All Comments on 'Music Man Pt. 08'

by Alwaysraining

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
Sidney43Sidney43over 8 years ago

I wondered how you were going to salvage the situation. The story line lead readers to think that Cassie simply went off leaving Ged alone, but that was a misdirection and good old Mom was called in to save the day. I think you could have explored how much of his recovery was due to taking his pills and how much was his mother, but maybe that would have been redundant.

ag2507ag2507over 8 years ago
Merry Christmas. Lovely for the final part to appear on Christmas Day.

See above.

BigDchefBigDchefover 8 years ago
A great read

A great read with plenty of twists and turns really enjoy reading you work

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Very nice. Glad to hear they lived happily ever after.

The reason to not drop his case against Zak is because Zak will be back to finish the job, maybe against Ged, maybe against Cassie, or maybe against their children. And after 8 to 12 years in crime university, Zak will be much better educated how to inflict revenge and misery with much less chance of getting caught. Animals like Zak don't stop until they stop breathing. Ged needs to help make that happen, while Zak is in prison.

Thanks for your time and effort.

sdc97230sdc97230over 8 years ago
Continuing to sue Zak really would have no useful purpose

Better to devote the cost to making sure Zak comes rolling out of prison in a wheelchair at the end of his sentence.

TrtrolesTrtrolesover 8 years ago
Not sure

Not sure about Cassie. In all chapters I never liked her,but hey it is a story.

Gave you 5 stars too

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great writer but...

Liked the story, and you're a great writer, but I've just finished reading all your work. All of the stories have had the same plot. There is a guy, he falls for a girl, who falls for him too. They're both emotionally damaged. Someone else gets hurt or upset about the two main character's relationship. That person is insane and wants revenge, they get it by trying to break up the couple. The girl in the story gets manipulated, overreacts, and cuts off the guy. The guy gets hurt and then mad. The girl eventually figures out she's been had. They act like children and drag out what could be a simple conversation into multiple weeks and chapters. Eventually they get back together. One last thing happens to try to break them up but ends up driving them closer together, they live happily ever after. Not trying to bash you, but it sucks knowing where the story is going after the first chapter. Would love to see you do something different!

xtchrxtchrover 7 years ago
I Agree!

I agree with Anonymous 02/03/16. You are one hell of a writer, but this is the second long story of yours that I don't understand how the 2 protagonists could even think about remaining together. I don't see how any guy would want to remain with Cassie after what she put him through. That fact alone, for me, made the tale highly unrealistic. I understand love and angst but I also think there is a time to move on. Thank you for a well written story

ParttimereaderParttimereaderover 7 years ago
Everyone complains

About the length but it is in novels and novellas section so expect some length.

Lack of communication did get a bit frustrating along with misnames - Brendan, Bob and Clare.

No comment on Cassies poems being published or the success of the songs he wrote based on her poems. Would have been good to see her income from that added to the mix.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Keep writing...

The length of your stories is a positive, not a negative. For those who have problems keeping their minds focused for the time it takes to read, perhaps they should discover "bookmarks". Wonderful invention, that. I've read many lengthy books that were so engaging I hated for them to end. Please feel free to write as many pages as are needed to tell your stories, the internet has trillions of free pictures available for those who become frustrated having to use their brains for entertainment.

Thanks for your stories, you're an excellent writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Yes please continue writing long stories.

Wonderful tale. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Adults or 13 year-olds?

After all the blah, blah, blah, childish back and forth I wanted to kick both of then in the nads. Totally unsympathetic characters by the end your teenage-like farce.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Enough All Ready!

I've read a few of your stories and they ALL have the same theme. Break up to make up, and repeat it again, and again, and again..boring

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Now doctors know how to cure depression...

Whoa, Mum knows how to cure clinical depression! Get off your lazy ass and go wash the dishes! Change your bed linens, you nasty little boy! And when the woman who loves you so much that she abandoned you - again - when the going got tough, when she gets here, you will get on your knees and beg her forgiveness for daring to become depressed over something stupid like the loss of your ability to play music.

Now Ged knows he has a future in the housekeeping services; maybe as a bellhop carrying other people's luggage or even washing dishes in a commercial kitchen. Whatever he decides to do, at least he was able to demonstrate to Cassie that it's safe for her to come back and watch him grovel at her feet. Gosh, she was so heroic, a genuine HERO, to take care of him for weeks before telling him to go screw himself. She can't spend all her time with him, she has fun things to do, like go and sponge off her mum and dad while whining about how hard she has it. She can't be bothered with taking care of the man she supposedly loves, especially when it's so DEPRESSING.

Yes, everything above was written sarcastically. Clinical depression is a bit more serious than what the author chose to indicate. And Cassie is a worthless human being.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So Ged ended up with the whore Cassie and her little bastard.....fucked up man

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

GED THE CUCKOLD

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

THE STUPID CUCK GED MARRIED CUNT CASSIE.....TOTALLY FUCKED UP.....WHITE TRAILER PARK TRASH

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nope, just nope. She may deserve a happy ending but not with Ged. Not after all the shit that she and Zak inflicted on him. She destroyed their relationship simply by not trusting Ged, she proved herself not worth the effort.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlwaysraining@Alwaysraining
I live the the North West of England, where we get more than our share of rain, hence my pen-name. Before I retired, more years ago than I care to think about, I had a job which exercised my mind to the full. I never had time to write anything but text books and manuals. Si...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Music Man Series Info