Mother (In Law) Knows Best

Story Info
An unexpected visit for the holidays!
4.2k words
4.58
48.3k
83
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*Hello all! Hope you enjoy this holiday story. Currently finishing up another holiday story and will move to begin the next edition of Hey, Alexa! - E.B.*

Jack and Kate were an unlikely match. Growing up in a moderate sized town, Kate was loved by everyone. She was the cookie-cutter "most likely to succeed" type of girl. She was smart, cute, and athletic; a perfect recipe to be the most liked person in highschool. She excelled in everything that she attempted and it was no surprise when she was accepted to attend the best law school in the area. Her mother, Heather, was ecstatic. But Kate had only gotten a scholarship for her first year at this prestigious university.

Heather tried to convince her daughter to take the full ride at the state school, but Kate wanted more. She was as bright as she was proud. However, she was able to make it through.

Kate met Jack her first week of college in the dining hall. He didn't come from the best of households, yet he was working full-time and taking classes at the nearby community college. They hit it off from the jump, and by the next school year they moved in together. The two were head over heels for one another, but their struggles made their relationship have some rocky times.

Jack decided to support Kate to the fullest. They came together with a plan to get married at the courthouse. He quit taking classes and left the job at the dining hall for blue collar work. Over the next couple years, Jack came home to Kate buried in her studies. He made her dinner, cleaned their apartment, and took care of Kate's cat. Life was hard, but they made it through together.

Once Kate graduated, their marriage began to decline. The two moved a State over and Kate began working for a large law firm for an amazing salary. The only downside was that she was busy. Her life began moving too fast for Jack to keep up. She was gone for business trips and conferences, late hours, and having to change plans last minute. It was rough for both of them.

Jack continued his blue collar work, making decent money. He was a few years away from a promotion and he thought that if he also had a degree, he could double his income. He applied and was accepted into a program and wanted to share the news that he'd be going back to school part time to finish up.

That day when he got off work, he cleaned their entire apartment and made a lovely dinner to celebrate. When he finished cooking he realized it was quite late in the evening. He texted Kate asking when she'd be home, knowing something had probably come up in the office.

After an hour with no response, he thought it was strange. After another hour, he got worried. Though they lived in quite a safe area, it was still a city and something could have happened. He blew out the candles he had lit and turned off the music and went to the closet to get his coat. As he grabbed his keys from the entry table, the front door swung open.

Kate came barrelling in and bumped into him. He caught her and helped her straighten up. She was clearly drunk and her lipstick was smeared. "Hey, are you okay? What happened?" he asked.

Kate brushed him off and stumbled further into their apartment, collapsing on the couch. She hiccuped and pointed a finger at him.

"Why do you always worry about where I am and how I'm doing?" she asked.

Jack was confused. "Because I'm your husband and I want to make sure you're safe," he replied.

"It's controlling. It's like you treat me like a child," she said with a burp.

"You're not a child, you're my wife. I'm supposed to make sure you're safe and take care of you".

"Take care of me? You're living in my apartment".

Jack's face twisted. "My" apartment?

He had no idea what had gotten into Kate tonight. They fight and argue just like any couple but he could tell something was off. The two went back and forth, the dispute slowly intensifying into a screaming match. Kate insulted him, Jack defended himself. The argument came to a close when Kate threw her pair of stiletto heels at Jack, missing entirely. Jack left the apartment to calm down, hoping Kate would do the same.

This night was when Jack's life had completely changed. This became one of many disputes. Each pertained to how Jack was doing wrong. He suggested couples therapy eventually, only to be met with various items being thrown at him. Most missed, some didn't. He had faith though. It wouldn't be until Kate mentioned reporting him for abuse that he realized he was far more vulnerable than he could even imagine. He still loved the woman he married, she had just disappeared.

Kate's drinking had spiraled from that first night. She gained a lot of weight. Jack rarely saw her but each occasion, he knew it was getting worse. He yearned to help his wife return to the wonderful woman she had been, but the violence and anger he was met with was far too much for him to handle. He put off his plan to go back to school and began looking forward to his promotion.

