My New Job Ch. 04

Story Info
Carl and Travis are on the rocks. Can a road trip save them?
10.8k words
4.73
2.5k
2

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 03/24/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
88girfriend
88girfriend
203 Followers

My New Job Chapter 4

Thank you so much to my editors for all the help they give me to clean my story up.

If this is the first of my stories that you have read, welcome. I hope you enjoy the story. I would strongly suggest reading a series from the beginning though as by this point, I have stopped describing the main characters. You don't have to read my stories this way be I feel the story will make more sense and you will understand far more of the running jokes.

When I first started working for Carl and Khan Transports, I thought it would be mountainous work. I mean the reality shows say how much fun transporting can be but how much reality is there really in any of those reality shows? I thought it would be pretty much loading and unloading the truck all day. The truth is that for most days that was exactly how it went. Then there were other days.

Every once in a while, we would meet an interesting person, or we would haul a fascinating object. One woman we met knew all kinds of things about mirrors and history. One man had an example of every beanie baby ever produced. Even the ones with flaws. Still, another whole family loved G.I Joe action figures, vehicles, and playsets and needed their 2000-piece collection moved from their old house to their new home across town.

Today was shaping up to be one of those unusual days. "Doc, are you sure we have enough road to get up to 88 from here?" I asked myself, pretending to be Marty McFly from Back to the Future. I began to hum the score from the movie as I hit the clutch and moved the shifter into third. "How many times do I have to tell you, Marty?" I answered myself in my best Doc Brown voice, "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally."

My imaginary drive back to 1955 suddenly came to a halt as a female voice asked, "Who, are you talking to?"

I looked through the open gull-wing door of the 1981 DeLorean I was sitting in, to find the source of the voice. I gave the woman standing there a sheepish grin. She was maybe twenty, short, with an athletic almost boyish build. She was Chinese with jet black hair cut in a saggy pixy cut. If anything, she reminded me a lot of Jason's friend Ami Cooper.

"No one," I answered truthfully. "I was just having a little fun. The owner said it was OK, to look around and the car was unlocked."

"He did, did he?" The woman asked very seriously. There was a very tense moment and then she reached in and tickled my stomach saying, "Got you."

She then offered me her hand, "I'm Lily the head mechanic here."

I took her hand and shook it, "Travis. I'm with Khan Transports."

"Travis, what have you gotten yourself into now?" Asked Carl Khan the owner of Khan Transports and my secret lover.

"It's OK Carl," said an older man who also joined our little group walking slightly behind Carl. "That car just draws people in. We sell a ton of them."

Carl didn't look convinced. The older man was about two or three inches shorter than Carl but about Carl's weight which had resulted, in him having a dad bod. The man's hair, what was left of it had gone a dark grey like his eyes. His voice, dress, and poster reminded me a lot of my history teacher, Mr. Lodge.

I got out of the car. "I was just pretending to be back in 1985..." I began only to be cut off by the older man.

"Aw, 1985," said the older man with a dreamy look on his face, "if only this was a real, time machine. I would love to see 1985 again."

"Why is that?" I asked receiving a smile from the older man and a leave-it-alone look from Carl.

"That was the year I met my first wife, Ace," he explained.

"I've told you a hundred times, Jared," Lily spoke up, "no time machines."

"Oh, come on Lily," the man I now knew was named Jared, pleaded, "Just one."

"No Jared," Lily said putting her hands on her hips, "it's not possible."

"Can't make the flux capacitor, huh?" I chided her.

"I could build a flux capacitor this afternoon," said Lily smiling and getting into the spirit of the conversation, "But no way in hell this bucket is going to get up to 88 miles an hour."

Jared and Lily had a good laugh over that. I joined in happy to have so easily diverted attention away from myself. Carl didn't Laugh. "Anyway," said Carl, "Where's the Sunbeam?"

"Sunbeam?" I asked, "As in Don Adam's car from Get Smart."

Lily moved over to stand next to Jared and she took his hand. "Not exactly," said Lily as they turned and headed for a metal structure.

I walked up next to Carl and tried to copy Lily by taking Carl's hand but he wouldn't take mine. All I got for my efforts was, him grumbling at me, "Not the time or place, Travis."

The four of us walked into the barn and there sat a blue roadster that looked nothing like the car Maxwell Smart drove. It was a small, sky-blue car with huge fenders, a monster size grill, a leather interior, and miles of chrome. "She's quite a beauty huh?" Asked Jared.

"Yeah," said Carl, "She looks just like the Sunbeam Alpine Mark 1 in To Catch a Thief."

"That's the way the customer wanted her," Jared explained leaning against a workbench and gazing at the old car like it was an old girlfriend he thought he would never see again.

"We put a lot of love into her," said Lily walking over and grabbing a scrapbook off the workbench, "We completely rebuilt her from the ground up. Then we modernized her. We gave her, power steering, disc brakes, and a modern suspension. I don't want Mrs. Thorn driving off a cliff as Princes Grace did."

"I thought Princess Grace die in a limo?" I asked wanting to join the conversation.

"That was Princess Dianna," Carl corrected me.

Lily opened the book and showed me a picture of a gorgeous blonde. "Grace Kelly, the Princess of Monaco," Lily explained.

"Oh," I said feeling a little silly, "She's pretty."

"She sure was," Lily said and then turned the page and pointed at another picture, "This is Mrs. Thorn."

"Holy crap," I exclaimed, "They could be twins."

Carl moved in close and I felt his breath on the back of my neck. It was the closest he had been to me all day.

Jared chuckled, and then added, "She sure does. It's Mr. and Mrs. Thorn's anniversary tomorrow and this little beauty is her present."

"How long did the restoration take?" I asked Jared and Lily.

"About 2 years," Lily turned the page and showed me a heap of parts and a frame. "This is what she looked like when we got her," Lily clarified.

"We told Mr. Thorn the car was not worth restoring," added Jared, "but he said he didn't care and that money was no object."

"Sounds like someone else we know," I said, "Maybe we should tell Uncle Arthur about these guys."

"Our business is widely word of mouth so that would be great," said Lily.

"Arthur already knows about us," Jared said, "he means Arthur Class, Judy's husband."

"Oh yeah," Lily perked up, "We did a 64 Jaguar for them. Nice people. Isn't she a relative?"

"Yes," Jared confirmed, "She was my late wife's grandniece."

I have to admit that sentence made my head spin a little. I knew Judy was in her fifties but this guy looked like he was only a little older than that. Maybe 60 at most. "How is that?" I finally asked.

Lily took Jared's hand again and they both laughed, "It's a long story."

"And as much as I'm sure Travis would like to hear it," Carl gave me a reproachful look, "We need to get her loaded up and get on our way if we are going to make our deadline."

Lilly handed me the scrapbook and Jared handed me a thick manila envelope, "These go with the car," Lily said. "If you drop the tailgate, Mr. Khan, I'd like to drive her in if you don't mind," Lily asked.

"As a matter of fact," Carl started to say.

"I just want to drive, Grace," said Lily tipping her head towards the car. "One more time," she added and then batted her eyes at Carl. Little did she know she was not his type.

To my shock and amazement, Carl caved, "Very well miss."

He dropped the loading gate and Lily started the engine. The car purred like a kitten as Lily expertly backed the car into the trailer. Carl set to strapping the car down with Lily's help. I just stood back and watched with Jared, figuring too many cooks in the kitchen would spoil the soup. This gave Jared a chance to give me the abbreviated version of how he had fallen in love with his first wife, Ace, back in 1985. (For the longer version please read ACE.)

"Thank you so much for doing this for us," Jared said. "I know it was a long drive for you but Judy says you are the best and so we knew you were the ones we wanted to deliver Grace, to the Thorns."

Lily handed me a paper bag. "I packed you some PB and J's and chips for the drive."

"That was so nice of you, Lily," I said taking the bag.

Lily slightly teary-eyed walked up and kissed one blue fender, "goodbye sweetheart."

"We will take good care of her," Carl said closing the tailgate on the trailer. He was back to his usual kindly nature for the first time all day. "Grace is in good hands. I promise."

"Just get her there safe and on time, OK." Lily sniffled, "From what Mr. Thorn says, Mrs. Thorn is a very nice woman and will take good care of her."

"This is always the hardest part," Jared said getting a little choked up himself, "You guys better get going or we will be standing here all day."

"You heard the man Travis, load up," Carl barked at me.

"Yes sir," I said getting in the truck, "Nice to meet you, folks."

Carl got in the truck and we started down the driveway. I leaned out the window and waved to the couple until they were out of sight. Lilly and Jared looked so happy together. Jason and Arthur looked like that. Judy and Riya did too. I could remember when Carl and I looked like that. It had been a while.

Five hours later we arrived at Mr. Thorn's house. Mr. Thorn said he didn't want to wait and so asked if we would mind a change of plan. Carl said we wouldn't mind for an extra 100 dollars and Mr. Thorn agreed. Twenty minutes later Mr. Thorn sitting in my seat and me sitting in the back of the truck, we arrived at a small strip mall that was obviously on the decline. Only three of a dozen storefronts were filled. There was a clothing store but it had big signs on its windows that read "going out of business sale." The other two businesses present were a nail salon and a Dollar General.

"Your wife works here?" I asked.

"Yep, for my best friend Margret," responded Mr. Thorn pointing at the clothing store. "I told Grace when we first got married that she didn't have to work. I make more than enough as a software designer but she said she was not some kind of lazy bones." Travis couldn't help but chuckle at the term, "Besides Margret needed the help, so she hired Grace."

"Looks like Margret needs a different kind of help now," I observed before I had a chance to stop myself.

"Yep. Darn Covid," remarked Mr. Thorn.

"Covid?" I asked.

"Grace got Margret to switch to e-commerce and that helped for a while but then covid it."

"Ah."

"On top of that, then Greystone bought the property and raised everyone's rents," Explained Mr. Thorn. "They're putting everything out of business around here."

The three of us just sat in silence for several minutes.

"Oh well," Mr. Thorn said sighing again, "I'll go get Grace, Margret, Mary, and Jenny."

"We'll," Carl looked at me and motioned me to open the rear trailer gate, "Unload and wait for you here, Mr. Thorn."

Mr. Thorn went into the clothing store and we unloaded the Sunbeam in the parking lot. I then stood and guarded the car while Carl moved the truck and trailer out of sight. Mr. Thorn came out of the clothing shop leading a woman by the hand. A small group of women trailed close behind Grace as if she were a princess and they were her ladies in waiting.

There was no doubt this was Mrs. Thorn. Even with a blindfold on, her resemblance to the actress and princess was uncanny. Judy Class looked a lot like Sandra Bullock. Especially, at first glance or from a distance. Once you get to know her though, you noticed the subtle differences between her and Sandra Bullock. Mrs. Thorn was the same. Her face, body, and walk were the same as Grace Kelly's but her hair was slightly different.

"OK, Grace," said Mr. Thorn pulling the blindfold off, "Happy anniversary!"

Mrs. Thorn put her hands to her cheeks and screamed like one of those people on a game show who just won a trip to Hawaii. She jumped up and down and went over to her husband. She wrapped her arms around his neck and began to cover his face with kisses. Another perfect couple, I thought with envy.

When she was done with Mr. Thorn, she ran over to the cluster of women standing off to the side. There was one older woman, who I assumed was Margret, and two younger ladies who must be Mary and Jenny. She began to hug each one of them. "OH, you three are in so much trouble," Mrs. Thorn said with a sly smile.

"It was all Daddy's idea," the youngest woman blurted out and pointed at Mr. Thorn.

"I just can't believe you kept this from me," Grace said sternly.

They all looked at the ground submissively. They then said something in unison but I couldn't hear it. I had no trouble hearing Mrs. Thorn though, "You are all going to get such a spanking tonight."

The three women kept looking down but smiles began to grow on their faces. She took the youngest of the ladies by the chin and tipped her face up. For a moment I thought they were going to kiss. "Especially, you Jenny. Tattle-tail," said Mrs. Thorn.

Then to preview what was to come she patted the woman's butt, playfully.

The girl stood as if rooted to the spot and Mrs. Thorn walked over to me. I opened the door for her and she got behind the wheel. She began to caress the leather of the seat and the lacquer of the wooden steering wheel. "I'm glad you like her ma'am," I said a little nervous and very aroused after hearing how she would be giving out spankings later. "Miss Lily, the mechanic who restored the car, sent this," I said handing Mrs. Thorn the scrapbook. Mrs. Thorn began to look through the book. "This way you can see all the stuff they did to restore the car."

Mrs. Thorn's hand touched mine and I felt a jolt. Then she smiled at me and I felt an even bigger shock. I'm gay. 100% gay. I have not so much as thought about a woman, sexually, since I started dating Carl. But when Grace looked at me, I began to doubt that choice. Her gaze was mesmerizing. Classical scholars would have us believe that one look from Helen of Troy was enough to get thousands of men to go to war for her. Grace and Helen of Troy must have been related.

"Hop in," Mrs. Thorn said in a voice as smooth as honey.

"That's OK." I said my mind going a little fuzzy, "Maybe Mr. Thorn..."

"Get in." She said a little more forcefully.

"Yes, ma'am," I said and walked around the back of the car and got in as ordered.

"Travis, what are you doing?" Carl asked a little whine in his tone.

Mrs. Thorn turned her gaze to Carl and he stopped as though he had walked into a wall. His eyes seemed to glaze as Mrs. Thorn spoke, "The young man is going to go for a little drive with me. Is that OK?" She asked. "I promise we will only be a few minutes."

Carl fought her power for a few moments but eventually, he gave up. "Take good care of Mrs. Thorn, Travis," he said as she started the car.

Mrs. Thorn put the car in gear and we were off. We had not quite made it across the parking lot before Grace's hand brushed mine and she said, "He is very handsome. Have you two been together long?"

"I don't know what you're..." I began to protest.

"Oh, sweety," Mrs. Thorn interrupted my feeble attempt at lying by putting her hand on my thigh just like Carl used to.

"About a year," I answered.

"Where are you gentleman from?" She asked, moving her hand up my leg.

The engine roared. She popped the clutch, shifted, and then put her hand back on my leg. "Middleton," I answered.

"That's close to Centerville, isn't it?" Grace asked.

"Yes, ma'am. Very close," I said so happy to be able to say yes to her. "Have you been to Centerville?"

"No." Grace said, "But one of my husband's foster children lives there and I have heard many good things about the town."

"You should really come and see it," I suggested.

"Any good places for Margret to reopen her shop?" Grace asked.

"Oh, yes," I said as the thought of Judy and Riya shopping at Margret's store painted a lovely picture in my mind. "You would love Middleton or Centerville, Mrs. Thorn. We transport all kinds of stuff in the area and I can tell you it is full of the nicest people you will ever meet."

"It sounds lovely," Grace said as she slowed the car for a left turn, "And if you like it, I am sure it will be perfect."

We pulled back into the parking lot to find the woman still standing there talking and Carl and Mr. Thorn looking at something on Mr. Thorn's tablet. Grace pulled up to Mr. Thorn and he opened the door for her. "She is Amazing," Mrs. Thorn reported taking her husband's hand. She then looked over at Carl and added, "And Mr. Travis here has been so helpful."

Carl's expression said, 'What did you do,' but his mouth said, "I am happy to hear that."

"Yes," Grace then turned to Mr. Thorn and the group of women, and announced, "We are moving to Middleton."

Mrs. Thorn turned back to Carl, "And I would like you and Mr. Travis to move us. Are you available?"

Carl simply smiled and said, "Of course, we are," and handed Mrs. Thorn one of his business cards.

"Here is our card," said Carl. Mrs. Thorn's smile dimmed slightly. My wife Riya does all our schedule," Carl explained.

Mrs. Thorn's look of confusion turned to one of surprise as she handed the card to her husband. "Your wife?" she asked skeptically.

She then looked at me. Carl also looked at me. I looked at the ground.

Carl pulled up his phone and began to scroll through pictures. His face soon turned gloomy. I knew for a fact that most of the pictures Carl had of Riya also had Judy in them and so I couldn't think of which picture he was going to show Mrs. Thorn. After about thirty seconds I jumped in and tried to save the day.

I pulled up a picture of Judy and Riya on the beach in Jamaica and did my best to crop Judy out. "This is Riya," I said handing Mrs. Thorn my phone.

Mrs. Thorn took my phone. She then undid my cropping and licked her lips as she looked at the full picture of Riya and Judy. "I see," said Mrs. Thorn, her tone conveying that she saw a lot. "Your wife is quite lovely. Does she, ever help with the transporting?"

Mrs. Thorn handed me back my phone. Carl stared daggers at me before responding, "She did when we were first getting started." Real admiration was apparent on his face. "She is a very capable woman, but I promised her after that she would never have to do any of the physical work again."

Mrs. Thorn put her hand to her cheek and pondered his answer. "Pity," said Mrs. Thorn, "She is so beautiful. Well, I can't wait to at least talk to her. She sounds like an interesting woman."

She shook Carl's hand, "Thank you so much for delivering my new car. I look forward to working with you and your WIFE (Grace emphasized the word wife) in the future." She gave my cheek a peck and whispered, "You must really love him."

I sighed heavily and my scalp began to tingle. "Now who wants a ride in my new toy?" Grace asked and all three women raised their hands at once.

Back in the truck, Carl yawned for the hundredth time and just sat in the driver's seat. Our day had begun at 12:01 am. We had driven for ten hours to Virginia. We had then driven for five hours to the Thorn's. I set 'home' as our destination and google maps announced that we had another five-and-a-half-hour drive ahead of us.

88girfriend
88girfriend
203 Followers