Mr. Peter Chapman Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I reply, "Honestly, I have no idea. I know there is a line of women wanting to help him."

Winnie finally laughs, "That man has never had trouble finding a woman. He hates aggressive women. He can't be influenced. He will pick who he likes, and it will take a while. Don't push him. We didn't follow our own knowledge and now know we've lost our son."

She takes a deep breath, "You need to get him in the OR again. He truly is a gifted surgeon. People will come from around the country once he finishes his residency. Every hospital wanted him. You have no clue the gold mine he is for that community. What's he doing?"

This will amuse her, "He started in billing."

She finishes my sentence, "Best biller you had. As a doctor, he added his own CPT codes so the billers wouldn't bother him."

Wow.

I continued, "He took the nursing test, and now he's working as a nurse."

She starts laughing, "Have you ever seen a perfect score before his?"

I add, "They said it had never happened before. As you know, he wrote the test."

Winnie is surprised, "I didn't know that. I knew he was working on a training system. I just assumed he knew the material. I had no idea the state adopted his test. That's wonderful. He's always had a good rapport with patients; I imagine he's your best nurse. Oh, he will catch every mistake; the doctors will hate him."

I offer, "Today was only his second day as a nurse. His boss is partially how I got involved; she will protect him. He caught one mistake, and his trainer sent it through his boss. She will take the flack for him."

I hear Winnie crying again, "I'm glad he has people that care about him. He's fragile. Please keep him safe for me."

Beth and Pearl just walked in the door.

I tell Winnie, "My friends just showed up; I need to run. I will keep you up to date, and don't worry, there is no end of women here willing to protect him."

Winnie says, "Goodbye, Cara," and the line goes dead.

My friends can see I'm in a bad mood.

With them still standing, "Order a pizza; I'm in no mood to cook. Peter's parents had no idea his wife and their grandchild died the night of their argument. I had to tell them tonight. They already felt bad; I crushed them. They love him very much."

Beth is adamant, "OK, girls. We're going out for dinner, and then we're going out shopping. Let's get the manager to see inside Peter's apartment. I want to see what he needs. Then we're going to fill the place."

We get lucky. Karen, the manager, walks past us as we walk out our door.

I yell out, "Karen! Stop. We want to see the apartment for the new guy. We're going to help him out."

Today, Karen has an attitude: "The creep's getting the top floor, away from the women. He's not moving in for a while. He needs to paint first."

Beth asks, "What's wrong with the first-floor apartment?"

Karen smiles, "Nothing. It's move-in ready. I'm saving that for a nurse we want to keep around here."

I jump on that statement, "Karen, get your head out of your ass. Let me explain. We want him on the first floor. We want him to see us out by the pool. We want him massaging sunscreen oil into our hot bodies."

Beth adds, "By the way, he's the best nurse I've ever had. 100% on the test. Oh, he's handsome as well." Her eyes light up. "Good luck; there are about thirty women in line already."

Karen hands us the key, "Have fun. He better be good-looking."

We check out the apartment and start by opening some windows. It's a bit stuffy. Pretty much needs the standard, plates, silverware, cups, corkscrew, towels, sheets, cleaning supplies, laundry supplies, serving utensils, cooking utensils, knives, welcome mat, and comforter. Otherwise, the place is in good shape.

Beth yells out playfully, "Pearls, add soap, shampoo, shower curtain, shower curtain rings, and floor mats."

Pearl inquires, "Did you just call me Pearls. You know ..."

Beth cuts her off, "Peter called you Pearls." We all look at Beth. "He said he saw two of you, and they were awesome."

Beth and I fall to the floor laughing. Pearl knows her reputation. She can take a joke, but she hates being teased.

With an attitude, she says, "I'll have you know. He did check me out. I mean, how can any man help himself? Right? Otherwise, he looked into my eyes. It was impressive."

I add, "Well, I think our Peter did notice your pearls, and I don't think he was looking for wisdom."

Even Pearl had to laugh at that.

Chapter 7 -- Trouble

Peter's point of view (finally):

Four months later.

It's cold and windy outside. Our busy time of the year has passed by, and the hospital is only a third full. I get to spend more time with patients. Because I can't cook, I had all my meals in the cafeteria. Since moving into my apartment, the cafeteria has been off-limits for dinner. The other nurses have taken it upon themselves to invite themselves over for dinner. I buy the food, and they cook it and share the evening with me. Everyone seems happy. They even make out a list of things to buy.

We have all been called for an emergency meeting in Beth's office. Tala from HR and a woman, Jinny from OR scheduling, is there.

Beth starts, "We have a situation. Dr. Smith is on vacation this week and next. We have a Resident from Kansas City filling in. Jinny here says the surgical nurse that typically assists is home with flu-like symptoms. That puts her out for a week. We need someone to assist the surgeon."

She's asking the group, but she's staring at me. I don't want those memories again. Please, anyone.

Beth asks, "Does anyone have any experience in the ER?"

Gail replies, "I assisted one operation, but that was long ago. No way I remember the instrument names, let alone the numbers." Two others have similar experiences.

Jinny adds, "The doctor is young. He seems nervous. I would rather have some experience. This is an emergency; I can't delay it. I need one of you NOW."

Beth is on the verge of tears, "Peter. I hate to ask you. I really do, but a life is at stake. Would you please? For me?"

I should have stayed a biller.

Gail has no clue, so she says, "Hey. If you have experience, you need to get going; her life is draining away the longer you pause."

Beth almost tore her head off, "I need a VOLUNTEER. I won't force anyone. I need one of you to volunteer, or I'll be forced to go." She looks at me, "I can't lend a helping hand if he's incompetent."

With too much anger in my voice, I take Jinny's hand, "Show me the way."

Everyone is surprised by my anger and emotions. Jinny drags me away quickly. I change into surgery scrubs and do the clean-up as if I was doing the operation. I don't know how to prepare as a nurse. That almost makes me smile.

Paul looks at me; he is nervous, "So, you got stuck assisting me, huh. Do you even know the instruments?"

Swell, Paul has the typical arrogant attitude down already.

I set him at ease, "I've been in an OR a time or two. What are we doing?"

Paul seems more confident now, "According to the consult I did with KU, this is a simple stint."

Yeah right. 30% of the time, it's a whole lot more.

I ask, "How many pints of blood do we have?"

Paul smugly says, "The book says we only need two on hand."

I know someone is monitoring the room; I call out, "We need four more units of blood, just in case."

I explain, "It never hurts to be prepared for the worst."

We start the operation, and it's obvious he's done a few, but he's slow and over-cautious. I'm ok with that. The opposite is terrible. In my head, I'm amused with this joker. He asks for a specific size instrument. When he's wrong, I hand him the correct one. He never said a thing which means he doesn't know the difference. Jinny and I are going to have a conversation.

As luck would have it, we did have complications. Their vein leaked when the stint was installed. We had to replace the vein with one from the leg. Paul didn't have enough experience. I had to guide him through the procedures. That was awkward, yet he never said anything. We were efficient, and he was OK with me assisting him.

Because it's draining to operate, it's not uncommon for the nurse to close after verifying all cotton and surgical instruments are accounted for, which he did. He did fine. I close up for him, and the anesthesia is removed. I clean up while Paul talks with the family. I'm emotional from all the memories that came back. I'm ready to break to pieces when Paul angrily grabs my arm. He's furious at me.

Paul roars, "What the fuck was that in there? Who the fuck are you? Was this a test? They said I improved enough that I was off probation." His hold was starting to hurt me.

My fury rages. I push him hard enough that he lets go and slams into the shelving of supplies. That made a loud noise.

I scream at the man, "I'm a fucking nurse that didn't want any part of today. I volunteered because a woman's life was in danger, and they thought YOU lacked confidence. The normal OR nurse was out sick with the flu. It was damn good I was there, or that woman is dead right now. You don't belong here; you don't have enough experience. Was that your first solo operation?"

Sheepishly Paul says, "Nobody else would come out here. This was too far out of the way. Not enough women or things to do. It was my first; from what I saw today I'm not ready. You're a surgeon, aren't you? No nurse has your knowledge of cardiology."

I've calmed down, "My father is a surgeon. It's past my shift; I'm tired and going home. You do not operate without my help. You understand me?"

I demoralized Paul sadly says, "Yes." I left.

+++++

An hour later, Cara broke into my apartment and found me sitting on the floor in the dining room corner of a dark house. Too many memories came back today. My eyes are puffy, and tears are dripping down my cheeks.

