All Comments on 'My Story'

by Jidoka

Sort by:
  • 506 Comments (Page 2)
dinkymacdinkymacalmost 11 years ago
A good story!

This story is probably a little to close to the real world for most folks!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Agree with prior comment...

SHE killed the marriage, not him.You can't be a little bit pregnant or a little bit dead. You're either pregnant or dead. Likewise, you can't be a little bit unfaithful. Either you're unfaithful for not unfaithful. She was unfaithful. And as a prior comment implied, staying in the marriage due to the children was a very bad judgement on his part. Basically she was rewarded for spreading her legs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Life sucks......

This is, in essence, a very long winded way of saying that life sucks and then you die. You're a very talented writer. Just to balance the scales a bit, I really hope you one day find a story to write that's at least a little uplifting.

PolyLvrPolyLvralmost 11 years ago
Love your writing

You're obviously very talented but there are a few points I have.

Duct tape. I can envision why people call it duct tape, aside from the fact that's what it is. I cannot envision why it would be called duck tape, aside from those sorry people who wrap the fowl in the tape and use it for their own pleasure.

Tracy proved in the intervening years that she was a model wife and mother. The protagonist moans about the lies over the years when in fact it was only a one lie albeit a huge one, the daughter. The rest was a lie of omission. That should have been worth something.

He was also spoiled and selfish. He wanted what he wanted. In fact, the children would see how he treated his wife and, not knowing the cause, could possibly have that model as their basis for their own relationships when they are in trouble. He comments that he thought he did the best he could by the children and Tracy.

For everyone's sake it would have been better to divorce as soon as he had his ducts in a row. In that way Tracy could get on with her life, he could get on with his own, on the children would still have the benefit of two loving well adjusted parents.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
i agree with polylvr...

one incident for which she is truly sorry and her behavior after the incident became known should be more than enough to forgive and move on. Pride, ego, hardness of heart, are they worth living in the misery he lives in now that he has his divorce. I could fully understand if she were not remorseful or continued the cheating, but she did not. Sometimes BTB is the way to go, sometimes its not. this was one of those that it was not a BTB scenario.

leathermn1leathermn1almost 11 years ago
The most moving of your stories

I always love to read the comments of good stories like these to see which people question motivations and things that were said and done, choices that were made. It's not real life people!! i.e. STORY!

This one stuck with me for several reasons. First, the fact that she cheated, had another man's child and lied to him (if only by omission) and had him raise that man's child as his own. Second, it was not just one night of 'I got drunk and had sex'. She went back the second night for round two, which means she chose, willingly and with forethought to break her vows and kill her marriage. Third, that she told her friend, her own mother and hinted that even his mother knew about it and they conspired to keep it from him with lies. For me that is and always will be the true test of a relationship. I know from personal experience, it's not the act of sex that is the problem but the lies and disrespect that comes from those lies that kills a marriage.

Honestly the only part I did not like about the story was that he just could not get over the whole thing. I mean really, shit happens. You get up and keep going and if you are open to them good things will come your way. But hey, like I said at the beginning, it's just a Story and I enjoyed it. Part of that is relating to the character and part of it is frustration with a character you relate to doing something you don't agree with.

Overall I give it a 5. Keep up the writing! (fyi, you might want to look into an editor. There were a few mistakes that could easily be avoided and would make the story even better!)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

This is the 2nd time I read this story. Though the story was well developed, the effects on the children could have been expanded. The child who understood and who suffered more than the other children was the oldest daughter. She knew she was a bastard, she blamed herself for the destruction of the marriage and family. She knew everything would have been better if she had died during birth or been aborted. Then the cheating of the mother would have died with the daughter.

Again, a child pays the penalty for actions that she did not initiate.

The other children paid a price, though not as great as the oldest daughter. They lived with undercurrents of distrust, and lack of love. They were sentenced to live in family without love or trust. They did not have the benefit of growing up in a solid family. They grew up without having an example of healthy family. Which effectively made their chances of having a strong, loving family less likely. All of which were not their doing.

The Father suffered, having to live with the doubts of his manliness, his ability to satisfiy his wife, to protect his family, and to live with the fear and doubts of the other man trying to claim the faithless wife. When they made love, were her thoughts of the other man? Did she have sex with the husband only for physical release? Was he just a meal ticket? Were any of the children his? How many people knew of his inability to satisfy the wife? Did she put him down and ridicule him to her friends? how many in the community knew of his failures? She cheated before, was she still cheating with others. Those doubts led the husband to fuck the wife, to use her as he would used his hand to jack-off, and not much more satisfiying than masturbation. This would destroy the marriage even more.

And of course, she paid a price. Even though she thought she kept the secret, he found out. The lies she told, became a habit. When he found out she was a lying, cheating piece of scum, every word she said triggered doubts. Every word she spoke, he looked for the lies. Her actions also moved the mother-in-law and sisters-in-law away from the husband. He distrusted them, along with the wife. While they did not actively lie to him, their lies were of omission. All this moved his love, support, and trust away from them. All lessening the family bonds further.

How do I know, I was am not my oldest daughters bio father. I have suspicions who the bio was, but am not sure. The evil bitch told me she did not know, but how can you believe someone who has told such horrific lies? Now, 40 years later, my daughter and I can admit our love for each other. But, the daughter has no trust or love for her mother. The other children have a lack of trust in her and in each other. And as the butch continued to lie about the father, trying to hide her part in the destruction of the family, the children do not have the relationship with him they and he deserve.

It does not stop, the third generation is also damaged. They do not have a relationship with the extended family members.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
@PolyLvr

People that talk about 'duck' tape are people that learned the term by hearing it rather than reading it. The REAL question is, "How can something do 1,001 things really well and about a million things almost as well as whatever you're substituting for, and still be almost worthless at doing the job it was intended for - taping heating ducts?

RePhilRePhilalmost 11 years ago
5 & FAVORITE!!

Perfect story Perfectly written Just a wee but you much on the explanation side. But really good

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
BTB

In this case it was burn the bastard. A self burning at that. Knows he was putting himself into purgatory but went ahead anyway. Author: There is absolutely no way his children were not deeply affected by his actions. Children are not dense. They know which parent is behaving badly. His relationship with them would have major problems. Still a great telling

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Ending is crap. I divorced first wife at 50. Married 2nd wife at 55.

She is 21 years younger than I and we have a teen and preteen children. I am now in my 70s. Life is what you make it, you want a life live one, its meant to be enjoyed. I would divorce this one in a minute if she cheated. Zero tolerance!

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 11 years ago
I agree with DQS, HDK, Ohio, but...

The wife would not have put up with husband, in fact, she would have likely blamed hubby for all her problems at the end of the day. Her first question (how did you find out) and lack of apology are credible, though. Hubby did have lots of alternatives other than years of self-pity. IRL wifey would have found another man and moved on with her life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
5 Stars

A great story. Loads of emotion wrought into the words. From past commentators (some some of my fav authors too) I agree that there should have been more dialogue included, but other than that, just simply wonderful.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 11 years ago
Nice change of pace

From the other 2 stories of yours that I have read. No super husbands here as in An Average Descent and In Her Eyes. Actually, I think this An Average Descent would have been a more apt title for this story than the one it was used on.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 11 years ago
that's what I say all the time

this was a selfless act it was stupid. He never planned on forgiving so why stay. She was a whore and proved it in the end. Staying married just because of the kids is a stupid as it is believing that you'll stay married no matter what. He should have dumped her ass when he found out and a normal male would have.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Her first question said it all. "How did you find out?" She cheated and lied to him for 13 years, and bragged to her friends and mother, and that was all she could say! No apology until years later, and even then only when he asked. She never showed regret or remorse for it. It wasn't a drunken mistake, because she she went back for seconds, and did everything with him that she denied her husband. I think she truly got off on holding her secret over his head for so long. I was surprised that the husband took her answers at face value though. She seamlessly lied to him for 13 years with great success, so this kind of woman would have exploited that. She quite probably had other affairs that were never discovered, and a DNA test on the other children would probably prove to be quite revealing. Sad that his own mother also knew and helped his wife cheat on and deceive her own son. That says a lot about her too.

OneShotOneOneShotOnealmost 11 years ago
I gotta side with Huedogg

By staying he screwed up his life. And to the poster (lordslamdawg?) who said it was one mistake no it was the same massive betrayal every day for 13 years not one mistake.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Oneshotone's second favorite story?

"Caught Wearing her Panties"

Your opinion is irrelevant in Loving Wives you sad sack of shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Oneshot smokes a mean cuck

a mean huecuck that is, it would smoke a cock but we all know eunuchs like huecuck don't have wedding tackle so they wear strapons and ATM after bouts of sodomy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Empathy

Jidoka, I rarely give feedback on stories, but I could tell this really happened to you, and your situation was very similar to my own marriage collapse. I feel for you and I think you told your story with great depth of feeling. I wish you only the best.

Tom

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 11 years ago
5*

This was a horribly depressing story, but very, very well told.

Some people will not like it. They have an allergy to real life. Too bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
This is absolutely the truest story ever told in all of Loving Wives

5*

Unflinching honesty. No attempt to make him a saint or her a sinner.

Just life in all its pain and sorrow.

I hereby award you the Golden Cross. You have crucified yourself and all of us readers-- and we deserved it. God bless you.

rixelsrixelsover 10 years ago
So Wrong While Very Believable

This whole story is filled with very believable contradictions. Jacob starts as a man filled with love for Stacy in a relationship of 20 years. Jidoka has described the love between these 2 wonderful people as being the ideal that most couples dream of. Fifteen years of marriage and four children have made their marriage and love life even better.

That about 6 hours of infidelity negates 175,000+ hours of love in the lives of Stacy and Jacob is very depressing, but plausible.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
One of the best stories here,

also one of the saddest. For the authors' own sake I hope this is not his true real life story. Great writer *****

robo29robo29over 10 years ago
I understand

Living life one day at a time.

OverthefallsOverthefallsover 10 years ago
Sad sorry tale

A morbid and depressing tale of the collapse of a marriage and the inability of a man to come to or make a decision. In the end, did he really think it was a life well lived and that he did the best thing for all concerned, including himself, his wife and his kids? He lived a miserable existence. His wife shriveled up in front of his face. And if you don't think it adversely effected the kids you know nothing about kids and their sensitivity to what's going on in their parents marriage. That said, this is a god damn porn site, not the "Lonely Hearts Club Band". This story belongs elsewhere.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
A very good and true like story....

Something bad happened the day after my marrage, and I lost all trust in life and myself. After 30 years we are still together because we need each other for so my different reasons but I wish I had an way out. I truely miss the puppy love that I had....bill

SimplyMikeSimplyMikeover 10 years ago
Thoughtful........

This is probably the most thoughtful and insightful story I have read on here... Whether this is a true story or not I have no idea but it is certainly a lot more real with real and recognizable emotions than the 'burn the bitch' variety.... I thoroughly enjoyed it, it engaged me and gave me reason to feel sympathy for both the characters involved. The pain they both felt was palpable, real.... the whole thing was just so believable.

Well done, Jidoka.....

bobyroy69bobyroy69over 10 years ago
Please,

Don't stop writing. That's all I've to say after reading this...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Only Happy When It Rains

Jidoka,

A powerfully sad story exploring one man's inability to understand, empathsize , or forgive a truly unexpected and undeserved betrayal. The wife's weekend of whorish cheating seems so out of character with all you share about her background, attitudes, and marital behavior. The one addition that would make this story even better would be to write "Her Story" where we learn the inner thoughts, desires, motivations, and feelings about that weekend and everything Stacy did in her marriage after her adultery.

Northfield?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Great, sad story

Great story. Very insightful. He was so spot on in what he said. She may have wounded the marriage, but he killed it by not taking care of the wound and allowing it to heal. While she was no saint, this marriage could have been saved. Very sad tale indeed.

tazz317tazz317over 10 years ago
A TALE TOO REAL NOT TO BE

a pair where egos fear to tread, TK U MLJ LV NV

imhaplessimhaplessover 10 years ago
Definitely a 5

There is no doubt that you set out true emotions that I'm certain that many people have to deal with. Of course your story comes to the correct conclusion in saying that the guy was the one that destroyed his life, not his wife. Yeah, she was wrong. But he could have taken his anger out on Patterson, her mother, and her best friend and forgiven her. In my humble opinion, anyone who thinks that one cheating weekend is a more serious crime than any other in life has got their priorities all fucked up.

If he couldn't forgive, however, then he should have divorced right away. Doing things the way that he did resulted in unnecessary pain for all involved. Minimal pain could only be accomplished by real forgiveness with or without fucking up Patterson, or quick divorce.

dwhit48988dwhit48988over 10 years ago
Difficult Story

I am still not certain how his running into Robert Paulson in a bar he was able to determine that his wife had a wild weekend suck and fuck with Robert Paulson.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Disturbing

This story really rang true in a sense. The feelings expressed went too deep for me to believe that it was all fiction. If it was true in the sense that it really happened I am very sorry for you. Good luck. You might read and really ponder on Blake's Songs of Innocence and Experience. Also, you mentioned church. Ultimately, the strength to forgive comes from a higher source, at least as to those things we cannot forgive on our own. Best to you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
comment from dwhit

You need to read the story again.

read how the guy bragged about 2 nights in st paul with a hot slut, as he called her. A woman who's name he could not remember exactly. But a woman with a name similar to his wife's. A woman in st paul that was from Alaska.

read it again

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Bill says

"Faithful readers of the Loving Wife section fall into two categories: 1) Those who believe that all cheaters should be shot on sight and 2) Those who consider forgiveness under the right circumstances."

Unfortunately for many in the second group, you can substitute "any and all" for "the right."

Thank you, Jidoka, for the well told, though unpleasant to experience, story.

FD45FD45over 10 years ago

You spend more time dancing around the facts that occur than what actually happens, which sometimes harms your writing.

What do I mean? You went on and on (and on and on) about his time in that hotel waking up In vomit. Covered that ground quite thoroughly. Left us no doubt how he was feeling and alluded to why he was feeling it, not hard since this is LW.

But the actual revelation was given no particular significance. A throw away line. Maybe that was a style thing, but I saw it as an impediment.

The IDEAS are first rate. But you tend to run a bit wordy with them. Count the number of times he addresses the readers about how he wasn't sure what to do or how he was making HIS choices. Besides kicking down the fourth wall, it was repetitive.

This was an agony piece. Which is fine, I can appreciate them too. But there is a ratio between what happens in the story vs. the feelings of the story. Sad to say, sometimes this wallowed a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
no life

he stayed for years making every ones life hell. the kids, his wife and himself.

he was a wimp doing that. you make your mind up and move forward. hard

as that is to do. life is to short.

phd70phd70over 10 years ago
Husband takes his bad times too seriously!

Many marriage ceremonies include the phrase: 'for better or worse'. Life has its high points and low. An emotionally mature adult learns to deal with even terrible disappointments and betrayals and go on in the search for life satisfaction.

Jacob used the standard of 'perfection' as behavior for a 'satisfactory' wife. He ruined his marriage, his wife's happiness and his own life satisfaction by over-reacting for far too long to bad decisions and actions by Stacy for one weekend.

Jacob was not strong with his version of BTB behavior, but weak and unrealistic. BTB behavior is not a sign of strength when applied indiscriminately to all situations, especially those of short duration cheating. In this case Jacob overdid it. Dan. 3 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wife's Point of view?

