All Comments on 'My Dream Girl'

by SecretDissociativeMan

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very real, very emotive, and cathartic to read, Thank you.:)

dwoelfledwoelfleabout 2 years ago

Really well written. Tough topic that you handled quite nicely and respectfully. Thank you.

NorthernCardinalNorthernCardinalabout 2 years ago

Wow. Uh. As someone who struggles with some major mental health issues this was both hard hitting but also slightly reassuring. In a sad kind of way it shows that there is always hope out there

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 2 years ago

The first page was so hard to follow with the alternating points of view that I gave it up as a bad experience. It's not supposed to be a challenge to read a story. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You have chosen a very difficult and sensitive topic. But after a promising start you failed ... badly! People with ADHD an other mental issues need help or at least hope. You didn´t provide either.

The message in this story is: If you can`t make your dream real, it`s better to die dreaming, than fighting for a better life. So this is not only a sad story, but a dangerous one for people with mental disorders. My stepson suffers from ADHD and I pray, that he will never read this sad story, nor anyone other with similar problems! You should be aware, that this story could harm real people! Promoting suicide is an absolute no-go and Jack`s death was suicide by stopping his medication.

I can only appeal to your conscience: withdraw this submission immediately. Remove at least the parasite/hallucination part and make Beth a real person. There is left enough subject for dramatization until the happy end. I loved "my friend Katie" and know from this excellent work, that you can do a lot better than this terrifying version, which is not romantic at all, but erotic horror.

HellcathellcatHellcathellcatabout 2 years ago

Man, this is a porn site, not a depressing story site. Absolutely hated this story, especially with that bad ending, glorifying dying with a fake reality than living a real life.

Uncontrollable_expressionUncontrollable_expressionalmost 2 years ago

This is a bit more like erotic horror, a sort-of a Twilight Zone story. But I liked it. I think it made a point about how fantasies subsist us in a way that reality can't. Did Jack commit suicide by throwing away the pills, sort of. Did you make the point that loneliness is its own horrible painful death? In my opinion, yes. Ignore the people who tell you it's depressing. Life is f*cking depressing. Those who want "porn" can find it elsewhere. People who want to lecture the good fight of you should just try harder and write something with a "happy ending" don't understand there is catharsis in delving into the darkness. Writing about suicide isn't going to make people to do it; but ignoring the subject, preaching and shaming will.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSecretDissociativeMan@SecretDissociativeMan
Just a guy trying to figure some stuff out. I'm trying to use writing primarily as a form of therapy (time will tell if it works), but I also enjoy hearing if people like my stories or what about them they didn't like.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES