All Comments on 'My Night Out with the Girls'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 77 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Excellent!

I give you 5*s for writing the story of the year. Thank you.

enderlocke27enderlocke27about 4 years ago
umm

if that wasn't a LW story then LW stories dont exist lol nice little feel good story even though i have read it before

xtchrxtchrabout 4 years ago
Wow!

A story like this in "loving wives"! It's so nice to read a story about a woman who knows what a loving wife should be. A woman who actually has her act together. I do really believe that there are women like this out there. Thanks for a good, upbeat story.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyabout 4 years ago

What a paragon of self realization is Cheryl - satisfied and grateful, firm in her beliefs and profoundly committed to her family. Nicely rendered. Thanks

ArediaArediaabout 4 years ago

Great story! Thank-you! :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Anonymous

It is nice to read a story about a truly faithful and loving wife.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Very good!

You don't see many writers with the confidence and skill to tell a loving wife story about an actual loving wife without it being boring. You're good!

fritz51fritz51about 4 years ago
Now that, is a perfect loving wife, almost.

I'm bothered by a wife going out clubbing with single women & acting single, drinking and dancing without her husband's presence or knowledge. Reading the story discloses that when these co-workers went out, they not only danced with guys, but at some point, the men (the same guys) got invited to pull up a table and join them.

If Cheryl were my wife and some friend of mine sent me video of her dancing & drinking with men at some dive, there would be some serious discussion when she got home. And if the men were also sitting at a booth or table with her, a very heated serious discussion would follow. At minimum, her GNOs would be over.

It is disrespectful for a wife to "act" single, even if she wasn't the one behind arranging these guys to show up, Cheryl should have left the first time men sat down with them at a club, then told her husband when she got home. That she didn't do either should result in a response from her hubby, if (or when) he found out.

However, when the chips were down, she walked. Good wife. But not perfect.

Great story & well written-

*****'s for putting a smile on my face during this fucked up pandemic.

Bebop3Bebop3about 4 years ago

Sweet story. Nicely done.

BarryJames1952BarryJames1952about 4 years ago

Nicely done! Short, sweet, and well written. 5*

The Style GuyThe Style Guyabout 4 years ago
Another great one!

Thanks for your continued efforts!

ReadyOneReadyOneabout 4 years ago
Amen!

A spouse who talked the talk and walked the walk!

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 4 years ago

Romance is the best category for this story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
This belongs in the loving wives category

I loved it and was happy to read a story where the wife stood up to her slut friends and didnt betray her husband, 5 stars!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 4 years agoAuthor
Thank you for the kind remarks.

I did originally write this for the Loving Wives category, but I just don't need the assault of those people who will say "She was cheating all along..." and "Another cuck story..." and all that nonsense. The idea for this started when my sister sent me a photograph of her with 2 of her girlfriends having a beer after work one night. I thought about all those "Girls Night Out" stories that turn into infidelity and I wanted to write about a wife who knows where the line is drawn and deserves to be trusted, a husband who does trust her, and a loving marriage between dedicated adults. So in the end, I sent it to Romance. Be well and thanks for reading my story.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110about 4 years ago
Finally! A little realism

There are loyal loving wives out there. This belongs in the the Loving Wives catagory. Afterall, that is what it is. Isn't it? Thank you for a story about a truly loving wife. A 5 Star Rating.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

A good story with a good message. And well written with all the commas in the right place - so much easier to read.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 4 years ago
Real LW romance

This is the best place for a sweet romantic LW story like this, because that section hardly has anything more than 5% worth reading. This is worth 5* in any category.

26thNC26thNCabout 4 years ago
Great story

Nothing like a great Just_Words story to wash the bad taste of LW out of your system. Great story showing that not all girl's nights end in infidelity.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Real loving wife

This is one really great story. That Cheryl is a keeper, "I almost slapped the stupid off her"is a beautiful line. Best girls night out story I've read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A sincere attempt at righteous indignation, . . .

but a bit late, and too muted.

How much time do you spend socializing with, or even enjoying the company of, a coworker who is embezzling from the company? I get you wanted to setup the behavior of the good wife in contrast to the slut wives, but it was incongruent that the good wives, including the MC would enjoy the company of the cheaters. Adulterers are obnoxious and repulsive, and don't usually make fun friends.

It was unfortunate that your theme seemed to be that being a married wife was staid and low energy, or at least boringly predictable. If you have a good marriage you know that's just the opposite, even more so if you have children. Of course the operative word is "good" marriage. No bad relationship of any sort is energetic or enjoyable. And that includes relationships with slut colleagues.

You fell for the new age admonition, don't be judgemental. What a crock of anti-logic. Probably the single most important attribute of a child versus an adult is the ability to make sound judgements. We denigrate our intellects and our common sense when we allow the self-anointed thought Nasi's to tell intelligent responsible adults what is or is not appropriate judgement. As usual they are cowards and bullies who want to silence proponents of decency and common virtue. Gets in the way of their fun, and their soulless life styles.

Glad the wife was a good woman. Wish you had made her an early and vociferous proponent not just of good marriages, but of normal human decency and virtue. Weak minds need good examples, and willful bad people need to be outed and shunned. We don't need to apologize for trying to live good lives. We need to confront and reject those who think they have a right to silence righteousness. It is what makes civilization civilized.

Bh76Bh76about 4 years ago
Great!

2nd read and still fantastic. Great work.

COYSCOYSabout 4 years ago
Terrific

Loved this story because it felt so real. I’ve acted this story out many times in my life. Married guys acting like their single. Usually ends badly. No matter what you say, they don’t get it. Made for a great story line. Thank you

lookbob66lookbob66almost 4 years ago
I liked

Erotic? Some. Warm-hearted? Yep.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Erotic without trash

I really liked the story. It shows what an author who knows how to write can accomplish. Great little story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
an actual...

...Loving Wives story, that wasn't in the LW catagory. Nice job.

jmmj5jmmj5almost 4 years ago
I really enjoyed this...

Smart of you to put it in this category.

Hopefully you'll have another inspiration that turns into a story.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

xtchrxtchralmost 4 years ago

You got a lot of nerve writing about a "REAL" Loving Wife. This story was so refreshing that this "loving wife' really did love her husband. After reading a lot of stories about 'girls' night out' and a wife who only really loves her husband...after she gets caught cheating. It's nice to see that not all women are brain dead and appreciate what they already have.

Thank you for a most realistic story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Refreshing

5 stars.

Njones53Njones53over 3 years ago

Yay, the most uncommon of beasts in this category: A REAL (faithful) Loving Wife. Very enjoyable change of pace. And nearer to true life than most.

Thanks

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Thank goodness for a FAITHFUL Wife!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
great story

I thought tony was going to get a knee in the balls but I guess a heel in the toes was good enough. I was surprised however that she continued to go out and even decided to dance with someone else. Even more surprised that she indicates she will continue to do happy hours with them after the set up. I would think she would have a new set of friends after that betrayal.

For years my wife would go out after work with the girls but only maybe twice a month. I was always welcome and at times I would pop in when my shift was done. It was mostly just "the girls" but some times there were some guys from work. No strangers trying to pick up anyone and it was always at someplace for a quick appetizer and drink. Not a dance club or place for "singles" to get picked up. I never worried about her as she never gave me reason. Once the kids came along she continued but I went home on time to get the guys from day care and feed them etc. She was never home later than 9pm and always sober. Don't get me wrong, I had my few times at the bar with the guys watching a game. It was not one sided but was really more in her favor.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
this story is not in LW you stupid fucking assholes

what is wrong with you, shit for brains? now you wanna invade other categories with your stupid BTB shit! Fuck off!!!!

Flat_OutFlat_Outover 3 years ago
For Anonymous 10/22/20 'You stupid fucking assholes'

This was a Loving wife story - the authour just turned it on it's head, and made it interesting.

I suggest you re-read your comments, before posting , all you have is a brain dead comment and you don't have the courage to put your name to it! Weak!

kirei8kirei8over 3 years ago
I applaud the wife for her reactions to her "friend's" set-up but

Call me old fashioned but dancing with strange men at a bar without the hubby there to give permission is tantamount to cheating. Her good married friends thought so also and did not protect her from the nefarious plan. They assumed she would go with it as probably would her husband if he had witnessed her dancing. Physical cheating is bad but suspected emotional cheating is ten times worse. She really did not do either but put herself in a situation wnere the outcome was shaky at best. How many marraiges have been ruined by "innocent" happy hour gatherings.

NitpicNitpicabout 3 years ago
Nice

Nice to read about a wife who honoured her vows and defended her self.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

ABSOLUTELY FUCKING FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

For once, a per sron with a brain, conscience and integrity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

surprised she didn't stop going out far sooner.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

kirei8: Dancing is NOT cheating. She avoided slow dances, limited her alcohol and went home to her husband. And suspected emotional cheating is NOT worse than physical cheating. Ask any man who has found out his wife is screwing another man.

LeFrog08LeFrog08almost 3 years ago

A true loving wife...finally!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finally, a married woman kept her senses and didn’t get swayed by friends/coworkers. Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. She is what you call a beautiful married lady. A good wife and mother that the world needs more of. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A REAL LOVING WIFE, like real married men want. Fabulous story a very rare 5* from me

JJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Still want something to happen to Karen and Barbara

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

5++*!!!

A wife who acts like a wife. A husband who acts like a husband. That’s how it’s supposed to be.

oldguy1oldguy1about 2 years ago

Wonderful story what a loving couple a shining example of true love and an example of what real commitment is all about great story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent story. It would have been extra great if karma had visited Karen, Barbara & Tony, etc. However, this tale still very much a 5!

parenthesisparenthesisalmost 2 years ago

Thanks, I really enjoyed this one!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, great loving wife. She and her husband have the happy life the way it is meant to be. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was a refreshing breath of fresh air.

There will be, literally, hundreds of thousands of divorced millenial women who think that being female entitled them to have whatever they want and have no responsibility for what they do.

When they are 35+, still alone, and seeing a lonely life before them they may think of this woman's little and big happinesses.happiness es.

One lonely night they'll look in the mirror and the face looking back at them will seem to say,"Lonliness will invade your soul until its gone and you with it."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

So good to see a person standing up for their principles (male or female). Loved the story. Good work.

OdessaLesOdessaLesover 1 year ago

Cheryl is the kind of woman all men look for in a wife. Hopefully the single girls see her mindset and get ALL of their playing done before they get married. Another great story.

anubeloreanubeloreover 1 year ago

Like a fresh spring breeze on a lovely morning, this story was positively lovely. Heck, I wish I could read more "boring" stories about their happily married lives. Conflict and entertainment doesn't have to come from depressing content. Thanks for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A woman who loves her man & doesn't have any problems with it. Refreshing. 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Finally a story where the wife stands ip against the pressures of another woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A wonderful woman! Nice to see one for a change.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

very good, refreshing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Finally, a real loving wife story.

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 1 year ago

Loved it. Very believable. Refreshing to see a woman react that way. There’s a woman to have, to hold, and to keep! 5-😊😊😊😊😊

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Loving wives!!!! YEAH!!!

Starwolf1961Starwolf1961about 1 year ago

Sometimes you just need to say things. Things that need to be said, with certain truths in them. This is most peoples truth. The other stuff is fiction. Fodder for the mind. This is closer to what is real for most wives. I'm glad you said so eloquently. Thank you. KUDOS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

So much truth in the story, & showing a lot of what's wrong in today's society. Husbands wanting another pussy than their wives. Wives wanting another cock. Both ends wanting some strange extra & play the field, to feel free & shit & not worry about their vows... until they are free. Then the excuses come- it's just sex/ didn't want to hurt you/ etc. Then they miss for what they had & wish they never did their thing, but it's too late. Good, short, well written story. 4 stars Bob

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Yes!!!! A real loving wives story!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Wonderful yarn, and good characters! I've always been a fan of characters that are able to walk far from the maddening crowd. I'm going through all your stories and while I don't agree with all of them, they are all quite enjoyable and leave an impression long after the last word is read. This story is one of them.

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months agoAuthor

@Anonymous - If it helps, I don't agree with all of them, either. In some cases I tried something, it went where it wanted to go or my skills weren't up to the task, and I decided to live with it.

phlxxlphlxxl9 months ago

I especially liked the big fun and the two little fun's.

Me I've seven little funs and already five very little funs. And they keep my motor running together with my big fun. ;)

Chimo1961Chimo19617 months ago

One of the best stories on here a true loving wife

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Cheryl is the type of woman every man dreams of marrying. She is wifey material through and through. It was really nice to see a loyal wife.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

10/10 as a loving wife. 9/10 as a person. The missing point is because she didn't inform the husbands their wives are cheating sluts. Should've burnt them all. Mostly because they were trying to get her to do something that would have ruined her marriage when she made it clear they didn't want their lifestyle. It's one thing to be a cheating slut; it's another to try and corrupt others, especially good women, to follow in your footsteps.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Gotta agree with the comment below. They tried to blindside her into cheating and set her up. They weren't her friend at all. Once they tried what they did she should have dropped the hammer on all of them and let their husbands know what they were doing. Disappointed that she just warned them off from trying anything similar again. BardnotBard

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Great story, although trying to get her to cheat should have resulted in her calling their husbands. Otherwise, excellent!

AnonymousAnonymous18 days ago

Good read, love the main character's prudence. I share the opinion several commenters have voiced here, she should have burned the cheating wifes who tried to set her up. For the story to reach the culmination I guess the author found it necessary to let our heroine have a moment of density, so to speak. I still didn't like it when this observant, intelligent woman suddenly declares she did not smell that something nasty was brewing when all the decent wifes among her coworkers backed out on that special evening.

Okay, there wouldn't be a story if she'd done the right thing early on, but just to mention it- in reality as soon as someone like here learned about the circle of cheaters they should have stopped participating in the girls evenings immediately. For me it would be ordeal to socialise with people like those "married acting like singles", why do something I loathe if I don't have to do it?

Not to mention that a person as toxic as the cheaters' ringleader might not be above spiking the loving wife's drink, something I dreaded while reading the part where the other decent woman wouldn't participate in the after work activities.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

story TAGS