Jidoka,

Have read all and enjoyed them, as my post says would love to see a part 2 from the wife's point of view.

Great work

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Sad Story

Thanks for sharing. I hope it helps you to lighten the heavy burden. Forgive her and move on...easy said than done I know.

phil2213phil2213over 10 years ago
I didn't like this story because of it being too realistic.

There was no revenge just absolute implosion. The pair didn't match period. The daughter was a definite mistake but it wasn't her fault. I don't enjoy sad stories of punishment and self hatred.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
phil2213 ....

you stated "The daughter was a definite mistake but it wasn't her fault" OK, I really am trying to understand your statement "BUT" there's just one problem with seeing your point of view ... I can't seem to get my head that far up my ASS!!!

NKenNKenabout 10 years ago
Yes! there should be a wifes point of view

But, i don't get why many who have commented don't understand the husbands point of view!

Yes it was "just" a weekend of debauchery she had, but in that weekend she did things she had never done with her husband (and shouldn't have been doing!). From that moment on her every action is a poke in the eye to her husband!

Once the husband becomes aware (although i am confused when he supposedly learns from her lover which seems to be years after his daughters 3 month check which also revealed his wifes screwing around!) i totally understand his reaction to stay and support his "children" through to adulthood because that is the way i've reacted as well!

Keep writing Jidoka, i look forward to reading many more!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
A long, drawn out story without much substance much like this marriage

The main character Jacob needed to make a choice and move on. But he stayed like a wimp and did nothing to her or the prick she cheated with. Jacob should have made his wife explain to children why their marriage was in trouble or told them himself. She should have had to go after the bio dad for child support forcing her to face her past and deal with it. Not telling the children why mom and dad did not love each other anymore was wrong. My experience is that the children will figure it out eventually and the repercussions and damage so much greater when it happens. I only gave this story a rating of "2" because it was long, drawn out and without much substance. I don't even pay attention to the writing when the story is not good.

Lonewolf2013

Tim413Tim413about 10 years ago
Another fine story, but

longer than necessary to convey the message. There was one place where I clearly saw myself as Jacob. Had I stayed with my cheating wife, I would have constantly thrown reminders in her face. It took me more than a decade following the divorce to stop being mad at her.

searching0240searching0240about 10 years ago
Wifes Point Of View

I would also like to see a story from the wife's point of view. She seemed to be truly sorry. And she seemed to love him. So how did she allow herself to spend 2 days being a slut for another man. I would really like to understand.

I also don't understand why so many don't see the husband's point of view. Loving someone will not necessarily make a relationship work. It takes love, trust and shared commitment. They wife seems to have skimped on 2 of the three. That 2 days of betrayal was compounded by years of silence, an unplanned pregnancy, and sharing of the secret with the best friend and mother in law.

It would take a better man than me to get past that, no matter how hard I tried.

Robert

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Sad tale

And I agree that the husband has 95% of the blame here. The comment

"made me realize it was time to let go or grow into a person I never wanted to be"

Was too late as he already was.

My wife did something similar early in our marriage, not a weekend of slutting around but sleeping with another guy, and there was no child. Yes I knew about it then and forgave her. 28 years later I am the luckiest man alive for what she has given me, and we are more in love now than ever. (Hate me BTB tribe)

Jacob thinks walking away will cure the cancer. It won't until he truly forgives. If he had done that then this story could have had a better ending not a bitter ending.

This ended up with no winners just two sad lonely people who know they should be together but can't get past one weekend, when the marriage was not in a good place, or the years of bitter recriminations of the hubby. Reprise please.

RhomanovRhomanovabout 10 years ago
Came back after year to reread ...

To me the ending did not match the flow ..... The hubby seems to have lost his big boy pants. It was obvious (to me) that the wife did everything surrounding her "oops" to in a selfish self protective mode. How she equate love without respect is a mystery to me.

She killed it. He took far too long to bury it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Such a sad tale

I enjoyed this story as much as any other story of heartache, by a fabulous author.

Isn't it awful, that one single spouse can destroy so much with carelessness? I liked the story in that they stayed together. If it were me, the penalty she would have paid would have been living with me, raising our children, keeping house, but never receiving a touch or caress from me. She would never be allowed to touch me either. Separate beds in separate rooms. And it would stay like that for as long as she could take it.

IrfonIrfonalmost 10 years ago
Very well written..

There are many members of this site who read this story,and identified with it.

You describe well,how many men feel in this type of situation.

You truthfully, said what many men want to say in that situation - I'm amazed that you made your main character stay in the 'Marriage' - BUT I do understand his love for his children.

A sad but True evocation of Real Life - Thank You.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wait, he knew it

at 3 months and at 6 years old ? ? ? Don't get it, he didn't get upset untill some random person told him about their affair ? ? bill...

MerlynemrysMerlynemrysalmost 10 years ago
Gave it a 5

I hated this story. It was too real and it's so well written that I could feel all the pain. It wasn't fun to read but I couldn't stop. I found the ending almost unbearable but there could be no other ending, given the personality involved. I see no future and no happiness for either character. That is sad.

Could this story have taken other directions? Sure! Different people run on different tracks. Who do I blame for the final collapse? That is all on him.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

he and stacy need to try and reconcile

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
I have many questions from this sad tale

I guess my first question is this - If she could live with the secrets and lies (her affair and his daughter) for all those years, treat him and the children in an almost perfect manner (his words) why couldn't he afford her the same thing? He knows the secrets. Just shut his mouth. Yes. This may be considered the wimp way of doing things, but look at the alternative. Years and years of misery. You don't think the children knew something bad had happened? Kids are much more in tune then even their parents give them credit for. Very well told tale but there was no joy in the reading. Certainly wasn't entertaining. Just sad. You can write. But there is no happiness to be found in your stories. I wonder if this would be better placed in non-erotic? They don't have a "this is real life and a downer" category.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 10 years ago
years of misery

Leaving her is so bad as opposed to living with:

"He said you were the biggest slut he ever met. The biggest whore that ever walked the face of the earth. The BEST FUCK OF HIS LIFE!"

How did she get to be that good?

If she had been as inexperienced as Jacob thought when they started.

He already caught her in some huge lies, were there more lies yet undiscovered?

The trust is gone, the love is gone at least on his side.

And she didn't apologize to him for cheating or for giving him another mans baby to raise instead of his own.

MrFluffyCatMrFluffyCatalmost 10 years ago
Third Time Re-reading it

This story is so powerful, I'd love to rate it and give it a 5 but, "In the end, it wasn't Stacy that killed our marriage. It was me." really just killed it for me. Stacy did truly seem to want to repent, but the fact that she never said sorry until brought up, and the first thing that came out her mouth was "How did you find out?" really made me wanna hurt her. Really, she was so selfish, the husband basically became a broken man, and she became a docile 'pet' pretty much to keep him. Which in turn pissed him off further, she should have easily been able to see that it wasn't working out and divorced him out of mercy for crushing his soul, but nope, she'd rather continue her selfish act of trying to restore what she destroyed. I'm not trying to say this is all her fault either though. He stayed for the kids and to keep his assets, was a pretty bad reason he could have easily gotten joint custody, I'm sure Stacy wouldn't have fought him on it. The fact that he couldn't forgive her for what she did was easily acceptable, she hid the fact that his own daughter was not biologically his, and never planned to tell him about it, he should have just cut her loose, when he realized their was no hope of reconciliation, even if he still loved her. In the end they both did what they did for selfish reasons, and both paid the price. I really feel bad for the Husband ):

phd70phd70over 9 years ago
A Sad Tale!

Too much of a downer for me. The wife only 'cheated' for one weekend. The Husband's favorite daughter was the product of that mistake! My thought is that the great satisfaction of the father/daughter relationship and the brief nature of the affair should have permitted him to forgive and reconnect to his wife. If his lack of emotional strength and will did not permit him to reconcile, that is his challenge and weakness. He should have divorced, providing the two spouses the opportunity to seek new partners and build a new spousal life. Joint custody would have preserved the family for the children. My three star rating was generous for downbeat nature of this story. The husband's idea that the wife's not telling him the truth about his daughter's parent was a 'never ending' and repetitive lie was simply an exaggeration of the 'crime'. Life in a way is a series of dealt hands, which require participants to play them as best as possible. No reason to allow one bad hand to end the game forever. Dan

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
As someone said: A very sad tale!!!

A very sad tale, where hope wasn't ever present. He reacted as he felt right. There aren't two people reacting exactly the same in the same circunstances...But the lack of hope made it very sad to read...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

i think i understand how it feels, even if what i did felt was very much less severe, i imagine.

But i understand.

It's hard to overcome that, that burden at the back of your mind, the one that drowned your heart but you never realised how deep. Until one day, long time after, you realized that the light that you see is actually just rays of reflected light on the surface and you haven't come out of the water yet. But now you're a broken man, trying to reach surface is just hard and you can't even remember how it feels to be out there.

I kind of understand stacy too...

If you can't get back to her and she haven't met anyone, she's there in the water with you, with the stone she tied to her ankles, just staring at the deep.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

actually, fuck that.

Stacy probably still deluding herself thinking that "i still love him but i don't deserve him unless i repent". From what i read that's manipulating herself to be the sorry person she is now.

If you've moved on, aka finished mourning & feeling sorry for yourself, nothing that nobody never done before like my previous comment, do your family a favor and be a bigger man. Help yourself to be the most person you can be when you were happiest before the shitstorm, and help her too. Not for her, that's for yourself, really.

Get each of them to the best state they can be in the last 10 years as soon as possible, then you can say that you have close that chapter. That will most probably bring a new chapter of your life, and your kids life at least.

i know now that was what i should do but i didn't do it. And i regret that.

xtchrxtchrover 9 years ago
I Don't Understand!

I just don't understand these types of stories. The wife cheated for a weekend and became a slut/whore for another man. She even had the other cheaters child and pawned it off on the husband. She kept it a secret from him but told her mother and best friend. Lots of respect and love there. Oh wait, its OK because she was angry at him that weekend. I really don't understand all the angst that the husband is going through, and to stay with her for years. I do understand the fact of the 2 children that are his but are they better off in the relationship he had with his cheating wife. I don't think so. He should have had DNA tests done on all the children and divorced her cleanly and moved on with his life.

