My Dearest Son

Story Info
An arranged marriage between two college kids turns sultry.
6.4k words
4.04
9.8k
13
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I hope this letter finds you well as I've tried my best to contact you via other means. But alas it seems your studies must be keeping you busy. The very same studies that I will not keep you from as I'll keep this letter short and to the point. It has since come to my attention that a member of the Swan family attends the same school as you and I've had such the pleasure of meeting with them within the past few days. It is with that meeting that we've decided to mount a merger between my company and theirs and in exchange I would ensure that you would take Lena as your spouse...

That was as far as Ethan could stand to read. Yet again his father overstepped his bounds in his own company's pursuits. Using his own family as pawns in a larger game to monopolize his industry. If it wasn't already obvious enough with Ethan's prior refusals from the other bachelorettes of Ethan's school, he wasn't looking for anyone to court. As far as Ethan was concerned, his own dormmates kept his social life busy enough and the fleeting hours between sleep were taken up by classes and studies. Throwing in an arranged marriage into the mix and Ethan may as well-set fire to his bed for as much sleep as he was going to get.

Ethan tried to imagine what he might look like with the lack of sleep he'd get. His already untamable mane of curly blond hair would fray into an even bigger mess. His fare complexion would no doubt turn a ghastly white which would only make the dark circles appear even darker. Not to mention his normally amber hued eyes would no doubt darken to a near black as it looked like death threatened to overtake him.

Checking his day planner, Ethan scanned his eyes along each page and looked for any amount of space between studies and class that he might have. Ethan was already bracing himself for any sort of publicity stunts he'd no doubt endure with his new found wife to be. Ethan wondered what kind of woman this Lena Swan would be anyway. Some heiress air head no doubt and probably one that was just as interested in this meeting as he was. That may very well be the only thing the two of them had in common.

Pushing himself from his desk, Ethan thought to himself that he needed to calm down. He was gripping his planner tight enough that he threatened to shred the thing beneath his grip. Not to mention he had to think of this from Lena's experience as well. She was no doubt dragged into this by her family as well with little consent from her end. Even if they needed to stay together for the sake of their families, there was every chance that they could work things out amicably. Ethan decided that the best-case scenario she could hope for is that she could be Lena's wife in name alone. They could just as well leave one another alone when the prying eyes of the paparazzi were away or even just smile a few times at dinner parties before vanishing off to god knows where. Additionally, Ethan told himself that he was angry at his father and that's not something Lena deserved. Especially since he had hardly a face to put to the name.

Reading through the letter his father sent, Ethan noted that he'd already set up a date for the two of them this weekend. So much for alphabetizing his notes for the test on Monday. Even entertaining the thought of shirking off the date for anything else wasn't much of an option. Sure, Ethan could just as well lie and say he never got the letter but then again it was hard to avoid a chauffeur waiting for him outside the dorms. Ethan's father wasn't a gambling man but when he needed to take risks, he made sure to bribe the dealer.

Leaning back in his chair and staring at the ceiling, Ethan wanted nothing more than to do something, anything to take his mind off the task. At the same time though, it would only mount a two-pronged distraction. Whatever task he tended to in order to take his mind off the blind date with his wife to be would only keep reminding him of the inevitable. Conversely, Ethen's already frayed nerves and roiling frustration forced him to do something. Anything at all to just keep himself busy and use this energy for something more productive than sitting here pouting.

With a knock at the door, Ethan leaped from her chair with a start but found himself welcoming the distraction. Hell, even if his dormmate were to ask him out on a date here and now Ethan couldn't say yes fast enough. Perhaps that'd scare off Lena.

When he opened the door however, Ethan felt a smile curl at his lips as his eyes brightened at the sight of an old portly friend. A rotund man in freshly pressed slacks and a dapper waist coat stood with his hands crossed behind his back with a warm smile to regard the Merit Heir himself. The rotund man's soft brown eyes shining with delight while his set brow already offered an apology as to why he'd arrived here of all places.

Ethan wanted nothing more than to leap forward to embrace Adrian regardless of the reason he knew he was here for but inevitably decided against it. Adrian was less of a butler and more of a dear family friend and closer to an uncle to Ethan than that. Being there for most of Ethan's life, there were a scant few moments that Adrian wasn't by Ethan's side.

Clearing his throat, Ethan straightened himself and folded his hands behind his back and raised his chin enough that he regarded Adrian beyond the ridge of his nose.

"To what do I owe this visit?" Ethan said, keeping his voice lilting with an air of regality and haughtiness expected of an heir such as himself.

"Bugger off with that then, you see anyone else 'round here that's gonna make fuss?" Adrian said with a raspy voice that matched his body language. Upon hearing Ethan giggle and his regal body language fall away with a charmed smile, Adrian released his own rough edges before closing the gap to embrace the young man before him. Ethan all to happy to sink into Adrian's arms as a little bit of home came back to him. "It is so good to see you my dear boy."

"I'm glad to see you as well, Adrian, I've missed you so much." Ethan said as he placed his hands at Adrian's shoulders and gripped them as tight. It was only a moment before he stripped away the last of his regal instincts as she closed the gap between her and the servant to embrace him with a hug once again.

"There's my boy, wonderin how long I'd take you to come on outta that shell a yours." Adrian said with his rasp as he held her tight and pat his back. As Ethan pulled away, Adrian regarded Ethan with a soft gaze as he knotted his fingers in each hand. "Though I do terribly wish I were here under better circumstances my dear lad but as I'm sure you're no doubt aware..." Adrian said, his voice timid and shaken with his shoulders bunching high and his head bowing low like he was some sort of frightened animal.

Ethan paused for a moment and tried to recall the letter before producing his phone and seeing the date. With everything keeping him as busy as it was, the days slipped past faster than he might like them to go and realized that his date with his wife to be was in fact going to be today.

Blowing a stream of air between his lips, Ethan shook his head and palmed across his forehead. He was still in his school uniform and hardly ready to go anywhere or meet anyone looking the way he did.

"How long do I have?" Ethan asked.

"Not long at all lad," Adrian said with the same timid voice. With that, he reached down and hefted a suitcase up and smiled behind his bushy mustache. "But that's nothing we haven't handled before, right? I'd say after the incident with that Russian boar we could just as well make that sniveling little twit of a brother of yours look like you!" As Adrian said this Ethan giggled at the memory of the boar incident.

If he was asked about it, Ethan claimed she had no idea how a wild animal of all things got into the kitchen. Or what happened to that boar after it mysteriously vanished after ransacking the kitchen. Or why Ethan was covered in tomato sauce staining his designer suit that was still on fire at the time. Everyone still wondered to this day just who it was and as it turns out two can keep a secret if they're both in on it.

On the contrary, Ethan figured if he and Adrian could somehow manage to make a disaster into a designer trend, then a last-minute short notice would be a cake walk for the two of them. It was with that, the two set out to get Ethan ready for his date.

A quick shower with an even faster shave along with an outfit picked out that gave off the right impression. Something classy but not fancy, something comfy without looking too relaxed. Something that would make Ethan look alluring but not demand attention.

In the end he decided on a red long sleeve sweater with a powder blue button down underneath and a navy blue khaki pants. Finally with a little bit of pomade to tame the lion's mane of hair and perhaps a little bit of foundation to cover any dark circles forming under his eyes, Ethan looked sharp as ever.

When he regarded himself in the mirror, Ethan remarked at how the sweater accentuated his shoulders while holding tight to his biceps. The shirt hugging around his waist to give him the subtlest V shape to his body that tapered well down into his khakis. Classy, comfy, and subtle enough that he wouldn't stand out in a crowd. Even Ethan had to admit he was looking pretty good today.

"Shall we depart lad?" Adrian offered as he folded his hands behind his back.

"We shall." Ethan said as he walked with Adrian through the dorms and off to the car. The quick makeover was more than enough to lift his spirits as well with the way she caught a few stray glances as well as a number of compliments. Each one bringing a certain spring to his step as he situated herself inside of the back of the car and buckling himself in as Adrian started off towards the city. It was so simple but just getting out of his college uniform and back into a set of clothes he could enjoy wearing already had his mind in a better place.

As they drove along, Ethan took a moment to think to himself that perhaps things wouldn't be so bad. That perhaps getting out of the school for something that wasn't a business meeting with her family or some kind of bender with the boys would be good for him. Sure, it was an arranged marriage, but... no, no there wasn't any real silver lining to that part but he could still try and stay positive about things none the less.

Upon pulling up to the café, Adrian informed Ethan that this is the place he would be meeting with his date and that they already knew he was coming. Ethan thanked Adrian for all his help and told him that if he needed an easy out that he was more than welcome to find a little bit of trouble to get into. With that, Adrian laughed as he rolled his eyes before he drove off down the street. Ethan waving him off as she found somewhere out in the open to welcome his date.

Scanning his eyes across the people sitting among the crowds, Ethan began to wonder just what Lena might look like. He caught the glimpse of a salacious young girl in a pair of distressed jeans wearing a band tee shirt that looked to be a size too big for her. It wasn't uncommon for the children of high-class families to dress down out in public but this style wasn't one that was intentional. The worn-down working boots as well as the grease staining her fingers gave that much away as she passed him off with a smile.

When another car pulled up and a bleach blond woman with tanned leathery skin wearing an animal print jacket strolled out, Ethan's heart sank while his stomach lurched as she appeared to be walking towards his table. When she inevitably walked past him however, Ethan berated himself for the no doubt shocked look he regarded the stranger with.

"E-excuse me..."

Ethan placed his head in his hand and began to count the cars passing in the street. Perhaps she wasn't here.

"Uhh... would you just so happen to be Mr. Merit?"

The thought of being stood up by his own wife to be made Ethan scoff if only because maybe she wanted to be here as much as Ethan did.

"My name is Lena, I'm here on behalf of Lupin Merit... your, um, your father?"

Ethan paused at the mention of his father's name as he turned to see the young woman standing before him. She stood just shy of Ethan's height and regarded Ethan with timid hazel eyes that darted around at the simplest change in the area around her. The girl's hands, while hidden behind her, betrayed nervous and shy movements as she cast her gaze towards the table. Her long brown hair fell around her shoulders while her clothes synched around her body. A narrow waist tied tight with a dress laced up along the back. The shoulders of which were left exposed while the sleeves hung long across her wrists. The hem of the dress hung short along her bare legs that swelled into modest hips while her exposed collar bones sloped down into her humble cleavage.

Ethan thought that perhaps this wasn't going to be as much of a waste of time as he initially thought. At least he did till he shook the thought away by reminding himself that this was still just a ploy by his father.

Crossing his arms over his chest Ethan nodded to the seat across from him as he rested his leg across his knee. He wanted to growl, she wanted to scream. What the hell was her father thinking with this? Was it too much work to attach a picture because obviously Lena knew who she was looking for here? Then again...

Ethan felt his shoulders drop as he realized that his father never really told him much about this Lena Swan girl. Perhaps he was being too brash already, making snap judgments when Lena deserved a chance to talk at least.

Ethan stood to regard Lena who stood with her hands gripping the length of her dress with her shoulders bunching halfway to her ears. No doubt picking up on the frustration in Ethan's body language. At the same time, Ethan saw something else in Lena as well.

Fight, flight, fawn, freeze. The four typology of trauma and something Ethan was too familiar with and now it was staring at him with big beautiful hazel eyes.

"I'm Ethan," Ethan said and swallowed back the dryness in her throat. "Ethan Merit, it's nice to meet you. Would you like to take a seat?"

"Lena Swan, the pleasure is all mine." Lena said as she brushed a lock of hair over her ear and smiled at Ethan's offer and looked to relax as Ethan pulled her chair out for her before taking his own.

"I suppose were supposed to get to know each other aren't we?" Ethan began as intrusive thoughts began to creep into his mind as he took the time to finally take in Lena's features. The way her perfect peach lips curled into a smile and the way her eyes lit up when she did. Ethan felt his heart beat faster in her chest as she found himself leaning forward onto the table and brushing a lock of his own hair over his ear.

