My Journey Ch. 02 - Katherine

Story Info
Continuing the journey of Katherine and Mary Beth.
13.7k words
4.8
8k
21
13

Part 2 of the 9 part series

Updated 04/30/2024
Created 08/05/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My Journey - Chapter 2

A/N- Please enjoy this story of life, discovery and love. This is a multi-chapter at times a slow burn story. Let's call the slow burn elements background and character building. Thank you for your previous comments, I am humbled. I will continue to try and improve the story for your reading pleasure. KAD

Katherine

I love my job as an Army Nurse. When I was first assigned to the hospital in mid-October 1984 after completing the Army Nurse Corps Officer Basic Course, I was working on the Medical-Surgical ward as do most new Army Nurses. The nurse to patient ratio was about eight to one. It wasn't difficult or tedious, it was good, hard work and it was serious, treating soldiers and family members, adults and children, as well as some retirees that lived in the local community. I would always ask my nurse manager for the most challenging patients, I wanted to get better as a nurse.

I had been assigned to the Med-Surg unit for three months. After a meeting with my nurse manager and the manager of the PCU, I was to be moved there. The leadership saw how my clinical skills were not being challenged with the Med-Surg patients.

That move would need to be approved and would happen in two weeks. Major Spells, the manager of the Med-Surg floor told me I deserved the acuity move up as my skills were really good. I would start on the midnight shift, rotating out to a new shift every two weeks.

And so it was set. We work two weeks of a shift, midnights, then afternoons, then day shift, a few days off after each shift then we start again. I am fine with that type of schedule.

The patients in the PCU were higher in need than those in the Med-Surg but didn't need constant care like in an ICU. That was my goal, to be an ICU nurse.

The PCU unit here has 18 patient beds and the unit is usually full. We always had three nurses and three LPN's on staff.

Professionally I was doing well, now personally, I took another step growing out of the shell per se.

On March 1st of '85, I moved out of the BOQ's on post and decided to get my own apartment. Plus they were filling up with more female officers and I was slightly more senior. Therefore, I got a second floor apartment in Hinesville; it was a nice newer place. There was a faux balcony but the slider looked out over the parking lot and when I opened the door, there was a nice breeze that helped keep the place cool in the spring, so far.

I finished my second month working on the PCU when Major Johnson-Hall, my unit manager, brought me into her office and wanted to speak with me. I was immediately worried.

We discussed how things were, how the shifts were, especially how hard midnight shifts were, and how I felt I was getting along with everyone. She wanted to let me know from what she heard from the other nurses and peers. Apparently, I was a pleasure to work with and was doing great work. She just wanted to give me some feedback and I deserved it. I was very appreciative and when our meeting completed, I headed home.

I got home around 7:15 that morning and decided I would shower when I woke up. I stripped to my panties and a t-shirt and just as I lay down I heard my phone ring. I considered answering it but let the answering machine pick it up.

"Hey Katherine! Her voice was soft, "I love you still from now until the end of eternity. I hope you love me the same. I will call at 6:15 tonight. Bye!"

Ohh my dear Mary Beth how loving she is, I missed seeing, holding and kissing her so much.

This current string of midnight shifts, working 10pm - 6am was wearing on me and I had one to go until my 'long weekend' which would be Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I would then switch to the afternoon shift on Sunday. Far easier on a sleep schedule as it was 2pm -10pm. Things like getting my hair done, shopping, exercising at the fitness center, running, and well just a sense of normality were so much easier when working afternoon's.

I woke up around 2:00 pm on Wednesday, got dressed and headed to the fitness center on post for a hard workout and then a shorter; 3 miles run, keeping myself in the best shape possible. Ninety minutes later I was dripping sweat. I jumped into my Cj7 Jeep and headed home. Walking in the door, I turned on the radio, Rock FM 101.1, and jumped into the shower, stripping off my top, sports bra, spandex and shorts letting the shower rinse out the sweat.

When I got out of the shower, I hung my running clothes to dry, I threw on panties, shorts and a fresh t-shirt then opened the slider letting some fresh air in as I fixed my food. I laughed to myself not knowing what meal you call it when eating breakfast food at 4 o'clock in the afternoon.

I sat down with two eggs over-easy, wheat toast with a little jam, and a bowl of cottage cheese and strawberries. I needed the protein fix. I heard a car door close but went about my breakfast. I thought I heard some folks talking outside in the parking lot.

Simple Minds was playing, Don't You Forget About Me from the Breakfast Club movie. I had seen it, it was cute. I remembered thinking back, which character best represents me, if any. I was so straight laced in high school. Then my door buzzer for my apartment rang.

Thinking to myself, who would be visiting me, they must have the wrong apartment.

The advantage of a parking lot facing slider is that I could look out and get a glimpse of who was at the main outside entrance. I peered out not seeing anyone, and then heard the buzzer again. I walked to the control panel, which was near the front door and pressed 'Talk.'

"Yes? Who is it?"

Then it heard it, a soft breathy voice "MB"

"MB! What!" I yelped. I was in shock.

I pressed the button allowing access, grabbed my keys that hang on the hook, opened the door and ran down the short hall, then turned. As I was about to head down the steps I saw her walking up the steps.

I collapsed, falling to one knee in a blubbering, crying mess. She squealed my name seeing me, as she now ran up the final steps to the second floor landing. I felt her arms around me pulling me up, standing and hugging each other.

We stood at the top of the steps in the empty hallway just hugging. "Inside please quickly Kathie."

I broke the hug, "Yes, yes."

I refused to let go of her hand as we walked a very short distance to my apartment. Mary Beth whispered in my ear to hurry us as I jammed the key into the lock and opened the door.

We were barely in my apartment when we both wrapped our arms around each other and softly kissed each other. Our kiss deepened, and then I broke away.

"What are you doing here?" I hugged her again, "I mean don't get me wrong I am elated but..." I pulled her into a hug again then let go. Pushing her back slightly.

"Let me look at you."

"Kath, I am here through Sunday. I have a flight home on Sunday afternoon. I had some time off and needed to see you."

We slowly kissed again. "What time do you work tonight?"

I was able to stop my tears of joy. "I work from 10-6 so I leave here at 9:20 and am usually home by 6:30 or 6:45. But then I am off until Sunday afternoon."

I paused, this playfully slapped her shoulder. "Mary Beth, you know my schedule and purposely planned this, didn't you?"

She just started smiling and pulled me into a hug. "Yes Katherine because I love you and you are mine and only mine from now until the end of eternity."

"Well then" I took her hand. "We have a few hours before you go to sleep and I leave for work."

We walked hand in hand down the hall as I led her to my bedroom. We immediately fell onto the bed kissing each other. Our hands roaming each other's body. Mary Beth's touch was light, her fingers caressing my arms.

I pulled back from my kiss and smiled saying, "MB, baby, this is the happiest I have been in months, this moment, here, now."

I slowly rolled on top of her as her hands cupped my face. I lowered my lips coming in contact with hers. I felt her hands move up my arms to my shoulders, then to my scalp.

"Please, yes please." Breaking her kiss, I felt her fingers run through my hair, scraping my scalp. "MB ohh what you do to me."

I felt my nipples harden pressing against my t-shirt. I needed to feel her; I needed to feel her gentle touch and her warm skin against mine.

I sat up, her hands breaking contact with my head; I moved my fingers to the bottom of her beautiful powder blue button up blouse. It was then I realized what a pretty color this blouse was and frankly the first I noticed what she was wearing.

I slowly started unbuttoning her blouse, from the bottom button up. She looked into my eyes, biting her lower lip. I smiled as my fingers felt her skin for the first time in months. I moved to the next button, slow methodical and yes teasing her. I moved my fingers further up, with three buttons remaining closed.

The next undone and as I opened pulled her blouse open I exposed the bottom of her lacy bra. I bent down and kissed her skin then licked down to her belly button kissing my way back up.

Her scent filled my nose as I unbuttoned another button exposing more of her lace covered breasts.

She started breathing heavier; she was slowly moving her head from side to side. "Please Kath, no more teasing; I have waited for months, not touching myself, waiting for you and you alone."

I pulled back in surprise. "Baby, never stop, but promise you will think of me and me alone."

I knew I needed to please her. I was a woman on a mission now. She came all this way to see me. But I wanted to be loving, not too aggressive, for now.

Another button undone and her bra encased breasts were almost fully exposed; I started kissing her firm mounds, my nose in the valley between her breasts. Her hands now on my head, her breathing intensified.

"Fuck" she cursed softly, "No more teasing please." Her hands left my head unbuttoning the last button. Her movements were swift as she tried to sit up, pulling her blouse off and wrestling with her bra.

MB reached up kissing me deeply while wrapping her hands around my back then moved them slowly to my head, pulling my mouth down to her left breast. I kissed around and under her breast. I teased her nipple with my lips. I gently sucked her red hard bud. As I released it from my mouth, I nipped at the hardened raspberry sized bud dragging my teeth against it.

MB moaned in pleasure lifting her bum off the bed pressing her still clothed lower body against me. I kissed down her body as her hand gripped my hair, almost her hand hurriedly pushing me to her womanhood.

I paused, "Someone is still a bit overdressed." I stopped kissing, allowing my hands to now roam over her hips, then come underneath cupping her ass. MB squealed in desire.

Her hands left my head coming to the front of her jeans as she hurriedly unbuttoned them pulling her zipper down. I gripped her jeans pulling them down frantically and as quickly as possible exposing her lace covered mons and bare legs.

"You are heaven and a picture of beauty." I said as I lowered my head kissing her pubic mound. "I can't wait any longer MB" I said as I quickly pulled her panties off, tossing them aside.

I was impatient as I kissed her closely trimmed landing strip as my hands spread her legs in an assertive manner. My finger moved, spreading her wet outer lips. Kissing down I pressed my nose against her bud and inhaled deeply. Her aroma and sweet flavor now drove my passion while realizing I was soaking my own panties.

I waited no longer, I flattened my tongue and licked down as far as I could reach then cupping her bum, I lifted her body gaining full access, and I pulled her into my mouth piercing her pussy with my tongue.

This was paradise, kissing the most intimate of places of the woman I love, feeling her wetness, tasting her sweet honey, knowing I was bringing her the pleasure she not only desired but deserved. Up and down, around her inner lips, then circling her clit, sucking it gently, then with my tongue , I attempted a final act of pleasuring her as I spelt out my name, letter by letter, licking her clit.

Her scream of passion was the trigger, one final time I pushed my tongue as deep as I could into her trying to fill her. The bed shook; she moaned my name, her hands grabbed at the base of my hair pulling me deeper. A final loud moan as her orgasm over took her, her honey flowing wetting my face, filling my heart and soul with love and happiness. I drank her in, knowing we were one again.

I kissed up her body, leaving a final kiss in the valley of her breasts then moved up, rolling over flat on my back, pulling her into a lover's snuggle. Smiling as I listened to her breath sounds calm as we were one again. I was whole again as I made love the only woman I would ever love.

We lay there, just snuggling when she finally spoke. Gently, softly, she kissed my still shirt covered body, "You are my everything Katherine, my Kath."

I was startled awake when I felt her roll away from me. I opened my eyes to see the most beautiful naked woman walking into the bedroom.

Moments later she returned, "I found my panties but they were wet, I can't find my bra. It seems someone tossed it across the room in haste." She smiled and laid down curling into her favorite spot.

I kissed her cheek, "MB did you call your parents letting them know you arrived safely?" I felt her head move up and down.

"They know. I told them I was couch surfing with you these three days. They want pictures from us visiting historic Savannah."

"Then that is what we will do. And we can then go to Tybee Island." I suggested, "If I can get a little sleep when I get done with my shift we can go okay?"

Mary Beth kissed my cheek, telling me she would make me some dinner as she interrupted my breakfast when she showed up unexpectedly. I was instructed to go take a shower and allow her to "serve and minister to her favorite Army Nurse".

I was as giddy as Will and Erin were every Christmas morning as Mary Beth made us dinner and sat there holding hands, both just smiling.

My shift lasted for forever. This was the first time in my Army career that I had someone to go home to. I was extremely impatient. It was still dark as I pulled into the apartment parking lot, sunrise wasn't for another hour. I was excited to be home as I knew Mary Beth would be there, in my apartment, in my bed.

My heart beat quicker, my smile wide, my face joyful but my body tired for a full evening's work. I hoped she wouldn't pick up on that or be upset.

