All Comments on 'My Love Saved Your Marriage'

by NoTalentHack

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun12 months ago

5 Stars! Well done! Interesting to see the other woman's point of view, especially before she's actually claimed him as her own. Quite thought provoking. It would definitely make his wife sit up and take notice if she were to receive a warning like this.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy12 months ago

Probably the wife wouldn't be as generous if the show was on her foot!

5

johntcookseyjohntcooksey12 months ago

A sense of sportsmanship and fairness to rival the Marquess of Queensberry? Or is it sour grapes over a failed attempted tryst with a conscientious man inspiring her to lash out at the hapless unsuspecting wife? This tantalizing snippet screams for the other two sides of the triangle to weigh in. Very enticing indeed, like the smell of fresh bread without the opportunity to taste. Well done!

Wash2015Wash201512 months ago

Not a fan of the letter style and short but still 4*. I think it could be turned into a full story easily. Great premise.

HighpikeHighpike12 months ago

Refreshingly different and very well crafted. Thank you.

Turning502019Turning50201912 months ago

Now I'd like to see the wife's response or an internal dialogue

grogers7grogers712 months ago

Almost a poem. 5

djripdjrip12 months ago

Well that's a kick in the pants!

Djmac1031Djmac103112 months ago

Another uniquely crafted tale.

My one complaint: you could have given us all three perspectives.

His thoughts on the attempted seductress.

Wife's thoughts on the letter.

Because of course we're all left wondering.

Which was probably your intent in the first place.

5/5

EastCoaster1EastCoaster112 months ago

I agree with Turning502019...

This could be part 1 of 2 (maybe more?) parts, telling the same story from other perspectives, the wife to whom this story was addressed, and maybe the husband's view in part 3.

I gave this 5 stars as it is... but I think adding the other part(s) could round out a very interesting story.

But you're the (very good) author, and it's your decision to make !

In any event, we'll done for this one !

ttt59ttt5912 months ago

Interesting. Is current wife cheating on him or just lazy and disinterested?

MediocreAuthorMediocreAuthor12 months ago

Several people have suggested reading other perspectives on this story, and while I would enjoy that, I think the single perspective leaves a delicious mystery that additional POVs would destroy.

.

You put "arrogant" and "confident" in the tags, and both are very apt. I feel that we have an unreliable narrator, acting as a reliable one... but the question remains, "Exactly HOW reliable is her point of view?" What an interesting question.

CindyTVCindyTV12 months ago

Great story. If only married woman would read and understand your warnings. 5 Stars.

lc69hunterlc69hunter12 months ago

I am probably going to save this as a favorite. Did she actually send the letter?

LanmandragonLanmandragon12 months ago

The idea is good, for me, it lacks context; perhaps a part 2?

oldmanbill69oldmanbill6912 months ago

The nail screamed when hit so hard! More ?

SPARTAN047SPARTAN04712 months ago

Very poetic and something a lot of women rarely write about. LOL.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

And the Hack scores again! Brilliant idea, well executed. The wife's responses should at least be explored in a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

An interesting communication from the victor. Having won the race only the victory lap now remains. What a lovely combination of the gracious and the snide. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Follow up please. Too many unanswered questions. Nonetheless, 5 stars!

G

69gman69gman12 months ago

Not just "The Better Woman"... but "The Best Woman". The rarest form of Love. Needless to say, all 5 stars turned golden.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now12 months ago

I always love a new story for NTH.

(And - I'll keep saying - you are far, far from 'no talent' - not even on the same continent!)

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler12 months ago

This was unique! Beautifully written and thoughtful concept for the LW community to contemplate. I gave it four stars only because there is more to the story.

Thanks

Regguy69Regguy6912 months ago

Gotta wonder what her reaction to that letter might be. It clearly shows he wasn't physical with the other woman, but it also indicates he would have been had she allowed it. Wifey has some serious work to do, or maybe she'll just be grateful for the advance warning and find a shark before he does.

Fresh story and very well written, of course.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

"maybe she'll just be grateful for the advance warning and find a shark before he does"

yes, this is the correct response of anybody with self respect. I did give the story a higher rating because it's written well but i felt like it was written by a writer of the living wives category. Checking the writer's biography page confirmed this.

MsSuckMyLollipopMsSuckMyLollipop12 months ago

Great job as usual - should make anyone who works in a corporate environment take that step back and wonder what lies beneath.

ribnitinribnitin12 months ago

The written version is good. Now I know not to listen to recorded story narrations

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I've been tested in my over 40 yr. marriage. I'm so glad I didn't cheat when the temptation was offered.

MorraRoseMorraRose11 months ago

Nice story, although I wonder how her feelings towards him would change if they ever got together full-time. The grass is always greener.

usaretusaret11 months ago

Ring true to life, forewarned is rare.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Brought forth a knowing chuckle.

What a way to get a wake-up call.

She better bring her 'A game' plus 10% if she values her comfy life, or come to the realisation that she's taken herself out of the game altogether.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I always get embarrassed when women talk about me like this when they think I can’t hear them.

SyzyguySyzyguy9 months ago

A clever and fresh approach, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

not too often the almost other woman backs off . lucky sob , to love like that and let him go ?? if i was in that situation i don't know if i'd be man enough to walk away . but i took some vows and made some promises ,to love and honor,to forsake all others . it's not just words .

Tomh1966Tomh19666 months ago

Dayyyyum that was epic.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well said !!

lover1953lover19535 months ago

Well written. 5 Stars on this piece.

TrambakTrambak5 months ago

Would definitely like to know how did the wife react to that letter!

Was she annoyed, or amused, or relieved, or just indifferent?

Did she contemplate action?

Maybe, she just meets the letter writer, and gives her a pat on her back, or just gives her a hug?

So many possibilities!!!

Chimo1961Chimo19615 months ago

We need the wife’s reaction

pummel187pummel1875 months ago

I'm a man (a man, not a simp with a hair bun on top of my head) and having said that what if it's him that got complacent

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very creative

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userNoTalentHack@NoTalentHack
If you want to use one of my characters in your story or write an unofficial sequel or prequel or side story to one of my stories, please feel free to do so. I only ask a few things of you: 1. Credit me as the originator of the character/story. 2. DO NOT monetize it. This in...