My Journey Ch. 01 - Katherine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I dressed in slacks and a high neck thick sweater, forgoing a bra; I just didn't care. I entered the dining room and took a seat. There was an eerie quietness to the meal. I was getting more and more uncomfortable. I needed to break the silence.

"Will, I am sorry I wasn't able to spend time with you today like you wanted. Tomorrow maybe." He looked at me and just smiled nodding his head.

"Thank you Rich and Liz for helping Mother with me earlier. I took a sip of water. I am sorry to everyone for being selfish. I am just struggling with some school stuff."

My father decided to overtake the conversation, sharing that the entire family would assist at the church social hall for setup and cleanup of the New Year's Eve party. There was of course an exception for Will and Erin, Mary would babysit.

There was still an uneasiness in the air which got worse when my mother announced, "Katherine, earlier today while you were at your lunch, I spoke with Jenna, Patty and yes, Mary Beth's mothers and we agreed that you four girls would all work in the kitchen helping Jenna's mother with serving food. I am certain you will put aside the earlier struggles and act properly.

Ugh, just the way she was speaking, my harsher, strict, bipolar mother was back playing her role.

"Yes of course Mother."

Wednesday when I was outside with Will and Erin, the mailman came driving up the street. Erin ran down the steps and driveway to meet him. She came running as fast as her little legs could carry her. She was yelling my name and running towards me.

"Katherine, you have a letter the man said!" Seeing her run with the mail in my hand brought the first smile to my face in days. "You have a letter.."

"Thanks Erin. Will let's go inside for a bit."

As we entered the house, Erin handed the mail to our mother. She looked at me and I shook my head no.

"Fine, then I will open it." She said her face stoic.

She didn't blink when she opened the envelope and pulled out the transcript reading it. I watched her eyes moving up and down the page. She paused and folded the transcript back up, put it in the envelope and handed it to me.

"Put this on the dining room table for your father to see when he comes home young lady." She winked at me and smiled. "I knew you could do it. I am very, very proud of you."

A few hours later I received a hug and congratulations from my father. "I am so very proud of you."

***

I walked into the social hall making my way back to the cafeteria. I was nervous, scared and frankly afraid not knowing what to expect.

I chatted briefly with Jenna and Patty catching up on the last few months. Jenna was studying locally and Patty at State, which was about three hours away. Then I heard Mary Beth's voice from a distance. My stomach just spun in circles, I wanted to run and hide.

I was saved when Jenna's mother started handing out assignments as we had an hour until the crowd would arrive.

Jenna is who really saved me, she asked for some help back in the storage room carrying more paper products. I gladly went with her. As we were walking towards the back, she put a hand on my arm and stopped walking. I turned to her and she looked at me as if asking how I was. Tears welled up in my eyes.

She pulled me into a hug. She whispered to me, "Katherine, everything will work out. Mary Beth is still your best friend. She is sorry but needs some time to understand."

I pulled back, grabbing her shoulders and looked at her in shock. "What did she say?" I begged.

"Only that you two had a disagreement and that she was very upset at you but she admitted that she acted very childishly and without respect for you." She paused, helping me wipe the first tears from my cheeks.

"Katherine, she is really sorry. She told us how bad she feels."

I lowered my head and pulled my friend into a hug. It was only a matter of seconds and I started balling again.

"We knew something was wrong. We aren't blind silly girl. And let me speak for Patty, we are very happy you two are together. We really are."

She handed me a tissue from her pocket and told me to go to the restroom and clean up. We had work to do. It was less than five minutes later when I walked back to the cafeteria of the social hall. Guests started arriving; Jenna's mother had me assisting with serving the food, standing next to Mary Beth.

After the first surge of serving people, I bent my head down and whispered to her, "I never meant to hurt you. I love you so much."

I turned looking from side to side ensuring no one heard me. I then felt it. I dare not look down, potentially drawing attention to her. The back of her hand touched my hip.

"I am such a fool" she whispered, "My mother scolded me for screaming at you and for kicking you out of the car. Kathie, I went home and cried for two days."

"I haven't stopped crying Mary Beth." I admitted

The line of parishioners was building again. Jenna's mother hushed us saying there would be time later for chit-chat. We needed to pay attention to the guests of the party.

As a pan of roast beef was switched out, there was a pause in activity. Mary Beth leaned over and whispered in my ear, "It's MB, not Mary Beth."

I smiled; my heart ached to hold her. I started tearing up but held the tears back.

Father Krys made an announcement asking if we were done with our food, to allow the children to clear the dishes. It was an agonizing and endless evening, so it seemed. My feet were killing me; I wore the worst flats possible.

Once the dishes cleared away, we then pushed carts of desserts up and down the rows of tables offering them to the guests. I was thankful that I wasn't stuck in the back like MB and Patty running the dishes through the dishwasher. Eventually I was done with my dessert cart duties. I then went back to help with dishes.

With dishes completed, we stepped out of the cafeteria finding a table in the back of the social hall that was set aside for the four of us. We enjoyed tea and a dessert. The four of us counted down 10, 9, 8, 8, and so on welcoming 1981. Then it was back to work as people started to leave.

It was around 12:30 when most people started leaving. Most of the tables were cleared and the boys were taking the trash outside. The heartier partiers would stay till the end dancing. Music still played and couples danced.

I was daydreaming when I heard the most loving voice softly whisper, "I wish I was dancing with you."

Without a care in the world, I instinctively stood up, turned around and grabbed her by the wrist, "Follow me." And pulled her towards the exit of the social hall. As we passed the door of the cafeteria, I sort of screamed, "Small problem, we will be right back."

I pulled Mary Beth out the social hall exit and down the hall to the cooler room. As I opened the door, I pulled her into the dark room, closing the door behind me. I didn't hesitate. I wrapped my arms around her and brought my lips to hers, kissing her, hurriedly at first. I parted my lips and very cautiously let my tongue reach out and touch her lips.

It was electric. A spark like no other shot through my body, I trembled as the spark ran from my lips down my chest and to my vagina. My nipples were hardening, pressing, straining against my bra. I pressed my chest against hers. I felt our clothed breasts touch and I squirmed all over again. My knees shaking I felt lightheaded, like I would pass out.

I continued but with cautious, slow, and methodical sensual touches. I then withdrew my tongue and closed the kiss. One final kiss I thought as I pulled on her lower lip with mine.

As I did, I heard her make the prettiest sound. MB wrapped her arms around me tight, broke the kiss and started mumbling something of an apology.

I moved my hands cupping her face and looked into her beautiful brown eyes. "Shh, it's okay. I love you and will never purposely hurt you. Now kiss me once more and we better go back to help clean up."

I was in pure heaven the remainder of the night, which was well into the morning. We finished cleaning up and parted ways going home, promising to see each other soon.

***

It was a very blustery day when we, my father and I returned to campus and our dorm room that following Tuesday morning. There was no time for laziness; there was business to attend to. Father and I had a meeting with Major Nicholas.

We finished the meeting with Major Nicholas. My father insisted on driving me back to my dorm room which was only a few blocks away. I invited him up to our room but he insisted on heading home. I kissed his cheek and told him I loved him and asked him to send my love again to my mother, and my siblings.

I hurried up the steps to see MB. She told me her dad was dropping her off earlier in the day. This would be our first real moments alone since the Cabins Park on the 26th. My heart skipped a beat and was slightly saddened when I opened the dorm room only to find it empty.

I turned on the lights, took off my coat then saw the note on my bed.

"I saw your father pull away. Turn off the light, close the drapes, and strip to your panties Cadet. Sit on your bed and put on the blindfold. I will be back shortly." MB

I did as told, however I was a little chilly and goosebumps rose up across my entire body. Thankfully it wasn't but a few short minutes later when I heard a key being inserted into the door, the metallic click of the tumblers. The creaking of the door then it closed shut.

"Hmm good job Cadet." I heard in a very hushed and raspy voice. "At least we know you can follow instructions."

My senses seemed heightened. I heard a closet door open then close. There was silence. I felt the bed move, a knee on one side, a hand on my shoulder, then a knee on the other. Then another hand on my other shoulder.

I could smell her shampoo, the soft scent of peaches. Then I felt her body connect with mine as she sat down on my lap. My breath quickened, my heart started beating faster, there was an intensity I had never felt.

"I want to see you, please" I begged. "Please my love, allow me to look into your eyes, to see your face glow with love."

She kissed my forehead. She exhaled against my skin and slowly started kissing my face. I brought my hands up to touch her. I felt her naked body, the soft skin of her back. She stopped her kisses.

"No no! Put your hands on the bed Cadet. This is all about patience and me loving you."

She began kissing me again, this time my neck, then my cheeks then finally my lips. Her hands cupped my face; I felt her tongue slowly caress my lips. I was squirming.

"Now Kath, let your hands wander touching me." she paused, "Kath, hmm how does that sound? MB and Kath. I like it ... a lot!"

We continued kissing as my hands floated across her back, her sides and slowly down to her bum. She was naked; I felt nothing but her skin. I then realized and felt her full body pressing into mine as I pulled her closer to me. Our naked breasts touching for the first time. I mewed, she was purring. It was right.

I pulled her whole body into me as her tongue pressed against my lips. I opened them allowing her tongue to gain entrance. Her tongue seeking out mine. We slowly and carefully kissed deeper, exploring each other's mouths. I stopped the kiss; I pulled back and paused for a moment.

"MB please let me kiss your body. I want to feel you, to taste you. I need to feel you, now."

The heat from my vagina continued to moisten my panties. My nipples were hard, aching and pressing against hers. Knowing she was fully naked only intensified this desire to touch her all over.

I had needed to see her, so I begged, "My eyes, please I want to remember this until the day I die. The first moments we make love, please."

I felt her hand move up my back, resting momentarily on my shoulders. She kissed my neck, intensifying everything. Again and again her lips gently caressed my neck and face. Then I felt her fingers move upwards through my hair, her movements very deliberate movements. Her fingernails scratched at my scalp.

I felt the tug of the blindfold, it was released. She pulled my hair back and kissed my throat, softly upwards until she met my lips. My eyes still closed enjoying her movements. As her lips came in contact with mine she moved effortlessly laying us down on our sides, never letting go of each other.

Our arms and legs intertwined. My hands lowered to her breasts like I had once before, caressing her, touching her, ensuring every inch of her body was enjoyed. I gently tugged at her nipple, she begged for more.

Our touches intensified. I focused on her breasts and upper body. I now took charge kissing her, taking what I wanted. I pulled her hair back, gently kissing her neck then down her chest. I licked at her under breast. Up through the valley of her breasts, around, a figure eight completed, only licking and kissing the outside and undersides of her breasts.

"No more teasing" she grabbed my head and pointed my mouth to her nipple, as if she was breastfeeding she moved my open lips to her right nipple. I felt her shutter; she moaned and pressed her lower body hard into me. She was moving with the rhythm of my kisses. Her breathing intensified. My hands moved to her bum pulling her firmly against my cotton panties.

I nipped at her nipple and tugged it with my teeth. She gasped, squirmed and softly bit down on my shoulder, her organs overtook her. I was shocked when I felt a warm gush of wetness flood my lap. She let out a moan, the likes I had never heard as she collapsed against me.

Her body continued to quiver as her breathing slowed. MB's arms relaxed against me. She moved her head up and kissed my cheek then my lips.

"Kath I don't know what you did to me but I promise it was the most amazing feeling ever."

"I am just starting" I slowly kissed down her body, trying to cover her entire body with kisses. Down her side, across her stomach up the other side to her shoulder, then to her throat. I paused, "I love you!"

I kissed down, through the valley of her breasts, down her torso, to her navel. I didn't pause; I kissed to the left down to her mons. I slowly used my hands to open her legs.

"Baby" I heard her just shaking my head from left to right. Lifting my head, "Shhh"

I continued gently kissing; now moving across feeling her soft hair. I licked then kissed her right thigh. Her womanly scent drove me. I was a wanton woman now. I needed this, no! I wanted this.

I continued planting soft kisses until I met her folds. Her most private personal area, I was not exploring, kissing. I opened my mouth, still unsure, I drew her lips into my mouth gently, touching, kissing, and releasing them. I flattened my tongue licking up to her clit.

She gasped! I continued kissing, finding her nub again.

"Yes, there, more."

So I continued. As inexperienced as I was, I just listened to her voice, her breathing. Yes the nub, kissing licking them I drew it gently into my mouth sucking it. This was it. Her hands moved to my head, grabbing my hair and pulling me tight against her.

She moaned, she then screamed as her orgasm overtook her. I felt her love; I heard her love and found I loved how sweet she tasted. I wanted more. This was my first experience and I couldn't get enough. I wanted her to be mine from not until eternity.

Leaving her with one more gentle kiss I moved up the bed and pulled her into me, her head now resting on my shoulder as we cuddled.

We lay there basking in the love we felt for each other. I teased her that we were sleeping in her bed tonight as it wasn't soaking wet like mine. She rolled over and kissed me deeply then teased right back telling me to wait until she got her hands on me.

We kissed then agreed to get showers as we now needed food for nourishment. Later that night, as we lay in her bed, I looked over to my desk and snickered seeing my bed sheets laundered, folded and just sitting there until the morning when I felt like making it. Now when did she do laundry? That sneaky little girl.

As we were drifting off to sleep, MB kissed my cheek and said, "I was supposed to love you Cadet, not the other way around. Next time baby, I promise."

I kissed her, and then wrapped her in my arms where she belonged, her back to my chest being her big spoon. "This is all I need MB"

***

May 1984

Mom was thrilled that I drove home for Mother's Day Mass only to need to drive right back to campus as I had two finals the following Monday. It is what daughter's do. It was only four hours of total driving.

I was collecting my books after my NCLEX-RN group study session when my professor approached me, "Katherine, Dr. Swift would like to see you."

"Yes ma'am, I will make my way to her office now." I replied and thought to myself. Why does the Dean of the School of Nursing want to see me?

"Very well, I will call her then." Mrs. Brockmeier said.

It was ten minutes later that I walked into Dr. Swift's outer office lobby. I was asked to have a seat. The woman behind the desk called Dr. Swift and informed her I was here. I was sitting in the lobby for maybe five minutes having no idea what was going on when I heard the phone ring.

"Of course Dr. Swift, I will send her right in." She nodded at me, "She will see you now. You are to leave your books and bag with me."

I was now flustered, what was going on. I knocked politely.

The door opened, and I was greeted by Dr. Swift. She walked me in and my jaw dropped. There sat my parents!

"Father! Mother! Is everything alright?" I moved forward hugging them both. My father just smiled as did my mother who then kissed my cheek. "May I ask why you are here?"

"Cadet Dougherty!" Col Daniels said. "I was sharing with your parents and Dr. Swift, what an honor it has been having you as a Cadet during your three years here in ROTC. You will certainly make the Army Nurse Corps and this academic institution proud."

"Yes, Sir. Thank you but I am..."

Dr. Swift interrupted. "Katherine each year bachelor and graduate degree nursing program across the US nominates students for induction into the Sigma Theta Tau International Society."

She paused looking at my parents, "As I shared earlier because of Katherine's excellence in academics, her GPA, her leadership in class and as a student leader, she was already selected as a Student Sigma Theta Tau inductee. Katherine, I am honored to announce that based on your academics, your achievements in ROTC, at the school, in and also outside of the classroom, and in your local church community here, you have been invited, as a graduate nurse, to become a member of the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing."

"Mr. and Mrs. Dougherty, Sigma Theta Tau is among the most prestigious organizations in the world and exists to recognize superior achievements in nursing academics, education and to enhance nursing leadership development."

Dr. Swift concluded by saying that she wanted to tell us in person as the school only nominated one student each year. I was the first in five years to receive this honor as STTIS is a by invitation only society.

We were invited to dinner that night but my parents politely declined as then needed to return home. Dr. Swift and Col Daniels extended the invitation to dinner Saturday night before graduation. I didn't need to be out of the dorms until Tuesday. We all gladly accepted.

***

I stood in front of the mirror wearing white heels, with a very basic strap and buckle, nude pantyhose and a slip that covered down to just above my knees. My makeup was finished and I was trying to do my hair.

"Katherine, I can assist if you want. Notice I didn't say Kath as you are supposed to be leaving here in less than ten minutes. So no, I will not caress that beautiful sensual almost naked body making you wet your panties."