My Graduate School Romance - Katie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I heard someone yell, "Go Sean! Go!" Good sign. He's got either friends or fans.

Elena stepped up to the mic and sang in that lovely voice of hers. When the rest of us came in, things felt very right. Without any rehearsal we were nailing it.

As we wrapped it up Elena said into the microphone, "Give it up for our newest band member, Sean O'Brien!"

I guess that settles it then. Good decision Elena.

Sean handed the acoustic back to Elena and took up the Telecaster again. The rest of the evening went very well with only a minor hiccup or two.

When we were done, Lindsey walked over to Sean and handed him a piece of paper. "We practice in my garage on Sunday and Monday nights at seven. Do those times work for you?"

"Sure. I have classes on Wednesday nights and Saturday mornings so there's no conflict." He wrote something on the back of a business card. "Could you send me your set list? That way I can practice."

Lindsey smiled, "Sure. No problem. That's a nice change. We fired our last guitarist because he never practiced. It showed. Well, there were other reasons too."

Fired him? Keith quit!

Sean said, "Well, I'm a bit of a perfectionist."

What a find! I went over a put my arm around his waist. "I think this is great. I'm so glad we found you."

"I'm glad you found me too. If you don't mind me asking, do you make anything from these gigs?"

Not much!

Lindsey explained, "Tony pays the band $250 a night. He's the owner. We put twenty-five in a savings account to save for equipment, then split the rest."

"Well, I don't need the money, so you don't need to worry about paying me."

Lindsey touched his arm, "We'll be paying you. It's only fair. Elena plans on asking Tony for a raise once we show him what we can do with a real guitarist."

"I wouldn't call myself a real guitarist."

"Well, you certainly aren't fake!" We laughed.

There was a commotion behind us. "Get your hands offa me!"

I looked like some guys were assaulting a young woman. Where's Rich? Some guy was holding her arms while another was groping her boobs.

Sean said, "Excuse me ladies."

He walked over and said something and then all hell broke loose. Sean dodged one guy and punched another in the side of the head. I saw Rich running over. Oh good. Suddenly, Sean was struck in the head with what looked like a beer mug. He staggered and parried a punch. Rich took one guy and slammed him head first into the front of the bar. He punched another in the face and blood went everywhere. Sean went down on one knee. First aid kit!

I ran to the bar and retrieved the kit. I ran to Sean's side. Rich and Pete were next to him. The young woman was trying to press some napkins to Sean's head.

I said to Rich, "I'm a nurse. Let me help." I pulled up a chair, "Sean, I need you to sit down."

I immediately inspected the wound. It was a couple inches long and was deep enough to expose the skull underneath. I applied a bandage and started wrapping some gauze to keep it in place. People were crowding in on us.

Sean whispered to me, "I could use some air."

I yelled, "Give the man some air. Step back."

Rich came over, "Hey shipmate, should I call an ambulance?"

The young woman said, "I can drive him."

Rich turned to her, "No, you can't. You've had too much."

Lindsey patted my arm, "I'll take him." I nodded.

The young woman wouldn't give up, "Well, I want to go." Who the hell was this? "He helped me. He's my friend and I want to make sure he's okay."

Rich intervened, "Let's get you home safe. Do you have someone to drive you?"

A women with spiky hair came up, "I'll take care of Astrid. I'm her designated driver."

"But I want to go with Sean!"

Lindsey was right on it, "We'll take care of him. Give me your number and I'll let you know how it went."

*****

Lindsey drove us to Urgent Care. I sat in the back with Sean. Part of me wanted him to lay him down with his head on my lap. I was concerned that he mind have suffered a concussion or he could go into shock. Part of me wanted his head next to my crotch. Instead, I placed his hand on my lap, with my fingers on his pulse.

When we got to Urgent Care I had them take Sean in with a wheelchair. Luckily the place was quiet. He disappeared into the back. When I told the receptionist that I was a nurse, they let me in. I learned that they took a precautionary x-ray and used 11 sutures to pull his scalp back together. By the time he was released it was past 3 a.m.

Sean climbed into the front of Lindsey's car, "Are you ladies hungry? The least I can do is buy you something to eat."

I thought that sounded great, "There's a Denny's a couple of blocks away."

"Perfect. Lindsey?"

"I'll go for that."

We pulled into the Denny's and got a booth. I sat next to Lindsey with Sean across from us.

The waitress brought us menus and looked at Sean, "What happened to you?"

I explained, "Sean tried to stop some guys from assaulting a lady over at Smitty's. He got whacked in the head with a beer mug."

He laughed, "Is that what it was?"

The waitress asked, "Do any of you want coffee?"

Sean said, "I'll need to sleep when we're done. Water for me. Ladies?"

Lindsey said, "Water's good."

I felt like I could use some sugar, "Orange juice."

The waitress said, "I'll be back to take your order in a few minutes."

I decided to get Sean talking about himself, "Back at the bar Rich called you 'shipmate'."

Sean smiled, "We were both in the Navy. When I showed up tonight he had nothing but good things to say about your band."

I think Lindsey was playing footsie with Sean. Woman, give the guy a chance to recover. She said, "Rich is a nice guy. Looks out for us. Makes sure we get to our cars safe and sound after a gig."

I asked, "What did you do in the Navy?"

"I was a pilot. I flew these big ugly airplanes called P-3s. Nothing fancy and sexy like in Top Gun."

That was impressive. I said, "Yeah, but that's still pretty bad ass. I could never do that."

Lindsey asked, "How long were you in for?"

"Twenty-five years."

Holy shit! I had to laugh, "Jeez, you must be old."

Lindsey laughed too, "I thought the same thing. So first off, you need to know that you are in our band no matter how old you are, but how old are you?"

"I'll be forty-eight next month."

I said, "Well, you look good for forty-eight. I would have guessed a lot younger."

The waitress returned and we ordered. Everyone went for something breakfast related. Over the course of the next hour we told Sean about ourselves and we learned more about Sean. When we were done, Lindsey drove us back to the tavern for our cars. I have Sean a hug and told him I hoped he healed quickly. I watched to make sure Lindsey didn't try to take him home with her. The guy needed to rest.

*****

Over the next couple of days, I couldn't stop thinking about Sean. Yes, he was older, but he was so nice, handsome too. I don't know if it was the red hair, or the air of confidence about him, but I really wanted to get to know him. I didn't want to piss off Elena so I ruled out anything romantic with him. Still, a girl could try.

I decided that I would present my best assets at the Sunday evening rehearsal. I chose a yellow t-shirt and went braless. Hopefully it would be chilly and my pokies would be making an appearance.

The entire way over to rehearsal, I kept pinching and pulling on my nipples to get them hard. When I pulled up at Lindsey's I saw that Elena had the same idea. She was braless in a white t-shirt, nipples erect. Shit! No way could I compete with her. She was a goddess.

Lindsey met me and grabbed my amp. At least she was wearing a bra.

I called out, "Sean, how's your head?"

Sean looked me over, "Mending nicely."

I could feel myself getting wet. Oh please let me be attractive to him.

Lindsey disappeared while Pete and I set up. When she reappeared, she had lost her bra too. There was no way I could compete with the two of them. They were both so beautiful. I became a little disheartened.

Soon we were ready to start. Elena said, "I talked with Tony. His beer sales go through the roof when we play. He's going to increase our pay to $375 a gig. We'll each get seventy bucks a night. He wants us to start an hour earlier though."

Elena went on to explain things to Sean. Then she asked Lindsey and Sean to bring some songs to our next rehearsal that they could sing. Elena didn't think she could sing for the entire evening.

I raised my hand, "Right now we have about four or five hours' worth of material. We'll probably have to repeat some songs until we expand our repertoire."

Elena nodded, "Good point. We'll see how things go tonight and tomorrow. We may need to meet an extra time or two to get stuff ready. Anything else?"

Everyone was shaking their heads.

Elena said, "Okay. Let's get started."

We were set up in a circle so we could see each other. All three of us women were sporting hard nipples. I noticed Sean did his best to avoid looking at us. Sean is a gentleman, just like Tom. Flaunting my boobs will probably get nowhere with him.

About halfway through Lindsey closed the garage door. I was sweating profusely, my t-shirt drenched. My nipples were as hard as pebbles. I'm sure Sean was getting a good view if he looked at me. We ended up rehearsing for about three and a half hours.

When we wrapped up, I was tired and had a seven a.m. shift so I headed right home. As I was going to bed, Elena sent Lindsey and me a text.

All three of us need to dress more appropriately. No more going braless to impress Sean.

I thought that was probably a good idea.

*****

Around 11:45 the next morning I was heading over to the cafeteria for lunch when I had an idea. Sean's also in a doctoral program. I wonder if he's in the library.

I started walking around inside and I found him on the second floor. I snuck up behind him and clamped my hands over his eyes.

He said, "Guess who, right?"

After several seconds he said, "Give me a hint."

A hint? How could I give him a hint without talking? Ahh! I pressed my boobs into his back.

"Ahh. A buxom young lady. Katie?"

I laughed, "Yes!"

I was so happy I reached around and kissed his cheek. Go for it Katie! I swung around and sat on his lap with my arms around his neck.

I gave him a quick kiss, "Sean, it was so good having you at rehearsal last night. You add a whole new dimension to the band."

"Thanks."

"Want to get lunch with me at the caf?"

"What time is it?"

I looked at my watch, "Ten to twelve."

"Okay. Let's go."

I jumped down off his lap and Sean packed up his stuff.

As we approached the door Sean asked, "At most schools the cafeteria food is lousy. As a medical professional, you approve of this place?"

I nodded, "This place is good."

We walked along a bit in silence. It was a breezy day. Think of something to say!

Sean asked, "So how long will it take to finish your program?"

"It's a doctor of nursing program. About four years. When I'm done I'll be a nurse and a doctor."

"What will you do with it when you're done?"

"Hope to teach at a college somewhere. Nursing is hard work. I figure teaching nursing will at least give me some more normal hours."

Sean held the door for me when we got to the dining facility. We both grabbed a salad and found a table near the window.

I asked, "How about you?"

"I'm not sure. I might want to teach, but I think I may want to work in the field trying to improve people's lives. I've seen a lot of poverty over the years. I'd like to try and help those people."

"Well, that's a noble pursuit. Elena told you about her rule about no romance in the band, right?"

"Yeah. Makes sense."

"Did Lindsey hit on you?"

"Right away. She let me know she's a nympho and needs sex all the time."

I explained how the no romance rule came into being. "I think Elena needs to modify it to a no sex rule. Lindsey isn't interested in romance, just sex."

Sean nodded, "I think that might be wise. Lindsey was already making the case to me that we could have sex without romance."

"I think it is okay if you and I have lunch together though. We're getting to know each other. We won't get romantic. Well, at least not yet." I couldn't help but smile.

"I like that idea. I think it would be great to get to know you."

I reached and touched his hand, "By the way, if you come by the clinic when it's time to take out your sutures, I can do it for free."

"Good to know. I think Wednesday will be the sixth day when they need to come out. I'll come by in the morning. Do we have to eat in the caf each time? I usually brown bag it."

I thought a moment, "I could brown bag it with you. Can we make this a regular thing?"

"I'd love to."

*****

That afternoon, I spent the entire time thinking about Sean. I was going to get to eat lunch with him! Maybe things aren't as bad as you think Kathleen! From now on I decided I was going to just be myself. No more trying to impress him. Just wear what you would normally wear. Be Katie!

That evening, as I turned onto Elena's road I saw Sean's car ahead of me. When I climbed out, Pete was right next to me and we walked in together.

I said, "Sorry about yesterday."

"What are you sorry about?"

"The three of us gals were showing a bit much, going braless and all."

He laughed, "Are you kidding me? You're amazing. Getting to hang out with three beautiful, older women three times a week is a dream come true for me. "

I gave him a side hug, "Thanks Pete." Older woman? I guess compared to Pete.

Soon we were ready to begin. Elena asked Sean and Lindsey if they brought some new pieces that they could sing. Sean had seven, but Lindsey only had two.

We spent the rest of the evening working out and perfecting our new arrangements. I knew we had a good band, but Sean raised the bar for us. He sang really well and his guitar work was spot on. Lindsey, Elena, and I seemed to instinctively know how to blend with each other. We created some very nice harmonies. By the end of the evening I was feeling good about Thursday's gig.

As we were walking out I saw Elena talking to Sean. Wonder what's up? They stopped talking before I got within earshot. When I was ready to go, I noticed that Elena got out of her car and returned to the garage. Probably going to rescue Sean from Lindsey.

*****

All morning on Tuesday, I couldn't stop thinking about Sean. Why was I obsessing over him? What was it that made him so attractive? The red hair certainly helped. What did he call it? The Richie Cunningham Effect. The guy had nineteen years on me and he looked like he was just a year or two older. Maybe that was it. Being older. The man oozed confidence. He was polite and respectful. A lot like Tom, but I had already hugged and kissed Sean more than I ever did with Tom. Sean knew what he wanted out of life and right now it seemed like sex wasn't one of those things. It felt so good being in his company. I decided that I wasn't going to actively pursue Sean, but I would subtly make it known that I was interested in him. I'd feel him out and if the opportunity presented itself, I'd go for it. If things got to be like they were between Tom and me, I wasn't going to let Sean go.

I showed up at Sean's library spot a little before noon. I gave him a nice, full-frontal hug. I didn't know if he was a breast man, but if he was, I was going to use my womanly wiles on him.

I eased off the hug, "Did Lindsey catch you last night?"

Sean gathered up his stuff, "She did, but Elena came back for me. Lindsey pleaded with her to change the rule. Elena said she'd think about it. Lindsey even asked for a threesome."

A threesome? The woman has no shame. "That's interesting. How would you feel about that?"

We started walking, "About having sex with my bandmates or a threesome?"

"Yeah."

"For the last one, I've never had group sex. It might be interesting with two beautiful women. For the first one, I'm not sure. For me, sex is a pretty emotional event. I almost immediately start getting attached to a sexual partner."

"So you're not into sex without strings?"

"I don't know."

I reached the front doors first and held the door for Sean. We passed out onto the campus. It was a blustery day with the threat of rain.

He didn't know? "Forgive me, but I'm a little surprised. I thought guys liked that. Sex without commitment."

"Probably most guys."

"So why aren't you jumping Lindsey's bones? Are you gay? Not that that would be bad."

Sean laughed, "No, I'm not gay. And yes, most guys wouldn't think twice. That old saying - 'Women need a reason. Men just need a place.' I don't know. I guess if I had sex with Lindsey, part of me wouldn't want to offend you and Elena."

"That's interesting. So how about sex with me?

Sean laughed, "Are you saying that you and I should have sex without romance?"

I stopped walking and put my hands on my hips, "Would that be so bad?"

"That's not what I meant. Although, I have to say the prospect of having sex with you is mind blowing."

"Nice save." We continued walking. "I guess what I meant is you're a very handsome, respectful guy. I think most unattached women would be throwing themselves at you."

"Katie, that's actually happening. Well, only Lindsey has asked to have sex with me, but I'm getting a lot of vibes from several women, including you and Elena that they would let me in their pants if I asked."

Fuck subtlety. "Sean."

"Katie?"

I stopped walking and took his hand. I looked up into those gorgeous baby blues, "Please don't think I am being a slut or something, but I would love to let you into my pants." I felt my face catch on fire. I must have turned the brightest shade of red, "I've never said that to a guy before."

"Thank you for the offer. Hypothetically, if I were to take you up on that, would it change our relationship?"

He didn't say 'no'! We started walking, but I held onto his hand, "Well, I'm glad you didn't reject me right off."

"Katie, you're a beautiful woman. I'm serious. How would having sex change our friendship? Because I really value your friendship."

"See. I don't know. Sean, I don't want to wreck what we have. I value your friendship too. You're a great guy."

There was a moment's silence. Sean said, "At this stage of my life I am looking for trusted friends. Friends that I can count on. Friends that support my goal of earning a doctorate. Friends that I can turn to if I am ever in need. Friends that I will help when they are in need. I want to develop and nurture those friendships."

I nodded, "I can see that. As you're saying that I realize that I really don't have many people I can count on. I think I could count on Elena. Not sure about Lindsey. After seeing you stand up for that lady last Thursday I get the feeling that you would do the same for me."

"I would. Actually, I'd do the same for Lindsey. I just don't know if she'd stick her neck out for me. Well, unless there was some sex involved. I hope I find out I'm wrong."

That made me chuckle, "So the question is: can you fuck someone and still be friends?"

Sean smiled, "I'm reminded of Billy Crystal's line in When Harry Met Sally: 'No man can ever be friends with a woman that he finds attractive. He'll always want to have sex with her.'"

"Do you think that's true?"

"That men will want to have sex with an attractive woman?"

"No, that they can't be friends."

"I think they can be friends. The more important question is: Can they still be friends if they are having no strings attached sex? I am going to assume that you have had significant others."