After a few years, Jack was now a single married man. He rarely saw Kate and he did almost everything alone. He had some thoughts of divorce, but Kate's threats hindered him from turning a thought to reality. One weekend, he was sitting in the living room after a morning run. Kate was gone for three weeks on a business trip. "Who goes on business trips this close to Christmas?" he thought. He noticed his wedding band on his finger. He stared at it, confused. Would he ever get the woman he loved back?

Ring!

Jack got up to answer the door. As he walked towards the door, he wondered who would be here so early in the morning. He unlocked the door and turned the knob.

As he pulled the door open, he revealed a person he hadn't seen in years.

"Jack!" the woman yelped. She jumped and embraced him.

"Heather! What are you doing here!" he said, returning the embrace, "I haven't seen you since the wedding".

Heather gave him a kiss on the cheek and released him.

"I thought I'd just pop in and say hello to my favorite son-in-law and spend the holidays with you two," she exclaimed with a smile.

Jack smiled.

Heather had Kate when she was young. There was a running joke that Heather was actually Kate's older sister. Heather was in her late forties but looked great. She was shorter than average, the top of her head right around the height of Jack's chest. Her brunette hair was tied in a ponytail. She had a few wrinkles around the corners of her mouth and eyes from being such a happy woman, but her skin looked great. She had red lipstick on her plush lips and her nose was red from the cold. "For a forty-something year old woman, she was quite attractive," thought Jack.

"Well this is going to be bad news but Kate is away on a business trip," he said.

"What! On Christmas Eve? Are you kidding?" she replied.

Jack shook his head and Heather rolled her eyes.

"Well it's good I'm here because I don't want you spending the holidays all alone," she chimed.

Jack thanked her and helped her in. He brought her two large suitcases to the single bedroom. He explained that he would sleep on the couch so she could have the bed. She thanked him and he left the room so she could shower and change. Jack took the time apart to quickly grab his things from the bedroom and move them into a dresser in the living room. He then texted Kate about the situation and said that she should attempt to get home as soon as she could.

He went into the kitchen to prepare himself a protein shake and some breakfast for Heather. After a while, Heather appeared from the bedroom. She had the towel wrapped around her to cover herself but the towel was just short enough to attract attention. Jack turned when he heard her come into the kitchen and immediately turned away.

"Sorry! There was no lotion and I couldn't find any under the sink," she said.

Jack turned back to face her and smiled. He told her where she could find lotion in Kate's things and that he would wait to eat breakfast with her. Heather blushed and headed back to the master bedroom. As she walked away, Jack caught a glimpse of her behind. The towel came down to cover most of her back side but a slight peek of her ass was visible. Jack reminisced. It was like a memory from a few short years ago when Kate was healthier. She had always had a curvy, athletic body without having to workout consistently. Kate must have gotten her body from her mother, but Heather was clearly more endowed in the front and back.

When heather returned she was wearing a soft robe and had her hair wrapped in a towel. She sat at the table as Jack brought her the meal.

"My gosh. I haven't had somebody else cook me a meal in years. Thank you," she said.

"So how is everything?" asked Jack.

Heather sipped her coffee and made small talk with Jack. The two enjoyed their food and Heather offered to clean up. Jack thanked her and told her that he would be gone for most of the day to go to the gym and get some groceries for dinner. He grabbed his bag and headed out for the day.

While away from the apartment, Jack questioned himself. Breakfast with his mother-in-law was... amazing. He realized he hadn't had much human conversation, much less connection, besides the guys at work for a few years. In between his sets he thought about Heather and how she looked when she got out of the shower. He couldn't remember the last time he had sex, but he could feel the bulge in his pants grow as he thought about Heather. "Jeez. You're a weirdo," he thought to himself. He quickly finished his workout and headed to the grocery store.

When he got home, he found Heather in the kitchen cooking. She had changed out of her robe and into an oversized shirt. Jack assumed she had shorts on, but the mystery was entertaining to him.

"Hey darling. I wanted to surprise you with my world famous Christmas Eve special," she said while focusing on the stovetop.

Jack grinned from ear to ear and thanked her. It had been so long since someone had cooked something for him. He had always wanted to spend Christmas with family and have a big dinner. He told her he was going to shower and look over some things for work and left for the master bedroom.

Jack grabbed a change of clothes and showered off the day. When he finished, he threw on his favorite sweatpants and his... Oh, he forgot his shirt. He quickly unlocked the bathroom door and went into his dresser. As he knelt and rummaged through the bottom drawer he heard the door creak.

"Gosh, where did I leave my- OH!" yelped Heather. She quickly apologized and grabbed her phone she left on the bed.

"I should've knocked. I thought you were still in the bathroom," she explained.

"It's fine," Jack laughed, "No different than being at the beach".

"That's true. You must be at the gym everyday, you look great! I'm going to need pointers, especially at my age".

"Nah! You're crazy. You look fantastic!"

They both smiled and Heather quickly left the room. Jack threw on his shirt and grabbed some socks to wear. As he bent down to put his socks on, he glanced down at his pants. Shit. He had an erection poking out. He cursed at himself. Hopefully Heather hadn't seen it. Maybe he got erect after she left. She didn't seem to notice. He thought it was probably fine.

Jack went to his office and logged on to his computer. It sucks to be working from home on Christmas Eve, but his promotion was so close. He felt that if he continued to perform well, it was in the bag. The project he was working on took him a few hours. By the time he was finished, the sun had begun to set. He emerged from his office space to be met by Heather on the couch.

"Hey. Do you want to go for a walk and see some Christmas lights? I saw online that the nearby park was decorated," she asked.

Jack agreed and the two got dressed to leave. They left the apartment and headed towards the park. The air was crisp and cold. The two had bundled up as much as they could but the wind cut through, occasionally making them shiver. The snow had blanketed itself across the city. The crunch of salt on the sidewalks followed them as they walked.

When they arrived at the park, the display was breathtaking. The trees were glowing with colors of red and green. The lamp posts along the trail were flickering with real flames. They smiled at folks that passed by. Children laughed and played, chasing each other around the park. It was wonderful.

The two had been conversing and the topic had come to children. Jack explained that Kate never wanted children because of her career, but he loved the idea and wanted a big family. Heather understood and explained that her husband, Richard, was the same way. He left when Heather became pregnant with Kate but returned for the birth. He wasn't a family man but stayed to raise Kate.

"How come he didn't come with you?" Jack asked.

Heather sighed and looked away at a pile of snow. She hesitated. Jack could see her eyes glisten as tears collected in the corners of her eyes.

"Nevermind," he said, embracing her. She assured him that she would share her story when she had a glass of wine with dinner. The two turned and began their stroll home. Heather wrapped her arm in Jack's, grasping his bicep with her off hand. Jack obliged and escorted her home as they continued to enjoy their time together.

As they strolled, Heather felt Jack's arm. It had been a long time since she felt happy. She thought about how she would explain her lonesome to Jack. It wasn't easy, but she felt that she could trust her son-in-law. She felt safe being courted by him this evening. He was youthful and energetic, which made her feel as if she was his age again. Yet he also made her feel stable. His demeanor was consistent and balanced, which any woman would be lucky to have to reassure them in emotional times. Her face was sore from smiling so much. He was the perfect young man... for her daughter. "Yes of course for my daughter," she thought to herself.

When the two returned to the apartment, they were starving. They got through the door and immediately advanced on the food. Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, chicken, and pie; the essentials. As Heather made their plates, Jack set the table. When he was finished, he trotted into the living room and grabbed the TV remote. He turned on some soft Christmas music with a jazz twist.

The two then sat at the table and dug into their plates. Jack's eyes widened.

"My God! This is amazing," said Jack.

"Kate hasn't made any of the recipes I gave her?" she asked.

Jack shook his head and explained the troubled situation their marriage was in. Heather listened with intent, sipping her glass of wine. Jack eventually got shaky when explaining the intense arguments and Kate's tantrums. Heather reached out and grabbed his hand as he spoke. She assured him that he would be okay and that she would be there for him.

"I am so sorry. And actually, this is the same reason why I am here myself," said Heather. She explained that she had left her husband after he had gotten a little rough during an argument. She packed everything she could into her suitcases and flew here to ask if she could stay a while until she could get back on her feet.

Jack rubbed the back of her palm to comfort her. "Of course you can stay. As long as you need," he replied. Heather smiled, holding her tears back.