"I understand if you're not happy with this arraignment Mr. Merit, so if you'd like I can just as well tell my father and yours that we both had a wonderful time and-"

"Actually," Ethan interjected and felt his heart leap at the way Lena squeaked in surprise. "I thought I recognized you from school."

"Of course, I don't think we have class together but I know you are part of the lacrosse team." Lena asked as she pulled her hands up onto the table, unfurling them from the tight grip she had before as she began to brighten up while her shoulders began to ease themselves.

"I am, so that means you're a bit of a sports fan yourself then?" Ethan asked, cocking her head to the side as she regarded the figure on the woman before him.

"I know I don't look the part, but I'm actually part of the fencing team so I'll be able to fend off your deviant advances with peerless grace." Lena said with a smile and a wink that caused Ethan's fair skin to flush red as his heart skipped another beat.

"Tell me more about that, it's something I've never thought of before." Ethan said as he supported his head in her hand. A trammeled smirk curling across his lips as his half-lidded eyes regarded the blush dusting Lena's cheeks.

Lena started into what her all entailed going into a fencing as a sport while Ethan hung from her every word. Nodding his head when he needed to and paying attention to every facet and detail while adding a bit of his own thoughts to keep the conversation going. It was just about all Ethan could do to keep from losing his train of thought in Lena's eyes. Those bright hazel eyes that held a dull light to them. Like something that once shined bright but over the years something or someone slowly wore it away. It was only when Lena spoke so freely that Ethan noticed that dull sheen fade in favor of a bright shine. That very same shine, Ethan realized, was also the street lamps that flicked on as the sun began to set past the horizon.

"I suppose we should probably head back then." Lena said when Ethan broke line of sight with her to see that the café cleared out for the most part while the nip in the night air suggested they find somewhere warmer.

"I suppose we should, but what do you say we take our time heading back?" Ethan asked as he stood and offered a hand out to Lena before looking across the street and smiling at Adrian waiting for him in the car. Without another word needed, Adrian nodded and made his exit.

Lena meanwhile, tentatively placed her dainty fingers in Ethan's hands and stood with him and wrapped her arm around Ethan. The closeness of Lena's body was something Ethan could appreciate considering the two of them were only dressed for a day out. The night, while not overly freezing, still held an edge in the air that pulled at Ethan's skin till goose bumps rose across his body. Or perhaps that was the feel of Lena's chest press against his shoulder as she pulled herself closer upon the wind picking.

With his breath falling short in his chest and a blush burning at her cheeks again, Ethan realized that it wasn't the wind after all. Rather it was the encroaching thoughts of his mind as he looked down at Lena and wanted nothing more than to pin pull her up against the wall and run a finger up her chin. Graze a finger across her lips and see just how soft they felt against his.

Keeping her eyes forward, Ethan focused on anything but the feel of Lena's chest pressed up against her shoulder. Or the way the hem of her dress flew up in the breeze to reveal her perfect tear drop shaped thighs. Or the way the chill in the air pulled Lena's nipples taught and pressed against the front of her dress. The thought of her wearing no bra at all caused Ethan to mewl pathetically while the thought of wondering if she was wearing anything beneath that dress came into her mind like a crack of lighting. Sudden in its flash but not what he was worried about as he pulled himself closer to Lena.

Turning to look Lena in the eyes, Ethan flinched back only slightly upon seeing those same hazel eyes regarding her with curiosity and a bit of wonder. The question was already there. Ethan turned to face Lena fully as she felt Lena's arm fall away and instinctually land at Ethan's waist. The unasked question burning behind Lena's eyes as Ethan cupped her face in her hands and let his eyes flutter shut. Leaning in close, Ethan answered Lena's question with palpable actions as she felt the other's lips lean up to meet hers. The softness and tenderness of the embrace only deepened as Lena wrapped her arms around the back of Ethan's neck and Ethan wrapped his around Lena's waist. Each pulling the other closer as they locked lips for a moment that felt like an eternity but passed in in instant.

When the two parted, each one leaning on the other's forehead, they could scarcely think of a reason as to why they'd part any further.

"It's late," Ethan cooed.

"Uh huh..." Lena nodded without breaking eye contact with Ethan.

12