My New Job Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How did I let Judy talk me into this?" Carl groaned.

"The same way you let Judy talk us into everything," I said looking at him, "She has the force and we are far too weak-minded to resist her."

"You may be onto something there," Carl said with a chuckle and a glimmer of the old Carl appearing. "And what about that Mrs. Thorn," Carl asked as I snuggled up to him, "I mean, wow."

"You're telling me," I said moving his hand so that it was on my thigh, "I love you, Carl. I am 100% in love with you but If Grace had asked me to stay the night with her, I am not sure I could have resisted."

"I know," Carl confirmed, "She has whatever Judy has, but times ten."

"Maybe Judy is a Jedi and Mrs. Thorn is a Sith lord," I said, "The dark side is supposed to be more powerful."

"I am not sure what frightens me more," said Carl giving me a very concerned look. "That I followed your line of thinking or that I agree with it."

I shrugged and tried to look cute. Carl turned back to the windshield and closed his eyes again. "Is that how she figured out we're together?" Carl asked already knowing the answer. "She used her Sith powers to read your mind?"

"Yeah. Sure. I'll go with that," I answered.

"Travis," Carl growled. "You have got to stop telling everyone we are together."

"First of all, I didn't tell her about us, I just confirmed and second of all what's the problem?"

"The problem is now she knows. And if she knows then her husband will know and then she will tell all the people in that little family of theirs."

"Right but what is wrong with that? We have been together for almost a year. I will admit at first the cloak-and-dagger thing, was a lot of fun. But it's getting old. Besides I have bad news for you, Carl, that we are together is probably the worsted kept secret in Middleton. Sal the guy at the adult bookstore knows. Ami Cooper knows. Carrol Lewis knows. In fact, I am pretty sure that the only person in Middleton that doesn't know is my parents and it's only a matter of time before they figure it out."

"I have known your parents a long time, Travis," Carl said in a very skeptical tone, "And I don't think they will ever figure it out."

"Fair enough," I agreed, "They are kind of head-in-the-sand people. But that's not the point."

"So, what's the point?" Carl asked the stress beginning to show on his face and in his tone.

"The point is," My eyes began to well up, "I am getting tired of being your dirty little secret."

At that moment Carl's phone rang. He instinctively put the phone to his ear. I moved away towards the door pissed as hell that he took a call in the middle of a very serious discussion.

"Carl," Carl said.

I sulked.

"You could at least put that on speaker, you know," I said more than a little testy.

Carl complied and Riya's tinny voice came through the phone, "...to move all of your pickups that you were supposed to do tomorrow to the day after. I have a strange one and I wanted to ask you about it before I said OK. Miss Lewis called."

"Is the mirror done?" I asked perking up a little at the thought of seeing Miss Lewis again.

"Yes," Riya confirmed, "Miss Lewis says she needs help moving it and will only work with us. She seemed a little odd on the phone. Are you sure you want to work with her?"

"Odd but harmless. She was assaulted several years ago," Carl explained, "She has very bad PTSD."

"Oh. Poor thing." Riya said empathetically.

"She's very nice," Carl went on. "Tell her we can get her mirror moved for her."

"OK," Riya said and then went on, "I pushed back a few other things next week so you guys will only have to do morning jobs."

"What?" Carl asked, "Why?"

"Because it is going to be in the 90s with 200% humidity all next week and I do not want you or Travis to die of heat-stroke," Riya explained, "Well at least not Travis," she amended in a joking tone, "You, dying of heat stroke would be fine. I just paid your life insurance premium. Besides, then I could finally, marry Judy."

"You can't marry someone that is already married," Carl argued back a little too loud in my opinion.

I could help but wonder if the thought of losing Riya was the real reason Carl seem to be so on edge lately. Was he afraid of losing her? Arthur had been talking a lot about coming out, divorcing Judy, and marrying Jason lately. Carl said Arthur had made similar promises to Ethan and it had never happened but we had been spending a lot of time at Arthur's and Jason's lately and Arthur seemed pretty genuine.

"She proposed to me again last night at dinner..." Riya reported, her voice completely serious now.

"That's great." I rang in.

"Thank you, Travis," Riya responded.

"Judy says Arthur promised he would be giving her a divorce soon," Riya explained. "He wants to stop hiding."

"But hiding is so much fun," I said sarcastically.

Carl asked, "What did you say?"

"I'm sorry," Riya asked confused.

"You said, 'Judy asked you to marry her again'. I asked, 'What did you tell Judy?'" Carl reminded her.

"I said I would have to talk it over with you first, and of course, It would depend on if and or when she and Arthur got divorced," Riya answered.

Carl pressed his hands to his forehead and mumbled, "Oh Arthur. You never make anything simple." He then took a deep breath and looked over at me.

"Hypothetically speaking," my heart began to beat faster, "How hard would it be for us to get a divorce?"

"Carl Richard Khan," said Riya in her all-business voice. "If you're messing with me..."

"I'm not. I promise," Carl said into the phone. "I think it may be time for us to stop pretending too."

The cab of the truck was silent. Carl took several more, deep breaths. "I want you and Judy to be happy. You have put up with me for over 30 years. You have more than served your time."

"Oh, Carl..." Riya responded, "I've never thought of our life together that way. I do love you. You're the best husband in the world. I could never have hoped for..."

"I know," Carl cut her off. I think I stopped breathing a couple of times I was so excited. "But Judy is the one for you. She always has been and always will be."

"How hard would it be for us to get a divorce?" Carl asked again.

"Since we don't have any children," She paused and then added, "Other than, Travis. And I am pretty sure which of us he is going to want to go with. The only thing we would have to worry about is dividing up our assets."

"And how hard will that be?" Carl asked looking gloomy again.

"Pretty easy," Riya answered, "since I don't want anything except, my car, my clothes, a few pictures." Riya paused, "Oh, and the waffle iron."

"But that's my favor waffle iron," Carl argued back. I was not sure if he was joking or not. We could hear Riya starting to laugh even through the crappy speakerphone, "Why don't you start putting the paperwork together. That way when Arthur divorces Judy you two can get married right away," Carl suggested. "Besides, I'm sorry to have to tell you this over the phone," Carl reached over and took my hand, "but I've met someone. Someone very special."

"I know," Riya said with a sniffle. "Give Travis a kiss for me."

Carl, always the loyal husband did what his wife told him and gave me a kiss.

So many things were going through my head at that point. I was shocked Carl and Riya were even talking about this. I was so happy for Riya and even happier for Jason. I have to admit I almost missed the fact that Carl said 'when' not 'if.' Carl was Arthur's best friend. Could Arthur have already made up his mind? Did Carl know something Riya and I didn't? I made a mental note to ask him about it later.

"OK," Riya sniffled, "if you're sure?"

Carl began to massage my hand, "I'm sure."

"Drive safe," I could hear the joy in Riya's voice, "I love you both."

"We love you too," Carl and I said together. Carl was about to hang up but then I mouthed 'Mrs. Thorn.' "Oh, we also have a new client Mrs. Thorn. She will be calling here soon to schedule a total house and business move."

"OK. I'll block off a week next month. Are we going to need a big rig?" Riya asked back in business mode.

"Yes, and you need to be very careful when talking to Mrs. Thorn." Carl looked over at me, "Travis thinks she may be a Sith lord."

"Come again?" Asked Riya.

"I'd say she's probably like Darth Talon level," I spoke toward the phone, "So you will only have to be a little cautious. I mean we're not talking Darth Zannah here," I explained.

"I'll explain when we get home," Carl said shaking his head.

"I know the Sith Lords, Carl." Riya said a little testy, "I've read all the books and played most of the games," Riya remarked. "Don't worry Travis I'll be careful. Love you, boys."

And with that, Riya hung up.

"I'm thirsty." I said almost in a whisper, "I'm going to run into that Dollar General and get a drink. I will be right back."

"Good idea," Carl said looking tired. "I'm just going to sit here and check out for a minute."

Knowing Carl need to check out for more than just a few minutes I took my time and returned about thirty minutes later. "The bad news is they only had those little bags of chips from a company I have never heard of," I said getting back in the truck. "The good news is that had your favorite tea."

Carl opened his eyes and looked over taking a bottle of green tea, "Thank you, Travis."

Carl started the truck and we went down the road toward home. Ten minutes later I asked, "Pita? Riya's not leaving us forever."

He didn't answer so I moved closer to him and then moved Carl's hand to my thigh. I smiled up at him but he just kept his eyes on the road.

"I know," Carl said eventually risking a look in my direction, "I just have a lot on my plate right now."

"Now that the trailer is empty, did you want me to drive some?" I asked.

"No," Carl said but looked so tired. "We're almost there."

I looked at my GPS. It showed we still had over five hours of driving left. I was about to say something when his phone called out "In one mile, take exit 240."

"What?" I thought then said, "That can't be right."

Carl followed instructions and took the exit. Ten minutes later we pulled into a hotel parking lot designated for semi-trucks and trucks with trailers. "I hit my hours quite a while ago," Carl explained. "It's not safe for us to keep going so we're stopping."

"That makes sense," I said as Carl got out of the truck. He opened the rear door of the truck and grabbed his emergency overnight bag. I reached into the back and found that I had forgotten my emergency overnight, again.

I gave him a sheepish grin, "does this hotel have laundry service?"

"Lord, give me strength," Carl mumbled and looked skyward.

There was a path that led from the parking lot to the hotel. It was a pleasant little wooded area that was filled with flowers and birdbaths. Somewhere along the way, I stopped to look at a male cardinal. Carl stopped too and just watched me. He hadn't done that in a long time. Then he did something he had never done before; he took my hand as we walked down the path.

We walked still holding hands through the front door, through the lobby, and up to the front desk. Behind the front desk was a very handsome young man. He had a basketball player's frame with short black hair and brown eyes. He had a phone to his ear a rather large woman standing at the counter asking him questions, while two housekeeps stood behind him talking to each other. It made my head hurt just looking at him and I was not standing in the middle of this verbal tornado.

To his credit he quickly got the woman checked in. Then answered a couple of questions for the person on the phone and with a series of hand gestures managed to get the housekeeps to not only lower their voices but also to move to what looked like a side office. I was impressed.

Now that he was not occupied Carl and I approached the front desk and were greeted by a very pleasant, "Good afternoon and how can I help you, gentlemen?"

His badge said his name was, Trent. "We were wondering if you have any rooms available."

"Do you have a reservation?" asked Trent looking over at his prepared check-in folders. He stood ready to grab the key once he knew our name.

"We do not," Carl admitted.

"Oh," Trent began to chew on his lower lip, "Let me see. How long would you be staying with us?"

"Just tonight," Carl answered, "I've hit my driving hours."

"Oh. OK." Trent said as his hands flew over the computer keys, "That's too bad." Then Trent looked scared that he had said the wrong thing, "Or in this case good, as you will be staying with us."

I gave Trent a nice-save thumbs up and a wink. Trent smiled and kept looking. "Have you stayed with us before?" Trent asked buying time.

"Oh Yes," Carl said pulling out a rewards card and handing it to Trent, "lots of times."

Trent took the card and looked at it. He then turned slightly green, "Oh Mr. Khan I am so sorry you had to wait. As a premier member, you can skip check-in altogether using the app."

"That's fine we didn't mind the wait," Carl said in a pleasant voice, "And besides then we got to watch you in action."

My mind was spinning. Not only had Carl gotten the fence pole out of his butt and returned to full kindness mode he was standing here flirting with the desk clerk. I hadn't been this happy or turned on in months. "Sorry for the short notice," I interjected taking a better look at Trent.

"No problem," said Trent still looking nervous, "I'm sure we have something." Then Trent leaned in and whispered in a conspiratorial tone. "We always keep a few rooms empty just in case someone such as yourself stops in."

"Good to know," responded Carl.

Trent hit enter and smiled, "I have a nice suite room 112."

"That sounds nice," Carl responded, "But we really just need a regular room."

"Yes sir," said Trent but since you and..." Trent trailed off looking at me.

"Travis," I said assuming he wanted my name.

Trent let out a breath and mouthed thank you before turning back to Carl, "Since I have made you and Travis wait it's the least, we can do. Naturally, I will comp the suite so it is the same regular rate for our regular room."

"You are so nice Trent," Carl cooed, "But that's not necessary."

"I'm afraid I must insist Mr. Khan," Said Trent putting a little folder with two key cards on the desk, "Besides, it's already done."

Well played Trent I thought. Carl picked up the key folder. "Very well. But I insisted on leaving a good review about you Trent. Your service has been above and beyond."

"That's not necessary, Mr. Khan," Trent blushed like a school girl, "Breakfast is from 6 to 10 and if you need anything else feel free to call me here at the desk, I'm on for another hour or so," Trent pulled out a piece of paper and wrote down a set of numbers, "and after that here is my personal number in case you need my more personal attention."

"Thanks, Trent," I said snatching the paper, "I did have one question."

"Yes, Mr. Travis." Asked Trent beaming at me.

"I seem to have forgotten my overnight bag does the hotel have a laundry service?" I asked.

"We sure do," Trent responded like he had just won the lottery. Trent handed me a clear plastic bag and a white fluffy robe wrapped in cellophane. "You just put your dirty stuff in this bag, then put the bag on the doorknob and I will have housekeeping pick it up and get it back to you later this evening."

"You're so sweet," I said beamed, "I could almost kiss you."

Trent went crimson. Carl started down the hall. I looked at Trent a little longer. "Come on Travis," Carl called, "Trent has work to do."

I took a candid picture of Trent and then added his number to my contacts, "Later Trent."

I caught up with Carl halfway down the hall. As we walked, I took Carl's arm. "What was all that about?" Carl asked.

"Oh nothing," I responded. "I think Trent likes us."

Carl looked back in the direction of the front desk. Trent had come around the service desk and watched us walk down the hall. Caught ogling, Trent gave me a girly hand wave. Carl smiled at him and I returned his wave.

Carl smiled and then put the key card in the door. We walked into the room which was, in fact, three rooms. There was a kitchenette/sitting room, flanked on either side by a large bedroom and an equally large bathroom on the other. Carl sat down in the nearest chair and pulled out his phone. I decided to explore.

In the bedroom was a large king-size bed, end tables, and a small dresser. Above the small dresser was a pretty good-sized flat-panel TV. The window offered a lovely view of the parking lot which was pretty full. I closed the drapes darkening the room. I also set the thermostat to 68 knowing that was the temperature Carl likes.

I looked into the sitting room to find Carl looking at emails. I took my shoes off. Then I removed my shirt, pants, and underwear. Finally, I added my soaks to the bag and pulled the drawstrings. I reached for the robe but then got a better idea. I left it where it was.

I walked to the room's front door, opened it just enough to hang the bag with my clothes in it on the doorknob, and then closed it. "Hey Carl," I said walking back into the sitting room.

"Yes, Travis."

"I got my clothes hung out for housekeeping."

"That's good," Carl responded absent-mindedly.

I walked up behind him and dropped the robe in Carl's lap. I then began to rub his shoulders, "Could you open this for me," I asked as I showed him the laundry bag full of my dirty clothes, "I can't seem to get it open."

Carl was tired but obviously, he wasn't that tired as it only took his brain a few seconds to figure out that if all my clothes were in the laundry bag and the robe was in his lap then that must mean I was naked. He spun the chair around and came face to naval with me. He tossed the unopened robe on the floor between his feet. I am not sure if it was his plan for me to use the robe as a kneeling pad but if it was it was a good one.

I untied his shoes and remove them setting them off to the side. I then undid and unzipped his pants pulling them off. I then laid my head down on his inner thigh and said, "This is nice Pita."

He unconsciously began to rub my head. We just sat like that for a while listening to the world go by. "Travis," said Carl as he lifted Travis off his thigh.

"Yes Pita," I asked filled with excitement. "Does Pita want me to..."

"I do," Carl said then sighed, "But, nap first."

Carl stood. He took my hands and pulled me up. Then he put his hands on my shoulders and leaned in for a kiss. Our lips connected softly at first then harder. I pulled back a little. I could feel the hunger in his kiss. His tongue and mine hugged for the first time in a while and I completely forgot about everything but breathing.

While I was distracted Carl lifted me off my feet and carried me toward the bedroom. I put my arms around his neck and rested my cheek against Carl's hairy chest. It felt so good. It felt like coming home.

I had turned down the bed earlier while I undressed so it was ready for us. Carl laid me on the bed and then went to the other side of the bed and crawled in beside me. He began to rub my back. My muscles soften under his touch. He rubbed my back lovingly for several minutes and I began to think maybe he had changed his mind about pre-nap sex. "Oh Travis," cooed Carl as his hands roamed lower and lower. "You were so cute before," Carl said as he wrapped his arms around me and began to run his fingers up and down my flat stomach. "But you are becoming more and more handsome every day."

"Does Pita like me becoming more handsome," I asked more than a little fear in my voice, "Or do you want me to move back to cute? Jason keeps trying to talk me into wearing..."