All Comments on 'My Sister Chloe'

by MeredithEighty8

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Whether history or fantasy, I got the distinct feeling, from you characterization of Chloe at 18 and 20, that you adjusted the age of her character “for legal reasons.” Otherwise it reads as memoir.

MeredithEighty8MeredithEighty8almost 3 years agoAuthor

Anon, I have no specific comment other than to say, "life is more often stranger than fiction."

OldUncleAlOldUncleAlalmost 3 years ago

I don’t want to comment on this particular relationship. In general, if two people are related, and they desire to enjoy each other, I do NOT have an issue with that. It is not bad,evil,etc. just because of genes. But, they must take appropriate measures to be sure no children come of this union, simply because the odds of problems goes up. And, sadly, the child would go through hell, due to no fault of its own. Unfair , but that’s our messed up world.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Most of the problems in these types of relationships are the dynamics. It gets way worse with parental stuff and that's a whole entire other discussion. In regards to siblings though the dynamic is still kinda offy and tenous since i.e the brother is older is he taking advantage or does he actually just love he then the issue of does she love him or is it just a little sister looking through hero eyes at her brother? That i think tends to be most peoples issues outside of the children thing which as someone else said steps should be taken to not happen. There is also the issue of how you hide it the risks not just from family but friends and so on.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous