All Comments on 'My Wife Climbed Mountains'

by Ephesus14

Sort by:
  • 197 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I took some time to think about this story after reading some of the comments. I believe that there's something fundamentally wrong with people in the world today. How can anyone misconstrue Lori/Julie's actions as maturity? Years after her divorce and she's still a cum dump. Tony probably left because he didn't want to raise her bastard child. She's still drinking to excess, passing out in bars. She's a selfish murderer who killed a child because it stood in the way of her self-centered self indulgent lifestyle. And I can't see any way a mature adult couldn't see that fucking four other men behind gher husbands back wasn't inherently wrong on every level. There is no way in hell this ends in reconciliation. Not even friendship. Every time he looks at her he's going to see the photo of her being spitroasted and then with a mouthful of cum while on HIS honeymoon. Some idiotic commenter said she was worthy of forgiveness because she didn't humiliate him publicly. Once again, what's wrong with these people. Her fuck buddies knew, the sherpas knew, the fuck buddies had to have bragged to someone. The hell it wasn't public. God, what a stupid fucking thing to write.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilover 2 years ago

No

This is not really an Ephesus14 story. His stories generally contain good portrayals of the emotions caused by brutal infidelity. This one does not. OK, neither of the couple really loved each other, but that just makes the ending even more puzzling. Why would these two end up together? What do either of them get out of it? Why should we care?

The editing mistakes really take the reader out of the story. Randi, bad show.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Cuck. Your stories took a turn for the worst. Sad. Now you just remind me of HardDaysKnight.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sometimes it takes a major life event to jar a person into growing up like Lori or perhaps just time. Then again some people will never grow up - don't believe it? Just read the comments!

hugplxhugplxover 2 years ago

Classic love story, two people who have nothing in common, spend no time together, or even seemingly like each other getting married.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not your best interest usually really loom forward to your stories but this one didn't hit

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Okay, so they're back together now.

But, and be honest here, would you trust her?

If so ... well, enough said!

Meh. He's a dumbass to the end.

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

No expectations. The best way to start over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not one of your better ones

Are your old ones ever coming back on the site?

rnebularrnebularover 2 years ago

Okay story but Lorie became Julie several times. It's always annoying when keeping track of who is who when the names change. Other than that, not bad. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

> Odiouser: I was not surprised to learn it was word perfect

That should tell you that some of the new contributors are only commenting for clout from the more established author here. And it's always the same failure of a writer too.

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 2 years ago

3* you didn't mention wife's name until the end of page 1 and who is Julie? Did the MC have two wives? The car switching is annoying having driven a Ferrari and a Maserati, not the same! You need an editor!!!!!!

bruce22bruce22over 2 years ago

It was pleasant. Certainly not froth with emotion or erotism.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The man is an idiot to have anything to do with her.

26thNCuck26thNCuckover 2 years ago

1 Star

Trash.

-26thNC

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

A well told and interesting story, I didn't like the ending. But your story shows what a man will do for money!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

For those wondering about him working as a delivery driver with all his money, I think it was because with all of his money, all of his needs and wants were handled, the delivery job was just to keep busy.

\

Huedogg. I don't see this as a RAAC. He divorced her, got the house, the Jag and the money. When he took her back, he didn't marry her. He's got free, no obligation sex. If he wants he can bang some more women and she can't say a thing, in fact I think he should!

\

@Anonymous, just because you're anti-choice doesn't make abortion murder.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WACC… with a RAAC. Terrible.

Westman99Westman99over 2 years ago

I actually enjoyed the story. Probably as I have been a mountain walker but not climber most of my life. I agree with the name problem as others have mentioned ( I always keep names of characters in front of me when writing). Other than that I felt it was a well written piece of work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just another pathetic RAAC story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Well

The wife was a slut who only cared about herself. Growing up with a silver spoon will affect a person's world view.

When she was on the receiving side of her selfish behavior she did own up to it even if was brutal. She's willing to give up her life of privilege including not drive her precious Ferrari to be with her ex husband.

If she's willing to work for her ex and be a friend with benefits without a promise of remarriage, I don't see why the MC should not partake of a good lay. After all, what is a FWB relationship but sex without commitment? A lot of times exclusivity is not part of the bargain.

