All Comments on 'MUCH ADO IN 2022'

by QuantumMechanic1957

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
ag2507ag2507over 1 year ago

Rare to see a story that doesn't actually need an ending. "Always leave them wanting g more..." except I realised I'd written the more in my head sfter clicking the pretty stars and having them save.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story.

While it's possible that the bust in the library could be Dale Carnegie (and how that came to be might be an interesting story), it's more likely that it is Andrew Carnegie.

ender2k2kender2k2kover 1 year ago

That was great. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your request sounds like it may be from one of the stories by either Barry James1952 or Weiszlicka (spelling?). Those are the only 2 writers that I have read who give cheaters a second chance. I tried looking up Weizlicka in the search engine, but the search engine on Lit says "contains..." but I've never gotten it to give me anything if I did not have the entire name spelled completely and correctly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A fine piece of writing, I would like to believe that such towns exit still ,but watch too much American news that is depressing.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Your story is so good that it makes me wish I lived there and knew the inhabitants!

Andrew Carnegie built over 1500 libraries in the USA, many of which still function as local libraries.

5

QuinceQuinceover 1 year ago

Lovely story. And I saw Jacobi in MUCH ADO and CYRANO when the RSC toured in 1984. Never has been a better Benedick.

Davester37Davester37over 1 year ago

This is a sweet story, and I enjoyed reading it very much. I do wonder what Judy’s boyfriend’s name is. I thought I saw Chris, Ted and then Jimmy. Perhaps it’s my mistake. No matter, as he was only a minor character, and a bit of a contrast to the others.

Once again, thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

Seeker81Seeker81over 1 year ago

Extremely enjoyable story! Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

‘The Prisoner’ was first shown on ITV in 1967. Not on the BBC!

BlueFox007BlueFox007over 1 year ago

Lovely story. And what a way to bring it to a close. Five stars. Thank you.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 1 year ago

Definitely a 5 star job. Referencing THE PRISONER [ the greatest TV show of all time] kicks this to a fave!

Be seeing you...

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Very well written tale!

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 1 year ago

So , I want to know more about this town. I’m sure there are more stories hiding tgere

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed that. Thank you. Nicely written with a very uplifting feel to it and, of course, a happy ending.

TheDokTheDokover 1 year ago

I found this gem by looking at the favourite authors of a reader who had favourited me. Great plot and well written,. Thank you for writing. I shall be reading more of your stories. PS I knew what the final line was and didn't have to cheat. 5 *

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Absolutely captivating. Thanks for the story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Your stories, as far as I have read them yet, have all the characteristics of the most romantic fairy tales I have come to love. They make an old man smile or shed tears, but always warm the heart. Thank you so much!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userQuantumMechanic1957@QuantumMechanic1957
Retiring soon (I hope) from a 40+ year engineering career. Happily married to my best friend, with children and grandchildren. Have been writing various novels and short stories for years, including some personalized ones for friends and family (Its a nice gift, your own story...