All Comments on 'My Math Problem'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story, but I wouldn’t trust a CFO who has to live in an efficiency apartment in someone’s house because of a short period of unemployment.

des911des911almost 3 years ago

Ahhhhh. Nice story, gently told. Very enjoyable. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really enjoyed this story. Keep up the good writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I loved it. It could have been in the Romance category or a couple of others for that matter. Well done!

mrotismrotisalmost 3 years ago

This is an excellent story, and I think you are an excellent writer. You have done a great job of combining an interesting tale about ordinary people with enough sex and eroticism to keep the pervs (like me) on this site happy. 😊 My only criticism is that perhaps you could have tightened it up a bit and made it a bit shorter, but I was still very interested in reading every word. I will now turn my attention to some of your other stories. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The pity party sucked all of the oxygen out of the story. Since I couldn't take the simpering self-deprecation past page 4; I expect there were a few more useless twists and turns.p How would a man with such low self-esteem ever succeed in a high-profile position? Accounting may be built around numbers but one can't escape interacting with people.

Thank you for trying, please don't stop.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Loved this story. Much of it rang very true to me. My parents had over a 15 year age gap when they married (her 31, him 47) in 1947. Mom said they had discussed their concerns about whether my dad would be around long enough to see any children they had together grow up (average male life expectancy for his age was 68). Dad had been a widower for 16 yrs when they married on my half-sister's 18th birthday. I was born when he was 52 and had a wonderful childhood. And indeed you never know - Mom died at 70 from ALS and Dad died 5 years later. They were very happily married for 39 years and I consider theirs a true love story. Also, my dad was an intelligent, strong-willed, personable & successful man, but he let their engagement last for 5 years because of family pressure. Everyone is different, but I thought the hero's concerns showed maturity and wisdom and were by no means a "pity party". Well written lovely story.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelalmost 3 years ago

Really enjoyed this story. It’s a conundrum a lot of people face and you handled it beautifully.

linnearlinnearalmost 3 years ago
Very Nice

I love a good love story, I can see why he was concerned with the age difference but sometimes you have to take a chance.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunalmost 3 years ago

Great Story!

A lovely romance. Really enjoyed how they worked it out and found their very own HEA.

LoquiSordidaAdMeLoquiSordidaAdMealmost 3 years ago

That was a great romance, and it probably hewed closer to the Geek Pride theme than any story from the event I've read yet. It's always nice to see the nerd get the girl.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I had trouble generating any sympathy for the protagonist. Sorry.

zonozzonozalmost 3 years ago

Outstanding. I'm 14 years older than my wife of 26 years. But we did fit the equation when we married.

jlg07jlg07almost 3 years ago

Great story. 2nd read through and still 5*

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Excellent. Surprised I didn't comment on 28 May when I first rear and rated it.

awr75bsawr75bsabout 2 years ago

I envy the "erotic author's humorous inspirations" that result in enjoyable stories such as this. Thank you. I look forward to enjoying more of your inspirations.

clearcreekclearcreekalmost 2 years ago

well done and lots of fun. 5

Smm1Smm1almost 2 years ago

I enjoy your writing style and your stories are mostly feel good - a necessity in these tough times.

redbaron172redbaron172almost 2 years ago

Awesome story!!! Well done... Keep up the good work!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

See now, this? This, I loved. Adored, even. Jenna was absolutely precious. God, I love a good happy ever after. Full stop. Not "sometimes" or whatever. I just love a well crafted happy ever after. thank you.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 1 year ago

Great story. Thank you.

EmotionalEmotionalabout 1 year ago

Great story, especially for us OLD guys who are 51

Btrying2Btrying28 months ago

After multiple reads of this story I still find it a wonderful read. Good believable characters, captivating plot line, nice pace, and enough emotion and tension to bring me back. Yes there’s a but. Clark’s older children seem to have forgotten or shunned him given the few mentions of them. I just wonder how that played out or effected his new life. Great story writing. Thanks for sharing. John.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...