All Comments on 'My Story'

by Jidoka

Sort by:
  • 506 Comments (Page 3)
amyyumamyyumabout 8 years ago
Very well written -- but about a spinelss, pathetic, embarrassing man

This story easily rates 5* in my book. However, I have zero respect for your main character. I doubt there ever has been a more spineless, pathetic, embarrassing man depicted in any literotica story. He's much worse than a willing cuckold -- he let something that was ancient history destroy him. As other commenters have noted whether he allowed himself to recognize it or not his children suffered. What kind of a father is a morose automaton?

Thank you for a great story and a lesson on what NOT to be; I'm much more sympathetic to his wife than to him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
SO REAL !

Although I don't think any of the hundreds of other stories I've read on Literotica have left me SO depressed, I couldn't help but rate it as five stars. The author did a wonderful job of capturing the senses of betrayal, hopelessness, and despair that come when a relationship dies.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
@amyyum

so since she cheated in the past, it was "ancient history" and he would have to forgive and forget? typical comment from a cheating whore.

5*, even if he should have divorced the bitch sooner.

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 8 years ago
Stunning story

What a terrible thing it is when monogamy defines marriage. In the recent past, more men than women cheated, and now men and women' cheating is at parity, so we can conclude there is a greater chance for cheating yo occur in any marriage. The tragedy of the story was that an brief two day affair decades ago was allowed to distroy two peoples happiness and joy. They lived broken ever after. All the worse because you wrote their lives, up to the epithany, to be so joyful.

Powerful, superbly written story.

Chilley

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsalmost 8 years ago
@chilleywilley 06/22/16

re:

Stunning story

What a terrible thing it is

--------

What a terrible thing it is when people expect other people to keep their word when they give it to them.

dyonysosdyonysosalmost 8 years ago
The story

I have to fully agree with // amyyum,selfpity destroyed his chance of happiness,he is just a guy who can't accept that people make mistakes,the lying was for his benefit ,not only by her mother and sister but even,as we were told,by his own mother

Exept for the one mistake his wife was a saint but for some people even that it isn't enough i guess

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
What I don't understand in some comments...

What I don't understand in some comments: Sure she just commit one mistake, then tryed to redeem herself over the years...I understand and agree that she deserved a chance to be forgiven and be happy with him...But what I don't understand is why some people think he hadn't the same right to not forget or forgive...and make his own choices...3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sad Story

It's sad because people stay together for the wrong reasons. Like having kids. Why stay in a marriage and be miserable, just get the divorce and move on, find someone that makes u happy. Live life.....

christmas_apechristmas_apealmost 8 years ago

thank you very much. this was very moving.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
What a wimp

What a fucking wimp. Typical American husband.

I would have kick the whore out the first night I know n her daughter too. Why coz the daughter is the living constant reminder of her cheating n what a whore of a wife he have.

Should have divorce the whore next day he found out.n denounced parental right to her daughter.

I font like wimpy ASS husband story...may b they deserves to b cheated n cuckolded cos they r wimp.

2*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Been there, Done that...

The worst thing in the world is when you catch your wife cheating, and acting the whore for some one else. Especially where their are innocent kids involved. No matter how much you love the whore, you just can't bring yourself to forgive the cunt. You're always the last one to know. Because her sisters, mother and friends are all in on it. It takes half a lifetime to re-group and start a new life. Married now for 42 years to my present wife I some times remember that dark period in my life. Thank God I came through in one piece.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Been there ,done that ,the T-shirt is 20 years old .

Jacob , I feel your pain . We only had 1 child . Kristen. Handicapped . Poor thing died 4 years ago . We divorced 20 years ago . I never got over the betrayal .To state that I'm damaged goods , is an understatement . I tried to start over. I really did . When I started dating again , My level of B-S was very low . It still is . If a woman i dated said something that I thought was 'fishy' or 'odd' , or was other wise innocent to most normal people , I would analyze , and over analyze it . I could never trust anyone . If while dating , we would have a meaningless argument over something stupid , because my daughter had died , and I identified her body , I would head for the door . I have put my effort into my work . I hope to have security in my retired life . I hope you can too .

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Good Man and husband

I have seen divorce when I was a kid and as an adult. I saw things when I was a child that I am not in a position to see as an adult. As a child and friends with a daughter of parents divorcing I saw first hand the emotional devastation she experienced. Since that first time I have observed the kids in the same situations. It affects girls more than boys. Girls can feel abandoned by the parent without custody. Their emotional security is destroyed and the effects are lifelong.

I find divorcing parents with children are selfish bastards. They lie to themselves by saying the kids will adjust. They do adjust but are emotionally damaged, sort of like breaking an arm but never getting it set properly. The arm will work nut not as well as before the break.

I like this guy in the story, he was totally committed to his wife and kids. There is nothing more damaging to a marriage than lies. For me I cannot have sex, the most intimate act possible, without having absolute trust in my partner. I guess that's why I was never promiscuous before marriage.