She has my favorite, large triple sausage with double sauce pizza and a six-pack of beer.

She looks at me with sad eyes, "Yeah, I was afraid I would find you like this. I don't like that they pushed you, but I understand why. That woman is alive because of you."

I correct her, "She is. That was his first solo surgery. He asked for the wrong instrument and never corrected me when I gave him the correct one. We had issues with the arteries, and he was clueless. I had to tell him how to finish the surgery. It brought back so many painful memories. I thought I was past this."

She kneels on the floor in front of me and holds my hand, "Peter, listen to me. You never get rid of trauma. You only learn how to deal with it better. You held it together enough to assist the surgery. I'm very proud of you. Not everyone does, or could do what you did today. You knew her life had better odds with you helping and didn't run away. That takes guts."

She smiles at me, "How about we turn on some lights and eat your pizza and beer before the pizza gets cold? Can you do that?"

Peter complains, "Oh God, you sound like my mother."

He gets up, hugs me, turns on the lights, and then sits down to eat pizza.

I'm going to try something. I want him to talk about today, but not directly. I want him to deal with it rationally, with me here.

I ask Peter, "So. What was it like being in the OR again? It's been a while, no?"

Peter takes it well, "It was creepy." OH CRAP! "There wasn't any music." Woah. Crisis averted. "In Kansas City, we played classical music. It's not my favorite, but it's relaxing. It was very unsettling with it being so quiet. I was an emotional mess, but Paul was even worse, so I felt better. He really isn't ready. They need to replace him. We're better off with me in there."

I humor him, "Oh, shit, he was that bad?"

He smiles at me. Perfect. Keep it up, Peter.

Peter continues, "Paul said that nobody else wanted to come this far west. Of course, I'm thinking GREAT!" Why would he say that? "It means more women for me." No shit, he does like women. Awesome! "I mean, look around the hospital. There are a lot of good-looking women around here."

I laugh at him, "Yeah. I heard you enjoyed Pearls."

He blushes, "Yeah, that got around fast. I've heard her name before. Now everyone's calling her Pearls. She going to skin me alive next time I go over there."

I educate him, "Oh, don't go getting your panties in a wad. Pearl is delighted with her 'Pearls.' She secretly loves the name. You won't see her complaining any time soon. Besides, people are talking about her, and she likes that. Plus, she wants you a lot."

I see several of the girls outside by the pool.

After eating, I order Peter, "I want you to go put on some swim trunks and bring your oil. I'm going to put my bikini on, swim some laps, and get some sun. I think it's time you meet the neighbors."

Peter asks curiously, "What makes you think I don't know them already?"

I give him a cross look, "Because they're all asking me about you."

Peter smiles, "I may not have a suit."

I give him a broad grin, "You're allowed to swim naked. I guarantee you; NOBODY will complain."

He laughs back at me, "No, I expect not."

I stand up, "I'll meet you outside in a few minutes."

Twenty minutes later, I'm walking to the pool. Peter is swimming laps, and a dozen women are watching him. I stand behind the group to hear what they're saying.

A lady says, "How does a man get in here? This sucks; I'm going to complain."

Another lady says, "Good luck with that. Beth hired him, and he works her shifts. I worked a shift with him, and he's awesome. I wish we had a dozen just like him."

Another lady says, "I hear he worked in the ER today and schooled a surgeon."

Pearl adds, "Say what you want. He's the nicest, most gentle man I've ever met. He can tell you my eye color. Can any of you answer that? His wife and child died. You push him, and you'll deal with Beth AND with me."

Kate says, "I met him first in the ER. He looked so sad and broken. I think he came to the ER rather than the front door because of his experience. Every moment with him, I was thinking ER doc. He got a billing job. I fear anyone who messes with him will have more than Pearl and Beth to worry about. A whole host of women would like to help him get better. Put me in the front of that line."

In a flash, Kate runs to the pool. Peter is swimming towards us. She jumps in the air and crashes with a cannonball in the water, inches from his hip.

In a huff, Peter stands up, towers over Kate, and looks like he's ready to slug her. However, he's diverting her attention. His legs are arcing towards her. In a flash, she's knocked off her feet and falls into the water. All the girls are laughing. Kate's mad and chases Peter. He's far too swift in the water, so he avoids her.

Half the girls here are her friend. The other half wants Peter. They all jump in and chase him, dunk him, chase, dunk, chase, dunk, and they're all having fun. I've never seen Peter so playful and outgoing before. I watch everyone play, splash, and have fun as I walk to his towel and sunscreen.

I never saw Pearl coming. I'm completely blindsided as she pushes me into the pool. I didn't intend to get wet. I am seething at her when Peter picks me up, hugs me, and then kisses me on the lips. Time stopped. Twenty lightning bolts zapped my pussy and woke it from hibernation. I almost had an orgasm. How does he make me react like this?

We had a good thirty minutes of frolicking in the pool before Peter ran out of energy. I take his hand to a series of groans and drag him out of the pool. I have him sit in the middle of a lounger while I hand him the sunscreen and sit in front of him.

Peter proceeds to rub the oil into my back and arms. I stand up so he can get my ass. I moan as he manipulates my body. I sit down, facing him this time, and he gets my legs, arms, face, and neck, then goes for the cleavage and just under the edges of the bikini. I am breathing hard by the time he finishes. Then look to see a line has formed, for the other ladies waiting to get their turn.

All he does the rest of the evening is lather up young women, front and back. With all the heavy breathing and moaning, if you couldn't see us, you would have thought this was an orgy. Everyone is a fan of Peter now.

+++++

Beth's point of view:

The following morning, after I finish our transfer of patients, Tala is in my office. Well, this is interesting. I close my door; there is a problem with one of my people; otherwise, she wouldn't be here.

Tala starts off, "We have a big problem. Paul, our Kansas City surgeon, turns out he is the punchline."

I look at her bewildered.

She rolls her eyes, "What do you call the person that graduates last in their medical class?" She pauses. "Doctor. First or last, it's the same title. They were all too willing to get rid of him and would rather not have him come back."

My comments, "Yikes. He's here for more than a week still."

Tala is excited that I have caught on, "Exactly. Their exact words were, 'Did the patient die, or do you have a second surgeon there?' I told them that all we have is a nurse by the name of Peter Chapman. It was quiet for a while, then I heard an excited, 'No shit. Is he ok? He ran off when his wife died. He took his wife's maiden name. Oh hell, he's hiding from the world. You might have the country's best surgeon working as a nurse there, and you want me to send another surgeon? No way."

The man continues, " I don't know how you deal with losing your family. I guess he's not doing well. He's a great person. Help him, please. What can I do to help?" I tell him, "Peter can't and won't do surgeries anymore. He's only licensed as a nurse. He could be barred from practicing medicine if he got caught."

She has tears in her eyes, "The man then tells me, 'He's a good man. Technically he's on family leave. How about I end that and assign him to you with full insurance and his full certifications that qualify him to perform surgery again?' Honestly I'm crying on the phone. The man laughs, "You've spent time around him. I can hear it. Get him operating again. It's good for him and your hospital. He has an experimental heart procedure. I would be glad to send you patients that need it. Once he's done enough, he can publish his findings and that will help all heart patients. It's that big of a deal.'

"I mean, what the hell do you say to that? The man just made him a doctor, and he will send US patients. We don't even know if he will do the surgeries. I can't force him."

I get on my phone, "Hi Cara. I NEED you now. Can you spare me some time? It's important."

I hang up my phone, "She's on her way done. Open the door, so she comes in. She's been helping him and will know how to move forward."

Tala asks, "Should we be doing this? I mean, he seems happy now. Do we have the right to push him?"

I look at Tala with a firm determination, "Nobody will force that man to do anything. I want to present him with options and opportunities. Cara will know how to work with him."

Cara walks in, closes the door, and looks worried.

I set her at ease and explained what I had just learned.

Cara made a snap decision, "Get Peter in here. This involves him, and I want him to make his own decisions."

I send Peter a private message, "As soon as you can, I have people in my office and need you."

I explain, "If he's with a patient, it might be a while."

Almost immediately, Peter walks in, "Oh wow. Whose birthday is it?" His smile is gone when he sees our faces.

Cara takes over, "We tried to trade surgeons. It seems they'd rather leave him out here to wither on the vine. In a subtle way, they asked how many patients he has killed so far. To make a long story short, we're stuck with Paul. Our contact knew enough about you to know you're using your wife's maiden name. As far as the University is concerned, you are off medical leave; you've been restored to the rank of a Resident doctor and have been assigned to work for us."