Full marks to E14 and his approach to a semi-reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wouldn’t be able to but maybe she was just a rich immature kid. It seems she learned her lesson and a real caring loving personality and even as rich as she is wasn’t above working and cleaning the restaurant. For me her being so slutty before and after the year of marriage getting gang bsnged by the four guys and girl was to much for me. I’ve know girls growing up who were perfect in every way except they fucked way to many guys . A shame because they are the perfect mate , even in bed . If you can get past there past great for you. Quickly one was dating a guy who just moved from another state , very nice guy. He overheard two friends talking about how hot she was and remembering how great of a fuck she was. How she took it up the ass like a champ. He started a big argument e we it’s her , dumped her and told her what he heard . She tried to say it was her past and none of his business. He said maybe but he didn’t want the perfect girl who fucked every guy around and be the laughing stock . She was destroyed and a few of us told her past actions can have consequences. Thinking it’s probably better to be with her , she just love to fuck but never was hung up on any guy. The girl with a few boyfriends that she fucked will remember it all and maybe alway crave a past cock or the way they tucked her

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 2 years ago

Julie? Lori? I got confused and just ignored the names you gave her. Overall, the story was enjoyable...It would have been better if her character was developed with some background. I also got the impression she settled for Jamie instead of being alone. Was this an epiphany or he was the only one left?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I find it difficult to believe she is trustworthy. Perhaps that's why they never married again. As always with stories I like I wish this was longer.

maninconnmaninconnover 2 years ago
I liked this story.

A poor little rich kid finally discovers what matters in life. Thanks for writing!

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars - the story was not that bad BUT none of the characters were very likeable, plus the lifestyle of the rich and useless just sucks. Better luck with your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1 star. I can't stand writers who make their protagonists fucking retards. Getting in bed with an actual certifiable slut? Did he even ask for a STD test? Fucking ridiculous

SikemSikemover 2 years ago

By reading the comments, I see that many do not like the ending. For me, the super hot rich girl chasing me, er, him, working for free doing the gross jobs, and he gets hot sex, a fun friend and has no commitment to worry about, is a fun, sexy fantasy.

Will she ever bang another guy without him knowing? Who cares? Use condoms, accept that neither has a duty to be exclusive and change the dynamics of the relationship. Unless he wants to start a family, I think this is an ideal scenario.

Regarding all the cuck comments, people worry too much about the C word. If something is being done to you without your consent, you have nothing to be ashamed of. Especially if you stop it by cutting that person out of your life.

RAAC and WACC lose their effectiveness when people use it for every scenario that is not BTB. At all costs? The guy did not lift a finger. Seriously, how can anyone interpret this story as RAAC. I had to look up WACC. I guess I missed the castration scene. Even using castration metaphorically, once he found out about it, he ended the cheating by divorcing the cheating spouse.

I guess we could have yet again another guy who gets his special forces buddies to kidnap and torture both cheating parties, because that is what special forces do in their spare time, and obviously they will not be caught by law enforcement because they have special forces super powers.

People complained about the writing quality? Eff them. Author did a great, but imperfect job. For free. For fun. You want a professionally edited story? Go to the bookstore and pay for it. I mean, it is fair game to point out errors as constructive criticism, but authors should be able to put in the effort that they want. Re-reading one's own story yet again in the search for mistakes is not a great time. It may be necessary, but it is an unpleasant task.

Even with the few mistakes I give it five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Ephesus has a way of throwing unexpected situations into plots and at the reader and this story is no exception. Up to about a year ago he had an interesting array of stories on Lit. They were all somehow deleted and his account was closed. I am grateful to see his return and only wish that his lost collection could be restored for the vast number of Lit subscribers to enjoy.

This story is worthy of five *****

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Julie or Lori? Ferrari or Maserati? And WTF is hedoing back with her? At all?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Creative and well done, there are a lot of names to keep track of but it was fairly easy. A read that caused me stress because I remarried my ex, it took a long time for us to see the love we really did have for each other. Yes it really does happen that way some times.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

3 stars still. This is the second read and I do not understand how any guy could be a dense as this poor sap. The very first mountain climbing expedition laid out how their future relationship was going to work and if he could not read the signs, he had to be mentally handicapped, or a single digit IQ. When your wife designates you to be the luggage valet, cooking, cleaning, chauffeur and package delivery guy all over the world - you have got to understand you are not a valued marriage partner. Granted as soon as he saw the cheating and total disrespect especially on his honeymoon, he dumped her ass and divorced her - which is why up to that point the story was a 5 star. BUT to have anything to do with her afterward - NO WAY - not believable at all, no matter how much she begged, pleaded or cried. ONCE&DONE - which is why it was down graded to a barely adequate 3 star.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

My second time around reading this love story. I like it. I enjoy it. I'll most likely read it gain and again. LP

RanDog025RanDog025about 2 years ago

Good story, really liked it. I'm a BTB type but a reconciliation story can be just what I need sometime. Thanks! 5 BIG FAT FLUFFY STARS!