Stacy made two mistakes, cheating (forgivable for one night) and lying for years. They were doomed from the birth of her daughter. I understand both, except why she went back a second night and why she gave a stranger something that she denied her husband. No fix for this couple. Waiting for the kids to leave was honorable and unselfish

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
couldn't have been

Much of marriage for her. Giving up ass, going back second night, telling people daughter wasn't his. She was sorry she got caught-NOT FOR BEING WHORE FOR A STRANGER AN ENTIRE WEEKEND SO EARLY IN MARRIAGE.

TOO BAD AUTHOR LEFT HUSBAND TO TAKE BLAME

TRUE LIFE REAL STORY SERIAL CHEATING WIFE

HELENA MONTANA

DETAILS Facebook profile dearbornmt@yahoo.com

Oldfart72Oldfart72over 7 years ago
Sucked

This whole story sucked

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Me too

Like many of the comments I am also a "Been there ... Done that ".

My ex cheated on me while I was in Vietnam. I was devastated but wanted to save my marriage so I forgave her. Then 30 years later i found out that she'd recently spent the weekend in Dallas with my best friend instead of in Kansas City for work like she told me. When I confronted her she broke down and admitted it and also told me about all the other times she'd cheate.

Needless to say we are divorced after 32 years of marriage and 2 grown kids. I had a paternity test done with both kids and the test results say that the kids are mine.

But I have no contact with the cheating bitch other than sending her her alimony check each month.

And if you're interested, she's not with my ex best friend. When it all came out he decided to stay with his wife. So my ex now lives alone, basically has no friends, and has to work full time (something she never had yo do before :))

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
does not compute

Wife says the illicit sex was not that great. Her lover said she was hottest fuck ever. That and she went bsck for seconds

End for me was illegitimate daughter and that she told others about girl's paternity.

Like the husband I do not believe she was sorry. Guilty feeling perhaps, but I am certain she relived that weekend many times while having sex eith husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Not Sorry...Just Guilty

Well-written. Very few people react the same when confronted with the infidelity and lies of a spouse. Did he make the right decision? I think so. She got mad at her husband but soon they kissed and made up. But she had taken out her anger on him by having slut-like sex with a stranger (Robert Paulson). She denied him nothing, even giving him her anal cherry. Several forms of sex that she denied her husband before and even after the birth of her bastard daughter. She couldn't have been sorry. She went back to him for a second night of debauchery. She told her husband that this was not the only time she had cheated on him. There was one other occurrence. She got to relive the weekend of cheating every time she and her friend...and she and her mother discussed it. How to end a marriage...(1) Have adulterous sex (2) Have a bastard child from the affair (3) Lie to your husband for years about the paternity of your bastard child or children (4) Complete the cuckoldry of your husband by telling others of your infidelity. By the way, the bsstard daughter will someday discover the truth if she hasn't already.

Oldfart72Oldfart72over 7 years ago
Not worth a comment

Bullshit. I c everybody out there r above reproach. I would bet that 75% of u have cheated on your spouse. If we burned all that cheated. There would be a very few people left in the world

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Forgivness?

My late wife cheated on me also. About fifteen years later she told me and she said I was not the father of my son. Well he died way before then. But she had kept it from me for fifteen years. But!! I manned up I didn´t leave her because I loved her and I didn´t want to put my kids through a divorce. I stayed with her. It took a long time but I learned to trust her again. We stayed together for forty six years before she died. I don´t regret my decision to stay with her. Yes the ghost of that affair still haunt me but I feel I made the right decision. After all we´re all human and we make mistakes. So who am I to judge? I just didn´t let my pride control my feelings.

Denny CraneDenny Craneover 7 years ago
Fuck, that was depresssing....

...but 5* for a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Sad

For you out there that need the a little bit of strange. This is what happens. It wasn't as much the strange that was the problem it was the years of lies.

Johnny1MJohnny1Mover 7 years ago
every single story by this author is well written and

depressing as hell. so depressing in fact that I recommend you don't read any more of his stories.

ohyessssssohyessssssover 7 years ago
:-)

I agree with Johnny 1m. Sometimes people are their own worst enemies. They give themselves ulcers or they stay in loveless marriages, and make everyone miserable , because they didn't want to get financially screwed in the divorce. I would have been gone as soon as I returned home and confronted her. In thirty years that man whore traveled , Stacy had been the nastiest slut he ever met. She had him raise her bastard child. She deserved absolutely no consideration. AMF. As usual it was very well written. Four stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
i hate wimps

instead of ending it he hangs around to make everyone miserable, even though she was the cheater i felt like telling him to deal with it or fuck off! boring depressing story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
In some way, this may be the saddest story that I've read on this site.

Well done. Maybe the moral of the story is that we are often the architect of our own sadness and destruction. If failing to forgive hurts you as much or more than the person needing or wanting forgiveness, you lose the most because you alone had the power of redemption. In reality, you can't forgive yourself for your failure to forgive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
WHAT A DEPRESSING STORY

Hi there peoples! Truly this story is so depressing it should be classified as either the best or the worst story? Some get off being depressed? Me I prefer to leave it! So I give it a minus you give it what you want! Love you all! GREG.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
What A Sad, Sad Tale...

This is a really sad, sad tale about love destroyed by long held secret affair that produced a loved child that wasn't his. I can see both sides of the story, but the cheating wife was in the wrong and destroyed her marriage by killing her husband's love by keeping the secret until he found out in a pretty horrid manner. Hard to imagine one worse actually. Seeing the recording would do it for me.

But it's also so sad that he couldn't forgive her for something that happened over two days 13 years ago. However, loss of trust is such a terrible thing in a marriage. How do you recover it? No easy answers, but two children that are his and those years of her love and devotion after the fact should have counted a long way. Still, the child's very existence is a rebuke to him. No, not a easy thing to get over and forgive...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Moved On To Late

Should of divorced as-soon-as he found out or he should of put 100% of his time working to put his marriage back together.

boatbummboatbummover 7 years ago
A Sad Tale Indeed!

A one night mistake might have been forgivable, but going back for seconds? No Way! BTB in the Hell of her own making.

This story is sad testimony to the Sartre line "l'enfer c'est les autres" -- Hell is other people -- in this case, Jacob choosing his own Hell by staying with Stacy so long and not moving on.

Well written as usual, but a bit depressing for my taste....

pip1247pip1247about 7 years ago
Did the best you could

No one has all the answers and you did the best you could. Kids were front and center and that's what matters. You'll most likely never heal and that's just the way it goes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Walking Dead

The author himself said it, "Walking Dead", and he made sure that state of existence persisted. That wasn't fair to himself or anyone else. He should have committed himself 100% or complete separation. If he was not strong enough to make that decision, then how can you NOT understand the bad decision process in the wife and the corresponding consequences?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Two Stupid Idiots

She for cheating so long ago in the first place. Him for not getting help for the both of them, when he found out about her cheating. The both of them for NOT trying harder for the family they have.

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 7 years ago
Another Bite at the Apple

Little quibble: Since this is a first-person retrospective, the pure narration is forgivable, but there WERE some talks with Sweetie that coulda been inserted without loosing the thread.

Quibble1: Hubby's summary of his discovery meeting with The Lothario was very unconvincing. Lothario couldn't even get Sweetie's name right ... how many Staceys might there be in that large city? (Also, another place where the actual conversation might have been repoered.

Quibble2: Late in the account, Hubby suggests that he knew his first-born was not fruit of his loins MUCH esrlier, due to blood type. Why did the actual Lothario send him over the wall (assuming that there was a more convincing ID of HIS Stacey!)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Betrayal is a Bitch

It is the most evil of sins against your partner.

Sex is biological and primarily driven. We all have the urges.

This fact makes it possible for us to "understand" and possibly forgive our partners weaknesses when they give in to adulterous sex. But the betrayal of our partners trust is the more grievous wound, much deeper by far.

That's why when we are confronted with this nightmare our first question is "WHY did you do this to me (us) ?" Immediately upon exposure the emotional damage to the bedrock trust is done.

The questions of how, or how many times, or the sordid details come later, IF EVER.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Follow you logic?

Hell yo u hag mountains of gobblie gook between short sentences of logical statements. This was really a short story with a lot of wasted words.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
I'm sure those shitty years

produced some mega-fucked up kids - no wonder there are serial killers, closet-cucks, and other shit out there - fucks like these incorrigibly shitty parents create them

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
3.5* It's Simple

Why make it hard with so much hand wringing and second guessing ?

She cheated , not once but TWICE !!

The child was not his !

She never said she was sorry until he challenged her about it !

Then he whines and blames himself "In the end, it wasn't Stacy who killed our marriage. It was me ".

!! WTF !! Are You Shitting Me

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
God

I'm such an ass.....bill

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 7 years ago
Another reading . . .

One of my favorites. Emotionally gripping. Regardless of how sorry she might have been all those years, and regardless of how hard she might of worked to make it up to him, cheating and then giving birth to another man's child (and never telling hubby about it) is unforgivable. She should have come clean immediately. Would have likely ended the marriage, but her keeping it a secret is what did them in. The one thing that didn't ring true in the story: her never saying she was sorry. Those words are so automatic with people, that it is hard to believe she never said them to hubby until he pointed it out. And, that was a shock to me, because I could have sworn she did. It sure felt like she did.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Whore

Cunt

Sloburn38Sloburn38almost 7 years ago
How could she live with herself

Their first child, she just had to make him raise another man's child? Surely she had to have had more respect and love for him than this.

She just had to have more children with a man who she respected so little that she would carelessly go and get pregnant with a bar pickup for their first?

She knew she was fertile and she loved him so little that she would do this dishonor to him, and then expect him to forgive and forget?

It's a sad, sad story, and he should definitely have DNA test done on all of his so called children, I seriously doubt any are his.

