Mr. Peter Chapman Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Peter looks like he wants to run out the door.

Cara holds his hand, "Peter, we're not going to force you to make any changes." He breathes a sigh of relief. "You were hired as a nurse, and you've been working as a nurse. We need nurses more than doctors. I am letting you know that you now have full doctor privileges in Epic. You can prescribe and adjust medicines. I would rather you not do that unless it's an emergency.

"We do have a major issue in the OR. If nothing else, we still need you to assist. We can't trust Paul. I'm also going to tell you that if anything comes in that's over his head, I prefer you take over and show him how to do it correctly. Think of it as a teaching opportunity. You might be able to save his career. If we get lucky, he sits on his ass."

Tala asks, "You want him to work a twelve-hour shift. He goes home, gets an hour's sleep, and then he might get called in and then operate for eight hours. That's not fair. I don't care how talented he is; that's too much for any human."

Beth is nodding her head in agreement, "Peter, until Dr. Smith comes back, you will take a four-hour nap in the middle of your shift. I will take care of any ruffled feathers. We have a huge problem, and we need you. Can you handle this? I know what I'm asking, and it pains me to ask you. It's not fair to you, but we are in a bind."

Peter has sad-looking eyes, "Two days ago, I would have said no chance in hell. I watched Paul, and it was painful. You have friends and family in the area. Imagine how I would feel if one of them came in here and died due to me not helping? No, I don't like it. I don't want to do this. Until you can con someone else into coming out, I will assist Paul. I won't let him kill anyone."

Every one of us was sitting on the edge of our chairs. We all sit back and let out a deep breath. As Peter stands up, Cara hugs him.

Peter looks at his watch, "Swell, I'm in my mid-twenties, and mom just sent me to bed. I'll take an empty bed, have them leave me alone unless you need me."

To be continued...