All Comments on 'My Fall and Rise Ch. 13'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
gemman1gemman1over 6 years ago
Fantastic Story

I don't know if it was autobiographical or not. I just wanted to say I read the entire story in one sitting and it was great. Your ability to weave the words together is outstanding and I want more. Fantastic job!!!

HectorBidonHectorBidonover 6 years ago
"I decided that she deserved a chance to live."

What a terrific story! Congratulations and thanks.

This scene was very moving. The heroine, on the threshold of her prison sentence, sees a picture of her younger, innocent, hopeful self. And rather than despising her for what she's become, or pitying her for what has befallen her, or trying to escape her gaze through drugs, she resolves to do her best to give her the future she once envisioned. She's always had great compassion for the other people in her life---her mother, her step father, her grandmother, each of her different boy friends, the guys in the strip club, the women in prison. Here she extends that compassion to the young girl she once was.

She's a super heroine, toughing out withdrawal on her own, avoiding temptation in prison, confessing to her boyfriend even though she's afraid he will no longer find her lovable. We can't help but love her ourselves and hope that her rise continues as spectacularly as it has started.

ExescortExescortover 6 years ago
Fabulous

Probably the best, most inspiring story I’ve read, thank you so much 💋

pooky12349pooky12349over 6 years ago
Fall and Rise

Up until reading your story I fancied myself a writer. Now I'm not so sure. I've been reading stories here for several years and this is the first one that is so well told, like in such a way as to announce its bona fides. It's a beautifully sad story that has a propensity to reduce grown men to tears. Like so many people here I strongly encourage you to get it published. Only I think it will sell itself. You'll just have to shove it under the nose of some publisher.

I will add that I found the minimal amount of sex refreshing, even for a dirty old man.

So I do hope you continue writing and start looking for a publisher or an agent.

And assuming this is a true story, I wish you all the best and that you continue to soar!

Ted

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I'll start by saying it is well written and unlike a lot of stories on here, it's not blocky, too wordy or crammed with everything an author thinks is needed because they're not confident in what they are trying to say. After that, I found it derivative of a lot of movies, tv shows and in the brutally honest shares I've heard in the CMA rooms, but that doesn't mean its bad or I'm knocking your life, but the reason the story is so familiar is because a lot of people with drug problems live that same life. I read the first few chapters and started skimming just to see if I'd be surprised enough to continue. While I no longer find these stories interesting, people who haven't lived that life will and since it is well written, I'm looking forward to something non biographical in the future.

Touch_typeTouch_typeover 6 years ago

Well crafted, beautifully paced and courageously honest. I read it on exescort's recommendation and I'm glad I did. I'm looking forward to the rest of your pieces and hope you keep posting more. Good luck with everything you do.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 6 years ago
Wonderful

I'm left speechless

Steve0333Steve0333about 6 years ago

An incredibly well written and moving story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Two such different stories, each nicely crafted, with a feel for language and rhythm that really lets them flow. Great Job; I hope there will be more.

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 6 years ago
A well earned tear to the eye.

This series has to up there with the best this site has hosted. I am in awe at the simple, but powerful way, the subject matter was presented.

_RD__RD_almost 6 years ago
E, speed & sex

Well there's a familiar bomb... and I guess I spent years of weekends wasted with a girl I didn't love in the week anymore, the lying bitch, but was addicted to from friday night's first drop to monday morning's work hit - so I can sorta see where you were. I guess I could have had it all go wrong when I was a experimenting kid but being an addict in my late 20s seemed to give that crucial extra control, enough to kick it clean. Pity my addiction to her wasn't so easy to come off.

But - the world was a wonder, the sex was unbelievable, she was amazing fun in the moment and for those days of no barriers we were again each other's most important people as long as we never thought any further, so I'll never regret any of it despite it indirectly ending with my incarceration in the prison of disability. I don't feel I was trying to fill a hole and I had experiences I doubt I could have got any other way. Years later I found out I was inadvertantly helping myself become balanced & now I get speed on prescription...

Everyone deserves a happy ending - thanks for sharing this one.

royleroyleover 5 years ago
Amazing

Every once in a while, I run across a writer that has such power and talent that the stories they tell are so real that I feel they are telling their own truth.

This is one such story.

I can't decide if it is her life she is describing, or that MelissBaby is such a gifted writer that she could create from whole cloth this heart wrenching, poignant, and believable story.

