My Man, My Marine, My Lover! Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What do you mean, your mom will have things under control?" he asked, looking in my direction with a confused expression on his handsome face.

"Well, I called her a few hours before we left and asked her to talk to daddy for me." I hesitated, waiting to see his reaction. When he remained silent, I filled him in a bit more. "I told her what we had been through, what we wanted, and asked her to talk to my dad and explain things to him. She knows how difficult things have been for you. I told her how much we want to be together. She knows that I don't want my dad to be mad, but I also don't want you to be upset. More importantly, she knows I've made up my mind on how things will be with or without my dad's permission. So, she'll do her best to smooth the way for us."

"How did she deal with that?" he quietly asked as he pulled my hand to his lips and lightly kissed it.

I could see his entire demeanor change. My man was no longer worried about anything, but me and my feelings. Brian, more than anyone, with the exception of my mom, knew how much I loved my dad and how difficult it would be for me to go against his wishes. He also knew how determined I was to protect him and to be there for him. He realized that once I made up my mind, nothing would stop me from getting what I wanted. Being an intelligent man, he was also aware that I was placing everything that I valued most on the line for him and he appreciated that more than words could express.

"You know my mom. She's a marine wife. Mom knows the best way to approach my dad to get him to understand my side. She'll convince him to do what's best for me...and what's best for me is to be with you."

Brian kissed my hand again. Holding it to his lips he whispered into my palm, "You know I love you, but do you know how much I love you?"

"I think so. I love you too marine. I've loved you all my life, with all my heart, and I will love you for the rest of my life." I wrapped my fingers through his and held onto him tightly. "Like it or not my love, you're stuck with me now," I said as I smiled at him and saw the love in his eyes.

"Forever?" he asked.

"Forever and always."

"So then, we don't need that three carat, queen cut diamond ring then, do we?" He teased.

"Oh no Marine, make no mistake about it. You will get me a beautiful engagement ring. But I was teasing a little about the size...and it's Princess cut, not Queen cut."

"I know it's Princess cut, but on you it will be for a Queen, my Queen. And don't even think for one second that I believe you weren't serious about the carat size."

We laughed. We needed a little laughter right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As we drove down our street, we were both nervous. I wasn't sure what we would be driving into. I could only hope Mrs. Miller was going to keep things controlled and that my dad was resigned to the fact that Brian and I would be staying together. I could only imagine what my poor mother had to deal with while pleading my case. My biggest wish was that we would arrive, settle in, have a nice dinner, and be able to be relaxed around everyone. On the other hand, my worst fear was that this would be a setback for Brian and that between the stress and the new environment, even though it was his home, he would have some difficulties adjusting.

"Ready?" I asked, sounding much calmer than I felt.

"As ready as I'll ever be? How about you?"

"Like you said, 'As ready as I'll ever be'." I held his hand for a second and reminded him of what I said earlier. "Remember, no matter what, I have your back. Together we can do anything and even though we're nervous, everyone is on our side."

"I know babe. Like I said earlier today, it doesn't make this any easier. Does it for you?" he asked hesitantly.

"No, but it sounded reassuring," I laughed a bit nervously.

"Should we do some cognitive imagining?" he teased. "Maybe if I see it in my head the way I want it to be, it will be that way. What do you think?"

"It can't hurt. At this point, I say we do whatever we can to make this transition as easy as possible. If that involves mental imaging, so be it."

"Can I mental imagine a couple of tequila shots?" he asked a bit on the edgy side.

"Make mine a double please," I said, as I peeked over at my man and prayed for an easy homecoming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were laughing as I pulled into the Miller's drive. To my surprise, no one came rushing out of the house to greet us. Even as we got out of the jeep and pulled some of our gear out of the back, no one ran out to help us.

"It's kind of quiet, don't you think?" he asked.

"Yes. It's either the quiet before the storm or everyone is trying to play it cool," I said.

"Let's hope it's option number two."

Brian took my hand as we started to walk toward the back of the house. We always entered through the back door and directly into the kitchen as kids. It seemed only natural to do it now. The front door was for strangers and company. We were family. We were home.

As we walked in, we could hear voices coming from the front room.

"Anyone home?" Brian called out.

"In the front room son," his dad's voice called back. His voice was pure strength and all marine. It was comforting to hear it again. I started to relax as the familiar voices and feelings surrounded us again.

"I guess they're in the front room," I said and laughed, giving a little tug on Brian's hand. "It's going to be fine. I can feel it."

He nodded and held tight to my hand. "I hope so," was all he said. "Remember your promise."

"Which one?"

"Covering my six."

"I've got it, babe."

We walked down the hall hand in hand and dropped our bags at the foot of the stairs. As we turned to enter the sitting room, I saw our parents sitting there. All eyes were on us and I was a little glad that Brian couldn't see the nervous apprehension that filled everyone's face. Even my dad, the Commander, looked a little out of sorts. Brian's mom was twisting her fingers in her lap and his dad was holding her hand. I could see the tears in his dad's eyes, but not one fell.

"Well, do I get a hug or kiss hello?" Brian asked. "I've been gone a while and well, this is supposed to be a homecoming of sorts."

He tried to play it light, but I could feel his hold on my hand getting tighter by the second. I gave him a confident squeeze back and then took the lead.

"Well, I'd like a few kisses and hugs myself. How is everyone and what's for dinner? We're starved for a good home cooked meal." I looked at his mom as I continued, "We ran out of your cooking a few weeks ago and well, your son is a picky eater."

Everyone laughed as they started to get up and walk over to us. Brian's mom looked at me and mouthed the words, thank you. I smiled and nodded at her. She moved closer, to stand in front of Brian, and then hesitated as if she were afraid to hug him.

"I'll give you one guess who wants the first hug and kiss baby," I said as I placed my hand on her back and gently guided her into Brian's arms as I held his arm out to her shoulder. Once he felt her shoulder, he pulled her into him and gave her a big bear hug.

"Hi Mom," his voice cracked a little as he said it, and everyone fell silent. "I'm sorry I didn't call and talk to you more. I needed the time alone," he hesitated and I could see him thinking of the best way to say what he wanted to. "I needed to get things together before I came home. I hope you understand."

He kissed her and she wrapped her arms around him and held him tight. He was so much taller than her that he needed to bend down to kiss her. It was heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. It was much the same way I felt the day I watched them kiss goodbye and we walked out of the kitchen without a look back. My heart broke as much then as it was breaking now. Watching these two people, who have loved each other forever, come together after so long apart was unnerving. I had to quickly wipe the tears away before I started to really cry.

"I understand son. I was hurt at first, but I understand why you had to do it," she said into his chest and started to cry. "I'm only glad that Andrea was there with you. She kept us up to date. I don't want you to worry about that. You're home now and that's all that counts. I love you. I love you so much. Don't ever forget that," she cried into his shirt.

"Okay, that's enough of that," his dad said. "Let me get in here and welcome my son home."

Brian held his mom to the side of him and wrapped his free arm around his dad's shoulders. Both men were tall and very close in appearance and size. I looked from father to son and could picture what Brian would look like in twenty years. I was going to be a happy woman. I laughed to myself as the thought went through my head. Then I felt a hand take mine and gently pull me from Brian's side. It was my dad.

"Hey baby girl. Don't I get a hug or kiss from my girl?" he asked, looking me in the eyes.

"Hi Daddy," I whispered and wrapped my arms around him as he pulled me into his arms. "I missed you so much Daddy. I missed you both so much," I said as I peeked over my dad's shoulder and saw my mom. She gave me a little smile, winked, and gave a slight nod of her head. I knew then everything would be alright.

"We missed you too sweetheart. We missed you every day." He pulled me closer and whispered, "Your mom and I talked. I understand what you want and believe it or not, I support you. I know you are doing what's best for you and Brian. That's what matters most right now. Don't worry about a thing," he said. "We'll talk later."

I couldn't believe my ears. The tears were slowly streaming down my face and I could feel my heart pounding in my chest. I thought of how lucky I was to have the best parents in the world. I reached out and took my mom's hand. She knew I was thanking her for everything. She nodded and blew a kiss to me. As soon as my dad and I separated, I grabbed my mom and held her tight.

"Thanks Mom. I can't thank you enough," I whispered in her ear as I kissed her cheek. "I love you and Daddy so much. I can't believe how much I missed you. I love you, mom. Thank you."

"We love you baby girl. Always know that," she said as she returned my kiss. "There is nothing your daddy and I wouldn't do for you. Never forget that either. You are always our priority. Your happiness is second only to your safety and health."

"I know Mom. I still can't tell you how much I love you." Some tears escaped and started to stream down my cheeks. I didn't even bother to try and hide them or to wipe them away. They were happy tears and well deserved as far as I was concerned.

Once we all greeted each other, things seemed a little less intense. Brian's dad was the first to ask a question that was directed at Brian's lack of sight. He was calm and reassuring as he spoke, it sounded like any other question he might ask his son.

"So son, how do you want to do this?" he asked, "Should I take your arm or do you want to take mine? I'd like to sit and talk a bit before dinner. Do you mind?"

He was so straight-forward and direct, that it didn't seem any different from his normal conversation or tone. He was a marine and he was simply assessing the situation and identifying his plan of action. It made perfect sense to me, but of course, I was born and raised with that way of thinking and communicating. It's probably why Brian and I got along so well.

Even when we argued, it was always in a direct and honest way. Here's the problem, what are our options, identify a solution, and we're done...well, at least most of the time. Once in a while it was more complicated. I thought to myself of the last big argument we had. Then I flashed back to when he told me to get out of his hospital room and not to come back. I took that really well. I simply informed the nurse that I would be staying, went back to his room, and climbed in bed with him. I ignored everything he said until he fell asleep in my arms.

It seemed so long ago and yet it wasn't. Looking around at everyone, all sorts of memories played in my head. First it was Brian's mom introducing me to Brian in the kitchen. Then I remembered Brian and me as kids playing basketball in his driveway. Of course, the night he busted my lip and we took a trip to the ER played over again. That night was the first time I told him I loved him. I recalled each and every time since then that I told him I loved him.

I could see the day we got the call that Brian and his team were involved in an explosion and several men were hurt. I saw how worried we all were and how fast our dads took control and found out all the information that was available. I even played my dad's words back in my head when I told him I was going to be with Brian. Baby, you're a big girl and your mom and I raised you to make your own decisions. I'm asking you not to go to Germany. Brian won't want that and if you do it, know it's not for him. It's for you, he said. I looked at my dad again and tiptoed up to kiss him. He put his arm around me and pulled me to his side.

"I know baby girl, I love you too," he said. "You weren't expecting an argument from me were you?" He looked down at me with his eyebrow cocked up and a crooked smile on his face.

"No Daddy, of course not," I laughed as I lied to my dad for the first time in my life. I knew he knew I was fibbing.

"I didn't think so," he said, "I'm sure that's why you put your mother on me. You know I can never tell her no. No more than I could ever tell you no. The two of you have me wrapped around your little fingers."

"And you love it," I teased.

"I do, but don't tell anyone. It won't fit my image on base," he said as he winked at me and pulled me closer. "I'm so proud of you baby. So very proud of the woman you are. Never forget that."

I tucked my head into his chest and wrapped my arms around him, giving him a big hug. Taking a deep breath, I was comforted by the familiar smell of my dad. It was the comforting smell of home, of being safe, and of being loved. I realized it was the same way I feel when I'm with Brian...home, loved, safe.

I heard Brian's voice quietly call my name and I left my dad and went to him. I took his dad's arm and said, "How about you take my arm and lead me into the room." I smiled at him and gave a little watch this type of wink.

"I'm sure Brian can take care of himself and I've missed you too." I kissed his cheek and continued to talk, directing my words at everyone.

"Brian knows every inch of this house and as long as nothing is moved or directly in his walking path, he'll be fine getting around on his own. I think it would be best if we let him do his thing and if he wants any help he'll let us know. How's that sound?"

"That sounds good honey," his mom said. "You all sit down and catch up. Your mom and I will get some drinks and appetizers before dinner is served."

She was playing with her fingers again and I watched as my mom held her by the arm and walked into the kitchen. I knew there would be some nervous tears in there and I didn't want to interrupt. She deserved a few tears and I knew my mom would take care of Mrs. Miller. My job was to be here for Brian.

Everyone took a seat and Brian made his way over to the large arm chair. I kissed his dad's cheek again and then I went over and sat on the arm of Brian's chair. He put his cane to one side and rested his forearm on my leg. I slid my hand down his arm until our finger met and we automatically intertwined them.

"How are you doing baby?" I quietly asked.

I could hear Brian's dad say to mine, "He looks good doesn't he?"

Brian whispered back, "I'm good and apparently I look good too." He laughed and I leaned down to give him a kiss.

"Well, you'll be happy to know that everything is okay with my dad. No issues there," I quietly informed him.

"Really? Well, that went better than I thought," he said, "Remind me to thank your mom. I'm sure she had something to do with that."

"Oh baby, she sure did," I said, "but I don't think that's going to leave you and me off the hook. I'm sure he's going to want to talk to us about things. I think he's giving us some time to settle in and relax. Then I'm sure we both have some question and answer periods with the commander."

"I have no doubt of that," he answered back, "no doubt whatsoever."

"You two have had all the time in the world together, now you have to talk to us." His dad said, "Tell me son, how have you been? How are you handling things so far?"

That's his dad, get to the point. No reason to soft glove anything. It is what it is.

"I'm good, Dad. I'm really good," he answered. "Most of that is because of Andrea. If it hadn't been for her, I'd most likely still be back at Walter Reed. No doubt lying in bed and feeling sorry for myself." I felt him tighten his grip as he went on to explain a little. "If she didn't give me all sorts of hell, the nurse wasn't going to let the team release me. Thank God, Andrea was able to take charge and got me in ship shape, and promised the nurse she would be with me all the way."

He peeked up and I leaned down to kiss him again.

"I can't thank you enough Andrea," his dad said. "I know what a handful my boy can be and just how stubborn he is...he gets that from his mother."

We all laughed at that and then his dad continued.

"I'm glad to have you home son. Really glad to have you back home." His voice was filled with love and emotion and we all knew it. Thankfully, my dad saved us all from breaking down into tears.

"Well, I for one am glad to have my baby girl home with me. I've missed her. It's not the same only having one woman yell at me and pick on me. I'm used to having them both there to team up on me."

As if on cue, my mom walked in and asked if we wanted some drinks. We all placed our requests and a few minutes later we were eating appetizers, drinking sodas and beers, and talking as if no time had passed and nothing was different. We talked about everything. And they asked a few questions here and there, but nothing too intrusive. Brian answered most of them, and we enjoyed the conversation before dinner.

When dinner was ready, we did some of the same. We all sat around the dining table and simply shared conversation. Our dad's talked about some marine stuff. Both of our mom's told us about the events around the neighborhood, and Brian and I listened and asked questions of our own. Once in a while we would share something that we did or that happened at the lake while we were there. We didn't share every detail, just some interesting things that had happened. For the most part, without acknowledging it to each other, I think we wanted to keep that time private. Everything else was as close to normal as possible and I could feel the tension leave the air. More importantly, I could feel Brian relax.

I gazed around the dinner table at the people I loved most in this world and couldn't help but remember how we spent so many evenings just like this. If not here, it was at my parents, or in one of our yards barbecuing. All I could think of was how fast things changed for all of us, but I knew we would all cope with whatever the future held.

For a second, I thought about announcing our engagement. Then I realized it was something I wanted Brian and me to share alone for a while. I couldn't announce it without discussing it with him first anyway. As if he read my thoughts, he leaned over and whispered to me.

"Are you okay if we don't say anything to them yet? I'd like to keep it between the two of us for a while."

"I was having that exact thought right before you said it." I kissed him and as he sat back up, placed his hand over mine and held it on the table. I moved my chair closer to him and everyone around the table watched us and smiled.