All Comments on 'My Handyman'

by robcub32

Sort by:
  • 70 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Different

I like this story. It's different from all of your others. It deals with a real issue that some gay men and women have to face, whether it is coming out, or having a partner who is too scared to come out. You did a great job portraying the feelings of hurt, betrayal, and inadequacy that someone experiences when in Cliff's situation. Once again, you did a great job. Please keep writing, I look forward to reading more of your stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
The Best

For me this has been your best story so far. Not that I haven't enjoyed all of your previous stories, but I think this one has taken your writing to another level- the bear/cub element is still there, but it's so much more richer. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
love this story!

Just wanted to tell you that I am a big fan. I am a straight married woman who really loves reading your stories. I search for new tells from you whenever I come on this site. I have to say that this one to me is your best yet. Thank you, I hope you keep writing.

392OhMyGoodness392OhMyGoodnessover 13 years ago
Great

Once again you've written a lovely story that made me laugh and cry. I was starting to think that you had gone on a hiatus which really would have bummed me out. But you're back and now I'm happy. I love that Cliff wasn't as bitter as his friends about the break-up and that he gave Kent another chance. I also loved that in order for Kent to be comfortable with Cliff that he would need to be comfortable with himself...I guess that's something that some people need to do in order to feel truly happy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Wow

That was beautiful! Very hot and very real - made me laugh and had me on the verge of tears!! Amazing stuff dude :)

MabelCinnamonMabelCinnamonover 13 years ago
Amazing...

Great yet again... You know it's largely due to your stories that my fantasy man is gay... Yes I'm a girl and I love the gay men in your stories. You are a talented writer, gifted in making the picture jump out at me and I am looking forward to more fantasy men from you... Keep up the fantastic work!!!

hyperbolichyperbolicover 13 years ago
I keep checking to see if you've added new stories lol

I really liked this one - like all your others! There's just something about your stories that hooks me and I just want more and more ^_^ thanks for feeding my addiction! lol

Marbles29Marbles29over 13 years ago
once again

I thought i was the only one that checks to see if you have posted..Im such a huge fan

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

OOO how i have missed reading your stories. i am so glad that you put another one out. i check everyday just to see.

Arisan_MaruArisan_Maruover 13 years ago
AMAZING!

wow i love your stories and like so many other of your fans i check everyday to see if you have posted a new story, i love them all, and you do so well with the drama aspect of the story, hope to see more from you soon

-Arisan_maru

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Amazing

That was such a fantastic story...I sat here sobbing after Cliff overheard Kent and the other dude saying those things. So moving and REAL. And although the whole conflict in the story focused on homosexuality, I found it so interesting that for me...who they were and what they wanted transcended what their genders were and this was just....love. Their relationship could have been any of ours (and I, a straight chick, wish it was!)...it is too bad so many people in the world get hung up on the gender of the people in it and can't just see the love!

Danae72Danae72over 13 years ago

I'm another who checks just about daily to see if you've posted a new story. Love them all and set all else aside when it comes to reading one of your stories!

PheeGeePheeGeeover 13 years ago
another gem

Another fine read. Your characters are always so down to earth and easy to cheer for. Happy writing and reading!

~Phoebe

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Refreshing

I have missed you! This story was great, you're such a talented writer! x

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
i loved it

I am so glad u r back!!! I love the way u write.

shortandsassyshortandsassyover 13 years ago
Great!!!!

This story was wonderful. I really liked how you had the characters evolve as their situations did. This story is a little softer than yours usually are but I liked that. You are a talented writer. I can't wait for your next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Hot and Sweet

You managed to push all my buttons with this story. Loved sweet Cliffy and Kent the bear. Add hot sex, romance and a happy ending and it's just about perfect. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago

I was ecstatic to see that a new story was posted up and I was not disappointed by it in the least bit.

I loved every bit of this story. It was sweet and cute and romantic.

Wonderful job!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
yay!

well its about time! i was having withdrawals :(

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
5 stars babe.

It is totally hot.

funfun0587funfun0587over 13 years ago
I Loved it!

I am always glad to see a new story from you..it was beautiful, hot,etc. you get my point. I was beginning to think you weren't going to post another story for months. I love your stories!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Aw. I love a happy ending!

So glad Cliff didn't sacrifice who he was to stay with Kent. So glad Kent finally accepted who he was and got rid of those losers he called friends. So jealous Cliffy got such a handy guy to move in with him. :o) Well done. And hot, to boot!

Gilly99Gilly99over 13 years ago
Another awesome story!!

All the stories u have written were an awesome, and this great as well!!! Can wait to read more of ur lovely stories!!!! KEEP UP THE AMAZING WRITING!!

Jenni1228Jenni1228over 13 years ago
Great story

This is another great story! I was really engaged in the story of these characters and this relationship. I also liked how you shook things up a little with this one, and instead of the narrator being the character with major obstacles to overcome, it was the other character. It was a nice change of perspective. Looking forward to more, as always!

afrodita79afrodita79over 13 years ago
another geate story

love all your stories and this it's not an exception... greate i ting it going to be one of my fav... hope to read more from you

CarelessLoveCarelessLoveover 13 years ago
Very sweet.

Very sweet story. I love happily-ever-afters.^_^

no1manno1manover 13 years ago

Amazing, you made this with the right amount of drama, sex, and emotion. Just like you other stories this one is among my absolute favorites.

QhuayLoveQhuayLoveover 13 years ago
Second Chances

When I first read this story months earlier, I have to admit that it wasn't my favorite. My biggest struggle was trying to understand Kent's behavior while he was with his friends. It was also difficult for me when Cliffy accepted that and stayed with Kent. Instead of leaving a comment then I decided to hold off and come back to it later to see if I still felt the same way. I don't.

Kent had to go through this struggle where he questioned who he was, what defined him as Kent, what he wanted from life and how to deal with the scorn of others. Having to do that alone would have had to be excruciating.

On the other hand, Cliffy did nothing but defend Kent when his friends spoke badly of them. More often than not people wouldn't do that. It's as if a break up makes it right to speak ill of someone (who previously meant a lot to you) as if the feelings never were. I really respect Cliffy's his steadfastness and his courage to give Kent a second chance.

Thanks again Rob. I like that you made me think about this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Another brilliant story

I never normally post reactions to stuff I read on the web. Indeed a lot of the stuff in Literotica is crude porn, written by losers with no talent. YOU are not like that. You write brilliantly plotted stories with ingenious and unpredictable details and just the right amount of sex to keep your readers stiff (if male). I read a couple that were a bit similar and thought maybe this is formulaic, but after reading a number of quite different ones, I realised that I had encountered a master writer. Please keep up the good work (and keep your readers stiff!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago

I loved this! I especially liked that Cliff was a bit femme and wasn't ashamed about who he was. Gay folks need to stop being ashamed of the less butch guys in fiction and in real life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
more please

I really think this is one of your sexiest stories, and very romantic. i've read this a few times. Eagerly awaiting your next submission

AnonymousAnonymousabout 13 years ago
Great story and great writing

I'm another fan who checks frequently hoping you've posted another story. I've reread them all, some several times and each time notice nice subtle details of characterization that illuminate your characters' motivations and support your plotting.

Of course I found this site looking for porn. I'd first read "Tim and Hank" on Nifty, which I enjoyed very much, then followed you to this website. You balance the erotic elements with plot and character that is both erotically pleasing and artistic.

"My Handyman" is a superb story. I await your next. Thank you.

RyouichgoRyouichgoalmost 13 years ago
So romantic

I just love this story. It has enough romance to satisfy the romantic in me. And enough sex to satisfy the horny slut.

Kazehana552Kazehana552almost 13 years ago

I love Cliff. He's comfortable with who he is. Something I'm not, but the more I read stories about characters like Cliff, the more I allow myself to be who I am and not hide it. I love your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Cut to the chase

That is a great story -- the romance,the conflict, etc. but what keeps me coming back is the really hot sex -- the cumming while taking a big cock. This is one of the few stories that when I jackoff to it, I can go again immediately. Very hot!

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
A beautiful story!

Love, love, love this story!! :)

RoraRoraover 12 years ago
WOW

Everytime I read one of your story I am in awe. Great writing....I'm always sad when I read the last few words of the last chapter. Cliff was great and consistent i love how he wasn't a diva...so loveable and the way you wrote Kent..wow. As I said great writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
!!!!! WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!

LIVING IN THE HEART OF THE AMORAL MINORITY EVANGELICAL (SIC) SOUTH IN SELMA, AL, I KNOW WHAT KENT IS EXPERIENCING. AND, TO 'COME OUT' WOULD BE PROFESSIONAL SUICIDE. SO, I LIVE WITH THE HOPES AND DREAMS OF WHAT MIGHT BE. AND, ROBCUB ALWAYS GIVES ME HOPE THAT SOMEHOW THINGS MIGHT JUST BE DIFFERENT THIS SIDE OF THE VEIL.

MACK

curiousfemmecuriousfemmeover 12 years ago

I love your stories. The characters have real reactions to real situations, but love always wins out. I always find myself rooting for them, although I definitely got pissed at Kent for a while this time. Thank you for so many wonderful reading experiences!

pleaseuseme18pleaseuseme18about 12 years ago
Beautiful

I know I say this about all your stories. I just can't help it. They just are! I'm making my way through all your stuff. I find that I can't read anything other than romance. Everything else just feels so impersonal and unfulfilling.

dinkybootsdinkybootsalmost 12 years ago
mmmmmm

i read a lot of your stories.? this one didnt hit my happy button.. i found it dull slow and drawn out.? not spicey enough for me.? i hope you dont take offence at my comments as there only from me.? keep on writing x x x

andy190andy190almost 12 years ago

Well I just want to say WOW. That story really did it for me. I know I'm a real softy but as a married closet bi guy I really related. I CRIED! Thanks and keep 'em coming.

SexualAtheistSexualAtheistalmost 11 years ago
all

I have Officially read all your stories and i have to say your my favorite author on this site I have read the timber pack chronicles like 5 times, The Degan Incident 3 times Big Ben and its spin off 2 times and all your others at least once if not more. I Love all your Bears and wish i had one for myself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
I love Your stories

Ur storys r beautiful i love them i read all of them more than once nd please continue writing i loved this one..

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
6'5 200lbs isnt...

That isn't as big as you might think. Im only 6ft and 200lbs and I dont look big, just slim. Plus he has a belly in the story. He's probably not to muscular from the way he sounds. Good story though :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
And again... No words

I don't know how to describe you're stories... It's beyond words

So sooooo sooooooooo beautiful... Gosh...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Yet again an awesome story by robcub32, love his work!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
My Handyman...a must read

robcub32 is an amazing writer. You have quickly become my favorite. The Handyman was just awesome. I was in a very similar experience in real life but have not had the opportunity to get that second chance. But this is just a great story that anyone would enjoy reading

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Perfect!

All your stories are very good! I read them all... But it seems you stop writing! Your a good writer! I hope this year you'll have a new stories for us...please! Handyman is one of my favorite, like Nate and Rich. Thumbs up for you 👍🏽

JFG2000JFG2000over 7 years ago
Thank You

What a wonderful story - thank you for sharing your talent with us :-)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Bears

Well, it's not often I pick up "a book" with the same type of theme, but I do like this one , simply because it's the big guy that has the hang ups and the problems. Not that I'm a prude ,far from it nor am I out and out and out gay person, I'm just me 😎

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Loved it and love your stories

I love Cliff and Kent -- especially their growing love, and their mutual respect and attraction to each other. Their love is stronger because it is tested. I love Kent's body hair -- the hairy chest, abs, groin, forearms. Never let him shave!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
'lost friend

I once had a relationship similar, but I was the jerk. I have never got over my stupidity in losing him. Now I am 75 years old and think back on the true love I lost. D72F

Spadger2Spadger2over 6 years ago
Closet Gay

This is my second read of this story, robcub32, although I cannot find a previous comment. Every time I come to the literotica site I look to find your name to see if you have a new story here.

Whilst I enjoyed the eventual outcome in this story, there did not seem to be the same real love at the beginning - just a mutual interest in sex, even though they professed it to each other. Maybe, now that they are sharing a home and a bed on a permanent basis, that real love will grow and blossom, although I was earlier disappointed when Kent was afraid to come out to his "friends", it's a good thing that Cliff made the effort to forgive him.

I really enjoy the love and affection in such stories as "Bobby and the Cop", "Salvation", "Mac the Mechanic" etc., and particularly the vulnerability of the "little" guys in the stories along with the masculinity of the "tops" in the partnerships.

Love from Patrick X

Spadger2Spadger2about 6 years ago
Happy to "Come Out".

robcub32, I am not too sure how many times I have read this story, but it is so moving each time.

Every time I read one of your stories, I think that it is my favourite. But just know that I love them all, and am so pleased to read about the sincere love between two men in all of them.

And, so far, they are all stories I can read over and over again, because there is always something new that hits the heart (and can bring me to tears). And that is from someone who was in a heterosexual relationship for 56 years until my wife died nearly 4 years ago.

Much Love to you from Patrick (Spadger2) X

Spadger2Spadger2about 6 years ago
"Fucking" leads to Love!

What a rocky road Cliff has followed with Kent, and how difficult it must have been to take Kent back again after he let him down.

It seems that after Kent was able to accept his orientation, then he could accept who he really was, despite rejection by family and friends.

Let's hope their future remains stable and that they were properly accepting of each other from now on.

Love from Patrick X

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Byrne? Bryne? - which one is he, you have both spellings :)

Nice fairytale story!

Spadger2Spadger2almost 5 years ago
A Real Attraction

Having been in a heterosexual marriage for 56+ years, it was a bit difficult understand gay relationships. Even though I have felt an attraction to certain men at various times, I have never had anything taken further.

So pleased that Cliff and Kent were able to come to a mutual understanding. I pray that their relationship is able to stand the test of time.

Thank you, Rob, for your wonderful, understanding stories of love between men. I have read your stories on literotica over and over.

Love and blessings from Patrick X

Spadger2Spadger2over 4 years ago
Accepting Oneself

Maybe one has to go through all the trauma of break-up and reconciliation to really understand one's true sexuality before coming to terms with it.

Let's hope Cliff and Kent have properly faced up to reality and accepted each other as they really are, and the judgment of family and friends is not the deciding factor, and that the road ahead will be much smoother for them.

Maybe the break-up was what Cliffy needed to help him finish his studies.

Best wishes from Patrick.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
"You tell me you love me and then you run?"

Thank you for another great story in so many ways.

When I read my first story of robcub32 I was enthralled with the sex and the way it was written. Now I skip most of the sex and want to know the story line... interesting...

Your stories embrace, explain so many relationship 'things' that can be transferred to everyone, really.

Our / my fear, getting less, of intimacy that "You tell me you love me and then you run?" yes, yes, yes... I write this as the county I live in makes decisions about the coronavirus panic etc., etc., and how we all must keep our distance... and yet normally people keep their distance from fear of intimacy...

and in my own experience of friends and the gay scene: "After you broke things off... I was upset and then I was pissed off. I was so fucking pissed at you. You knew the terms of our relationship and you said it was okay."

exactly... Kent told Cliff the deal... I get it.. been there done that and then felt hurt when I realised I accepted the deal to soon. An acquaintance, in my opinion, has never got over his affair with a 'straight' married man, years ago... What sort of behaviour is it to know all the information and still press for someone to love us or we love them and then when it goes rotten we are / i am the one that screams blue murder... I love the way your writing brings all this 'shit' out...

I also love the way your writing pushes the edge of affection all the time.

Going for what one wants.

I have said it before but hardly can live by my own advice, but unless someone is draining your bank account and it is just emotional well then what is the problem... Pain of course. Cliff's friends were arseholes. I've had friends want me to not go out with someone and me be happy just so they can not be alone and yet when they found someone I get left alone... In your writing it seems that people step up to the line at the end with who they want or need or decide is good for them.

I remember reading a bit about the American Judge Judy - I hope i have it right. Her own father died and in the end after difficult times she divorced her husband of many years. BUT, they remarried some time later because they were better people Married that not married... Perfect I thought.

it was because of Judge Judy's books that I finally believed, as a gay man, in same sex marriage.. long story...

One of Cliffs friends said: "We care about you," Chip said. "If you really want to get back with Kent, I think that's great. But I also think you should be careful."

Good advice... what a friend... instead of dragging him out for drinks telling him to pick up someone in a dark corner.. yep, it might have worked if it wasn't Kent...

So much to say... thanks again for stirring me up with all these thoughts... from your writing about relationships and sex...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Storytelling

Thank you for the authenticity and emotional truth of your characters. After I finish your stories I find myself still thinking about the characters, which is unusual. Keep up the great work. I can see you writing successful novels with your level of skill.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Delightful!

I thoroughly enjoyed this story. Although Kent was stronger physically, Cliff was truly stronger of character. Your writing is so on point. I’m glad Cliff gave Kent another chance. Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Just great,

I’v read many of your stories. Your writing is excellent. It’s detailed, descriptive with wonderful character development. Cliff was so intelligent and grounded and I’m glad he helped Kent find himself. Cliff was the truly confident one. Great job.

RoamingcagedRoamingcagedabout 2 years ago

I think I love you 🤷🏾‍♀️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Kent: “you knew the terms of our relationship”

Kent really??? I’m glad u learned from it but that sentence triggers me off. How can u set rules on some you love? I wouldn’t have minded if thier relationship was casual but it wasn’t. Also u didn’t come out to your friends on purpose, it just happened out of your anger.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Tesrs spilling down my face

Brahms21Brahms21almost 2 years ago

I love this... I hope I find my own Kent soon... This is great Rob my fave author❤

BossqueenXXX78BossqueenXXX78about 1 year ago

Hey, author. First I have to say your stories are very well written, also I love that you've given the readers an in-depth look into the character's struggles and the journey it took for them to be their best selves, I look forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Anon 1 year ago,

This is just a clear sign that you can't read properly because Kent's speech literally after that made him realize how much of an ass he is thinking like that.

Regardless, "you know the terms of the relationship" can't be entirely dissed from Kent's perspective before he came out too. When reading this, you have to think about everyone's points of view. Sure, not gonna debate that dating with closet cases tend to be mess, and you just don't know which one is actually planning to come out or deciding to keep it a secret forever.

Again though, it really depends on the person's background. To be honest, both Kent and Cliff did an effective communication before they started becoming intimate by literally stating how he hasn't came out yet. Is it a bit of a dick move to say "you know the terms" at that point? Sure, but at the same time, it's not entirely unreasonable for him to think like that at the time, since he waved a danger sign earlier too by stating that "a lot of folks don't want to deal with this, you know, you sure?"

Also, what are you talking about with him not coming out on purpose? He realized he's not being fair to think of Cliff like that, and it must have been years of keeping all that in. It's just a matter of time for him to blow up.

You oversimplified his dilemma like that, it's just a sign that you are incapable of analyzing the text. Maybe try to be a human instead of a bull that gets pissed over seeing red and then throwing your existing brain cells, if any, out of the thinking process.

Farmer61Farmer616 months ago

Loved this story!!! Very hot!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous