All Comments on 'My Little Ventrue Pt. 06 Ch. 05'

by NovusAnimus

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
njs132njs132almost 4 years ago
I loved this chapter

This was so well written, even without the sex. The dealing with real difficult emotions, how those emotions interact with the mindset of these fantastic beings, and how each of the different character’s unique perspectives on the same event All come together to make a powerful event even more so. Thank you for writing this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Love your story, thank you

Great chapter. Been following since chapter one, love every chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Bravo

A great chapter that fills up very nicely the previous one, which I felt was a bit weak.

Anything more and I would do a disservice to this chapter, that's how good it was.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Excellent installment.

I'm especially loving your clan based personification of your kindred's beast, asserting itself. The constant struggle of drawing upon the power of the beast without succumbing to the beast is one of Vampire's coolest and possibly most defining tropes.

You're nailing it. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

This story is better than getting a rim job at five in the morning

yeetyeetyeet18yeetyeetyeet18almost 4 years ago
Excellent writing, but I

Hey Novus,

Hope you're staying safe and doing well under quarantine.

I thoroughly enjoyed your writing and the varying perspectives from each of your characters as they realised what happened to Jack. The writing was phenomenal and I felt the emotions of each character vividly, a beautiful piece.

However, I didn't really feel Jack's response in this chapter as much. It felt more detached, like from before his family had died and he was just opening up as if nothing else had happened. It feels like he's already gotten over his grief and has moved on to another problem he's dealing with. I dunno, I just expected a little more feeling from Jack.

The above is primarily based my personal opinion, so not a hit against your writing of any sort. I love all of your work and am eagerly looking forward to the next chapters!

Thanks

NovusAnimusNovusAnimusalmost 4 years agoAuthor
To those worried about Jack's emotional reaction

To those worried about Jack's emotional reaction, here's a spoiler-free explanation.

I felt like I wanted to go for a more realistic reaction to a family member's death, versus the reaction most stories use. In almost all storytelling, especially in the fantasy genre, deaths are powerful and met with immediate, powerful reactions from those involved. In real life, this is rarely the case. People almost never react to a death with immediate emotional outbursts. People often go through phases, before ever coming to an eventual emotional reckoning. Many start off in shock, and go through 'motions', dealing with the aftermath of a death like handling funeral preparations, until they finally realize the gravity of what's happened days, or even weeks later. Others, like Jack, who have made an effort to keep their emotions in a box and out of the way for many years, struggle to even access the emotions trying to surface. To someone like Jack, the immense sadness that comes with his current situation is like a clogged bottleneck in a 'sadness' pipeline, especially because his mental resources have become so devoted to another pipeline before this incident: rage.

Don't worry, I'm not done exploring this incident or how it's affecting Jack, not at all.

There's lots of little plots some people seem to think I've abandoned, when in reality they're just cooking in the fire. Gary and Terra Den, Avery and her date with a human, the various named and unnamed spirits in the Shadow Realm, the evidence that Maria is involved in something sinister, Daniel's frequent absence, and Clara's interest in Jack. Others too! Lots of subplots, lots of little things, and some big things, all happening and have been for many Parts now, all have 'end points' that I've plotted and am heading toward. The same can be said for characters and their development and growth. To get that development to seem real, it takes time. Unfortunately with serial chapter releases, it might seem like I've left some things flat, when it's just taking me time to get back to them, and reading my releases as they come out can sometimes pause the story in very awkward parts.

Meme reference: These things, they take time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Wow

Great to hear from you again. I agree that in reality the death of a loved one doesn't always in dramatic displays of emotion. It does differ from person to person, and it seems in character for Jack to be affected this way. Was wondering about Daniel (the most mysterious in the series, moreso than Jacob!) and Maria (who I bet has found out about Lucas). Impressive that you've plotted all of these out. That's some Robert Jordan level planning!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago

but when does the peepee go into the titty again plz make it soon

SensualSigmaSensualSigmaalmost 4 years ago
I wonder things.

After this last chapter I wondered if a Kindred ever entered an altered mental state to commune with their beast. Get to know them better and maybe allow them more access in exchange for greater power.

I wondered if they were different after a torpor because the beast managed to take more mental real estate.

I wondered if a kindred ever stopped trying to control their beast, accepted it and tried becoming a gestalt entity, how that would look.

Seems like if something like that was possible, but thus far unknown it would suprise the fuck out of the hunters and give them a leg up. Ah but how to control The Altered after the hunters are gone?

Life's an awkward cunt sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Hey Novus

Can't the wolves just wear something impervious to silver or maybe the kindreds could get some extinguishers

Mehn! Your story is.... One of my top 5

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNovusAnimus@NovusAnimus
Check out my Patreon to see what I'm working on, get involved, vote on things, and check out art: https://www.patreon.com/AniNovu Every chapter/story I write will first be available on Patreon, and then Literotica 12~ days later! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Currently Writing:...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES