All Comments on 'My Fragile Male Ego'

by bruce1971

Sort by:
  • 209 Comments (Page 2)
SyzyguySyzyguyover 1 year ago

5* Having commented initially soon after it was posted, I have re-read this story in the light of some of the comments. It is not a cheap "by the book" BTB story, it is focussed examination of the two people in this marriage, the way one, Patricia, has destroyed it, and the way the other, Matt, is able to let her see what she has done without losing his rag. The description of the way two people in a loving marriage support and strengthen one another feels very true to life. This is an understanding exploration of vulnerability. Matt has, as he says, had months to work through the betrayal and he is firm, clear and compassionate . . . and all in under 4000 words.

You will gather that I like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Anyone who thinks that this is a BTB story needs to check their definitions. Divorce is the MINIMUM response to adultery! To qualify as “Burning the Bitch”, there must be punishment and loss leading to suffering. She could be physically hurt. She could lose all the money-have to walk away with just her clothes. She could lose her family and friends, parents, children, and coworkers all shun her. Divorce isn’t punishment, it’s just legally recording the choice she made to break the terms of the contract. Pointing out the flaws in her thinking isn’t punishment, either!

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent job! Crazy how people will do / say just about anything to believe they're right and others wrong. Patricia is the poster child for this. She couldn't admit she lied and cheated, it had to be on Matt, no matter what. Tilan comment about your story is another example. Mean-spirited and condescending while never taking a good hard lookin the mirror. The notion that your partner is a mirror of you so it's your fault they cheated defies any logic and creates a void for personal responsibility. You never said husband was perfect, but he wasn't the liar or the one who betrayed his wedding promises. It was his wife. There are plenty of stories about cheating husbands on this site and I don't find any comments from Tilan critiquing those for being shallow. Keep writing!

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 1 year ago

She realised what she'd done but too late. A good, 5* story.

Wh00sherWh00sherover 1 year ago

5*and added you to followed authors 👍🏻

CunnyLinguistTooCunnyLinguistTooover 1 year ago

This is an excellent story...a BTB in the best way possible...making them realize that they're nothing but a worthless peice of crap! Well done! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Masterful

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

It was a nice experience getting to understand the fragility factor while discussing ego.

A person without an ego is not a person at all.

It's natural that sometimes it would be elated, bruised or fragile.

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Here is the thing about the fairer sex. ALL WOMEN hit their attractiveness peak, around age 20. And every group of men, from 20-60, are most attracted to a 20 year old woman. A 20 year old, will have no trouble getting laid. However, the same woman at 35, is going to have to work for it. At 45, unless she is addicted to the gym, it’s pretty much over. 55, the puss is dried up. Unless she lubes her vag like it’s her ass, it’s not gonna work. So women have a short shelf life. If they manage to find a partner to marry, that treats them right, throwing them away for a fling is pretty stupid. That’s the interesting thing about Lit. These stories always make it out, like some rich, handsome guy wants to whisk them away. They need to relabel this- “ lifetime for women”

inka2222inka2222over 1 year ago

4 stars for slightly harsh words at the beginning and decent writing quality. -2 stars for wimpy "oh i want to be a merciful man and avoid hurting the fucking bitch who hurt me because of some BS idea not backed up by any valid reason". -1 star for pathetic attempts to win her back instead of dumping her ass and preparing well before divorce to get most financial safety. +1 star for not making her walk away with most his assets. -1 star for lack of ANY meaningful punishment for her, aside from him calling her ass fat once. +1 star for him finding a replacement. Total 2 stars, and even for that I had to try really hard to justify.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A fragile male ego is not condemnable... an adolescent impulsive compulsion acted upon as an adult is... her childish impulsive needs should have been dealt with by the end of her teens... not as an adult... deception and gaslighting are the skillful tools of deceitful lawyers and are hard to overcome if one is not prepared when they unleash them.

orion2bear2orion2bear2over 1 year ago

A woman who is stupid enough to throw years long marriage away to fuck overgrown kid deserves what she gets

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336over 1 year ago

I personally would have delivered the knockout punch. She deserved no consideration, just another whore lawyer trying to hold back the years with a young puppy trying to fuck his way up the ladder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fucking brilliant! *****

dgfergiedgfergieover 1 year ago

I'm sure I liked this story better than 'Words'. The he worked around the fragile male ego accusations, respect and especially trust was great. I wished I had those words for my ex when we divorced 40 years ago after a 13-year marriage and two teem age daughters. I didn't know I was capable of feeling that bad. But it wasn't about the marriage or the loss of the wife; it was the loss of the family that really hurt. 5 stars for an excellent diatribe that was given very subtly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"But why not? If one person curling up in pain is funny, why isn't another?"

