All Comments on 'Music Man Pt. 04'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43over 8 years ago

I just have to say this. Do you need to write such convoluted stories, where every step forward takes two back? This has the same female character as in the dreadful Roasburies, where there is never any trust and every reaction is wrong and impetuous. I simply cannot imagine life together for these two, it would be like walking through a minefield, with every step likely to blow up. Love is not enough to overcome that, it would be like a prison sentence doing hard time.

TerrytheTravelerTerrytheTravelerover 8 years ago
Me too

I'm having the same problem as the previous post. Every interaction between the two leading characters in Music Man and other stories is filled with anger and misunderstanding. Your formula needs to change to less anger and more compassion. Your heroes are too bull headed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love the story, but seems very formulalic

While i think this story is really awesome, it really hits my hopeless romantic nerve, I can't seem to draw similarities to your Sunday love songs series. Both have the same plot where two people who are destined to be together end up breaking up and then a LONG series of misunderstandings keep happening that keeps them apart. Hopefully you'll spice things up a bit for the next episode!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Accept what the other commenters have said, its true.

People reacting for the wrong reasons, or in some cases, for no reason. He forgets to get Cassie's phone number, and she forgets to give it to him, while together in California? He neglects calling her, or Cheryl, when he returns home? Cassie runs away from him at the restaurant? Ged sits and watches her walk out with Liam without presenting himself? Sorry, just too contrived and manipulated. Your weakest chapter so far.

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
Their behaviors sound like Freudian slips to me

Deep down, she still doesn't trust him not to choose other women over her and he doesn't believe that she's ever going to give him a fair hearing (her suspicions are pure paranoia and his are entirely justified), so every time they seem to be moving toward a reconciliation they find some way to shoot it in the foot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I tried

But 4 installments, with more to come, about people who refuse to learn from their mistakes gets too boring. Same thing back and forth over and over and over and over..... I've lost interest in the characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
All Zak's fault?

Everyone's saying it "all Zak's fault." Pleaassseee! Like Obama saying everything is Bush's fault. Started out as a pretty good story but is getting plain silly now.

avidfaavidfaabout 8 years ago
Awful

The entire story is built on an "I Love Lucy" misunderstanding plot from the early 50's.

Plus, she is just an insane, raving bitch. Why would any sane person, man or woman, want to be friends with her, let alone be intimate with her?

Can you imagine 40 years of nurturing that wounded, narcissistic, neurotic psyche? Run! Get out now while you still can! Perhaps the author can rewrite the later chapters and switch from Romance to Loving Wives and have him just get as far away from that psycho as the world allows.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
I forget

is this the 4th or 5th time she misinterpreted what he was doing, who he was with, and why? Then instead of talking to the other person they jump to unjustified conclusions? When they do finally get together instead of resolving the confusion they yell at each other because they are so perfect for each other and were meant to be together?

All surrounded by and mashed into a pulp by psychobabble.

As you had the characters so aptly put it, either get back together or end it!!! please.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Don't have any respect left for Ged...

So every woman in this story browbeats wimpy Ged into doing whatever they want him to do? Just call him stupid, dumbass, whatever epithet enters their little pea brains, screech at him for a while, and pansy Ged dutifully jumps to do their bidding. If I was him, I'd find a new place to live, new friends, and I'd slap the taste out of the mouth of the next bitch or bastard that called me stupid just because I refuse to worship at the feet of the cow who betrayed me. And YES, she betrayed him. She was flirting with Zak in the pub BEFORE she decided Ged Sugardumpling was cheating on her - that's how Zak was able to convince her - she was already remembering what it was like to have sex with him and she was looking for an excuse to spread her legs.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised; as far as I can tell by the stories I've read that were authored by Brits, none of the men over there have gonads any more. I swear I don't know how y'all made it through the Battle of Britain. Whatever happened to that British "stiff upper lip", huh? Ged Sugarbritches here, has been whining about this cow for so long it makes me sick. Go to the store Ged, and buy some balls and a life for God's sake! Candyass.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Cassie isn't worth the shit you wipe off your ass after eating a hot Pocket.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

although it started out well. The more it goes on the more it's like a very bad romance sitcom. Two people misinterpreting everything. Yawn. I guess anything to drag it out. Getting too predictable at every interaction and situation. Oh well......

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Music Man Pt. 03 Previous Part
Music Man Series Info