All Comments on 'My Sister's Love'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
Davester37Davester37about 3 years ago

I enjoyed reading this story. You did a good job capturing the essence of the period, not just the historical details and the language, but also the societal norms of the era, and how they affected the characters. Of course, it was also a satisfying plot, acted by realistic, well-developed characters.

Thank you for writing, and thank you for sharing your work.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 3 years agoAuthor

Author's Response: Many thanks to Davester37 for the nice review, to all who favorited the story, and to all who read it. Unfortunately, it was published during the view count glitch so we’ll never know how many people gave it a try. The recorded view numbers were disappointingly low since it was my first substantial original work with a female protagonist (Clara) and a major female supporting character (Mary). Any feedback on them from readers will help me improve my future works. Thanks!

LotusBlaccLotusBlaccalmost 3 years ago

It's beautiful story 😭😌 thank you...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Impressive, well researched and well told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Critical care did not become a commonality until the latter half of the century.

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunover 2 years ago

Great story, SC. Really enjoyed this. I can tell you did a lot of work on the research. You also did really well speaking in a woman's voice. A very nice, enjoyable love story. 5 Stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was a very compelling and heart wrenching (then heart warming) story! I agree you did a great job with the female character povs. Obviously well researched and though out story. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WOW...love this story....the thing with the Church and getting permission to marry was a downer

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story. I enjoyed the historical details. I actually googled the Stetson factory, the parade & Spanish flu and the Chalfonte hotel before I got to the end of the story.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 2 years agoAuthor

Author's Follow-up: Thanks so much for all who've continued to read and comment on this story. It is one of my favorite pieces that I've published here so I've been glad to see that readers are enjoying it so much and still leaving comments from time to time. I have a partial outline and the opening for a prequel/partial parallel story told from Mary's perspective that I hope to complete someday. Thanks again!

ScottishTexanScottishTexanabout 2 years ago

I really enjoyed this even though I had figured out the plot and eventual ending pretty much by the end of the first or second page. Whenever Clara meets Leo for the first time at her front door.

I'm working on a similar trope where two sisters fall in love with the same guy. It's a story called Cold Hands. I realize that you're not interested in polyamory at all, but you were treading a very narrow path with this one. I, on the other hand, have no such issues. I'm going to send you a PM containing what little bit of Cold Hands has been completed so far because I value your inputs and opinions. I hope that you can enjoy it even if the love triangle bothers you. 5/5 from me on this story. Excellent job with both the research and writing.

MusicGuy4FunMusicGuy4Funabout 2 years ago

A wonderful story

My wife is blind and I read it to her. It was engaging and very romantic.

Wife’s comments “very character was vivid and real”

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Splendid story! Appreciate the End and Historical Notes!

5

clearcreekclearcreekalmost 2 years ago

Another tidbit of history is the patent of the brassiere in 1914 by Caresse Crosby, which piece of clothing was mentioned in your story.

Great story, Thanks for sharing. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really the crooked church....quoting the Bible that allows incest between mother and son, brother and sister...really spoiled the story with this crap

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

How many times did Leo go out with Cynthia??? The cunt was trying out Cynthia before committing to Clara!!!

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

wow! I don't know what to say sir.

Wow!

I really really loved your story.

Reading was a journey through time (although I usually don't like it too much and prefer contemporary stories), a journey of emotions, a journey of passion, a journey of love.

Clara was a fanstatic character, full of love, cheerfulness, kindness, loyalty.

A character that we see evolve and manage the vagaries of her life, always being true to herself.

I had a great time reading you.

Thanks.

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 1 year ago

I finally got here, where it was long and slow and detailed, which is generally how I like it. Having previously read Calling the Stork I was rather fond of Mary, so events here take a bit of a sad turn. And all the formalities, especially those surrounding love and courtship, especially for those of the Catholic faith! There’s no such thing as the ‘good old days’, that’s for sure! 5 stars.

Tall78701Tall78701over 1 year ago

I just finished reading “My Sister’s Love.” Bravo, very, very nice. Of the three stories I’ve read of yours, this is my favorite. You added much more intimacy, graphic details, adjusted your use of street vernacular, and address the issue of honeymoon sex with a man missing part of one leg. Congratulations, it read much more like a typical posting to Literotica, and yet remained very true to your style of romantic writing. I really did enjoy it – thank you. 5-Stars

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

One of the best stories I've read here. Thank you for sharing your wonderful creations!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...