ErotFanErotFanover 9 years ago
Exercise in how to drive yourself into neurosis

This story was like watching a snake swallowing a frog. Somehow interesting and disturbing at the same time.

A long drawn out story about a man driving himself crazy while ruining his family. He probably never saw how his neurosis affected his kids.

A sad little man.

OneShotOneOneShotOneover 9 years ago
Second time reading this one

The one problem I have with this story is that the kids are phantoms. There is no discussion of how being raised in such a toxic environment affected them.

PoormanRichmanPoormanRichmanover 9 years ago
Ummm My 2 Cents worth ???

It seems to me that when people try to separate themselves from their spiritual side they Always reach a point in their lives that acts like a road block to their happiness.

I know its true, but its a very hard thing to prove. Its also an observation of mine that its the bible that has those answers, and its so strange to read a story where the main character is so close to the solution, but can't see the wood for the Trees.

But the 10 commandments are as plain and simple as could be, and yet most people follow man made changes to them in the day of worship, so its not surprising that most of the potency of the bible has been watered down and lost through the devils manipulation of men.

The reason this man could not forgive was obvious to me. The same enemy of men that tempted the wife to stray and then keep lying about it was the same little voice that keeps whispering and reminding the husband of everything he was trying to forgive and forget. VERY Few people know and understand that it is Christ who gives humans the ability to forgive. We have fallen natures we are not capable of doing it on our own. I feel so sorry for people who never understand that very basic truth. They suffer SO MUCH and the relief from their suffering is waiting 24/7 , 52 weeks of the year and every year of their lives just waiting for them to come to him.

I was watching a good preacher explain a simple truth recently that fits this story.

If your not filled with the Holy Sprit your either Demon Possessed or Demon Harassed.. Those 2 powers are in control of everything and everyone through their influence of peoples thoughts and there IS No Middle Ground. Those who think they can get through life, by ignoring the truth simply end up on the enemy of souls turf by Default.

Lovely job of writing by the way. You should write more.

5 Stars

GoesGruntGoesGruntover 9 years ago
Out The Truth

Tell the child you love them, but mommy lied to you and them when she said you were the child's father. Tell the child you'll still be there for them, but mommy's lies mean you can't ever trust mommy again and so you can't all live together because mommy can't be trusted.

Then get the damn divorce.

gara5289gara5289over 9 years ago

This felt more 'real' then most of the stories where the cheated burns the cheater or the cheated turns into a wimp.

wistful_of_ozwistful_of_ozover 9 years ago
A well told story...

Of everyday agony and wicked personal problems without solutions.

A much better, more realistic and humane account than the usual BTB fare.

Sometimes Humpty cannot be put back together.

Thank you.

sdc97230sdc97230over 9 years ago
Jessica needed to be told

Someday she'll need to know that her family's medical and genetic history does not include the man she has grown up thinking was her father. She'll need to know what potential health issues she and her future children may have inherited from her biological father.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
To forgive...

... and to forget are two completely different things. It seems the author was attempting to combine them, while not understanding that forgiveness is releasing the pain you feel for the slights of others (and adultery is one of the worst), but to forget is when you allow that person to slight you again. You forgive for yourself, you forget for someone else.

You must first forgive. To forget comes later and is an option I personally don't believe in taking. Forgetting comes with rebuilding trust. My own personal experiences have taught me not to allow someone that opportunity, but if you think you'd be truly happier doing so then you must find a way for that person to earn your trust again. If they fail to then that's on them and you need to finally move on.

The wife truly failed to attempt any form of rebuilding trust. Perhaps because she'd lived with the lie for so long or perhaps she didn't have the tools to recognize that she needed to do this, but she definitely failed to initiate any trust building from her end.

Ultimately I personally would find the lies FAR worse then the original transgression and the part I wouldn't have been able to get over. In fact, given a similar situation and assuming the mother knew, I would have written her off as well. I don't need people in my life keeping information from me, even if that information may be hurtful.

When you lie about something (directly or thru omission) like this situation you're not just lying, but stealing. You've stolen the other person's choice. Their opportunity to exercise free will with knowledge. That ultimately is what's so destructive about adultery and doubly so when it involves kids.

Well written and, if it's not, certainly reads like a true tale experienced by the author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Something like that happened to me.

And still is, like yesterday, a death in the family, (an accident?), loyalties split and never healed. 35 fucking years and no money, why work for something if nobody believes in you. I'm truly FUCKED......because I'm still married.....

No Name

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 9 years ago
if her first words were how did you find out

Then that was the nail in the coffin. If her first words would have been I'm sorry then maybe maybe they might have been able to work through it. Good read.

Seeker1107Seeker1107about 9 years ago
if her first words were how did you find out

Then that was the nail in the coffin. If her first words would have been I'm sorry then maybe maybe they might have been able to work through it. Good read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great example for the kids....

He not only destroyed his life he also ruined his kids too. Those kids had to grow up in a house experiencing a loveless marriage. Kids are not stupid, they knew their parents were not loving towards each other. So for years they had to live with a pissed off father and a frightened mother. As soon as the kids graduate the father divorced the mother. Like that isn't going to screw up the kids to be exposed to that toxic situation for years. The guy is really a selfish prick, his main motivation to stay was his business and assets. Took four years to protect his stuff, he should have left then. The true victims of this story are the kids. Bet it was real fun growing up in that house.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
1*

what a fucking depressing story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
5

great story! Thanks for your effort

Kerry312Kerry312about 9 years ago
Anons

Some of you ANONS are fucking scum total scum SHE fucking cheats has another man's child and palms it off on him and it is his fault the family was ruined ARE you really that INSANE

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 9 years ago
A great story

Very sad, very poignant, and just as complex as real life.

patilliepatilliealmost 9 years ago
Tour de force writing

This is the second time I have read this, the first was prob 5 yrs ago or more. I dont remember what I rated but this is a 5 all the way. Great insight into the man's mind and the devastation that infidelity provides the marriage.

gonna have to read some more from your library, great job, hope you will write more stories soon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
No Justice

I gave the story a low score, mainly because her lover Paulson gets off free. The author should have included Paulson being sued for back, and future child support. A question for women readers. Are women so stupid as not to use birth control when cheating? Wait. I forgot. All Literotica women are stupid.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2almost 9 years ago
I gave your story a 5 for effort and content

Great LW story and you pissed off dear annony! Who tells us all he hates these stories. But he keeps reading and voting!! FUCK you dear annony

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
1St things first, Bonnie go home and finish fucking you cat. Your as dumb as a fucking sea shell

This guy was typical of the new generation of willing cuckolds. If he were a man, he would have let the whore fend for herself. And yet another story were the husbands a pussy that didn't fight for his kids.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Tragic but distant

Congrats. Good story. Four out of five. The overall plot is interesting, but not particularly original. It is well told and well written but I think it is weakened by the fact the protagonist is telling all this after the fact. I understand that is the style the author has chosen but it distances the reader from the events. Always show, never tell. I would have liked to have been there for those conversation's with his wife and her friend and her mother. I wanted to experience those conversations. And because we don't get to hear those conversations we don't know the wife didn't say I'm sorry. The time element seemed weird. The author said weeks and months passed without them speaking or being alone in the same room. That seems improbable. No question the author has talent. I just think the chosen narrative structure is somewhat flawed. Cheers Steve

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
I hated this story

he just rolled over and died. No responsibility for her actions or her lover's actions. He may have loved his kids but staying in a loveless marriage was not the best thing to do. 1* only.

jimbo103jimbo103over 8 years ago
was this real or fiction?

what if i choose to accept this story as real? well well well, it would certainly allow me to form a picture of what your life may have been, a very hauntingly beautiful picture.

i believe i am blessed as per your earlier definition in this story. but i also wish to ask all, i know that its been said that we become that what we fear or truly hate if we pursue that hate/fear.

how do you know a person wont betray you? (tough right) or how do gauge the limit to test ones loyalty & fidelity?

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 8 years ago
Second time through...

Still five stars, still a favorite.

dyonysosdyonysosover 8 years ago
your story(s)

i've read them all,they are good,very good even but what strikes me about them is that they are basically very sad but i think you must have your reasons

4 ****

HeWhoGoesThereHeWhoGoesThereover 8 years ago
Meh.

A bit too drawn out for my tastes. The biggest thing is the fact that his daughter isn't really his daughter, but it isn't given nearly the attention it deserves. And even the fact that she fucked Robert again, sober this time, is only mentioned in passing. This guy spends so much time waxing poetic about his crumbling life, that the actual details of it all are more or less brushed aside in favor of his personal feelings. Now given, that may have been the entire point, but it still makes for a pretty tedious and unsatisfying read.

But the thing that really stands out to me is his fixation on his wife not saying she's sorry. Like that makes a difference? There's a reason sayings like "Talk is cheap" and "Actions speak louder than words" exist. Saying "sorry" doesn't mean shit. *Showing* "sorry" is the way to go, and by all accounts the wife did just that. Now I'm not saying he should have reconciled, but the reasoning he gave for not doing so is, quite frankly, stupid. In real life, saying you're sorry doesn't mean a thing. In most of the stories around here, "sorry" doesn't mean a thing. Even in some of your own stories, "sorry" doesn't cut it, so why would the husband here care about whether or not she said two ultimately meaningless words?

A better way to go about it would've been to have him focus on that second day. When she was sober and *should* have been wracked with guilt over what she had done, and freaking the hell out over waking up in bed with a man who wasn't her husband. But instead of getting her ass home, getting hold of a "morning after" pill and getting herself tested for STDs, she made a conscious decision to go back for a second helping. And apparently several more throughout the day, since it's said in the story that a lot of the things the husband thought they'd discovered together, she had already done with lover boy. There's only two possible explanations for that: either she liked it so much that she couldn't help herself, or she just shrugged and thought "In for a penny...". Whichever way, that's grounds for divorce, because it means she has the capacity to cheat again on a whim.