I can only hope she keeps writing, and if she decides to take her talents elsewhere, that she will allow me to follow her.

PapaMikePapaMikeover 5 years ago
I'm just sorry

that I put off reading this story for so long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Excellent

I thoroughly enjoyed this series. I discovered your work with Mary and Alvin and have now continued my reading pleasure with My Fall and Rise. You are an excellent writer and I would love to read more of your stories. Thank you very much.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
My 2 cents

What a story. I'm still reading your stories and am impressed. Every person deserves a happy ending. I'm glad Melissa found hers, but what a road to travel. Thanks for your time and imagination.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wow!!

Like another Anonymous commentator I found your work through the last chapter of Mary & Alvin and read through all of them and read all the comments at the end of each chapter and added my own. Then I decided I needed to read My Rise & Fall and like Royle, another commentator, I'm not sure if this is MelissaBaby's life story or whether she is such a good writer that she can make us believe and draw us in, and I really want to believe and I was drawn in, that this is about her and that she has found her happy ending. Few authors that I have read, and I have read a few, can write so well that the reader feels like that they are a part of the story and MelissaBaby has that talent by loads.

MelissaBaby a commentator on one of Mary & Alvin's chapters says that you are too good for this site and will go off to the big time. If that is the case then so be it I will miss your stories but will wish you all the best. GJ.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Please

Please, PLEASE.

Take this story to a publishing house and get it in print. Or put out up on Amazon and charge for it.

Not just because I want to buy it to show my appreciation, but because I want to see it climb the best sellers list, and because I want to see you sell the movie rights, and because I want to see that perfect scene at the end of the movie when she finds "Honeybunch 2".

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
My 3¢

Please, oh please, turn this into an illustrated story and put up pictures of your tits!!!! TITTIES!!!!!!!!! Seriously though. Do it. Do it.

BramblethornBramblethornalmost 5 years ago

Finally got around to reading this. Very very good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

You're a terrific writer and your story has touched me. This is not literotica material. This is Pulitzer stuff. I would love to know what's going on with you now, though

SinnerseekerSinnerseekerover 3 years ago
Great story

Thanks for sharing . It is easy to fall in a pit but very difficult to get out

ChasPHXChasPHXover 3 years ago
So good

I read this story in two days. It's the best I've read on this site to date.

As I was reading the chapters, I started rating as I went. Then around chapter 4 I got nervous about that. I started to wonder if the story was going to be a string of anecdotes, rather than a cohesive whole. I would not have wanted to rate the individual chapters so highly (4s and 5s) if I discovered that the whole thing ended weakly. I decided to read the rest of the chapters then go back and rate. But then I changed my mind again! I said "fuck it," I trust the author at this point. I continued rating as I went, highly, and I was not disappointed. It's a great, great story with a powerful, moving ending.

One of the other commenters used the word "compassionate" to describe the MC. I think that's spot on. She was saved by her compassion for her younger (future) self. But also because others were compassionate toward her - even in prison. Despite the dark and troubling circumstances and events, I found this story had a warm heart beating within it.

I also wanted to say how amazed I was, reading as a male, to read your deft handling of such a wide variety of male characters. It was so nice to read about a woman who is open to and appreciative of so many different types of men, from physical appearance to their demeanor and personality to their sexual experience and interests. I still haven't decided whether I'm critical of this or not, but it is notable that Melissa had some kind of sexual relationship with pretty much every male character she met. She did not have a reliable male relationship that wasn't sexualized in some way. A realistic depiction of the situation? Maybe. I can see it. It did jump out at me.

I have the same nits to pick as other commenters have with the copy errors. This is the first story I've given 5s to where I knew I was giving top marks for something with obvious errors. I broke my own rule, it was that good! But seriously, there are many Lit peers who could have made this thing bulletproof with just a small investment of time. Why not take advantage?

Spectacular work, thanks for sharing it with us on this site.

grampaaloisiusgrampaaloisiusover 3 years ago

Finally finished reading your story. Very affecting.

You really should publish it as a book or ebook, as mentioned by others before.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Reading the author’s self description, you have to think that this story has a lot of autobiographical elements. If so I hope her real life has found the same resolution that her main character has. Making it in real world of writing fiction is very tough. I think Hemingway said that writers don’t write to make a living, they write because they must. Or something like that. All the best and if you keep writing I hope you keep sharing it, whether paid or not.

BighornzBighornzover 2 years ago

Great story telling, with a positive ending. It was a tough journey for your character and the prison elements were tough, some people in real life don’t get through, it’s good to see she had the resolve to pull herself out and make a new life of happiness

flipnmelonfarmerflipnmelonfarmerover 2 years ago

Beautiful story - thanks for sharing with us all.

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreabout 2 years ago

5 stars

I like the ending of this tale the best. This is something every high school student should be required to read.

The way she almost gets out, then it all fails apart, again and again, is very true to life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is, by far, one of the best stories I've read. The detail and minutia would lead me to believe that the elements are real life. So many times it brought up emotions that I thought I could never confront. I did. And thank you.

Cindy1001Cindy1001almost 2 years ago

This is a piece of work that in my view could easily compete for a Booker prize. Whether pure fiction, autobiographical or somewhere in between, the author cannot be lauded enough, but perhaps the encouragement to keep writing, find a publisher and to engage a literary agent would do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wow! Thank you Melissa for sharing your soul with us. Reading this brings me such a feeling of peace at the end. I love the introduction of a gray world compared to the world filled with color at the end. Wonderful! I have a feeling this is a true story so part of me mourns with you and part of me celebrates all that you've accomplished and become. You definitely have a gift my friend, and such a way of bringing us into your world. If I were to have the pleasure of running into you sometime, I really feel you would be equally as genuine in person as you've shown yourself to be via your writing. I wish the absolute best for you whatever else happens in your life.

PurplefizzPurplefizzalmost 2 years ago

I expected something a little different, something more conventional perhaps, what I got was a snapshot of our Authors thoughts, fears, worries and eventually after crawling over enough barbed wire an idea of their happy ending.

Please keep writing, and stay doing what you’re doing, it’s working. I was at different times depressed, hopeful and worried about Melissa, she is a lot better off being Honeybunch, long may it continue to be a happy, healthy and fruitful path for her to follow.

Best wishes and many thanks for writing and posting, cheers Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Trailer park trash

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy11 months ago

Tears streaming down my face ….. speechless …… amazing enchanting

💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝💝

Melissa Thank you Namaste

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A great story - so real and compassionate. Thank you.

32aa32aa8 months ago

Heart-wrenching "Fuzzy True" story Melissa.

God be with you for the rest of your life's journey.

32aa

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Wow, just brilliant!

So far from the normal titillation I was expecting.

So glad to have read your story.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Redemption. Long hard road, inner strength. Kind hearts / love win in the end.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Mind blowing story. So well written, with complex timelines beautifully handled. Great work.

BoldVultureBoldVulture4 months ago

Melissa. This is the most literate and the most powerful story I’ve ever read on literotica.com. And the most redeeming story. My wife and I tried to help a fresh ex-con get a new start after 20 years inside. After 3 years and tens of thousands of dollars, we bailed. We failed. How much this is fiction or memoir or biography I guess I’ll never know. But I’m really happy for your character. Wow. I first found you through the Holidays 2023 contest. Gonna’ read all your stories.

PurplefizzPurplefizz3 months ago

Powerful, emotive writing, how much autobiographical truth is in there only you and yours know MB, but you touched my heart with your story. I’ll always appreciate anybody that posts publicly for their work to be judged but the readers, but anything with a grain of personal truth in it always has a special feel to it, thank you for both writing and posting, best wishes, Purplefizz. 5⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I'm in awe in the skill used to put this story together

Bluesea00Bluesea003 months ago

Wow, I started to read a bit forcing myself because I love how you write , but the story was harsh and a bit in narrator mode , somehow taking distance.

But as I progressed I got entangled by the truth behind the facts, it's not a nice story neither you seek us to grow on Melissa we are sort of invited to be stand by jury. I can tell it was a new experience as reader ( and I do read a lot). Of course I love how it ends because I could not bear another end.

Not sure how autobiographic th story is, but really it's not our place to make any statement or opinion.

(I coud have been me, no doing any better )

I can tell that you need to keep writing , Melissa you are a great writter. And if you want to share with us , I, for one, will be happy.

GoldustwingGoldustwingabout 1 month ago

Oh Mel! My heart is with you, what a beautiful soul you have. How lucky your journey brought you to be with such a wonderful compassionate person who loves you and wants the best for you.

Thanks for this moving story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES