My New Life Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm better than those two floozies you have taken up with."

"Those two sweet girls have asked me for nothing. Everything I have done for them is because I wanted to and they have been thankful for. So get out of my life and stay out."

She took off for her office steamed and crying. I wasn't falling for her shit so let her cry her eyes out.

I looked over at Sue and shook my head and said, "Sorry you had to see that."

"You don't have to apologize, all she has done is mope around here about how you owe her since you hit the lottery. She is nothing but a selfish bitch and you will be much happier with out her baggage. Sue said.

"Thanks." I said and went off to find Tony to work with him for a couple of hours.

----------------------------------------

Tony and I got finished up around 11:15 and the caterer had gotten to the kitchen area with the food and proceeded to set everything up in the big conference room to serve.

The girls came back and asked Sue if there was anyplace that they could change clothes. She pointed them to the back women's rest room where they changed into the outfits they had bought.

I came out to the reception area and asked Sue if she had seen the girls yet.

"Yeah they went to the restroom a few minutes ago and should..Oh, here they come...Wow!" she exclaimed.

I turned around and was blown away with how good they looked in their matching outfits and shoes.

"Damn! You girls outdid yourselves this time!" I exclaimed.

"Will these do for you class reunion?" Kenz asked smiling.

"Most defiantly. Every guy will envy me when I walk in with you two on my arm and every gal is going to be jealous."

They both beamed at my comment.

"Let's get in line for lunch unless you want to change back so someone doesn't spill anything on your outfits."

"Maybe we had better go back and change into our capris." Kala said and they headed back to change.

"Just a minute, I said. I want a picture of you two looking like that."

I pulled out my phone just as Sue got out the good camera and handed it to me.

"Pretty smiles." I said and took a picture of them just as Pam walked back down the hall to see them then went into the kitchenette.

Pam went tight lipped and shot daggers at me with her eyes and kept on going.

Sue just laughed as I handed her the camera back. She took the SD card out and put it in her computer saying, I'll forward it to Bob so he can send it to you."

"Thanks. OK, girls get changed quickly, Bob is waiting on us to start the lunch line."

They hurried back and got changed then came back carrying their packages leaving them at Sue's desk to pick up on the way out.

Pam came back out as Sue was getting up to get in the lunch line carrying a bowl of something from the kitchenette headed to her desk still shooting daggers at me. Kenz saw the look she gave me and said, "What's up with her?"

Sue spoke up before I could say anything, "That's Scott's ex-girlfriend. She's not happy about you two being here today. She was hoping to get back in his good graces now that he's a multi-millionaire." Grinning. "You two missed the fireworks here in the lobby after you left between her and Scott."

Kala and Kenz both gave me a quizzical look. "Later, I said." Let's get this show started, I'm hungry.

We started to get in line behind others already waiting and Bob spoke up and said, "Eh, Eh, Eh, Scott, you and the girls come to the head of the line. You are the one that paid for this spread."

My face turned red as I took the girls by each arm and guided them to the front of the line to applause, back slaps and thank you's.

I started to get plates for the girls and Bob being Bob said, "Not yet, Scott, you need to say something."

Not one for speeches, "Let's dig in." I said.

"Afraid not. You're at least going to introduce these two lovely young ladies to everyone. Then say a few words besides "Let's dig in." Not going to cut it buddy." Bob continued.

I just looked at him and then, "Everyone, I would like you to meet my two frie...What the heck, my two new girlfriends. [Lots of hooting and hollering as the girls faces turned a bright red as did mine.] This is Makala pointing to Kala and this is Makenz Jones from Fairfield. ["How do you tell them apart?" from the middle of the line.] It's a challenge sometimes, especially when they are dressed alike like they are today. Now, I want to say a big thank you to those who I have worked with the past two plus years that have helped me in my short career as a mechanical engineer here at Warhammer. There are way too many to name but want to especially thank Bob and Steve. Bob who took a chance on me and hired me and Steve for being a good carpooling buddy and co-worker. And I don't want to leave Sue out who's has been a big help with setting up meetings, travel arrangements and keeping me in line. Warhammer has been a good place to start a career. But now I'm, thanks to my good fortune, on to other things in life. Thank you all for coming to have dinner with the girls and I. NOW LET'S DIG IN!" I finally shouted getting a round of applause.

I looked over at the girls and they had big grins on their faces.

We had a nice lunch and I hung around for about a half an hour talking to some that I had worked with letting them know I'd still be back in the office a day or so a week for then next month or two helping Tony take the reigns on the project I was slated to start.

While we were getting ready to leave, Kenz said, "We saw Gram's and mom pull into the South Central Rehab facility across from the mall when we pulled out from getting the outfits."

I gave her a quizzical look and said, "Interesting."

I said goodbyes and we grabbed the girls' packages and left.

----------------------------------------

We got in the truck to go check out the two furniture stores the girls found items at to look over.

As we past the mall area we spotted Gram's leaving by herself heading toward the highway back to Fairfield.

"Looks like your mom may have checked in to rehab. Maybe it will turn out that the restraining order may not be needed." I said.

"It would be nice but I'm not going to hold my breath." Kenz said.

We got to the first furniture store and I liked the bedroom suites the girls picked out and we decided on a dining set as well. I offered to put $500 down to hold them since they were in stock. I told the sales associate that I was hoping to close on a deal early Monday and if it goes as planned, I would like them delivered after I electronically transferred the balance. I would let them know on Monday to set up delivery as soon as possible pending the successful deal.

She talked with her boss and the owner and he was fine with the arrangement.

We then headed to the second store and made a similar deal with them for the living room suite the girls picked out.

We left headed back to Fairfield.

"Wow, I'm impressed with your two's choices of furniture. I really liked what you guys picked out. Are you sure it's something you both really like?"

"Yes." They both said again at the same time.

About that time my cell rang. It was Tom the GC.

"Hello Tom, what's up."

"When are you headed to the complex this afternoon?" he asked.

"I'm headed back to Fairfield now from Mt. Vernon can be there in about 40 minutes give or take if need be."

"No rush, I'll be there about 3:15 to look everything over. The subs will be done by then from what they told me this morning. Would like for you to look everything over to see if it meets your satisfaction. Sid should be there around then as well." He said.

"Sounds good, were you able to get the stuff done on the attached unit to the office?'

"Yeah they should be finished by now."

"Super. I like it when a plan comes together." Laughing.

"You and me both buddy." He joked back.

"See you this afternoon then. Bye." disconnecting.

"Well sounds like things will be finished for my final walk through by about 3:30 this afternoon."

"Awesome." Both girls sounded off together.

----------------------------------------

"What are your Sunday schedules?" I asked.

"We are off again on Sunday and have to work 3:00 to closing again on Monday." Kenz replied.

"Have we got time to stop and talk to Gram's?" Kenz asked. "I'd like to find out about mom if you don't mind."

"Can do." I said. 'hope things work out with their mother.' I thought.

"Thanks. You are a real sweetheart." She said leaning into me and kissing my cheek since she was next to me in the truck.

We drove on making plans for supper tonight planning on taking Gram's over to eat at the Inn in the next state.

"Now, I want you two to plan on me taking each of you out for a date separately. We are going to go to Louisville, Ky for dinner and a movie or something and get a motel for the night. This will be a night with just one of you and I by ourselves. Then I will do the same for the other. You two get to figure out which of you will go first and be nice about it this is not about favorites between you two. I am just as fond of one as I am the other."

"Seriously?" they both screamed the same time.

"As a heart attack." I said. "In fact I plan on doing this every month going some place different. Like Indy, St. Louis, Cincy. Etc."

You could feel the electricity of excitement in both of them.

About that time, we got to Gram's.

----------------------------------------

The girls got out and I was going to wait in the truck.

Kala turned and motioned me to follow them.

I got out and we all went inside. Gram's was sitting at the kitchen table drinking a glass of tea.

"So, did you girls have fun this morning?" she asked.

"Yes we did. Let us show you what we got. But first, what was up with you and mom at the rehab facility? Kenz and I saw you two pull in when we came out of the mall but when we had finished lunch and went back to the furniture stores you were pulling out by yourself." Kenz blurted out.

"I took your mother over to let her admit herself in for a 2 month rehab. I've got to go to the bank and see if I can work out a loan to cover it though." Gram's said, looking worried.

"No you don't." I spoke up. "I'll cover it."

"I can't let you do that. This is not your problem." Gram's said. The girls looking at me with wide eyes.

"I want to and I won't take no for an answer. I would like to see things get better between the girls and their mother if at all possible." I insisted.

Gram's broke down crying, "God. [sob] Y..you [sob]..don't know..[sob].what this means..t..to...me. [sniff] I..I can't thank you enough." She got up and gave me a hug.

I could see tears starting to form in both girl's eyes.

I looked at them and said, "Go put on your outfits and let your Gram's see the two of you."

The girls took off for the bedroom to change.

Gram's poured me a glass of tea and I sat down with her to wait on the girls. It was taking a bit and finally about 20 minutes later they both walked into the kitchen. "I was stunned at Warhammer but this...this is over the top! WOW!" They had done their hair up and put on just a touch of makeup and just wow!

They were both grinning and Gram's just sat there in total shock at the two beautiful young ladies.

Finally, "Scott take a picture of them for me and I'll get it printed and framed. I want to take it to Molly for her to have while she is in rehab to remind her why she is doing it."

I had the girls stand on the front porch with the front door as the background and took three pictures and decide that two were worth framing. I went out and got my laptop transferring the images to my laptop and copying them to an SD drive. Then bringing up the pictures on my laptop, "God, you two are gorgeous!" I exclaimed. "I can't wait to squire you two to my class reunion in two weeks.

Gram's was beaming with pride in the two.

"Is there visitation allowed at the rehab center?" I asked.

"Yes, she can have visitors from 3:00-9:00 PM any evening starting tomorrow." Gram's said.

"Let's go past the office supply and get these printed and some frames so they can be taken back to your mother."

"Gram's, we'll be back about 5:00 and are taking you across the river to the Inn for supper this evening. Be ready." I said putting up my laptop and getting up to go after the girls came back dressed in their capris and sneakers.

"Oh, she can only have a cardboard picture frame in the center due to issues with withdrawal. Gram's said.

"OK" I said.

She motioned the girls to come over to her. Kenz said, "go ahead and put your laptop behind the seat. We'll be right behind you."

----------------------------------------

Gram's pulled the girls to her for a hug and said, "I swear, if at least one of you don't keep this guy, I'll disown the lot of you."

"We don't plan on letting him get away." They said in unison. Both girls grinning.

----------------------------------------

Friday afternoon -- Third week:

We got to office supply store and had the pictures printed. The clerk was totally dumbfounded at the picture and kept looking from the girls to the picture and back again.

"God, Ma...Makala, I..I n...never new you a...and your sister could look s...so hot." He finally stammered out.

I looked at him and grinned, "Down boy. They are mine."

His mouth flew open so wide, I could have driven the RV into it.

"Shit! No fair." I heard him mutter under his breath.

"Do you have cheap cardboard picture frames?" I asked.

"Isle 13." he said.

We went to Isle 13 and found a nice wood grained cardboard frame that had some double backed sticky tape as well as a fold out stand and grabbed it. Then just down from it was a real nice wood frame that I picked out for Gram's to have a picture of the girls as well.

"Gram's said mom could only have a cardboard frame." Kala said.

"The other one is for Gram's." I said.

"OH! She'll like that." Kenz said.

I also got the video frame for the movie of the Eagle at Kentucky Lake that Kenz captured.

We paid and I headed over to the complex so we could check it out. It was 3:00 by now so Tom and Sid should be there soon. Sid already was waiting on us.

----------------------------------------

He got out and walked up to the office as we were entering. "Wow, you two girls look nice." He said.

I pulled out the picture in the wood frame and watched his jaw drop. "Holy crap!" was his statement.

The girls both blushed and I smiled brightly. We no sooner got inside and Tom pulled in. The contractors were loading up their equipment.

Sid said, "Let's go and get this over with. This should go quickly."

The girls decided to tag along as a learning experience.

Tom said as he got out of his truck, "Hey guys. I think you are going to be pleased with the work. Hey girls, when are you going to dump this guy and take up with a real man?" Winking at us.

"There's someone better around here?" Kala quipped.

"Yeah." Kenz chimed in. "Show him to me. I dare ya."

Sid and Tom just looked at each other and grinned. Sid said, "I'm not going to take that challenge on."

"Nah, me either." Tom said.

Both girls together, "You'd loose!" giggling.

"Quick on the comeback, aren't they?" Tom asked rhetorically.

----------------------------------------

We looked over the drainage and found it to have been done well and should more than pass inspection by the county inspector.

We then headed to the one bedroom building and looked over all the other work and found it to be to code as well as the other items that Sid had noted were corrected.

Sid spoke first, "I'm satisfied with the work."

"I am too." I said. "I believe that we are good to go."

Both of the subs were glad to hear that.

The electrical contractor said, "I used this as a training experience for my workers and this should never happen again. I would appreciate if you would consider us as you continue the build out."

I said, "I'll think about it and talk to Tom since he is going to be the GC and Sid to get their feelings."

"Oh, I'd like to have any of the left over wiring that was not used if it was paid for by the construction project. Even scraps." I said. "That goes for plumbing too."

Sid and Tom just grinned.

"The wiring scraps are in that small dumpster over there kept separately from the other trash. If we aren't going to be a sub going forward, I plan on picking up the dumpster in the next week. If the stuff is still in it then it will go with me." The electrical sub aid. "There is about a hundred and thirty feet on the roll in the truck. I will leave it here in the office garage if you want."

"Fair enough and the garage would be fine." I said. "I will leave it there for future use on other units no matter who gets the work."

The site prep contractor then spoke up and said, "I busted the foreman that handled this the first time back to a laborer and promoted the guy that brought up the discrepancy to me when it was done to foreman. I'd like to be considered in any further work you might have as well."

The three of us thanked them both for getting this fixed in a prompt manner and we departed shaking hands.

After the subs pulled out, Tom said, "I think that was a humbling experience for both subs to have to come in and fix the issues but they did make it good. I have thoroughly looked over the construction of the whole site and don't see anything else that should present an issue going forward."

"I concur. Sid said.

"Good, glad to see you both are in agreement." I said. I'll call Jerry at the bank and tell him to expect me first thing Monday to sign off on the contract and make the payment.

Tom then said, "You will find the attached unit to the office move in ready, it just needs appliances and furniture and it's ready to go. The water heaters and faucets need to be finished in the single bedroom units along with three units needing painted as well as the finish work on the duplexes but that was not part of the corrections and the sub contractors were not paid for that work."

"Great, I'll be having appliances delivered Monday afternoon and installed and furniture on Tuesday in the attached unit."

"Let me know when you have full possession and I'll get the crews in here by Wednesday to start finishing the one bedroom building and the finish work on the other two duplexes. When Sid gets the necessary changes to the garage and we get it approved, I'll get a crew going on that as well." Tom said.

"This has been a pleasant experience so far and I hope it continues. I think it will be a good asset to the community with the plant completing by January." I said. "If you two don't have anything else, I'll cut you loose to your other work and see you both later, hopefully next week early."

"Sounds like someone is in a hurry to get to something else." Sid chided with a wink.

Tom chuckled and said, "See you gents and young ladies later."

----------------------------------------

The girls and I went back to the attached apartment to look it over before leaving and while I was there I called Cody Reed.

"Hey Cody." When he answered. "This is Scott, hold me a delivery time for Monday afternoon if you have one available for the appliances for the two bedroom unit. [pause] Yeah, looks like I'll be taking possession on Monday morning, the work has been completed to our satisfaction. [pause] 2:00? That will be fine. See ya." disconnecting.

I then called Jerry Lewis.

"Hello, Jerry." When he answered. "This is Scott Stevens, the work has been completed to our satisfaction on the apartment complex and I can be there first thing Monday to sign the contract and finalize the purchase. [pause] 9:30. See you then. Bye."

----------------------------------------

"God! This is really happening!" Kenz exclaimed.