The two finished their meals and continued to converse at the table while finishing the bottle of wine. After a while, they were empty.

"Ah. I think I have another in the kitchen," said Jack, standing to get the next bottle.

"Let's take this party to the living room!" laughed Heather while raising her empty glass.

Jack opened the bottle and returned to sit on the couch. He sat on one end and Heather on the other, facing one another.

The two continued enjoying eachothers company. They laughed and continued to drink together. Eventually the conversation came to Heather and her dating life.

"Yes. Eventually I may go on a date. It may sound embarrassing, oh gosh... Tonight was the first time I've been taken out on a date in almost a decade," she said.

"Date?" Jack laughed.

"Yes. Tonight was definitely a date. Crazy right? My son-in-law took me on the most romantic date I've been on in years. If another guy had taken me out, we'd probably be sleeping together by now..."

Jack hesitated. Heather's eyes widened.

"Oh no. I didn't mean that! Sorry, the wine is getting to me," she said.

Heather scooted in, closing the distance between the two. She put her arm over the back of the couch and put a leg over Jack's lap.

"Anyways. Enough about my sex life," she said chuckling, "what about you, Sir".

Jack laughed. Heather leaned in, holding her glass, her eyes wide. Jack explained that Kate had been neglecting him but he has never tried to see someone else.

Heather rolled her eyes. "That's terrible. I thought I had it bad. I thought a young hunk like you would be dropping panties with girls your age," laughed Heather.

Jack blushed.

Heather reached out and put her hand on Jack's cheek. "I know I joke a lot but you really do deserve better. And I'm allowed to say that! She's my daughter and I know you are still underplaying her behavior," she said.

Heather's eye contact was unbreaking. Jack closed his eyes and leaned into her palm. Her hands were so soft. Their faces were close. Jack took a deep breath through his nose, the scent of Heather's perfume putting him at ease.

Jack felt Heather's lips meet his. His eyes shot open. His mother-in-law had her lips pressed against his. Time had slowed. In only a second, panic shot through his spine but just as quickly the panic faded as Heather's lips enchanted him. He leaned into her kiss, returning the favor. The two continued to kiss. A small peck quickly changed to tongues dancing.

Jack broke their kiss. "W.. What about Kate?" he muttered softly.

Heather grabbed Jack's glass and placed it on the coffee table next to hers.

"..What about her?" replied Heather.

"If she fi-"

Heather kissed Jack, cutting him off. She straddled him. She unbuttoned her blouse from top to bottom. It came off with ease and ended up on the floor. Heather continued stripping, unbuckling her bra and throwing it with her shirt. She faced him and looked into his eyes.

"Just focus on me," she said softly, lifting the bottom of his shirt up.

Jack raised his arms and Heather slid his shirt off. She tossed it away, returning her focus to him. She slid her hands from his neck down to his chest. His workout regiment was clearly doing its job. She caressed his arms, following the well chiseled crevices. Her hands came to his torso, and then slowly to his belt.

Heather leaned in to kiss him more. Jack wrapped his arms around to grab her ass. He squeezed as Heather began unbuckling his belt. In a swift motion, she took his belt from the loops and tossed it away. She unbuttoned his pants and undid his fly. Using one hand to hold his waistband back, she released his dick.

Heather broke away from their kiss. "My god," she said, gripping his shaft. She leaned in and continued their kiss.

After a few minutes, Heather's lust began to overflow. She wiggled off of Jack's lap and stood. Facing him, she slowly slid her leggings down to her ankles and kicked them off. Heather then knelt before him and slid his jeans down to his own ankles.

She gripped his shaft and spit onto the tip, then used her hands to lubricate the rest of his dick. She used both hands to stroke him, up and down. "You know, Kate had always said you were big, but she never told me that it was this big," she said, grinning up at Jack.

She let go and stood once again. Heather mounted him and reached down in between her legs to grip his shaft once more. Jack felt her slowly guide him into her as she sat down slowly. Her insides were soaking wet and warm with lust. At first, there was slight resistance but Heather sat back to let gravity push the rest of Jack's dick into her. She moaned as she reached the bottom. He completely filled her womb.

12