Moths to a Flame

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Even Madison had noticed a cough appearing more frequently.

Olivia put her hands on her hips and tutted, "Mads, it's not good all this smoking, you know what Abigail was saying, it's quite scary!"

Madison shook her head and regrated the movement, as she gently coughed again, and shrugged her shoulders "But Olivia, you know it's only just one more cigarette before we go out, and you like them too?"

Olivia twisted her lower lip and bit it as she contemplated it, with a deep breath she sighed. "Yeah, I know, but it all adds up? When did you open that pack, you know how bad they are for us!" Olivia tried to sound concerned for her friend.

Madison also twisted her lips as she thought and tilted her head teasingly, "Anyway enough of that so do you want one too?" She smiled as she asked whilst sliding a cigarette out the pack and briefly balancing it between her fingers almost teasingly before placing the filter between her lips and then shuffling up on the windowsill getting most of both of her relatively chunky buttocks on the narrow ledge whilst Olivia deliberated, Madison pulled another cigarette out of the pack and offered it to her.

Olivia took a deep breath and looked firmly at Madison whose hazel eyes were practically begging her, "I'm okay for now," she replied unconvincingly. Then watched one with a sudden wave of feeling as if she was missing out crashed over her as the cylinder slid back into the pack before Madisons hand moved for the lighter. Olivia watched on almost longingly as the flame shone brightly across the room reflecting back off the window as her friend lit the cigarette and then her bra covered breasts rose as she pulled the putrid burning smoke deeply into her chest before turning and exhaling mostly out of the window whilst pushing the lighter back in the pack.

Madison turned to Olivia and grinned "Your loss!" As smoke continued to drift out of her nose, she then turned back to the window and brought the filter back to her lips and inhaled again.

Olivia sat there in silence her hands wedged between her knees on the edge of her bed in her summer dress waiting whilst watching her friend who last year had been incredibly stylish. A girl who was a normally confident in her own body, however at that moment even being bigger than she used to be, looked almost small in her bra and knickers, hunched over whilst she passionately, intensely, desperately, and repetitively pulled smoke into her lungs. The burning cigarette fizzled as her untoned stomach folded into three on Olivia's windowsill basking in lungsful after lungful of glorious smoke. Olivia couldn't help but feel beyond slightly jealous, it was definitely her loss, she could have shared a cigarette as she watched the clouds of smoke forced from deep within Madison's chest go mainly in the direction of the gap in the open window or bounce off the glass back into the room. For Olivia it was just mesmerising to watch.

What seemed like thirty seconds later but had been a good four minutes the cigarette butt followed the last exhale out the window with a casual almost practiced flick. Madison instantly then turned and dived into her bag and pulled out the small pink cylinder that was her body spray dosing herself in the sweat strawberry smell, both girls coughed as the fine particulates circulated the room. She then hunted and found her cropped t-shirt and far too short denim skirt. "So ready to head out and find Abigail and the others?" she asked as the smoke remnants back lit through the open window still drifted out of her mouth as she stood up and tugged her belt like skirt up her long slim legs.

"Yup, will head to the bathroom to do my makeup, and I will be right there." Olivia huffed as she stood up as the springs creaked as she bounced off the bed and headed through the door.

***

Abigail Williams sat at her desk she bit her bottom lip and took a deep breath and opened the Marlboro Red pack of cigarettes that she had bought at the corner shop at the end of her road, she had been bamboozled by the price, but her curiosity had been bitten and after playing with the packs trying to get them actually open and to see the cigarettes under the lid she eventually got the free C-Rave she had got from Madison and the Red side by side on her wooden kitchen chopping board, they were both lit brightly by her angle light hovering low over the desk. In the darkness beside her lay three open red binders full of her research papers. She picked up one of cigarettes and brought the tobacco end to her nose and smelt it. She smiled at the smell as it flooded her airways and tickled her memory banks, she mused that it was as expected all normal. She pulled the angle light up away from the chopping board and shuffled forward, then delicately using the red handled crafting scalpel she had retrieved from the bottom of her draw, she slowly cut down the side of one of the cigarettes.

"Hmmm," she mused, as the paper split open and the tightly packed brown leaves jumped and sprang out as the pressure released, her shoulders dropped, it was just tobacco leaves at one end a bright white sponge filter at the other. She moved her nose closer to the chopping board and took a deep breath, taking in the full force of the aroma of the dried tobacco leaf through her nostrils. Wiggling her nose as it went up. She nodded and picked up the uncut cigarette and sat back tapping the filter on the chin, she pushed the chair back and walked over to her full-length mirror beside on the white wardrobe opposite her bed and placed the cigarette between her lips and looked at herself from several different angles.

Abigail shuddered at the horrible thought of being an actual smoker, even if it didn't look totally wrong, and took one last look before she turned to walk away, but still she had to stop and look back and have a double take of herself in the mirror, a cigarette protruding between her slim fingers down by her cute jeans covered backside. With a shake of her head looked at herself more closely face on and then side on with the cigarette between her lips. With a shiver she removed the cigarette with her fingers and walked back and put the cigarette back on the desk, pushed her blonde pig tail behind her shoulder and stared intently at the two cylinders on the desk.

Her focus on the two cylinders was broken as her mobile loudly vibrated on silent on the desk, she glanced at her phone and with a tut she slide open the screen it was Jennie messaging asking, "What time are you getting to Paradox?"

She picked up her pen and sucked on the end as she thought about it and then smiled.

"Ooh totally forgot, been engrossed with my research. I don't think I can make it tonight sorry! xxx" Her thumbs moved at rapid pace as she hit send and then looked up at the dissected cigarette on her desk.

Her phone vibrated in her hand "Oh Cool, your loss! Jx"

***

The girls joined the queue to the club, and most of other teenagers in front of them in the standing there patiently whilst gossiping and giggling many were openly smoking their cigarettes, and there was almost a grey potent hanging above their heads with a stream of smoke continuously adding to the growing bloom in the still night air.

Madison looked on and twisted her lips and looked at her sparkly bag in her hand and then looked up "So sorry Olivia, you know what, whilst we wait, I am going to have another cigarette?" She suggested wiggling her legs awkwardly trying to stay warm in her short denim skirt as they stood waiting as the sun set behind the club as wafts of smoke moved down the line.

Olivia looked at her silver and sparkly watch and then up to the long queue in front of her. "Oh, I don't want to, it's not right, but I want too!" she said clearly fighting the growing feeling deep within side her.

Madison smiled and looked down the queue "We've plenty of time by the looks of it" she smiled.

"Okay, just the one, we can't go mad, I am sad to say, I am looking forward to it." Olivia frowned as she watched Madison opened her large purse and pulled the pack out and flipped open the lid then placed a cigarette between her recently touched up bright pink lips.

***

Abigail brushed the dark brown sweet smelling tobacco leaf into a small coin bag, in preparation for her investigations in the lab tomorrow. She picked up her pen and placed it between her lips as she thought and sucked and chewed on it as she looked the bag of brown leaf and then turned off her desk light and headed to the bathroom to get ready for bed.

***

They walked hand in hand in to the nightclub the rhythmic thud beat shook their bodies as the tottered in their heels into the large room, as the music was loud Madison made the international sign language for a drink and both girls headed through the throngs of people to the long bar with large pink and purple fluorescence lights running along the length and they bundled in to the two-deep queue.

With their drinks in their hands, they made their way to the steps to see if they could find Abigail and their other friends. Between sips on their straw of their blue WKD bottles they looked across the heads of the dancing crowds but couldn't see their friends.

They eventually bumped into Jennie, they hugged each other and then Madison shouted over the music "Where is Abigail?"

Jennie laughed and shrugged her shoulders "Being boring at home! Do you want another drink?" it was her turn to make the international hand signal for a drink and then pointed towards the bar with her head. The girls gulped their drinks down agreed and as a group headed back to the bar.

With the drinks collected they migrated to the quieter corner of the night club.

"What is Abigail up to?" Madison enquired before guzzling her alcopop.

Jennie shrugged her shoulders "She was too busy researching!" whatever that means.

"Do you think she is alright?" Olivia shouted over.

Jennie again shrugged her shoulders "Goodness knows what she is up to, but she thinks she is on to something!"

Madison cackled and pulled on her straw "All she is going to prove is smoking C-Rave's are enjoyably addictive, which is, err, what everyone knows about, it such a good thing that I am in no way addicted to them!" she said dismissively and took another gulp of her blue drink as she bopped her body to the loud beat of the music "But talking of which, I think it's time another ciggie!" she shouted as the tempo increased and the music volume went up.

Olivia raised her neatly plucked eyebrow as her lips locked around the white straw as her cheeks collapsed as she sucked up the blue fluid. She swallowed and shook her head "No, you don't Mads!" she shouted back, "lets drink these and get another bottle and then dance!" she swivelled her feet and moved her body to the beat of the loud music whilst standing on the spot.

Madison dismissively shook her head and used her long purple painted fingernail to direct her "Come on Olivia, and you Jennie? Come on let's find the smoking area, as I definitely need another cigarette and soon!" She grinned and took another gulp of her alcopop.

Panic crossed Olivia's face.

Madison flashed her bright white teeth as she grinned "Don't worry, come on!" She shouted over the music and grabbed Olivia's hand as she started to pull them girls like a human daisy chain through the throngs of people in the nightclub.

No sooner had they arrived and pushed their way into the crowded smoking area had Madison put a filter between her lips. With Olivia and Jennie looking on she stood in the corner and flicked the lighter and the inside of her cheeks practically collided as she pulled the smoke into her lungs. "Cor, that's better she said the smoke twisting and tumbling out of her mouth as her tongue moved. "Olivia as you don't smoke..." she raised a cheeky eyebrow "...how about you head back to the bar and get the next round in, I don't really want to leave this spot!" Madison declared as she placed the filter back between her lips and before Olivia and time to reply, Madison's head was tilted back as the cigarette tip burnt bright orange as she pulled another lungful of smoke into her chest.

Part Three Sunday

Abigail pottered around the laboratory with her safety spectacles on her freckly nose and white lab coat on over her clothes. With a deep breath she took a step back to take in her setup which she had spent the morning working on. With her finger as a method of double checking she traced the pipe from the valve on the vacuum pump, through the intermediate beaker, and then up to the retort stand with a 500ml Fanta bottle that she had drunk on her way to campus, it now had a small pipe sized hole cut out in the base, she had surrounded it in Blutak to try and keep a seal. She had stuffed the bottle full of cotton wool and then wedged a cigarette in the neck of the bottle again trying to create a seal with more Blutak.

She pulled out her phone and took a picture to appreciate the effort and to send to the girls later.

Abigail took a deep breath and turned on the vacuum pump the whirring noise was deafening she picked up a wodge of left-over cotton wool and put two chunks on both ears to lessen the noise. She pulled the lighter out of her lab coat pocket and flicked it to produce a flame, she almost recoiled at the flame produced, releasing her finger, and cutting the heat. She shook her head and repeated the process as the pump noisily whirred on.

***

A dejected Olivia stood in front of the bathroom mirror taking in her hungover bloodshot eyes. It was nearly midday, and she had not got dressed, she was still in her oversized t shirt acting as a night shirt. She lent over the sink and spat out the toothpaste, having brushed her teeth for the second time that morning. She just could not get the taste from last night to clear, it didn't help her tongue was blue from all the WKD's she had drunk as well.

It had been a contradictory night out, both amazing and awful for Olivia at the same time, they finally got on the dancefloor just before kicking out time, but they had spent practically the whole night outside in the smoking area letting Madison smoke.

Olivia had become the designated gofer for Madison. She was ferreting around getting the drinks, as Madison didn't want to leave her secured smoking spot. It was an interesting observing Madison she either had a cigarette between her lips or the straw for her WKD's she only left her spot when she needed to visit the bathroom, and even then she was as quick as possible.

After ferrying the third round of drinks out to Madison and observing her take a fresh cigarette out of what seemed to be an endless pack the watching in awe as she used the butt of her last one to light the next cigarette Olivia had finally snapped.

"MAD'S, I NEED A CIGARETTE TOO!" She practically bellowed at Madison, who tipsily laughed dismissively at her, and then exhaled a cloud of smoke all over her. Jennie looked on in almost disgust at Olivia and busy slurped her drink.

"Then why the hell didn't you say anything?" Madison giggled. "You could have said earlier!" she grinned.

"Because..." Olivia confusingly responded and looked at Jennie and then back at Madison her brown eyes wide in confusion.

"God, sake girl, go on, have one of these amazing cigarettes!" Madison replied pushing the nearly empty pack around on the bench and offered it to Olivia.

Olivia leant over the sink and spat out the toothpaste and put her head under the cold tap and slurped the water, she sloshed it around in the mouth and looked at her face in the mirror again and shuddered at the thought in front of the mirror of her face with the cigarette protruding from her lips and her body enjoying the feeling of nicotine flooding her system. She bent over and spat the water down the sink hole.

She had then walked back to her bedroom and sat against the window on the little sill and looked out into the garden. Just as she had when she had got home very early this morning. However, this afternoon she could see out into the garden, but last night she had actually opened the window and lit the very last cigarette Madison had given her. She had giggled at the thought if Madison sitting in the very same spot and having cigarette earlier in the day, but before bed, she had needed that last little hit of nicotine. She shook her head as she looked out the window at the two butts, evidence of their misdemeanour resting on gravel covered flat roof of the kitchen below her and then got up and started to get dressed.

***

Abigail concentrated as she offered the lighter to the cigarette and with the vacuum pulling the air through it, the tip quickly caught alight and as the machines whirred it soon was fizzing and burning orange and red extremely brightly, the smoke was pouring off the tip as it burnt extremely quickly. Abigail, she stood back and watched as the smoke quickly filled the coke bottle and slowly started to turn the cotton wool yellow as the vacuum continuously pulled the smoke through the pipes and out through the machine.

***

Madison held on to the banister rail and coughed and groaned after each heavy and slow downward step she made towards the kitchen, every almost unbearable loud thud of her foot juddered through her body as her toes stamped on the polished wooden steps, it was painful on her head, she was extremely hungover, and her throat felt like she had been gargling the gravel driveway outside. She slowly made her way into her parents' kitchen and looked up through her bleary eyes at her sister Sonia who was just sitting there bright as a button leaning on the central island lighting yet another cigarette.

"Afternoon Mads!" she stated with her exhale her tongue making the smoke dance as it left her mouth, "Did you have fun out last night with these?" She grinned as the smoke continued to drift out of her nose and lips. "I hope you got others to try them?" she asked as she flicked the ash from the tip.

Madison nodded her head and then winced as she regretted moving it and then slowly her eyes focused a little further along the counter at the recently opened C-Rave pack balancing on another yet to be opened pack, a smile crept across her face, and she looked at her sister and grinned asking permission to take one.

***

Abigail used a kitchen skewer to prod and slowly pull the disgusting coloured yellow and brown stained cotton wool out of the plastic bottle, she stifled a cough as it reeked of potent cigarette smoke, but she just has to stop and smell it and take a deep lungful of the heady aroma.

She sealed the cotton wool in her prepared sandwich bag and then opened her bag of fresh cotton wool and stuffed it back into the bottle and fixed it back on the retort stand. With a shake of her head, she took a fresh the cigarettes from Madisons C-Rave pack and slid it into the neck of the bottle and sealed the top the best she could.

***

Jennie Bailey groaned as she rolled over in bed as she licked her teeth and lips, then in disgust winced at the taste. As her memories flooded back, she was cross with herself as she shuffled up in bed as she reached across and brought to her lips as she guzzled the last bit of water from the glass in her bedside glass. She was good a remembering to drink water after a night out. All she could remember from last night was the thick cloud of smoke that hovered over her head as Madison and Olivia smoked and smoked and then smoked some more.

The two of them reeked of cigarettes by the end of the evening.

It was obvious that they were hungry for those awful things, it wasn't until gone midnight that she had finally snapped, she had blamed it on the numerous WKD bottles consumed which was followed by a few shots of vodka, but she finally had asked to borrow a cigarette too, it was like she was being left out of this amazing and special club that the two girls were in.