All Comments on 'My Mid-life Crisis'

by Cromagnonman

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
Only someone familiar with New South Wales and Queensland would recognize the place names.

It was fun following along by way of Google Earth as our intrepid travelers made their way cross country.

Thanks for the entertaining story and amusing travelogue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Waaia

Your story would have been perfect if you had stopped for a beer at the Waaia pub.

Jack99Jack99almost 8 years ago
Funeral and note?

Good story overall, but you introduced some uncertainty about the wife's funeral, and she left a note. Should have resolved those or not mentioned them. Still, I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Sidney43Sidney43almost 8 years ago

Enjoyed the story as I usually do. The police must have been suspicious about their meeting, which is entirely too coincidental, but with no evidence they were involved in the money laundering I suppose they didn't pursue it too diligently. There is the bit about the two phone calls to the police as the Australian phone system probably allows the police to ID numbers and locations of calls. But, all in all a good story full of slang and exotic locations (at least to us).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

You really do write a cracking tale fella !!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
3*s

Liked the storyline. Plot made sense.

A couple of disturbing items did not keep me from giving you 3*s. Who cares about the cheating wife? Not Cromagnonman, not the husband, and not us, the readers. Kate's cheating husband, ditto !!

You could have just ended it the next morning, after Kate's news. Your wife killed herself ( no note) and your husband was killed by her. Murder suicide . End ! Saved us readers some time, lol!!

AMerryman

xtremeddxtremeddalmost 8 years ago
and for the nuptuals, a good day was had by all

In the states you could film it for Wednesday night viewing "Survivor Aussie Style"....

Thanks for sharing on Lit. High marks all around.

x

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Well, you used current events, but the story was too long winded to be really enjoyable. Also somewhat sloppy and predictable

OvercriticalOvercriticalalmost 8 years ago
Just Plain Silly

All the talk about "clever plot" makes me think that many of the commenters are seriously literature deprived. It seems that on every page the author has to come up with some silly plot contrivance to keep the story afloat. I have read this author before, but I think I'll move on to other pastures.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Overcritical is

This story is enjoyable on its own level, as is almost everything Cro Magnon Man has written. Those who have taken aim at it demonstrate how self-aggrandizing many critics are - if you've decided that you don't like what he writes, why not just go away in peace. When I saw that Cromagnonman had presented us with something to savour after weeks of drech, it made my day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wonderful story

thanks for yet another wonderful story from one of the top authors of the genre(!) from another Aussie!

HighlandLaddieHighlandLaddieover 7 years ago
a brilliant story

full of humour and detail about their journey together after leaving their spouses....loved it..it rolled along at a goodly pace....loved the twists and turns in it...just a pity you killed off his ex...should have lived and suffered the humiliation....and the end was good where they took over the caravan park to start their life together with their new baby and more to come....

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 5 years ago
Absolutely

Unbelievable. As in, “I cannot make myself believe this. It is too ridiculous.”

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Ouch, Overcritical burned you.

Usually he picks at little things and acts like a jerk.

This time he picked at big things and acted like a jerk.

Sad thing is, he’s right for a change. 3*

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

I love the story, unbelievable but could happen. AAAAAA++++++

auhunter04auhunter04over 2 years ago

Ya know some people just don't understand that life is stranger than fiction, 'cause fiction has to stick to the realm of the believable. Could this actually possibly happen? Maybe not scene for scene, I do have to admit the new couple are the rejected spouses of those in an affair is a bit of a reach, but what the hell it possible, how probabile? who cares

For me it was a fun read

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userCromagnonman@Cromagnonman
I'm a pretty normal average male, chronologically well over 18 but psychologically I'm not so sure. I have been writing as a hobby for many years and now that I have time on my hands I am looking to become more professional at it. I enjoy reading, morning walks along the river...

SIMILAR Stories

Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
788
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
621
Hero's Reward 
4.85
3.6k
930
Let Go 
4.7
1.6k
844
More Stories