All Comments on 'My Life as a Rat'

by stev2244

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
This was very well done.

It fit perfectly into the Gothic Horror genre. The story was well written and plotted. It actually wasn't much of a stretch from reality. Full marks from me! Thanks for all the work for us readers. It is appreciated.

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 5 years ago
That worked really well

Echoes of Edgar A. Poe, but with a modern, Speculative Fiction twist which worked really well,

ohioohioabout 5 years ago
Really really dark

and even somehow believable, in a supremely twisted way. Well-done!

Thanks, ohio

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Terrific

Well done. It was terrific.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Thoughts

Lost points for dissing Roy Orbison!

Door jambs are the sides of a door frame, you don't look above them.

Pretty cool - other than putting down Roy!

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958about 5 years ago
A powerful and brutal psychological thriller.

This should be read and appreciated by thousands. I HOF effort for which I am very grateful to you for writing. Outstanding story. Randi.

Todd172Todd172about 5 years ago
One of my favorites

This is reminiscent of the old pulp "Chillers" the pre World War Two horror pulp magazines, complete with mad scientist, mostly helpless victim, and even a broad shouldered square jawed hero. Thought it was great from the first draft.

Bebop3Bebop3about 5 years ago
Fucked up

in all the best ways. Nice job, Mr. 2244.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent

Dark, tense, evocative and deeply immersive. A great read.

Thanks!

5*

SKHPSKHPabout 5 years ago
Excellent gripping psycho-horror

Well done; 5 *.

(IMO, you deserve even more than that - being not a native speaker of the English language.)

rodryder44rodryder44about 5 years ago
Good Reading

Akin to Edgar A Poe, or Alfred Hitchcock. I was beginning to enjoy her horror and hoped she would explore some more. The sudden ending was slightly disappointing. Very nice story.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingalmost 5 years ago
Disturbing but entertaining

I'm not a reader of horror but i got started on this and got sucked in. Thank you for the story... maybe part 2 could be in the LW category where the fallout of her torture triggers events.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I imagined a different ending

I loved the story, I really did. I just wanted to add that it triggered my imagination for a different kind of ending.

In my mind Tim was rather creepy because he adapted so quickly to his situation. Also he guessed right that the kidnapper viewed this as some kind of marriage considering that he didn't know that Dani was actually called "wife". It's no surprise that kidnappers would grow infatuation within their victims, sure, but the word "marriage" was kind of a red flag for me, borderline uncanny because of the initial husband-wife hateful moment in the beginning.

So in my fantasy ending, all of your story is exactly the same except for when Dani and Tim get home and into some really steamy sex, and as she reaches her climax (maybe 3rd or 5th orgasm, to the point that she is completely exhausted and having surrendered to him) he then whispers to her "Good Girl" and does his familiar chuckle watching her widen her eyes in horror as the realization that everything was orchestrated hits her.

So I guess I was actually hoping for a little bit more erotic and a little bit more horror as I was reading. It truly ended too quickly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
good story, but…

what's up with the twin machines, the "greater evil" in the great hall &c?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Superbly creepy, the labyrinth and its traps

It put me in mind a little of a 1965 William Wyler film, The Collector, based on John Fowles's story of the same name.. Not that it's derivative of The Collector, but rather that it frightens in a similarly sinister fashion. Bravo! Real, bone-level horror you've made here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Greater evil????

Was there a greater evil? what was going on with that?

ribnitinribnitinover 3 years ago

Great story, well paced. THe first page was difficult to read. You kept the torture on long enough to convey Dani's mood, without going overboard. The rescue was well developed and played out. I generally avoid erotic horror, but am glad I read this one.

Hooked_on_SmutHooked_on_Smutalmost 3 years ago

The story is written well. However, apart from a bit of kissing and ultra light fondling, there's no sex?? Not even a BJ. Not even after the escape with Tim. Walter didn't even fondle her or take advantage of her. Where's the erotic part? This should be placed in the Non Erotic category.

FreakpowerFreakpowerabout 2 years ago

Ich fand sie nicht so doll😌 mal schauen was die nächste sagt.😉

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Dang, you found me out and wrote about me…….

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This was not to good dragged on to much unless information that didn't play well into the story but that's just my thoughts on the story even with it was well written

BladdddddddBladddddddd10 months ago

It was cathartic when Walter bought it, but nowhere near enough for me. After the intensity of the introduction to Dani and her situation more details of normal life afterwards would have been really appreciated. Still, amazing work. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I thought it was a good story. Definitely chilling. As to the unknown evil… it might have been something, it might not. We are dealing with a psychologically scarred woman who has been physically broken down and is drugged.

I was with friends exploring an abandoned house in the woods. We weren’t exactly quiet, but something felt off. We explored most of the house (creepy type spray paint designs on the walls, some trash, rotted wood). But that basement…. I was the “leader” but I couldn’t go down there. I got halfway down the stairs, but it seemed wrong so we left. I have no idea if someone was down there, if there was something bad down there, but I’m writing now so overall, good choice.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous