My Teddy Bear Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As the kids got bigger and started going to school, I began to think again about going back to work. The post-Covid jobs landscape was still pretty devastated, and a graduate from half a decade ago with no experience was something entirely unremarkable in the market. Having parental responsibilities made it even harder. What I was always able to do, though, was go back to helping out with the office-based admin work to support Ted's business that I had started in the few months between moving to Norfolk and Rowan's birth. By being able to take the burden of the administrative aspects away from him, I could speed up his turnover, allowing him to focus on his clients and doing more jobs overall. It resulted in a modest though appreciable improvement to his business income, that allowed for a more secure and comfortable life for all four of us. Being able to do it from home and fitting it around childcare made it work out pretty well.

We developed a small social circle, primarily among other young parents on the estate. Nobody ever twigged that we are brother and sister, thanks mainly to my diligent maintenance of the copper red hair that I'd originally assumed as a disguise. Life as a redhead was fun, and while it felt sad not to match my partner as closely as I had before, we both got enjoyment out of it. Of course, the kids were both as blonde as anything thanks to our proper Lannister genes, but that was easy enough to explain away.

So now, it's almost 2027. Life has bumbled along in its own small way. We have been pretty heedless of the world around us: Covid and Brexit and everything that followed them. It's a pretty idyllic life, out here in a beautiful little house, in stunning countryside, with my 'husband' and our little family. I'm nearly 29 and he's 27. We're still very young and have so much more life to enjoy together. I'm even thinking about Number Three: I've finally managed to blur out my revulsion at the second and third years of my babies' lives and now just remember the good parts and want to be pregnant again. But don't tell Teddy, as the second I voice the idea he will be desperate to see me swell with child once more.

Oh - and one last thing to tell you: we gradually and tentatively allowed Mum and Joanie back into our lives. That's a tale for another time, and not an easy one to tell, but it finally means that our children know their aunt and their grandmother, which can only be a happy thing.

Until next time,

Claire x

12