Mr. Basketball Ch. 17

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I don't know," I replied. "It looks like it says mustard."

He chuckled. "You know, they make electronics that actually type this out as you talk. I think we have it in the budget to get a few."

"I'm old school," I smiled.

"Minus the school part," he laughed. "You just old."

"Damn," I snickered. "You sound like Teagan."

"It must be true then."

"Speaking of which," I started. "I've got to get going. I've got dinner with her and my cousin and my boy Randy. It's their anniversary tonight and I promised them I'd take them out to dinner."

"Tonight of all night's?" Donte asked. "You couldn't have done this tomorrow night?"

"Tomorrow night is the game."

"Well," he smiled. "I meant the night after."

"Win, lose, or draw, we aren't going to get any peace and quiet for the next week," I offered. "There's nothing left tonight except bed checks. We did the walk through, the shoot around, the press crap, the itinerary for tomorrow. If I don't do this tonight, it ain't going to happen."

"How late you going to be out?" he asked.

"930 at the latest. I'll do bed checks on my way back through. I'll see you in the A.M."

"Alrighty," he said. "Now, what the hell am I going to do for dinner?"

"Grab the old ball and chain and come with us. We've got room for two more."

"Naw," he replied. "You with family, I can't impose on you like that."

"You are family, Donte," I reminded him.

"I appreciate that, Jake, but I'll grab something at the restaurant in the hotel and call it a night."

"Suit yourself then," I said as I grabbed the notepad and headed for the door.

I didn't get far before the press found me and started asking questions.

I stopped and tried to be as polite as possible. "No more questions guys, please. I spent way longer than I should have earlier answering questions. I'm tired and hungry and I'm calling it a night."

Much to my dismay they didn't let up and kept bombarding me with questions until I reached the hotel lobby where security let me in then shut the door and sent them on their way.

"Thank you," I called to security as I hustled to the elevator.

I rode it up and exited before heading to my room.

"We are going to be late," Teagan scolded me.

"I know, I know. I was gathering my thoughts and got caught up. I'm here now, let me get changed so we can go."

"Evan wants to know if it's ok to come along."

"Nope," I said without even thinking about it. "I set the rules, they apply to everyone including him. Coach's son or not, he's not allowed out."

"I told him that but he just wanted to ask."

"Connor or Raelynn can come if they want to," I offered.

"Connor is with your mom and dad and Raelynn is with mine."

"Isn't that nice," I said as I came out of the bathroom. I was changed and ready to go. I looked at Teagan and smiled at her in the tight little black cocktail dress. Three kids later, the twins then Connor about a year later, and she still looked fantastic.

"What?" she smiled.

"MILF," I teased.

She giggled her little girl giggles and smiled her perfect smile.

"You can have me later," she said coyly as I took her into my arms and loved on her a little. "But we have to go to dinner now."

"We can spare five minutes," I teased.

"How long does it take you to get undressed and dressed?" she laughed.

"Turd," I laughed.

I squeezed her ass cheeks and ran my hands over them as she turned for the door.

"Panties?" I asked.

"I only packed one pair and those are for tomorrow night because the camera will be on me at the game. I don't want to flash them my goodies."

"That's my girl," I cheered.

I lifted her skirt as she opened the door and smacked her bare ass. She yelped a little then turned and wagged her finger at me telling me to behave.

*

"Happy anniversary," Teagan and I both cheered as we met Randy and Sam at the restaurant.

We exchanged hugs and handshakes before we were taken to our seats and given menus. It had been almost a year and a half since we had last seen them. Time has a funny way of sneaking by without you even noticing it.

"Thank you for taking us out," Randy offered. "I know you have a lot going on right now."

"Yeah," Sam cheered. "Thank you guys, it means a lot."

"Don't thank me yet," I joked. "I haven't paid the bill."

We all laughed before Randy asked the obvious next question. "You nervous about tomorrow night?"

"I'm not nervous about it... I'm anxious about it. I just want to get it over with. This whole circus and everything surrounding the game is just overwhelming. It's just a game where the two most deserving teams get to compete for the honor of being crowned the best in basketball for the year. Everything else is just crap man. It puts so much on these poor kids."

"Yeah," Randy nodded in agreement.

"Damn," I chuckled. "That was good. Where's my notepad? I have to write that down."

"Oh jeez," Teagan groaned. "You and that damn notepad. They make things you can talk into..."

"Yeah, yeah," I cut her off in a teasing way. "And it types it out for you. I know but I'm..."

"Old school," Teagan cut in and teased back.

"Don't you sass me," I joked with her. I looked at her perfect smile and couldn't help but lean over and kiss her in my loving way.

"Hey!" Sam cried. "Get a room."

I went to give her the finger but Teagan knew my move and grabbed my hands before I could get them up. She moved them to her lap. My hand went for the skirt as I twisted around to free one then went straight up her leg. They were crossed but I still managed to get under her skirt and touched the hidden tattoo of my number five. She wiggled and giggled before we both stopped and tried to act mature since we were out in public.

"Seriously though, let me write that down. I sat in that room for over an hour and came up with about five things to say. I don't know how motivating that's going to be for them."

"They've heard it all," Teagan offered. "Maybe something short and sweet is all they need to hear."

I continued writing but shrugged at her comment. She had a point but in my heart I knew this was the most important game of their lives. For some of them it was going to be their last game. My seniors were graduating and none of them were draft prospects for the next level so this was it. For the rest of them, it wasn't a guarantee that they would get this chance again. We had steadily improved over the past few seasons and I had a pretty good recruiting class coming in this fall but you don't win on paper. If that were true, we wouldn't even be playing tomorrow according to the experts.

I set the pencil down and refocused on the group. "Sorry about that."

"I know how it is," Randy offered. "I'm always on the clock too so to speak. I'm head of narcotics so I'm sure I'll be getting a call before the night is over."

"So, what have you two been up to lately?" I asked.

"Well," Randy smiled. "I've decided I'm going to run for Sheriff this fall."

"Damn, Randy," I cheered. "That's a big leap but I hope you get it."

"Me too man. It's always something that I've wanted to do and the county could use some better direction. Remember all those times I've talked about doing it?"

"Over the years, yeah," I replied. "But I always told you to wait until the time was right before you went for it."

"The time's right," he said but not really convinced it was. "I mean, do you think it's right?"

"I don't have all the ins and outs of what is really going on down here," I started. "But you're a Major now and you've got tons of experience in law enforcement so I believe the time is right. You don't need my blessing though, go for it man."

"Good evening," the waitress said politely. "I'm Ashley and I'll be taking care of you tonight. What can I start you guys off with to drink?"

She looked my way and gasped a little. "Oh my gosh... you're the coach guy."

"Coach guy?" I asked playing dumb.

"Yeah, you're the coach of one of the teams that's here for the championship."

"You know," I said so seriously now. "I've been getting that a lot these past few days. I don't think I look that much like him, do I?"

"Yeah," she replied. "A lot like him."

"Well honey," I said looking at Teagan. "I guess it's true then. I've got to shave the beard so I can get my life back."

"Wait?" Ashley questioned. "So, you're not him?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Am I?"

"Oh my gosh," Teagan sighed. "Don't listen to him. He's a pain in the butt before he gets fed."

They both giggled a little before Teagan spoke again.

"I'll have a mojito please."

"Me too," Sam smiled.

"Beer," Randy said.

Ashley looked at me.

"The lookalike will have a beer like the ordinary gentleman sitting across from me ordered."

She giggled and wrote it down before glancing at me again to study my face once more. She turned and went to put the drink orders in still wondering if I was the coach or somebody who looked like the coach. Once she was around the corner Teagan playfully slapped me.

"You ass," she giggled. "You better tell her who you are. She's so confused right now."

I shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not."

She sighed her annoyed sigh at me but batted her eyes the way she did in that playful, teasing way she had always done. I wasn't in trouble, I was being warned not to get into trouble and get into it too deep. I leaned forward and kissed her playfully before smiling at her.

"I have to go to the girl's room," Sam said. "I'll be right back."

"I'll go with you," Teagan offered. "We will be right back."

They both stood and started to leave the table

"What do you think they do in there?" I asked Randy but loud enough the girls heard us.

"Beats the hell out of me. Must be a safety in numbers thing."

"I'm betting it's something we'd only see in the movies."

He laughed a little then thought for a second before laughing harder.

"What?" I asked.

"I just had a random thought," he replied. "Do you remember that time we pulled them over in the cop car?"

"Ha," I laughed. "How could I have forgotten that? And if I remember correctly it was just before you got married. And, I was the one that pulled them over, you were just along for the ride."

"I turned on all the lights," he smiled. "I have to get some of the credit."

"Listen, I executed the perfect, textbook traffic stop on my first try. How dare you try to steal my thunder?" I joked.

"Pulling them over was textbook, everything else was about as far away as you can get," Randy offered.

"Did we survive unharmed?" I asked with my smile.

"For the most part."

"Textbook," I laughed.

We both laughed now.

"What the hell made you think of that?"

He shrugged as he pulled his phone from his pocket. "Damn, hold that thought. I have to take this."

He excused himself from the table and headed outside to take the call.

I watched him walk out and thought about the incident that he had just brought up. It was pretty crazy and we both probably wouldn't be where we are today if we would have ever got busted.

*

It was two days before Sam and Randy got married. Randy and I were hanging out at his house drinking and having a good time unwinding before tomorrow. It would be nothing but running around after tonight for the next two days. We would have breakfast with the family then go to the tux shop to make sure they fit. After that we had to go to the venue to make the final walk through and get the flowers set. Then it was the rehearsal dinner. Then it was the bachelor party.

The next day was the wedding so we'd be busy, that goes without saying. We had to get up, sober up, shit, shower, and shave and in that order. Eat, get dressed, take pictures, go to the venue to make sure things were set, do the wedding, do more pics, then party the night away. So that night was our only night to chill out together.

"You want to get more beer?" Randy asked.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Just after nine."

"Alright, but I have to be back at the house by eleven though."

"Alright," he said. "Let's go to the store and get a twenty four pack then head to your dad's and do some drinking and some picking on the front porch."

"You sure?" I asked. "I thought you wanted to hang out, just me and you? I mean, I don't care either way."

"We hung out all day, two more hours ain't going to make a difference. Plus, if I get hammered I can make your dad drive me home."

"I'm sure he's going to be thrilled about that," I chuckled.

"That's why I'm getting a twenty four pack," Randy offered. "It's a down payment for the ride back."

"Good call," I agreed.

"Well?" Randy questioned.

"Let's go," I called.

We climbed into his old beat up truck and turned the key. Click. He looked at me with his shit eating grin.

"What the hell are you waiting for?" I asked. "Start the damn truck."

He reset the key and tried it again with the same result.

He sighed. "I got some water in the cap the other day when I was cleaning up under the hood. We just have to wiggle the wires and it should start."

A half hour later we had wiggled, shook, cussed, spit, and slapped the wires with no luck. I found the bottle of Jack and poured us a couple of drinks with some diet coke of all things to hold us over until we could get the beer. We weren't going to drink the hard stuff tonight, that was for tomorrow night.

"Well?" I asked. "Now what? You want to just drink the hard stuff and forget the beer?"

"I can't do liquor three nights in a row, man," Randy sighed. "I'm not as young as I used to be."

"Should we walk to the store then?"

He scratched his head. "I don't know but we gotta get to the store and replace that diet coke. Sam is going to be pissed when she finds out we raided her stash. And, how are we going to get you home?"

I looked over his shoulder at his brand new cop SUV sitting off to the side of the driveway. "What's wrong with that ride?"

He turned around and looked at his cruiser sitting there. "Well, nothing...but I've been drinking so I shouldn't be driving," he half joked.

"I'll drive," I offered. "My cup here is still pretty full and I only had the two beers. You spilled the other one and took my half drank one."

"Ummmm?"

"You afraid of getting pulled over?" I joked.

"Well..."

"That's why the cop car would be great cover. Who would pull us over in that?"

He laughed at that but was still reluctant to take his cruiser. "It has GPS on it so it's going to track us if we take it."

"So?"

"We ain't supposed to drive them at night if we are off duty," he said. "During the day it's fine because we are visible and it looks like there are more cops on the road than there actually is."

"Oh...unhook it."

"Unhook what?"

"The GPS," I hissed. "It ain't that complicated."

"Let me see if I can find it," he relented.

"I'll freshen up our drinks then."

"Dude, that diet coke tastes like shit," he groaned. "What else is there?"

"I don't know. I do know you need to go shopping once in a while. No beer, no coke, no food, no snacks, no dip. What the hell do you two do all day long? You better whip Sam into shape before Saturday or you are screwed my friend."

"Yeah, yeah," Randy chuckled. "She's your cousin, you think you'd have whipped her into shape long ago."

"You'd think that with a VIP coming into town you'd be a little more prepared," I added and pointed at myself.

He flipped me the bird now and laughed. "Go make me a damn drink and not the shit you've been serving me either."

"I'm going to stir it with my wiener," I called.

"If it tastes better than the shit you've been calling drinks then go for it."

"Be right back."

I raided the fridge and found some dew way in the back. It was almost flat but it would do if I could find something to go with it. I checked the liquor cabinet and found some coconut rum. This would have to do so I mixed one up and gave it a try.

"Not bad," I said. "Not the best but it will have to work."

I mixed up another one of them then headed for the door. I heard a loud crash and looked back into the kitchen to see Sam's cat running away and the bottle of rum smashed on the floor.

"Fuck," I hissed.

I set the drinks down and cleaned up the mess. I cussed at the cat again before heading outside to find Randy. He was sitting in the seat with the cop radio and siren controller box on the floor as he worked on locating the GPS plug. He looked frustrated as I handed him the drink.

"Try this," I offered.

He took a sip and looked at me. "Not bad. What is it?"

"Coconut rum and flat dew."

He took another sip. "You owe Sam another bottle of rum."

"How did you know the cat broke the bottle?" I asked.

"Hum?" he questioned. "The cat broke the bottle?"

"I think so. Either that or you have a ghost living in your house. The cat and the bottle were both on the counter, the bottle smashed and the cat ran away. The evidence suggests the cat was the culprit."

"Well...one would come to that conclusion," he sighed and pulled something.

"I cleaned up the mess as best I could. It'll do for now."

He shook his head.

"What the hell are you doing?" I asked.

"Trying to find the GPS," he hissed. "What does it look like I'm doing?"

"What the hell are you doing with the radio out?" I asked. "It's not in the center console, it's under the hood or on the floor under the seat."

"What?" he asked. "How would you know that?"

I leaned down and looked under the seat but didn't notice anything. As I pulled my head up I saw the lump under the vinyl flooring near the firewall. I folded it back and bingo. The added fuse panel and pile of wires appeared. Now it was a matter of finding the right one. The one labeled GPS was probably the place to start.

"There," I said and tossed Randy the fuse. "Put that shit back so we can go."

"How the hell did you know where to look?" he asked.

"The dealership," I smiled. "We got the contract to service the local police cars. Me and the service manager took one for a ride but we had to unhook the GPS."

He smiled as he grabbed the cup and took another drink.

"That thing was pretty fast," I said, referring to the cop car I had driven.

"This thing's a pig," Randy said annoyed. "Take the keys and give her a try."

"Really?" I asked. "I thought you were joking earlier about letting me drive."

"Why the hell not? I'm going to get fired if we get caught anyway. At least I won't be driving, maybe that will save me."

"It won't look good for me either," I offered. "I won't be moving this summer, that's for sure."

"Well...we've got nothing to lose so let's go." Randy pushed the radio and siren controller back into the hole they came out of. "I'll get this later."

He tossed me the keys.

"Get in, let's go. Just don't do nothing stupid," Randy ordered.

"Who me?" I asked innocently.

"Yeah, you," Randy laughed.

I started it up but sat there for a second to look it over and figure out where the headlights were. I switched them on and put it into reverse. I gave it a little gas and was about to punch it to screw with Randy when I looked back and slammed on the brakes.

"Jesus!" Randy howled. "What the hell was that?" His head bounced off the seat back as we stopped abruptly.

"Your truck door is open," I pointed. "I don't want to hit it."

He sighed first then laughed as he got out while grumbling obscenities.

"What?" I yelled. "You told me to be careful."

He slammed his truck door shut and cussed at it again before he climbed back inside still laughing about it.

"Have a drink man and relax," I laughed. "I got this."

I waited until he got the cup to his lips before I punched the gas. He jerked forward as the tires spun across the grass then the driveway. His drink spilled all over his face, down to his lap, the seat, and the floor. I cut the wheel and hit the brakes making the cruiser spin around and point out. I dropped it into drive and floored it.