My Rocks

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sam was in high school and excelled in softball. She turned into quite the pitcher for her summer and high school teams. She was to the point that she was drawing interest from colleges in our area and beyond. I spent quite a bit of time at Sam's games. I never missed a single one during her early years, summer sessions and high school games. Nita was at most of the games, but not all of them. Nita spent time with the "girls" a few times so it was just me in the stands.

My business continued to expand. I now owned over 20 different bars in the surrounding area. I tried to share the information with Nita, but she didn't seem to enthused by the new purchases so I started to keep those to myself. I kept with my tried and true process of leaving the day to day management to those that were already in charge and kept my overall surveillance and drop in visits as my way to check up on things beyond the financials that my internal team kept me informed upon.

I had just finished the purchase of a bar and changed over the cameras to my servers. This bar specialized by having live bands every Friday and Saturday. Looked like a fun place and they were turning a great profit on those nights. I was concerned with the GM of the bar and had my team watching things closely. I had one of my more experienced members of the team watching the place for the first month or so to see if we needed to let the GM go or if we thought she was going to be able to cut it for us.

Nita was set to have a girls night out with a few of her friends she had made over the past few years. The girls night out events didn't happen too frequently, but seemed to be occurring a bit more regularly in the past few months. I hadn't thought too much about it, but looking back I should have been more aware.

I received a text message from my inside guy at the new bar. The text read for me to take a look at the cameras. I was expecting to see something related to the GM, but what I saw was more than I had anticipated. Sitting in the crowd was Nita and her table of friends. There was a live band that night and one of the guitar players was sitting at the table next to Nita. He had his arm around her and she was pulled in pretty close. I made sure to note the date and time of this recording in case I needed it later. I texted back to my internal guy and told him that I saw what he had wanted me to see and told him not to interfere. I needed to see how far this was going to go. I needed to know.

The evening continued and the guitar player would go on stage for his session and then return to the table each break. As the end of the night approached, the band finished and started to clean-up. The rest of the girls left except for Nita. She stayed and talked with the guitar player until they were ready to leave. Nita left arm in arm with the guy. I switched the feed to the outside cameras and noticed the guy jumping into Nita's car as she drove away. My heart broke. I noted the time stamp on the outside feed for later as well.

I was sitting in the dark living room when Nita came into the house. It was about 2 hours later than when she left the parking lot and about 3 hours later than normal. She didn't see me in the dark room as she started to approach the stairs. I turned on the lamp and startled her. I wanted to see her face as I asked her my questions.

"Where were you?"

"I was out with the girls. You knew that."

"Yea, but you are later than normal. Hell, the bars have been closed for over an hour. Again, where were you?"

"We went for a bite to eat once we left the bar. Sorry, I should have texted you so you didn't have to worry. I want to go take a shower to wash the bar off of me. You coming up to bed?"

"Nita, we aren't done here. Sit down, please."

"Honey, I really need to get to bed. Can we talk in the morning?"

My patience was thin already, but I didn't want to yell with Sam upstairs sleeping. "We will talk NOW," I said in my most stern voice. Very rarely did I raise my voice as I always wanted to be in control. Tonight was pushing my limits.

"Okay, I'll talk with you. I'm surprised you are so upset."

"You sure you went for a bite to eat and didn't leave with someone else, say a guitar player?"

Nita's eyes grew big. She was trying to figure out how Brian could have known this She then remembered the cameras. "You own the bar, don't you?"

"Yes, I just recently bought that bar. If you had taken any interest in my purchases these past few years, you would have known this. Instead, you and your girls sat there listening to some shit band while I watched the guitar player make his move on my wife."

"Brian, let me explain what happened. That guitar player is Sam's father. I had met him quite a few years ago and we had a one night stand that ended up with me pregnant with Sam. His name is Mike Levens and he has been playing with this band for 15+ years. I never told you about me and Mike as it didn't seem to matter to you. I'm sorry, I should have told you about him years ago."

"I don't care a damn about Mike and how Sam was conceived. Your right in that it didn't matter to me. What matters is why my wife of 12 years is sitting at a table with this guy and not thinking once about her marriage to me."

"Brian, nothing happened between Mike and me. After his set, we went and talked. We discussed how Sam has grown and I caught him up on my life since I last saw him. It was nothing more than that."

"That's not how it looked on the camera. It looked like you were waiting to leave with this guy and catch up in other ways. Tell me you didn't have sex with him tonight."

"We didn't have sex tonight."

"If that's the case, stand up and let me see your pussy. If it shows any signs of being fucked tonight, then I know you are a liar along with a slut."

Nita turned away from that last comment and I knew it was true.

"Wow, I can't believe you did this to me. I'm going to pack a bag and leave for tonight. I need some time to put this all together and see what happens for us in the future. I can't tell you how disappointed and hurt I am."

And I left. I went to a hotel and got a room for the next few days. If it was just Nita, I would simply leave her, but Sam was involved. I have grown to love her as much as if she was my own. She was my princess. I never did adopt her as I didn't see a need. I had setup a trust for her to pay for college and beyond. I really felt she was my daughter. Leaving Nita meant leaving Sam as well. I wasn't ready to make that jump just yet.

I tried to sleep, but that didn't come easily. I caught a couple of hours and then headed to a small diner that I knew of to get a cup of coffee and think on what I was going to do. Nita and I had signed a prenup when we married due to the business. Not that I had anticipated this to occur nor felt it was even a possibility, I needed to protect my employees. That is how I explained it to Nita and she didn't seem to have a problem with signing it. The house was mine prior to the marriage, so that shouldn't be an issue either. The only thing that was in play was money. And Sam.

I left the diner and went back to the hotel. As I sat on the bed, the depth of the situation finally hit me. I broke down and cried. I'm not sure how long I just laid on the bed and cried, but it was long enough that I fell asleep. I woke when I heard the ding on my phone. It was a text message I could tell by the notification. I looked at my phone and it was Nita.

"Brian, please come home so we can talk."

"Not ready. I'll contact you later" was all that I could reply. I felt a stab through my heart again.

"I'm here whenever you are ready. I love you with all my heart. Please know that."

I didn't reply.

I stayed in the hotel room for the next few days and then moved into an extended stay location. I was still mulling over how to deal with this situation. I needed to bite the bullet and talk to Nita.

I sent a text to Nita. "Are you home and can we talk?"

"Brian, I am home and waiting to talk to you. Come home anytime and we can talk."

"I'll be by within the hour."

"I'll be here."

I arrived and walked into the house. Nita was there sitting at the kitchen table. I could see that she had been crying and wasn't looking her best. Dark circles around her eyes showed she hadn't slept much in the past few days.

"Hi Nita or should I call you AK again?"

I could see that comment hit her as I was the only one allowed to call her Nita. Everyone else called her AK and for me to switch to AK again was a sign that she no longer held a special place with me.

"You can always call me Nita. I don't ever want that to change."

"I need to understand what the hell happened. For the life of me, I can't understand why you did this to us."

"I have been thinking about that and I will try to explain it the best that I can. I'm not sure I fully understand why, but I will try to explain what I can. You should know that this was the only time I stepped outside of our marriage with you. I have never done nor planned anything like this in the past. You may not believe that, but it is the truth. I can also say that lately I have really struggled with my place in this marriage. You and I are very different people and live in very different places. You are so focused on your company and the vision you have to grow the company. I love that about you. I don't have the same. When we first met, I was only focused on providing for Sam each and every day. We were always living without knowing if we would have enough for the next day. The first day you gave me the $100 tip. That $100 was so needed. I spent the whole thing on getting caught up on my bills. You told me to spend it on Sam and the best place for that was to keep a roof over her head. I didn't have any extra. When you asked me to dinner, I knew I couldn't give up my shift. It was touch and go if I would have enough money for rent. As much as I wanted to, I couldn't take a day off to go to dinner."

"As much as this might be a surprise, but I lived like this with my mom. That drives me every single day to not have to go back to that type of living. I was able to escape that life and I wanted to do that for you and Sam. I thought I had accomplished that for you."

"You have provided for Sam and I beyond my wildest dreams. You have been the best thing for the both of us. You need to understand that this isn't a reflection on you in any way. My struggle is that what is my place now? I am so glad I don't have to worry about providing for Sam as you have removed that issue for me. I don't have a job and I wouldn't even know what I would want to do. When Mike showed up at the bar, that was someone that was familiar with my past. He made me feel normal again. He only knew me as someone who struggled from day to day to live. It was comfortable because it was uncomfortable again. I know that doesn't make sense and it is hard for me to describe it for you."

"You are right, I can't understand it. You wanted to cheat on me so you could feel comfortable being uncomfortable? I can't see how that works, but if it is uncomfortable you want then I can make that happen. I guess all that I was doing for you and Sam was making it too easy. Well I think maybe you need to struggle again. I will get you setup in your own place and provide for you and Sam for the next two months. This will give you time to figure out a job for you and to start to become uncomfortable again. I'll find you something this week and you can move out."

"Brian, that isn't what I want. I'm trying to explain that I don't have a purpose. I don't want to leave you. I need for us to be together. I can't do this without you."

"You can't have it both ways. I tried my way and that didn't work. You took advantage of me and I let that happen. Not anymore. I am cutting you off so you can be comfortable again without me."

With that, I left again. Nita sent me multiple text message and tried to call, but I didn't respond. Then she started to play dirty and had Sam send me text messages. Nita knew I wouldn't cut Sam off and tried to use her to get me to talk again. I sent Sam a text saying that I would be happy to talk to her, but I needed time away from her mother. I setup a time after school to talk with Sam.

"Hey princess how are you holding up?"

"I'm fine, but I miss you. What's going on with you and mom? She hasn't said too much to me other than the two of you are fighting and she wanted me to get you to come talk to her. What's really happening?"

"I have always been honest with you and that isn't going to change. Your mom had an affair with your father a little while ago. She did it in one of the bars I own and I saw her with him on one of the cameras. After the bar was closing, they left together and spent a few hours forgetting that she was married. I don't understand much more than that, but I have asked her to move out and find a job. I know this will affect you as well, but that is not my intent. I think she needs to find herself again and I can't be a part of that."

"Oh my god! Why would she do that?"

"I don't know. I love you Sam. You will always be my princess. If you ever need me, just ask. I will drop everything to be there for you. I just can't do that in the same way we have done in the past. I tears me up that I can't see you every day. It is important for me to let you know that I am not leaving you. I have set aside money for you for college. I will still try to come to all of your events, so please continue to send those to me. I want to be there for you as much as I can."

"This is terrible. I can't believe she did that to us; to our family. I'm so pissed at her."

"I am setting up an apartment for the two of you and asked your mom to get a job to support herself. I will do what I can for you, but your mom needs to fend for herself. If you get into any trouble, you will have to let me know."

"Thanks. I'll stay in touch. As mad as I am, I want to just stay with you and let mom suffer."

"I know, but she is going to need you and your support. Don't abandon her. Be her rock. I will try to be yours."

"Yea, but who is going to be your rock?"

"I don't have that figured out just yet."

I gave my princess a huge hug and dropped her off at the house. I left to go cry again. This hurt almost as much as losing Nita.

Nita and Sam moved into the apartment I had setup for them. I moved back to the house and tried to get back to normal. I hadn't experienced this "normal" for the past 12 years so I focused on staying busy at work. First order of business was I sent a notice to every manager at the bars that I owned that the bad that Mike Levens played for is to never be booked in my bars again. I didn't explain anything further about the situation, but I made sure they understood this was not negotiable.

I was surprised to see that Nita had started to tend bar again at Strikers. I even thought that I saw her look into the cameras a few times and wave. I sent a message to the manager that I wasn't part of this decision and it was up to him to have Nita work for him or not. I would not interfere. He said that he needed a bartender and Nita used to be one of his best when she worked there previously. I acknowledged his decision and left it from there. I made a note to see how much she was making and if that would pay the bills. I doubted it, but that was Nita's issue to solve. I would only intervene if Sam asked me to.

I was still attending Sam's softball games and her summer club was performing quite well. I would sit in my truck along the outfield fence and watch from a distance. I didn't want to sit in the stands and answer any questions or see Nita if she came. Most times she didn't come due to work. Once they pulled Sam from pitching, I usually left. This was the pattern for most of the summer.

Sam

I was set to pitch against the top team in our summer league. I was our #1 pitcher and I knew this was going to be a challenge. I sent the game time to Brian to make sure he knew I was pitching. I made quick work of the top of their order in the first inning. I saw Brian's truck in the outfield. I knew he would leave as soon as I was done pitching. I was determined to talk to him after the game so I was resolved to do everything I could to get through the complete game.

I was feeling good through the first 3 innings. No hits and no walks. I had been through their entire order and had great control over my pitches. These next couple of innings would be the tough ones for me. 2nd time through the order was always a bigger challenge. Every so often I would look down the line to see if Brian's truck was still there as I walked towards the dugout. So far so good. 4 more innings to go.

Top of the fourth I got through the first two batters. The team's number 3 hitter was up and she made solid contact. The left fielder made a great catch to retire the side. I gave Allie a hug as she hit the dugout. That was the hardest hit ball so far today, but I was still in a groove.

Top of the 5th and I was starting to feel a little tired. I was throwing a few more balls and extending counts, but still hadn't given up a hit or a walk. As I went to the dugout after getting the last out in the inning, my coach asked how I was feeling. We only had a 2-0 lead so it was still close. I told him I felt great still and asked him not to take me out. He said he had his eye on me and to continue to pound the ball into the strike zone. I knew I had to have a great 6th inning. This would be the bottom of their order and their weaker hitters.

I hit the mound in the 6th and let the adrenaline take over. I was throwing as hard as I could and got through the order. I was gassed and knew I didn't have much left for the 7th. One inning to go. If the coach pulled me now, Brian would leave. I needed to see him. This mess with my mom and him was really getting to me. I needed time with Brian for myself.

I jogged to the mound in the top of the 7th. The last thing the coach told me was to bear down and end this. I shook my head and resolved to do my best. Top of their order so I would be facing their best hitters. I was ahead 2 balls and 2 strikes on the lead off hitter. I threw my off-speed pitch and she swung through. One out; two to go. Full count on the 2nd batter and after a few foul balls I was able to get her to hit a weak ball to Lindsey at 2nd base. She threw to 1st for the second out of the inning. Next up was the girl that hit the ball really hard to Allie. Her and I battled for quite some time. I didn't have much left and there was a full count. I knew I had to get this next one over. I looked down the line and Brian was putting his stuff into his truck. He looked like he was about to leave. I couldn't let that happen.

I threw my fastball as hard as I could and just after the pitch left my hand, I was running for the dugout and out the gate to the parking lot. I heard a bunch of the girls on my team screaming and I knew I had struck her out. I was already beyond the stands and running towards Brian's truck. He had just got in the driver's seat and started his truck. I had to get there. I ran as fast as I could, but Brian had already stated to pull out of his space. I needed him to stop. I yelled "DAD" as loud as I could and he hit the brakes.

Brian

Sam had pitched an amazing game. A no hitter and better yet, a perfect game. I was pulling out of my parking space when I heard Sam's voice yell "DAD". I stopped wondering if Mike was there. I looked in my rearview mirror and saw Sam running towards me. I put my truck in park and opened my door. Sam jumped into my arms before I knew what had happened.

"Hey princess. That was an amazing game. Glad I was here to see it. Why aren't you with your team?"

"I needed to talk to you. I saw you leaving and I needed you to stop."