All Comments on 'My Uncle's Best Friend'

by UltimateSin

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
Ravey19Ravey19about 1 month ago

Another excellent bitter sweet story.

servant111servant111about 1 month ago

Thoroughly enjoyed this piece.

5 stars

HarleyRider1955HarleyRider1955about 1 month ago

A well told story. 5 stars. Thank you.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 month ago

One of the best on the site, I loved this story from beginning to end. It did hit a bit close to home for me. Our daughter and her family were recently hit head-on by a drunk driver. Getting that call near midnight and rushing to the hospital was a wake up call for me on several levels. 5.0*

Buster2UBuster2Uabout 1 month ago

10 Big Blazing Stars for a heartbreaking and heartwarming story combined. I never caught what happened to the first wife and child, I would guess a bad traffic accident. This is just another example of how quick a happy life can be extinguished. Very Good Story, Good writing, Great Effort. Thanks for a Great Warm Story suitable for the 'HallMark' channel. Thanks, Buster2U

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Interested, and planning to read more, but... As tragic as the first bit is, reading "the autopsy..." as if the autopsy had somehow been performed before the next of kin had even been notified that his wife was deceased... Sorry, but no lab or coroner (insert regional equivalent) on earth is that fast. It might've helped to put something like "my grief seemed bottomless, but it found new depths when I learned that Julia was pregnant when she died. In one fel swoop I'd lost my wife and a daughter, and my little girl had lost her mother and a sister."

Or not, just...the autopsy takes time, and usually isn't performed the exact same day as the death occured, at least in any jurisdiction I've been in. Looking forward to reading more!

shadrachtshadrachtabout 1 month ago

Wonderful romance. Very poignant with the loss. You did a great job of showing that a young widow/widower doesn't move on (successfully) quickly. And you gave him a wonderful partner that understood that his continued grief did not detract in any way from their happiness together. <3 5*

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 month ago

Well told story with a lot of emotions covering the spectrum. When Julia's parents were invited over to meet Wanda, it was a very heartwarming moment in the story for me. That said a lot about the bond he had with Julia and her family. It was never stated how Julia and his daughter died but it's not a game changer. Just wish I could give more than five stars.

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 month ago

A little too sad for me, he never got over his first wife and I just didn't feel near the same affection for Wanda.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

To Ravey19...you're right- Sweet and Sour- that's what this story is about- 5*

EegletechEegletechabout 1 month ago

I hate you for making me cry, absolutely beautiful. Heartwarming story

davp6255davp6255about 1 month ago

A truly wonderful story. i never knew a Cockroach could be that emotional. Love your work

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I appreciated it that they built a relationship first, then had sex. This parallels my own experience. I lost my wife in a single car accident. When I was ready, a woman and I spent a lot of time seeing if we were compatible. This was especially important as we were older. I had marital problems with my late wife, and my new love had escaped an abusive relationship with her children, and raised them as a single mother. We were fully committed to each other before we first became intimate.

AnonymousAnonymous30 days ago

Only loose end was telling what happened to wife and daughter. I can always tell if it’s a good romantic story because I find myself caressing my wife as I read it. A perfect example of two adults doing courtship right. 5 stars!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userUltimateSin@UltimateSin
Been over six months since I've updated this and thought I should let people know what I'm up to. Stories to come: Abyss. Single chapter. Incest. Apex. Multiple chapters. Multiple categories (starting in Incest). CURRENTLY WRITING AND MAIN FOCUS FOR NOW. Blind Date. Multip...

story TAGS