Jidoka, God I hope this is not a true story. You are a great writer, and this one made me think for a very long time, 5*

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
THAT IS WHATS WRONG WITH "MY STORY"

it is biasly slanted to one side, one opinion no closure, TK U MLJ LV NV

JackmoftenJackmoftenalmost 7 years ago
Along Way Through Hell

Along way to get through hell and finally get divorced. Yep, he did cause the final outcome. He should of just divorced her when he first found out. Forget counseling, rarely works.

JackmoftenJackmoftenover 6 years ago
What a Fool

He could of gone to marriage counseling. It would of helped him and the family. Instead he made the WHOLE family suffer for years, and maybe the rest of their lives. He should of either ended it with divore or forgiven her and gotten the family counseling they needed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Wordy

Your stories are good but way too wordy. A lot of those long arty, philosophical ramblings detract from moving the story forward.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Bad choices

To @wordy: Without all of those extra words, the story is one sentence long. She cheats long ago, he finds out, they don't reconcile but stay together for the kids. Sorry, was that too wordy?

To Jackmoften: You have sequential comments in which you first suggest and then decry counseling. Pick a side, cowboy.

About choices: Stacy chose poorly with ol' Bob. She chose not to confess even when she discovered that Jacob was not the father of her daughter. Once she did that, her menu of available choices shrunk to bad and worse (keep the secret or 'fess up). Jacob also had a menu of bad options: forgive, ignore or confront. Reconcile, divorce or co-exist.

This story was quite sad. However, the parents seem to have protected the kids, though who knows how much damage is done living in such a toxic household? Still, a great story. I would have liked to see Paulsen get his just desserts but you can't have everything, right? 5 stars. JPR

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
No Way Out

Really good story !

Even after being married for many good years and having a great loving and honest relationship before losing my wife to cancer, I feel there really was no way out for the wife in this situation.

Her trespass was so egregious that it was beyond even the most forgiving of husbands to overcome.

Her going back the second night, in and of itself was enough to rule out forgiveness from most husbands. Screwing a stranger bareback, then becoming pregnant was enough by itself.

If my wife had strayed and become pregnant our marriage would have been over no matter what explanations were offered.

To tell or not tell the hubby has very little to do with the outcome. "Ignorance is bliss" is true. This family was fine until he stumbled on the truth. If given the choice I would say keep me dumb and happy.

PapaMikePapaMikeover 6 years ago
What the hell

are fraternal grandparents? Father's parents are paternal grandparents, Mother's are maternal.

LoejtcLoejtcover 6 years ago
Reality can suck

To me the unanswered question is why the second night but never again? If the tryst was so overwhelmingly pleasurable that she had to experience again how could she remain faithful from that day forward?

The only logical answer I can think of is that she wanted to be the ultimate slut one time in her life. She wanted everything that happened including the risk of pregnancy.

But in the end she couldn’t admit it to herself and he couldn’t accept her utter debasement of herself. Jacob simply lost all respect for her.

As to his “resolution”, I have to respect his decision to shoulder his parental responsibilities regardless of the sacrifice of his own happiness. Those years spent helping his children grow to be normal productive adults will yield an abundance of comfort, pride and self satisfaction in the years to come. This I know.

266xxyz266xxyzover 6 years ago
2nd time thru

There is nothing to be endured that is worse than betrayal. Benedict Arnold..the poster boy of traitor, we're taught early on in school to revile him for his betrayal of our country. He slunk away to live in some style to England til he died. I have no idea how he felt...but that is the stuff of history and myth...a blanket condemnation of little though, a knee jerk reaction. But when it comes to people and it feels like a shiv thru the ribs and into the heart it truly is the agony Jidoka describes. It's like a mortal blow that freezes your body despite your intent, you fall against the wall and slide slowly down...over powering... death. But usually you don't exactly die you become a shade. Something necessary to your very essence is gone and eventually replaced by an artificial heart. Functional perhaps enough to live and breath but destroys your psyche and you are never really the same . In a way it's like finding out there is no Santa Claus. It is the way life works. Innocence is forever gone and trust can never truly be regained. At least that's the way it worked for me. Eventually the wound scabbed over and I got up and moved on but...I have never forgotten that lesson. I hold my heart close...I'll give you a little peek but I will never expose it again. Don't know if I've missed anything being that way. Apparently some perhaps many people are able to truly overcome it but I don't know if they are better people than me. I find the hardest thing for me to deal with is those people who are reasonable and fair minded, no hard feeling split everything down the middle fair and equitable et al. make me want to strangle them. Vengeance is mine sayith the lord (he did say that didn't he? I'm not well versed in those things). Yeah well payback is mine says me and never miss a chance to fuk with your enemy no matter how long ago or far away it was or they are. It hurts so good to hug that porcupine! But that's just me. You guys can do whatever you want. IDC.

Excellent writing Jidoka! 5 stars

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 6 years ago
People can be so Self-Destructive

True, there's the issue of Stacy going back to Paulson for a second night. True, there's the issue of his treasured daughter being someone else's biological child. But the transgression had to be 14 years before and there was no evidence that Stacy had repeated this behavior. We all go through life making one mistake after another and although most are not as egregious as this doesn't half a lifetime of love and loyalty count for something. If Jacob had sat down and gave some thought to what his life would have been like if he hadn't met Paulson at the bar maybe he would have come to another conclusion on how to behave. Stacy somehow let people know that she had betrayed Jacob and it's not clear why she did that. But she didn't cheat on him again. Given that Jacob did talk to Paulson and he did realize that his daughter wasn't his biologically, he couldn't just brush it all aside, but somehow people have to make accomodations in this world. The life he ended up with was far worse than if he had made the adjustment. A full lifetime of misery to avoid the forgiveness Stacy and he together deserved. A story of self punishment of the highest order. It was well put together so I gave it 5*, but I hated the outcome.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
What a bunch of cuck/wimp crap!!!

A man who fucks his wife after he detected that his child isnt his is only a brain sick pervert!! Why didnt he sue that asshole lover for child support? And then divorce the slut and goes on with a happy life! But that authors sick fantasy is about cuckold/wimp!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Excellent

Stacy fucked up. She did enjoy the sex, her lover was very experienced, it was dirty cheating sex. Marriage killing sex. She told her mother and bff, no shit, I'd expect that. The affair's ramifications were so bad, agsin, no wonder she never did it again . 'shame he couldn't get past it. He threw his life away. I think a stronger man would forgive and forget. Sad that he could not.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

That's exactly how i always imagine i would handle it too and it pisses me off and saddens me at the same time. Inevitible is not how i like to imagine my life when i could make choices to change it.

nestorb30nestorb30about 6 years ago

One of the saddest stories in literotica. Well written and gut wrenching. No happy ending for anyone. I would say too bad the character could not forgive and rebuild his marriage. But then the story would not have been nearly as good

EMiamiRiverRatEMiamiRiverRatabout 6 years ago
Extraordinary!

This story shows so much of a man's heart that it should be outlawed by the League of Men. Many kudos on such a remarkable tale. One can only hope it wasn't a true story.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchabout 6 years ago
Wow, now THAT is some world class expository writing

Don't know what happened to you since you quit posting, but I hope you are alive and OK

My wisdom about marriage just jumped up.a lot. I endured a very sad reading to acquire that wisdom.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherabout 6 years ago
Not a good story. No Good Guys, just Whores, Wimps, and Dickheads

I don't even know where to start. He should have bitchslapped the wife (repeatedly), the mom and the friend and then sent the Bastard Child to live with her lying grandmother. Another option is to burn or cut the whore wife's clit so she can never enjoy sex again. Whatever you do, you have to do something to reclaim your "Man Card" and punish her severely. Then kick her to the curb as damaged goods and get on with your life. Instead, he wimped out and made his whole life just as miserable if not worse than the cheating wife's.

If that is what the husband did, then he deserved to have been cucked that weekend and several more.

To be honest, if this was my story, I would either rewrite it or remove it. As is, I can only give you a two.

BoomerbillBoomerbillabout 6 years ago
Should have blown his brains out!

Yes, she screwed up big time. Yes, she deserved a figurative kick in the ass. But his is a case of cutting off a foot cuz of a broken toe. He was punishing himself as much as he was punishing her; misery really doesn’t love company. Hate stories like this even if they are as well written as this was. Redemption please!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

I fell asleep after the second page, what happened?

tangledweedtangledweedabout 6 years ago
There are some dark writers in the LW category

Even among them, Jidoka is one very dark motherfucker.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Your writing is great...

as your ability to connect and pexress your characters feelings.

However I think that in this story you didn't make the storyline works. Too many unexplained things, too many stupid decisions made by your characters.

Something in this story doesnt feel right. Maybe some other commenter smarter than me can figure it out. Good writing, but as I said, something feels not right.

ejsathomeejsathomeabout 6 years ago
Devastatingly . . .

. . . sad story. Very well written. My heart aches for them both. So sad . . . 5*

PowersworderPowersworderabout 6 years ago

A well written but very sad story. I wanted them to reconcile, but at the same time her betrayal was far too absolute for forgiveness. They should have divorced the moment he found out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
I can completely relate to the narrator

It wasn't the acts of adultery itself that were fatal for the marriage; what he could not forgive was that Stacy hid the truth about Jessica's parentage and allowed him to believe a lie for 13 years, and that, until Jacob pointed it out, she failed to express regret for what she did. She was never able to dispel her husband's conviction that she was not sorry for what she did, just sorry that she was found out.

tazz317tazz317almost 6 years ago
FOR WHAT DOES A MAN WHOSE LIFE BECAME UNRAVELED

from discovery of infidelity maintain an identity, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Blah, blah, blah - insight - blah, blah, blah

A lot of useless words. Meaningless words. I guess my question is why he didn't consider professional help? Secondary to that question is why he didn't file for a divorce earlier? The kids would have chosen him once they discovered the truth. This poor smuck is the King of the wimps. Shit or get off the pot. Too simple a solution? Life is like that. And being "mostly okay" isn't a state I'd wish on anyone. BAH!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
too bad

Too bad Robert Paulson wasn't allowed to talk about fight club. Maybe Jacob could have joined and kicked Robert's ass multiple times and just generally worked out his anger over Stacy's adultery. Oh well, take comfort in the fact that Robert got testicular cancer, and ended up dying while participating in Project Mayhem.

HikingThruHikingThrualmost 6 years ago
Why now?

He knew by blood type after just three months that the child was not his, and did nothing for ~13 years, until meeting the lover by total chance? That seems rather unrealistic. By saying nothing, he created the space that the lies filled. Seems much more likely he'd explode and divorce when he learns that his first child is not his, and he'd be only scrapping a young marriage and have no child support at that point.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 6 years ago

"In the end, it wasn't Stacy that killed our marriage. It was me."

Absolutely not! It was ALL her.

The husband shoulder's no blame for this clusterfuck, the wife destroyed their marriage when she kept her lover's baby.

Stacy had a weekend of crazy sex with another man, letting him do everything she'd previously denied her husband. She was dumb enough to get herself knocked up, then keeps the kid, knowing all along that there was a good chance the husband wasn't the father. The wife confirms it 3 months after the birth, then lies to the husband and makes him raise another man's bastard!

"If I had laid out a series of requirements that Stacy absolutely, without question, had to meet to save our marriage, she would have passed with flying colors."

Really? Why didn't he just ask her to return the favour...

"Okay, Stacey... the only way to make this right, is to do to you, what you did to me. We need to find a woman willing to have my baby, then I'll fuck her senseless until she's knocked up. I expect you to take care of my lover through her pregnancy, just as I looked after you while you were having Robert Poulson's bastard. After she has the baby, you'll need to adopt it with me, then raise it as your own..."

"Any objections?"

ScorpioJJScorpioJJalmost 6 years ago
Hiking Thru read it again

He didn't know, she did. She was the one who knew about blood types etc. He didn't know until he met that asshole.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 6 years ago
What A Waste

Here two people have a genuine love, and seem to have a uniquely good marriage. They have 4 kids that they both adore. They have a period of time they are arguing, she goes out gets drunk and has sex for a weekend with a stranger. The next fourteen years she never cheats on him again (he believes this). I mean if that sex with another man was so meaningful for her, wouldn't she have tried to repeat the experience again when he travelled out of town for days at a time?

So yes, I do agree that she had fucked up, but he destroyed the marriage. It is such a waste. He decided to stay for the children, but couldn't allow himself to move on with her. I get him being angry and having a hard time with the whole thing. But such a waste. He hurt both himself and Stacy. NEITHER one deserved that long term unhappiness. It could have as easily been he that fucked up on a weekend away when they were fighting. When it happens once in a 15 year marriage, it's something of opportunity and not necessarily something set out.

And her not telling him at the time looking back may have been a good thing for all involved if as he says he loves his daughter as much as he says he does. Would he have fallen as much in love with his daughter if he knew before she was born she was not biologically his? Would his daughter have grown up feeling so much love and in a stable loving family if Stacy had told him? Would him being younger at that time chosen to move on? After all only 1 child was his biologically, the other a product of cheating and the twins never born. Would two children been raised in a broken household, with the daughter having no father, the twins never knowing life. It's terrible to be lied to and I hold that the highest, but he should have found a way to step aside from himself and think through everything logically and what is important for himself, his children and life. But unfortunately emotions get in the way every day of logical thinking.

The whole thing with anal sex with the other guy first and doing more things with him, men put a big deal into that when it really shouldn't. I've been able to get women to do everything with me, because I have a dominant personality and "expect" to get everything out of the women I've dated. They have responded to that and their submissive side came out and they would literally do anything for me when they've told me they haven't with other men. Part of it was that the other man would ask, can I fuck you in the ass timidly. So it's the guy's approach, and maybe they don't elicit that kind of reaction from her. But whatever, that doesn't mean she doesn't love him or want him or that this Robert guy was anything meaningful to her. Most women these days marry when they're not a virgin, so does that mean that first fumbling fuck in high school somehow meant more to her than the man that's her husband of twenty years?

What a sad story, beautifully told. What a wasted opportunity to have a beautiful life and happiness!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Not a wimp?

I disagree,! something is wrong when your exempt from violence, sure does create monsters...….

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderheralmost 6 years ago
After reading this one a second time by mistake.....

I think even less of it than I did the first time.

She is the one to blame for the problems. Being that it happened so long ago and was a one time weekend shot and she was a good wife from that point on, I could almost see him forgiving her. But the whole, it's not your child thing was a killer.

Seriously ladies, if you fuck some dude that isn't your husband or boyfriend and like an idiot let him blow his wad in you and then shortly after you end up pregnant...... Get a Fucking Abortion. Hell, you should be doing the morning after pill no matter what, maybe even two of them to make sure. The thing is, you DON'T DESERVE to have that baby if there is any chance it could be someone else's other than your spouse's.

If you are too mentally weak to have an abortion but somehow were "strong enough" to allow the putz to blow his spunk in you, then you better simply run away after you start showing and then give the baby up for adoption. Once again, you DON'T DESERVE to have or keep that baby.

After reading this again, it sure seems like the author likes to read his own words and sentences. If he or she were speaking, you would say they like the sound of their own voice. There was so much senseless blabbering and useless information it reminds me of kids in 7th grade who needed to write a report or story and it had to contain a certain minimum amount of words to it.

This story was an even bigger waste of time reading it than the 1st time I did.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Thoughts

"A lifetime has passed since that weekend." - It wouldn't have been a lifetime if she hadn't kept it hidden for years! She lies by omission for YEARS, then HE'S the bad guy for wanting to "throw it all down the drain."

"You have to know how much I love you. You know that, right?" - Of course! The people I love ALWAYS cheat on me!

One night of bad decisions MAY be forgiven, IF confessed right away, but why a second night?

She only says she's sorry when she's prompted. That means shit! That's like when your parent tells you, "Say you're sorry," and you say it because you have to, not because you really are.

Was one event, so long ago, something that should have been so unforgivable? - It's not the one event, it's the "so long ago" part! It's the hiding, the telling OTHERS, but not him, etc., etc. Also, it WASN'T just one event! One event would have been the first time with the other guy. Then she went back for another time, then didn't confess, told others, had another man's baby. Why didn't she get an abortion? She had to know that it was at least POSSIBLE that it was the other guy's, if not definite.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
No Winners Here

She screwed up, no pun intended, big time. She cheated on him and had another man’s baby. And hid that from him. That’s practically unforgivable. Then, he found out. And for reasons I never understood, he decided to stay with her, continue the marriage despite the fact that he seemed to hate her. As the story unfolded he seemed to become more and more bitter and unstable. In fact, by the time the story ended I think I despised what he had become, and actually had some sympathy for her. It was an ugly story. Wish I hadn’t read it.

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
My-my...

How friggin’ realistic.

5-stars

CheshireladCheshireladover 5 years ago
Devious wife

Stacy not only cheated on her husband, she did without a condom and in the most fertile time of the month. Assuming she wasn't a total ignoramus, she knew it was the fertile time of the month, which makes it almost deliberate. What was she thinking? Easily the cruelest thing a wife can do to her husband.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Hard and True Enough

If you ever talk to people enough you will find out that they often do not do or feel what you think is reasonable. In fact they may not think so themselves, later on or even at the time. I've certainly had that feeling about myself dealing with some catastrophes in my life. This is part of reality. The stories on literotica, as many people have commented, stick too much too often to very simple and in the end rather tritely chosen paths. I think this story was exceptional in how it portrayed a very possible reality someone could experience (unfortunately), and passed over some well-worn possibilities. By the way, I think the people who said "why didn't he just divorce her" are idiotic. He gave very good reasons. They wouldn't work for everyone, but I have no problem imagining there are people who would think this way (including me, part of the way). I thought this was an exceptional effort.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
5 Stars.

You are arguably the best author on this sight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
In the end, it wasn't Stacy that killed our marriage. It was me.

Naw, it was all her

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Once again, BRAVO!

I am writing this in 2018, four years after you wrote this story. Sadly, you only wrote a few, and we would have welcomed SO many more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Exceptional

One of two stories on this sight that produced a strong emotion in me. Mostly an overall sadness. Worthy of a movie deal my friend. Write more, you have a gift.

TrollTureTrollTureover 5 years ago
Bleak

Very, very bleak.

A good story even though I didn't enjoy it.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 5 years ago
There is a lesson in this.

We can choose to be happy or we can choose to hold on to our anger and pain. I would never recommend staying with someone who will cheat again, but if you can see your partner trying to rebuild and you are living in pain, rebuilding together is your best chance. He was foolish and I understand him very well. Too well.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Sad story

He did Not destroy the marriage. Stacey did that with her slut weekend and then hiding the.paternity of the daughter. He just wasn't able to tolerate the lies and her lack of contrition. Sad, but very well written story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Relentless hogwash

One sentence plot, typical cliche and then drivel, BS "psychological" hogwash into lengthy driveling through 4 pages. This is a typical Jidoka. If you think this is good writing go ahead, waste your time. 1 star from me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

Fantastic story, ignore the coward anon who thinks otherwise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
In the end, it wasn't Stacy that killed our marriage. It was me.

No, the whore was mad he went to a party without her becuase she had to work and decided to punish him for daring to have fun without her control.

And like the husband asked, if she really regretted it immediately, why did she spend the whole next day fucking him?

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Relentless psychobbable

I don't know, some might consider this as a great story, I consider it as a relentless drivel. There is no plot to speak about, just relentless psychobabble about "feelings."

My advice to over-sensitive males as the guy in this story - do not get married, stay single and masturbate often.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Not For Me

I didn’t like this story much at all. Three fourths of it was nothing but angst and introspection. Two things, which if over-indulged in, generally lead to depression and self-pity. Which are two traits in people I despise. Sure, depression can be a “chemical imbalance”, or a hormone problem, but it CAN be treated and controlled. It’s people who, for whatever reason, decide not to get treatment that I have no use for. The lead character in this story was an idiot. By wallowing in his own misery and creating a miserable and unhealthy atmosphere in their home, there’s no telling how badly he damaged his own kids. The old adage “Misery Loves Company” is more than a cliche. If you live around it long enough it starts to wear on you. Soon it starts to grow on you. The idiot should have just gotten divorced, taken his lumps, and left. It would have been better for everyone involved.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Scary

Many years ago I read a novel in which the story occurred at Cape Cod, in the winter, during a storm. It was summer time when I read it, but the author did such a masterful job, that I was actually bundled up in a blanket while I was reading it. That is how this story, and this author affects me. I have to take a break between stories or I get despondent.

hectarehectareabout 5 years ago
Fact or fiction?

I'm wondering if this might not be a work of fiction? It doesn't follow any of the typical LW cliches or stereotypes, rather it seems the way an event like this would actually play out.

I think I understand Jacob's Inability to forgive. His frame of reference for his life was false; others knew it but he did not. I think it was an incredible act of cruelty to keep him unaware. The only possible way forward would have been to admit the affair immediately it happened and succeed or fail in the relationship right then. Probably not many have the courage to do that.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Sad effort ‘1’

So FUCKING many words - with a wee story hidden inside.

Just a dreadful, selfish, word-masturbatory mess that should never have been unleashed as a ‘this will be worth your time’ submission.

Just dreadful.

I may get take a look at other stuff you’ve written, but I’m skeptical about approaching any of them without being poised to flee.

What a selfish, presumptuous waste of time.

JMAS

greenman440greenman440about 5 years ago
Endless introspection

Lets be honest he'd have been better divorcing and finding real love again. To live as they did was just a waste of both their lives.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Disagee

I don't entirely agree with the statement of his about he destroyed his marriage. Yes he may have destroyed his happiness, by wallow in introspection and depression. But marriage isn't built that way. It takes a lot to keep a marriage working, and you need it from both parties. He obviously wasn't built to accept being a cuckold, nor a cheater. To be true to himself he had to separate himself from that affair, and that ultimately ended the marriage. To find his happiness he had to be true to himself.

DevlinCarnateDevlinCarnatealmost 5 years ago
If You Ever Come Back

and I hope that you do, I would love to see your turn at a reconciliation story. I think you've come close with a few story lines (In Her Eyes, maybe even this one), and lawdy, you have the skill to pull one off.

Your slice-of-life style has the feel of a worn leather chair, or a well-loved pair of denim. The appreciative reader can just slide into it and feel the characters and plot envelop them ans if it was made for us. As I noted in the "In Her Eyes" comments, you tend towards too much detail, especially in the background, but that's a minor flaw.

The haters here, who want fireworks, ninjas and Penthouse-Forum-virility in their BTB stories, are not your audience, pay them no mind. Your respect and love for the characters is evident, but the constant theme in the stories here is one of the sad resignation of a trip down Lonely St. in Dumpsville USA. Why not change something up?

I think the Homeric labors of picking up the pieces and eventual joy of reunification in your hands would be wonderful.

This story was typical from you: well crafted and thought out, and despite the theme and subject matter, a joy to read, if a little too long in some places (yeah, yeah I can't STFU about it...).

The way in which you write, there is a beauty in the ugliness of the tale. I'd love the chance to see you fling some ugliness in the beauty of the struggle and ascent of overcoming the ruination of a soured relationship.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I get it

I am a member of literotica but chose to post this as anon. I can relate very closely to the feelings he had I too was betrayed and never found out for a couple of years it was not an affair a one time thing but no matter the hurt and anger was still there. I too could not get past being betrayel and lies, some people can but I wasn't one that could. I too could not and truthfully would not accept it as a mistake.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

I reread this one again and it strongly reinforced my belief that he should have divorced her as soon as he found out. Staying together "for the kids" is always a terrible idea... children aren't stupid, they can tell when their parents don't love each other.

If he'd divorced the deceitful slut straight away, he would have been young enough to find another woman and start again. His children would have been better off seeing him in a happy, loving relationship, not the poisonous clusterfuck the marriage turned into. After a betrayal of that magnitude, there was no way he'd ever forgive her... or forget the years of lies.

Oh, and when a doctor does a prenatal checkup, they're able to very accurately measure the age of the baby and give a date of conception. When the doctor says, "Well, Stacey, it looks like the conception date was 3 months ago." And that coincided with her bareback fuckathon with Robert Paulton, where he pumped her ovulating womb full of as much cum as possible in 48 hours... it's probably a good idea to get that abortion and claim she miscarried.

Having a bastard is like a ticking time bomb that could blow up her marriage at any time... and did. Not to mention the extreme betrayal of making her poor husband raise her lover's bastard child. Stacey was a complete cunt and deserves no sympathy for the miserable life she ended up with. The tragic part is she ruined her husband's life too.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous