Mr. James and Sophie: Breathless

Story Info
A student/teacher friendship finally becomes something more.
6.5k words
4.18
16.8k
15
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All characters 18 years of age or older.

James (or Mr. James, as he was known to the younger girl) relaxed into his chair and ran his fingers through his short dark hair. He had previously been incredibly tense, but he was trying to change that. It's not like he was doing anything illegal, but he always felt on edge meeting alone with Sophie. He respected her more than any other student, but even at her least gorgeous she was still an inadvertent temptress.

"Sorry, I must've been zoning out for a second there, where were we?" He suddenly snapped back to reality.

Sophie giggled and covered her mouth. "Nothing much at all, I just wanted someone to hang out with before heading home. I don't exactly have an exciting weekend to look forward to or anything." She sighed. She had transferred to this high school just for senior year and her best friend so far was the assistant vice principal. They had met during all the logistics, but things did not click until he had to substitute one of her classes for a week straight. He had quickly become her most trusted person in this unfamiliar environment.

"Well, like always, you're welcome to stick around as long as you want, although as always I encourage you to go out and make friends." Mr. James was referred as such because of his relative youth for the position. He was only in his thirties and even then, of above average fitness. He kept his hair cut short and his face clean shaven. He always dressed in a button-down shirt and tie and slacks, and today was no exception.

Sophie groaned. "I could make friends if I wanted to, I just can't be bothered. All my peers do is let me down, I'd much rather spend my time with someone cool like you." She looked down a little as she let out a rare direct compliment. She was dressed in a form fitting purple sweater made of thick material and blue jeans. The outfit did nothing to hide her thick curvature. She was not a thin girl by any means, just shy of overweight. Her frame benefitted from the weight in the chest, hips, and thigh areas. A black bra strap was visible right where her straight blonde hair ended. Students at this school sometimes dressed much more revealing, but students at this school usually appealed to the assist vice principal much less than she.

James racked his brain for what to do. He worried that she had been spending too much time with him and that it might appear suspicious. He did not mind at all, as he was always interested in what she had to say, but he did not want any harm to his career and he especially did not want any trouble for her. "Look, I think it might be viewed as a problem. I mean, how much time we spend together. Does that make sense?"

She turned her head, confused. "I don't see why...oh...." she nodded in understanding. "Yeah, I can see that. But I mean, we would not, that would be..." she laughed nervously, averting her eyes.

He laughed with her, also feeling nervous. "Anyways, I thought maybe we should instead try to meet over the weekend sometime, what do you think?" He held his breathe as he waited for a response.

Sophie was floored but tried not to show it. She completely locked up for a moment. Did she want to meet him over the weekend? Of course, she did, who was she kidding, but she did not want to seem like a desperate kid. She wanted to seem like a fellow adult interested in platonic friendship. She chose her words carefully and spoke slowly. "I'd be honored, what did you have in mind?"

He also had to be careful with his words. He did not want to seem overly excited to get more alone time with this stunning, busty student. "I know you trust me, but something safe, somewhere public. Would dinner be inappropriate?"

She bit her lip in contemplation. Dinner was most certainly not appropriate, but no one else would be there to say otherwise. "Sounds fine to me, anywhere you want is cool." She smiled sweetly.

He smiled back. "Sounds great, I'll pick you up at 6?"

She nodded in the affirmative. "Does that mean I should head home now?"

He hummed for a moment in deliberation before responding. "I think that would be best, don't want you to get sick of me before our big, uh..." He struggled to not say 'date'. "...event...tomorrow. Alright?"

She stood up and grabbed her things. "Yeah, totally, I can't wait!" She let slip, almost unintentionally. She was trying to keep it cool but failed for a moment. Embarrassed, she waved goodbye and ran out of the room.

Both the assistant vice principal and the senior girl were left with a lot to think about. They weren't strangers to being alone together, but they had never been around each other outside of school grounds. Neither of them could think about anything else in the lead up to Saturday night. Sophie worried that she would get him in trouble or make him feel uncomfortable. James worried that he was being unprofessional or that they were not on the same page. Neither went into this 'event' with sexual intentions or expectations, despite their obvious physical chemistry. Other teachers already whispered rumors about them behind their backs.

He arrived at her doorstop four minutes early. He was dressed more casually than normal, wearing jeans and a blue flannel shirt. He walked up and knocked on the door, his eyes widening when he saw her. She was wearing a loose fitting but relatively low-cut green blouse and black skirt with dark leggings. She was not showing off a ridiculous amount of cleavage, but it was more than the older man was used to seeing from her. She was also wearing more makeup than she did on a day-to-day basis. Not a crazy amount, but a lot of subtle work went into preparing for this night. It helped make her seem even older than she was, easing the older man's concerns but making him feel the nerves of a first date instead of the nerves of essentially taking out a student.

"Wow, you look amazing, I mean, you, let's go..." James was stunned. He tried to push the momentum forward so that he did not linger on the dirty way she made him feel in that moment.

"Thank you so much! S-sure..." she nervously followed him to his car, hopping in the passenger seat. She clung tightly to her purse. They were both acutely aware of the precarious position they had placed themselves in.

The ride to the restaurant was a little stilted, but they eventually got back into their normal rhythm. She would complain about one of the other students and he would try to stay partial but enjoy the impassioned way she vented. This time though, he felt freer to take her side when she griped to him.

They were both smiling and laughing as they stepped out of the vehicle. Concern swept over Sophie's face however once she saw their destination. "Mister James, I don't think I can afford this place..."

He waved his hand dismissively. "Nonsense, I'll pay. If I am gonna risk hanging out out with extracurricularly, I'm not going to half-ass it." It was out of character for him to swear, especially around a student, but he felt strongly about deciding to treat her like this.

They were just a touch out of place in their casual wear together at the high-end restaurant. He had wanted to surprise her, but not leave her as the only one underdressed. He had even gotten their table reserved prior. She had never been treated this well before in her life, despite her kind nature and cute appearance.

They continued to chat as they ordered their food. It felt natural. In the eyes of their peers, they were committing a heinous crime, but neither felt the effect of the age gap. He treated her like an adult and she acted like one in return. They both got what they wanted. For her, she wanted to feel respected and taken seriously by someone with authority. For him, he wanted to feel appreciated and hold a meaningful conversation with someone intelligent. He didn't get this far with her because she was pretty, it was because she put a lot of thought behind her words and actions, and it showed.

The time passed quickly. She could not help but be aware of the slight way his shirt tightened around his upper arms, and he had to self-impose tunnel vision to keep from looking where he shouldn't. Of course, it was impossible for him to not notice every inch of her body when his subconscious was screaming for him to take it all in. Neither of them was mentally satiated even after finishing dessert. "I guess I should be driving you home now, huh?" He did not want the night to end, but he also didn't want to cross any lines. This was already probably wrong.

She rubbed her upper arm and looked down. "Actually, I'd rather not..." She paused before continuing. "I mean, wait, not like that! It's just... you know how I don't let you ask about my parents?" She bit her lip and looked like she was about to start sobbing any second now.

Physical touch was not the standard for them, but he put his hand on top of hers gently and looked her in the eye with a calm expression on his face. "You don't have to say anything, I understand. I do not mind taking the couch, we do not have to talk about it. Obviously, I will not tell anyone, you're good." He sighed empathetically.

They barely spoke on the way to the car and the ride back to his place. He kept his eyes forward on the road. After several minutes, she looked over at him. She stared for several seconds before uttering, "Thank you..." and resting her has not softly on his thigh. He did not reply but he smiled and allowed her hand to stay. They stayed like this the rest of the drive home.

Wordlessly, they got out of the car and he walked her up towards his front door. They both wanted to speak badly, but neither knew what to say. "Hey, thanks for letting your female student stay the night, hope you don't go to jail!" she thought to herself, feeling stupid for putting him in danger.

"Well, did you want to go to... bed...now?" He asked. It was 9:00 PM. She did not in fact want to go to bed.

She could not help but laugh a little at his discomfort, which eased the tension a little. "Mr. James, I don't think we'll get in any more trouble for watching a movie instead of sulking alone." She smiled lightly.

"Please, it feels less gross if you just call me James, but sure, let me get you the remote. I've got Netflix, knock yourself out." He did as he said and handed her the remote to the TV. "I'm going to have a drink because this is a little uncomfortable." He disappeared from her view into the kitchen.

Sophie felt like she was trespassing just by being in his home. It was better than the alternative, she would have taken just about any chance to stay out of her own home right now. The assistant vice principal's home was not immensely spacious or luxurious, but it was clean and well maintained. Sophie kicked off her shoes and just spread out on the couch for moment while he was in the kitchen, although he did catch a glimpse, and he had to smile a little at the sight of the curvy girl splayed out on the couch. He quickly shook his head and took a sip of his glass of wine, feeling conflicted already.

"You sure you want to be drunk at a time like this?" She teased, smiling. She had put on a movie she had seen a million times already, wanting the background noise but not a distraction.

"Oh hush, I'm a real adult, and I'm entitled to consume healthy amounts of alcohol within the confines of my own home, even when smuggling a teenage girl." He teased back before taking another sip and sitting down beside her on the couch.

Her face got serious suddenly. "I really appreciate this, I know you could get in a lot of trouble if anyone ever found out, I promise I won't ever tell!" Her face conveyed the intensity behind her words. "It means a lot, I just really don't want to be home right now..."

James put a hand on her shoulder, marking the third time they had purposefully made physical contact. "Really, you don't have to tell me. I am not trying to one-up you or dismiss your situation in any way, but I've been there before more than I've let on, the difference is just that those days are behind me. I know what it is like to crave freedom so desperately, but not for the same reason as everyone else. I know how it feels to be trying to escape with your life intact when your classmates are just trying to have more fun. I get it. It's okay."

She looked up at him as he spoke, watching his mouth and eventually giving in to his eye contact. She looked away as she felt tears start to well up in her eyes. She always wanted to seem like the perfect, mature girl around him, but this was a lot for her to handle.

"Hey, hey, it's okay, I promise it's okay..." he said as she started to cover her eyes. He scooted towards her on the couch and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her in to a warm embrace. She pressed her face into his chest, lightly sobbing. They held this position for what seemed like hours, but was probably more like a minute and a half. He rested his head on hers and rubbed his hands up and down her back comfortingly. He sympathized with the young girl, but at the same time, being this close with her made his heart race. She could feel his heartbeat on her face as he held her.

Her heartrate sped up too, especially as they pulled apart and she planted a peck on his cheek. "Thank you, J-James, you're really sweet..." She was not accustomed to leaving out the 'Mister'. Neither was accustomed to trading cheek kisses, so they both just nervously took a moment to process the situation.

She was the first to speak again. "I'm sorry, that was out of line, I am so sorry, I'm just going to go to bed now..." She got up from the couch in a huff and turned away from him, not even really knowing where the bedroom was. Before she could leave though, he reached out and wrapped his hand around her forearm and held her in place. She looked back at him, stunned.

"Sit." He simply said. She complied, taking a seat right where she was. She mentally braced herself to be yelled at, kicked out, maybe even in serious trouble. Her face looked pained as she imagined all the horrible things about to happen.

"Sophie...I'm not mad, promise. I'm really glad you kissed me." He wore a sweet smile as he looked at her. One of his hands went to her upper arm, gently rubbing up and down to reassure her.

"You...are?" She asked, confused. It had been a spur of the moment decision that she instantly regretted. She did not want to lose this valuable friendship, the biggest one she had at this new school. She had just gotten swept up in the moment and carried away by her feelings for the older man, the feelings she usually did a fine job of suppressing.

James sighed, taking his hand off her. "It's...I mean...What are we doing here, Sophie? Are we both just trying to tiptoe right up to the edge of the thing we know we cannot do? Is that true for you too, or is that just me?" He looked serious now too, no hint of joking around in his voice or facial expression.

Sophie fiddled her hands together and looked down at them. "Y-yeah, I think I get what you mean, but...does that mean you're...interested...in me, but you just can't?" She looked up at him expectantly now.

He let out another sigh. "I mean, I've always suspected you had more than a friendly interest in me, but I never knew for sure. I have never considered you as a possibility. I mean, obviously, you're the most beautiful girl I've about ever seen...and I enjoy being around you and talking to you more than any woman I've ever known...and- "

Before he could finish talking, she leaned in a and gave him a quick peck again, this time right on the lips. Again, he was stunned and caught completely off guard. This time she looked more playful than regretful in the aftermath, trying to suppress a coy smile. "Seemed like the right moment for that...you were saying?" She reflexively brushed her hair back with her hand, feeling smug.

The older man laughed nervously in response, but his face tensed up once he had time to think about what had just happened. "Sophie, I didn't say we could do this, we could both get in a lot of trouble. You deserve someone who can give you a normal, healthy relationship. I don't think we can be together, end of story." He pushed her away slightly.

She pouted. "I don't want a normal relationship with some loser, I want someone who makes me feel the way you make me feel, but I get it. I do not want to make you lose your job. I just won't be able to stop thinking about you...does this mean we can't hang out anymore?" She again seemed on the verge of exploding into tears. They both knew she was not the overly emotional type on a day to day basis, but this was a testing situation.

He put a hand over his mouth in contemplation. "I don't know...I guess...we are already here, maybe we can just get it out of our systems tonight and then go back to normal come Monday. Is that crazy? I really shouldn't be asking you..." He let another sigh out.

She perked up and smiled sweetly. "I think that sounds like a good idea. I promise I will never ever tell a soul, and I will act like nothing happened after this. What, uh, exactly did you, you know, have in mind...for us?" Her heart pounded in her chest as if about to explode. She pressed her hands together anxiously.

"Just...one step at a time. Whatever you're comfortable with." James smiled back at her. He grabbed her upper arms with both hands, clinging tightly and pulling her closer to him. It was her turn to be stunned, so he took the plunge and slowly leaned in. He slightly twisted his head, closed his eyes, and then pressed his lips against hers.

She pushed back against him, shutting her eyes as well and pressing her lips. Neither pulled away his time, the kiss just lingered. Even after pulling away, the two only paused long enough to breathe and launch at each other, this time even more passionately. He gently held either side of her face, and her hands found his hips.

They kept pressing their lips together harder, finally unleashing months of pent up sexual tension. She could not help but let out a few soft moans that grew and grew as he started to gently work his tongue into her mouth. She felt dirty French kissing the older man, but it made her feel special and wanted. It would not mean the same coming from anybody else.

His hands lowered to her back, rubbing up and down lovingly. She was nervous, it was all she could do to just reciprocate the kiss. Her hands lightly rested on his sides. He eventually joined her in letting out a few low grunts.

He suddenly pulled away and they both just ogled each other. Her chest heaved as she gasped for breath, and he finally felt free to stare unabashedly. She noticed and pushed her her back, puffing out her chest as they both panted. "Y-you like...what you see?" She said between breaths. She smirked at him, feeling a boost of confidence.

He nodded in the affirmative. "Of course, Sophie, I notice your beauty every single day. You are an absolute treat to look at and be around. You are beyond words, I am humbled at the chance to gaze upon you." He grabbed at her hips and dug his fingers in deep as he breathed heavily and looked her up and down. She felt a little like prey from his actions, but that was kind of an exciting thought. His words made her feel like she was a princess though, so it was an odd combination of feelings for her.

She bit her lip and looked him in the eyes longingly. He smiled and pinned her to the couch, now on top of her. She let out a little cry as she went from sitting up to lying down suddenly. His weight pushed down on her, keeping her in place. He gently brushed his hands against her cheeks before running them through her hair and holding her head in place while he delivered soft kisses to her exposed neck. She closed her eyes and hummed gently as he picked up in intensity. He started to lick, suck, and nibble at her neck up and down, going down to where her blouse started covering her shoulders.

12