As quietly as I could, I took up the steps to the apartment. I opened the door quietly remembering Mary Beth liked to sleep in sometimes but was surprised when I saw her sitting in the living room, reading a book. She smiled, put the book down and stood to greet me. With a smile and a soft kiss on my lips, I wrapped my arms around her.

"I could get used to this MB." We kissed again and I pulled back. "MB I am sorry, I really am but, I need a shower and a little sleep before we go anywhere. Please."

She kissed me and walked me back to the bedroom. I saw a t-shirt and a fresh pair of panties sitting out. I noticed the sheets were changed and laundered. As I stripped, Mary Beth walked out of the room and into the bathroom. I heard the shower turn on; I tossed my nursing whites into the hamper.

She walked out of the bathroom telling me that if I needed anything I was to let her know as she would be in the living room.

"Please leave my uniforms; I will get them later this week before work on Sunday afternoon."

I showered and dressed in the t-shirt she left for me, forgoing the panties. As I lay down on the bed, I called to her. "MB, baby? Would you mind lying with me for a few minutes?"

I laughed when I heard a playful noise from her then the stomping of her feet as she scampered to me. I then felt the mattress shift as she became the big spoon.

"Wake me at 10:00. I don't want to sleep too long; I want to visit with you."

I felt her hands holding me gently, her fingers running through my hair. Sleep overtook me.

I woke but not with the sound of a voice or an alarm. I woke with the feeling of soft kisses on my stomach, navel and my recently neatly trimmed pubic mound. I moaned softly only hearing that I wasn't to move.

"This is all mine Kath, please let me love you."

And love me she did, bringing me to several body shaking and mind shattering orgasms, and a high that seemed to not stop.

Once I calmed down and relaxed, I begged her with not only my eyes but my hands pulling her up to my curling against me in a moment of tenderness.

"MB, what you just did was the most amazing extension of your sexual love for me I have ever felt." I kissed her once more, "mine and mine alone for now until the end of eternity."

We finally got out of bed just before lunchtime. After showering again and dressing we headed out to lunch, a local BBQ place that was just outside of Hinesville in the town of Pembroke.

We drove around with the top off my Jeep, seeing the sights of Savannah, Tybee Island and the coast of Georgia. We were cautious in public, not touching or holding hands, we didn't kiss. We didn't need to because we knew we loved each other.

On Saturday when we first returned from historic Savannah, MB declared my apartment a "t-shirt and panties only" uniform or zone. In my apartment and behind closed doors we were free to share our love for each other expressing it in different ways, from a simple touch, to a kiss, to making love.

At times, we laughed so hard that we almost peed on my couch. What really mattered? We were with each other, that's all we cared about.

During our time together, Mary Beth shared how she enjoyed her job working in the finance office at the School of Pharmacy. She recounted how she had landed a job immediately after I left. I loved listening to how smart she was and the responsibilities she was given in working with the incoming students for tuition challenges and assisting them with budgets.

Saturday night was depressing, sad, but also very enjoyable. We made passionate love into the early morning hours of Sunday. We fell asleep in each other's arms with a promise again that we were committed to each other for eternity.

We both cried when I dropped her off at the airport Sunday. It was around 11:00 that I kissed her, knowing I had about a 45 minute's drive back to the apartment, the change for my shift.

I held her as long as I could. The tender touches of her finger leaving mine threw me into a sudden fit of tears.

Mary Beth cupped my face in her hands and whispered, "Hold that passion and love deep in your heart until I see you again in September."

With a final kiss on the lips, I pulled away heading home. Then to the hospital for my shift; two weeks of afternoon shift on the PCU. I was extremely sad but I smiled the whole time, refreshed knowing the woman I loved, loved me just as much.

***

September 1985

My alarm woke me Thursday morning like any other of my recent typical mornings but this morning's alarm was different; special. Not only because I was only working half of the day today but I was also going home for a long weekend and my first time home since graduating college, passing my boards and leaving for the Army.

I was on the training rotation this week away from my normal duties at the PCU. Today was a non- PT day but I love running. I put on my running clothes, sports bra, spandex, t-shirt, shorts and shoes, and then grabbed my cassette player with my running mixed tape and headphones for my listening pleasure while on my run. Leaving my apartment, I glanced in the hallway mirror and smiled and hoped that MB would recognize me with slightly shorter hair.