Bravo! Good job cutting through some of the sexist tropes about men out there. More like this is needed out there

I don't think you quite hit the literary heights of the classic literotica masterpiece you were trying to emulate, but still... You did pretty damn well!

Definitely a 5* effort by literotica standards!

AileyInnAileyInnover 1 year ago

I aspire to be so kind, “but sometimes my willpower...well, it can be a little fragile…”

sennodensennodenover 1 year ago

This was better than "Words" if I am honest. Less bloat, less melodrama, more to the point. Goods story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it. Short and sweet with a punch. Well done

ttt59ttt59over 1 year ago

Love the subtlety of his approach. Not sure she ever could get over her selfishness to see his point, but he gained his freedom and regained his self-respect which is more important. Well done!

MormonJackMormonJackover 1 year ago

Wow... just wow! Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are talking And still fighting tears!

After All the shit and you don't go for KO?

I see any real man looking at himself in mirror fine after being treated like that for 6 months.

CaedynCaedynover 1 year ago

Well done! Thank you for sharing your work, and I hope to read more soon.

26thNC26thNCover 1 year ago

A great story that deserves every one of the *5 stars I gave it. Amazing, not just for a new author, but for any author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really clever and well written. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent. 5 stars. More please.

tennesseeredtennesseeredover 1 year ago

Strong writing and a dynamite ending. Thanks!

LoejtcLoejtcover 1 year ago

Clearly the best response to the “fragile male ego” excuse in LW category. Very well thought out and presented. Worth reading several times.

ctdansctdansover 1 year ago

I like it. But in my life my wife wouldn't sit and listen and hear me out. Should would have just shouted over me and there would really be no point in talking.

KoxokKoxokover 1 year ago

Maybe he could have delivered that knockout punch, but that could have cost him a lot of time and money in the divorce. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I think I would have taken the check that she would be devastated and hopping from bed to bed for years. Not going to be his problem. And why worry about telling her the truth, it was after all the whole point of his argument.

ReddladyReddladyover 1 year ago

Powerful use of words. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You write very well, pointedly deep and light with a perfect blend of both sides yet maybe too much advantage of knowledge into the psyche' of the adversary. Don't stop.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Lol @ "willpower can be a little fragile." Nice tie in to the "fragile male ego."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Personally even in stories like this I can see the feminization of the MC, men these days are such pussies. So much so that even stories with amicable 50/50 splits are considered BTB stories, in reality men release anger and frustration physically, "million years of evolution trumps your pansy ass modern view, women are the ones who yap. They yap to destroy your character they yap to tarnish your image, they yap to shatter your ego, and they yap to manipulate you. Having your male MC "fight like a girl" just feels like more cow-toeing to the delusional ideology and mission to feminise men. So even in a story meant to empower the male MC it still just reeks of estrogen. Still gave yah 5 stars though gotta support the wins even if it just barely limps across the finish line.

CDRLawCDRLawover 1 year ago

This anon commenter is exactly right. the MC is a complete pussy. He SHOULD have strangled her, dismembered her and left her body parts spread around the city as a warning! Good call Anonymous!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No comments? I hope you are not curating the comments too heavily, because I cannot imagine this excellent short story not getting comments before this.

Well done

Five for you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Sometimes it is tough speaking with a legal professional. They often “Play” with words to try to “win”. Even more difficult with a wife who refuses to see both sides of a problem. ****. Thanks for sharing.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

This author has a bad case of Fragile Male Ego 🤓 as in a delusional case of self worth. He seems to think he's smarter, whittier and more humorous than he really is. At the end of the day his MC's are all pretty pathetic and this one fully lives up to the billing😂

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Did you numbnuts even read the story? Or you guys already in prison for domestic abuse? Wasting your precious online time trying to justify your actions by calling others name? What a bunch of losers. You know who you are?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Certainly one of the best stories of its type. The derogatory commenters never have any stories of their own, usually hiding behind anonymous. I assume they are also unmarried or else abusers. Although I may not react in the same way as a protagonist I look for the writing as a whole not if I agree with how they handle their situation. My last comment is that nobody knows how they would handle a situation, especially one that is so emotional and personal, until they are faced with it. 5 ************************************. This author deserves his high score.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The wife found a man who was worth the risk of losing the husband she used to respect, but now disdained. Hell, she thought she could just TALK him into accepting whatever she wanted, Needed. What kind of man gives a woman that impression, no, that factual experience? Twenty-Five years of living, working, as husband and wife, and she didn't believe her fucking him over would cost her her marriage? And when he determines she's put him in storage until she needs him for something her new Man can't take care of, what does he do? He tries harder! Harder to be a worthy loving indulgent husband. No wonder she got tired of him, he's boring, predictable, and pathetic.

\

There is no indication the wife went through some great personality changing trauma or crisis. No, she's the same woman he's always been married to, she just never Wanted to cheat before. But she was always ready to when she decided it was time, convenient, exciting, fun. So he got what he married; he got what he deserved.

\

So the wife is a successful professional, who is not bad looking, and apparently a decent fuck. And we're supposed to think that she can't find some New fool to fill her jewelry box, her clothes closet, and her pussy? Not even a nice try. She'll always regret getting caught, but she'll never regret the great fucking she experienced when her stodgy husband couldn't carry the load. Shallow, selfish, arrogant. He lived with it for 25 years. Maybe he'll be smarter with the new woman. So will the ex wife, with the new man. It was just a matter of when. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fucking lawyers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Absolutely superb! I wish so many women (and even men) who think so little of infidelity and it's consequenses could read your story. Nothing over the top, just the cold hard reality of the impact of her betrayal. He's a better man than me. When she said, "We can still ride off into the sunset" I would have replied, "I've got a better idea, why don't you get out of the car and go stand in front of it while I begin riding off without you, or maybe dragging you along for a few blocks?"

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Bravo!! Thank you for defining the "fragile male ego" so clearly and comprehensively.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggart12 months ago

That was a very good story, 5 stars and faved. Really was an interesting look at relationships, the ego and fragile emotions at play by those involved. The MC is was not cruel in his breakdown of their problems, just stated the facts to get her to understand what her actions had really done to their marriage and how her own "fragile ego" led to it. Nothing wrong with a story about burning and revenge and all that but sometimes nice to read a bit more "cerebral" story where words hurt far more then any sort of revenge.

remb95remb9512 months ago

A lot of truth in this one. 5

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Just one word: excellent!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Wish someone woukd explain the concept this well to some other writer's on this site. Cagivagurl writes well but her female cheating wives always play the ego card. So frustrating and dumb.

bobareenobobareeno11 months ago

Nicely done. “Words” is one of the best on this site, and this was a good companion piece.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well done. All you really had to do was be honest about the true dynamics of men and women. While I can't say that I've ever dealt with a woman in real life that was as narcissistic as Patricia or any of the other self centered "fragile ego" cunts that are written about in A LOT of LW stories here, I can say that the actual truth is spelled out in this story. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Best story reguarding logically tearing apart bs female excuses, on this site. Well done and just point of fact, this story is just the tip of the iceberg on how empty and hollow their excuses are, and how quickly they crumble to dust when facing true logic or when reversing the roles in a situation. That is how to win against female logic, true logic allows you to have either person in the scenario to be in either role and it still makes sense, doing so in a "female logic" scenario and the cracks and holes appear immediately. We need more of the same, seeing as written erotica is dominated 85% by women, trends show women read and men watch, and as a man having read a whole lot there is a definite lack of male perspective and very little respect for the male characters in others whether in the stories themselves or just by the author's themselves.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Superb explanation of why EVERYBODY has a fragile ego.

RePhilRePhil9 months ago

Brilliant thanks for sparing us a long flashback in this one. It’s so much, better having the time travel be specific to an event you are describing and appearing throughout the story rather than 1-2 pages after the plot starts.

nixroxnixrox9 months ago

5 stars - It was nice to see this in print - I have been thinking and saying the same things for decades.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well done. Yes we all have fragile egos with our wive, assuming we are in a loving marriage. Thr loss of.that fragility means loss of trust and putting a wall around our hearts, meaning a dead or dying marriage. Bit surprised he chose to suffer so many months even after he had confirmation of adultery. My only nit pick is the okder woman seeking a younger stud muffin because she is aging trope. Folks while.it can happen, it is not that common. Most you ger men will not pursue someone 15 to 20 years or more unless money or power or influence is involved. A one night stand? Sure. But mo the long affairs. Umm no. In this story Patricia was the you buck's boss and was an established lawyer so.maybe he was enjoying perks and incentives and a fast track for his career. Dunno. Isn't made clear. Would be speculation. But in general a young guy doesn't want to have sex with a woman 20 years older than him unless she really is a hot MILF. But that is mostly a fantasy created by the porn industry to sell content. Moreover, in large studies looking at why men and women cheat the reasons are antipodal to one another. The leading reason men have sex is that their new sex partner is hot and they act on impulse. Also the usual stuff like conquests and sexual fulfillment. These are at the bottom of the reasons given by women. They tend to cheat because they feel neglected or not being paid enough attention or feel they have lost an emotional connection with their husband. They want attention and to be seen as attractive. Their affairs tend to have much more emotional intensity than sexual intensity where men are the opposite. In this story, it is clear the husband made a serious effort ot give her attention. To change, to be romantic, etc. Of course by then she was already swallowed up in the affair eith the young paralegal. She claims it is a fling with no emotional impact on her husband. Obviously that is not correct, because she took from the marriage, ending up killing it. But my nitpick l, not so much only with this story, is that this plot line of middle aged woman seeking affirmation in an affair with a younger man as she ages, is just not that common and is way overused. Be honest guys, which gender is more likely to fit that scenario? Men or women? Evidence both empirical and anecdotal would have that far more prevalent for men in real lifr. Hands down. Sure some upper crust type women who are bored, have money and influence will take out boy toys for affairs behind their husband's back (though apparently in LW stories often with an ironclad prenuptial in place -- smh). But most women do not have that luxury nor that appeal to younger men. The MILF trope started a long time ago and was capitalized on by the porn industry to recycle porn starlets who no matter how.much makeup could not he passed off as 20- or 30- somethings anymore. It wxtebded their careers. Then it became a huge niche market of porn. But beyond a one night stand, it just doesn't happen that often, both because young men are not generally into it (unless the older woman is hot; how often is that the case in real life?) or the middle aged woman is seeking an affair for different reasons than the young stud trope (men seeking young beauties is a totally different matter and very real), looking to either plug some need for attention or.form an emotional bond. That is more likely with a man who is same age or older or only a few years younger. But on this site, that trope is used in like half the LW stories where the married couple are in their 40s or 50s. Seriously?

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

one of the best.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Amazing conversation. Wish it could be used against the many LWs of Cagivagurl or RG.

WisquejacWisquejac8 months ago

Perfection. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Unlike the author’s misbegotten “chicken soup” nonsense, this is truly excellent

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Nailed it.

41 years married and I still call my wife beautiful.

But it's the mutual love and devotion that allows us to see beauty where others don't.

Love is the true source of beauty.

That's why you see old people happy together.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon8 months ago

You hit a home run with this, Jezazz would give his approval.

jazzharpjazzharp8 months ago

Great! I'll check out your other stories.

mac1729mac17297 months ago

Wonderfully written, nailed it

Thank you for writing

jezzazjezzaz7 months ago

“You hit a home run with this, Jezazz would give his approval.”

Jezzaz absolutely DOES give his approval. More stories, please.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Nicely done . Really enjoyable read . Well thoughtout counter arguments

Well written , clear and easy to read .

DK . 5 * .

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Absolutely brilliant - and Jezazz DID give his approval 😊

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Almost as good as “Words”, and that’s a pretty high bar for anyone.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Thank you

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodger7 months ago

l needed 10 stars, very good.

Dalton402Dalton4027 months ago

I can't remember the last time I gave 5 stars. That was excellent. Patricia just could not understand what her actions were doing to her husband until he spelt it out to her and only when it was too late did she realise.

PierremanvisPierremanvis7 months ago

Stunning writing. Powerful message. Keep contributing

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well written . Easy to follow and well thoughtout .

I particularly enjoyed the reasoning used regarding the ' fragile male ego ' .

DK . 5 * .

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Very good story and extremely well written. Like the last commenter I especially liked the way he countered her

“fragile male ego” cliche with a sound logical explanation that left really no room for argument. I cringe in anger whenever I see or hear that “fragile male ego” BS. Thanks, bruce1971, for sharing a great story.

Five stars.

Kernow2023Kernow20236 months ago

very good story covered the " fragile male ego" very well

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thought it was pretty cruel what he said about his to be ex men forget what a woman goes through to give birth nourish a child etc of course her body changes fgs it should be appreciated not used as a weapon to cut her down don’t care what she did u don’t use that he doesn’t deserve his children

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Stupid bitch finally had a decent wake up call. Now she knows her boy toy is only fucking an older cheating skank slut for what he can get out of it and will soon move on, leaving her alone... just as she deserves. Good story!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Gotta love how Patricia breaks down his reaction to her slutty behavior as his fragile male ego being bruised. Glad to see her realize, albeit roo late, that she isn't the goddess she thinks she is. I also gotta laugh at another Anon's post blasting the MC for drawing attention to Patricia's flaws to prove his point. Anon then doubles down on the stupidity, saying the MC shouldn't use Patricia's flaws to cut her down. Yeah, nevermind the MC wasn't cutting her down, but making his point that neither of them is perfect, but he loved her flaws. Patri

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Think folks forget that when you burn a bridge. It normally stays burnt. She trying to build herself up, by running him down.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

My ego is not fragile... it is wholesomely aware and centered while your narcissism is beyond toxic and destructive.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well written

lisablissfullisablissful3 months ago

I didn't like 'Words' recommended by the author at the beginning and so I knew I wouldn't like this and I didn't. I shouldn't have read it, knowing that I had a blinkered mind. However I haven't marked it down, that wouldn't have been fair.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

They didn't know each other.

He never realized she couldn't be trusted and she mistook his consideration for weaknessand peasant simplicity.

CastAdriftCastAdrift3 months ago

Brilliant.

Interesting assessment of the fragile male ego concept, whether it exists in reality or only in LW.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well he certainly had a fragile male ego probably a copy of the authors. What a sad little loser he turned out to be. It looks like America's lost it's men and replaced them with wimps.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

To anonymous from three months ago complajning that we must be nice to women because they gave birth to us: Ha haha hahaha hahahahahaha... and enjoy your cock-sucking limp dick

skruff101skruff1013 months ago

Ahhh the ubiquitous ‘fragile male ego’ rears its ugly head once more. Don’t remember the first time it was uttered in these stories but it soon became the defence du jour by the cheating wife. The fact that she was cheating because of her ‘fragile female ego’ is rarely if ever mentioned, so well done Bruce.

Earthmover65Earthmover653 months ago

I think this is the best written story that I have ever read on Literotica! You explained everything in perfect detail! Please never stop writing. God has given you a gift

Wildbill1964Wildbill19643 months ago

When one is supposed to love another like no other, breaking down their ego is a cheap, sleazy way to say, "I still love you, but I'm no longer in love with you, but I just want to keep you around for MY EGO, and convenience, lifestyle, and somewhere to come back to when other things don't work out".

2112literotica2112literotica3 months ago

Wow! Good story!! 5++

Harryin VAHarryin VA3 months ago

wow great story

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

1st time reading your story & hopefully not the last. A very good tale, dealing with the oft used (at least in Lit.com) of the male's fragile ego. 5 stars Bob

DeanofMeanDeanofMean3 months ago

Wow! Well done.Be careful though you let the secret out they will come for you...

nixroxnixrox3 months ago

5 stars - second read and just as relevant as the first.

This is pretty close to how I feel a relationship should honestly be depicted - before, during and after it fails.

PierremanvisPierremanvis2 months ago

Just read again.... and what Magnificent writing.

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

Reading again. Words is still the best story in this vein, but this one is very close. Easy *5.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story, Bruce, thanks for sharing it here. It seemed like Matt bipassed the BTB option and managed to talk his way through a fairly civil and uneventful divorce. Seems like the way to go, to me. Save the BTB option until after the divorce is final, over and done. Then go for it.

Thanks again, Bruce. 5 stars.

1959_Darroch1959_Darroch2 months ago

Wonderfully written. Well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userbruce1971@bruce1971
January 2024 Update Happy New Year's, everyone! I recently received a comment stating that I'm a smart guy who's clearly trying to do something specific, but that the reader had no idea what my point was.  It bummed me out a little. Because, yes, my stories (hopefully!) hav...