3 stars from me. It could do with being half as long, or trimming off some of the angst-fat in favor the husband dwelling on the details of what happened, rather than agonizing over the fact that it happened at all. Just my opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
You are such a depressing writer 1*

You write well but when do you ever have anything uplifting in your stories. What is the point of such misery all the time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1*

for you bonnie/vastie!

shaman43shaman43over 8 years ago
Hope

That the sadness and hopelessness you conveyed in this story is therapeutic for you. Hated that the plot had no other way for it to go for you and the characters in it. Have known real people with these same issues.And in the story I feel more empathy for the wife than the husband. She shit on him for a weekend while he shit on her for life. His revenge was like committing suicide to punish her only he was still breathing. Hated where the plot went but I could not stop reading. By the way I do not know the anon that rates so many stories from authors on here then cusses out "vastie smith." I do fantasize about beating the hell out of him and I know I could. Had so much training to do so. Feel that way because he is a pleasure killer for no reason. He does not need to read what angers him so while being with joy. Just stop being foolish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
hahahaha

so to this moron writer is the Jews fault for not forgiving the nazi's.....its the raped teen girl for not forgiving the rapist....lololol once again a pussy writer. here let me skull fuck your kids....but their anger is their fault. Midwest land of victims..gotta go there and rape and pillage

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Sad Story

In summery it was a story of a wronged husband who dug his own grave and pulled the dirt in after himself.

racfguyracfguyover 8 years ago
Sad

After reading this, then several of the other comments, I wonder why many of the comments want to make Jacob the bad guy?

The bad guy(s) are Stacy, her mother & friend and Robert.

Stacy for cheating in the first place,

Mother & Friend for knowing what Stacy did and not letting Jacob know,

Robert for being a scumbag preying on women, especially another man's wife.

That is about the most despicable thing I can think of to do to someone. Of course assholes like him have to brag about their "conquests" to anybody who will listen. If you are going to be a sleazebag and do this crap, you should at least keep it to yourself, certainly not to any stranger on the next barstool.

Low-lifes like this guy are just losers who think they are "a man" getting by with shit like this. Real men are NOT like that.

Before I retired, I did quite a but of travelling (was a "fed") but it never crossed my mind to cheat on my lovely wife of over 40 years - that's how a real man conducts himself. There is a saying: ". . . never do something, say something or go somewhere where you wouldn't take your mother, sister, wife or daughter . . . "

No, Jacob wasn't the bad guy here. Yes, by the strictest definition he was a chckhold, but it was Stacy's adultery - he did nothing to cause this situation. Another old saying: " . . . don't mad, get even . . "

Jacob got even, and that's OK with me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The story missed a significant point....

The oldest was 13 when the discovery took place and his mental separation went into action. Do you think the kids did not see this loveless parental environment for the next almost 10yrs? Do you think this did not make an impact upon them of what love should be between parents? I can assume no more family vacations or family holidays with grandma - still think no impact? The kids were affect for years/decades.

It happen to me when my boys were the same age, now in their 30's they still have not had a meaningful relationship - and fearful to be victim of what they saw me go through, and yes both know she cheated. The night of discover was the first time they ever saw me cry ---- unfortunately it had a profound impact on them. They overheard her tell me she was divorcing me - to be rescinded two days later - the guilt sex was hot for a week then she has never initiated anything with me since. I also could not afford a divorce plus I did not want to leave my kids with her - since I made them, it's my responsibility not abandon them - in retrospect I made a mistake. But to this day if she comes home late, etc., I wonder if she is wondering? (a mans barometer of a relationship is sex - yup that's all we guys ever think about - for a reason)). Do not kid yourself - girlfriends/female-family will lie, alibi, cheat for one another to cover for a cheater, with few exceptions! KRD

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
well

A sad tale.

I agree with a poster about the effect this story would have had if real life on children.

A friends wife cheated and she abandoned him and her 3 school age children eventually to sex her boss full time.

They are grown now in upper 20s and 30s.

Not a one has been able to keep a relationship. They just dont trust. They dont believe commitment really exists.

So cheaters are not just harming the spouse, which the stories here all focus on mostly, they destroy the children in ways not seen for a long time.

I know thee poor guy was hurt. But this happened 13 yrs prior and she was a model wife since. I wonder why that didnt count in the story. She certainly lived a crappy life because of it.

vastiesmith2vastiesmith2about 8 years ago
5

it's a story of fiction dear anony. That means dumbass it's not real. Why the fuck do these assholes keep reading stories on LW ? They must be retarded or brain dead or really loved this section of LT! I think they love it.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Maybe the Best Plot

Given the conditions Jacob faced in the story I thought his actions were very realistic for a responsible man. He was not some sickening saint able to forgive sin with his blessing. He was a man, his love was mortally wounded by a selfish woman, and he held his guts in for years to raise his kids, and another man's kid, to do the right thing. Had she really loved him, she would have told him the kid wasn't his and offered to set him free. Instead she lied to him and had the twins - tying him down even longer. All her actions were about what was best for her. She never gave a fuck about him. She used him. She used the children as hostages to keep him paying the bills and raising the kids. This is what doomed the marriage.

Stacy got to watch his pain everyday. Pain she had inflicted out of anger and stupidity. When his mission was completed, he moved on. A lot of men and women stay with a shitty spouse for the sake of the children - until the kids were grown. Then, they go. It is the way it is. People suck.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXabout 8 years ago
Dam that was painful, but true

Well written but very depressing. Such is real life sometimes.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous