All Comments on 'Moving to the Suburbs'

by Rustyoznail

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
HighpikeHighpikeover 4 years ago
Wow!

I really hope there's more of this. The characters are amazing. Crafted brilliantly, thank you.

ag2507ag2507over 4 years ago

It's stories have a strong sense of place, usually East Kent. You genericised your locations, probably would have been stated to have omitted context entirely. Also, I need to check, but I seem to remember it being hard to find Pern novels in the UK. Mi by

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

That was a great fun read!! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
My 2 cents

I enjoyed the story. I liked the characters and the dialogue. I hope they will continue to experience and discover each other in more chapters. Thanks for your time and imagination.

eodomeodomover 4 years ago
An interesting combination

A very interesting combination of character development. I like where you’re going with this and I’d encourage you to add at least a 2nd chapter😈

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Well done, and I hope you continue. The characters are all fun, and I would like to read more about them.

One small point threw me off a bit. Vicky leaves the train before his stop every day, but on the outbound when they are to meet up she is already on the train when he boards. Not a major issue, of course, just a bit of a stumbling block.

Crazy2WheelerCrazy2Wheelerover 4 years ago
Excellent

This is such an example of a story line that could really continue and hopefully it shall!! Superbly written, enjoyable and a nice touch of possible reality.

BRAVO!!!

oggbashanoggbashanover 4 years ago

ag207: Pern novels are available in the UK, new and secondhand.

As for location? That doesn't matter. The Morris van was more than enough.

Thanks for a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
location??

Obviously Melbourne, outer suburbs cause there's no trams involved. As I'm a northerner that's all I can come up with. Love the story, the pace and the atmosphere. Had me looking at hotted up minors for a bit! Thanks

Sidney43Sidney43over 4 years ago

Now that was a fun read. A slow (sort of) romantic build and then some off the wall crazy room mates who have all sorts of interesting house rules. I agree with another post, there is all sorts of potential for more adventures for this foursome, or is it foresome?

RustyoznailRustyoznailover 4 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the comments, particularly from Oggbashan. I’m glad you liked it.

Just a couple of things. Vegemite on the table should be a clue about where the story is set, and, well, I was thinking of the Melbourne rail loop for the travel. Lol... I didn’t mention that because the direction reverses through the day. Didn’t think of any other inconsistency. Oh well...

sweetdreamsssssweetdreamssssover 4 years ago
Wow,it was fun

The best part is that it looks perfectly natural to read them...

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Puzzled

This was well written, and humorous. Don't understand why the rating isn't higher. Also don't understand the comment about Kent below - where are there penguin parades in Kent?

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 4 years ago
Two for one

This was like reading two different stories. One was this shy sparring on the train and the other this outrageous interaction with Vicky's roommates. Not sure I liked the combination. It may account for the comment about the low rating of the story. I gave it a 3* because of the inconsistency of the tone of the tale and the apparent mismatch between the characters we meet at the beginning and what they all become at the end.It was a pleasant read - it had to be to get through 5 pages where so little happens. (And why was it called: "Moving to the Suburbs"?)

ElectricBlueElectricBlueover 4 years ago

A little bit schizoid, what with the gentleness of the first half and then a reset button gets pushed once Tony got to the strange group house.

But do I care? No, coz little Vicky was cute and hot both at the same time, and what's not to like about a true redhead with curtains and drapes?

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongover 4 years ago
Loved the story

and to the person that complained about the difference in Vicky's personality I didn't find that all strange-after all, what is that 'saying' about a lady in public and a tramp in the bedroom (or something along those lines)?

mammoetmammoetabout 4 years ago
Loved it

more please needs more chapters

FreckleLoverFreckleLoverabout 4 years ago

Freckled redheads... my obsession

rightbankrightbankalmost 4 years ago
that was fun

Please let us know what happens next

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Oooh. Overcritical burned you with 3*.

Get used to it. 4* are uncommon and 5* are very, very rare. I’ll give you 5* to try and make up for it.

RustyoznailRustyoznailabout 3 years agoAuthor

This is a test post, but I do have a couple of ideas.

Too many ideas, not enough time...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

i really wish there was something between 4 and 5 stars. Great writing, really good story, but i don't particularly like the rather forceful and early introduction of extras. nonetheless, I'd love to read more of Vicky and Tony's adventures.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I like your characters and am in awe of your talent. Wish I knew people like them in real life. Thank you and keep writing.

DevilbobyDevilbobyalmost 2 years ago

Yes it was good to read "we're slugs for stats "first then "moving to the suburbs". The continuity worked perfectly and each is a good story in its own right. As I've said elsewhere I do like a bit of humour with my sex.

DevilbobyDevilbobyalmost 2 years ago

I shall go on to read more of your stuff. Thanks for those I have already read.

chasbo38chasbo386 months ago

Entertaining story but difficult to connect the Vicky in the beginning of the story with the Vicky in the end who really new her way around a cock and had been a spinner with multiple men.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRustyoznail@Rustyoznail
Apologies to those who have favourited my Sammy stories. Due to a change in personal circumstances, they've been removed. I'm really sorry. Civil engineer by trade. Usually write technical documents. Have all these thoughts rattling around in my head that need to get out. Mo...