OlFrog14xOlFrog14xabout 2 years ago

I learned the "Big Muddy" as the Missouri River. Roger Miller's "Big River" used the nickname "Muddy Water" for the Mississippi, and Pete Seeger never named his "Big Muddy" explicitly-- but I can't imagine even an Army general trying to wade either one.

dawg997dawg997about 2 years ago

Well written story, easy to read. I did despise Lori how she treated Jamie, but really, Jaime had so little in common other than liking sex, so the marriage was a mistake. But it turned out well for him in the end. I never read any of your old stuff, so reposting it would be great.

Keep them coming!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

ZEROZEROZEROZERO.... WORST STORY I EVER READ AT. STUPIDEST HERO EVER. SORRIEST SLUT EVER. MOST BRAIN DEAD WRITER EVER. LORI-JULIE, LORI-JULIE, LORI-JULIE, get with the program!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

i thought you were a smart man ,turns out you are not smart at all.she nothing but a nasty whore , and that make you a loser, wimp

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Second time through and deducted a point to make it a 4*. I just don't like the reconciliation that much. Feel like I'd rather see the MC move on from Lori/Julie and find actual love instead of the lust he seems to be experiencing.

Elias1Elias1over 1 year ago

Not a story I can like .... MC was married to a certifiable whore and he goes back .

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Has she changed ? Is she a better person now ? Why would he want to take the time to find out .

Sure , take her to bed if he's absolutely that desperate , but make no commitment .

Could he look in his shaving mirror and be proud of himself if he tried to make another go of it . I don't think so .

3 * .... horrible ex loving wife , weak willed former husband .

DK

xfac2021xfac2021over 1 year ago

Well written, characters were honest, none of the usual tropes, matured and figured themselves out. Nice job

Elias1Elias1over 1 year ago

Nope ... You don't get back with that ex wife ever!

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

2nd read and I'm still lost as to who was who and what in their significance to the story. You needed to illustrate via vein-diagram to group the players and characters of this story.

\

I'm not taking a side to this issue but she willingly aborted her child with the baby bump showing so it likely was beyond 20weeks. Trust was busted big time with the honeymoon joke pictures. He really needs to wait some serious time before giving her any trust and a ring but I also see her trapping him with pregnancy. She is first and foremost a spoiled princess. Trust but verify. Part 2 is setup to be a RAAC.

\

3.9****. hooyah to Cinderfella.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

No self respect. Clueless lost boy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This story could have as well been told by Lori, since she was the main character and the guy just her totally passive prop. At least there would have been some hot high mountain gangbang scenes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Lori or Julie depending on paragraph is incapable of love. She will cheat or leave at some point.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 1 year ago

great story CRAPY plot. The so called wife INTENTIONALLY married him to fool everyone to LAUGH at him while she fucked LOT of other men and women.

WHY would anyone let someone like that even in their restaurant... much less their bed ?

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 1 year ago

Just too much wrong with this one. No one in this story was really likeable and the plot was ugly by any measure. Multi-millionaire heiress chick marries short order cook, who shares none of her passions. That was the highlight, it went downhill from there without even a slalom pole for diversion!

TechumsahTechumsahabout 1 year ago

Full of humans making errors and young people not knowing what they really need or want. Reminds me of the good old days. The characters are flawed and real. Loved it.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 1 year ago

SPOILER ALERT: Well told story with a wildly unusual plot that deserves the 5* I gave it. This is the author's universe so, those things could happen. A woman born into extreme wealth could marry a blue collar guy. A blue collar guy could become a lackey and pet of this wife. He could be the porter at his honeymoon. The same guy could divorce her for being a cheating slut that was fucking multiple people before, during, and after the marriage. Then he could take her back after some great epiphany. Yeah, that COULD happen in some fictitious universe. Here on earth, I kinda doubt it happening.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 1 year ago

"We need to enjoy life while we're young and are able" - Except that he's not enjoying it.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 1 year ago

Can always count on this author for a good read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good honest storytelling.

🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good storym peaked my interest but fron now on use a better editor maybe this one can go to Harry, he needs one a lot more than you do.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed this story a lot. I just with the earlier stories by Ephesus14 hadn’t been lost. There were some real gems that are apparently gone forever.

XluckyleeXluckylee11 months ago

Great story 5 stars from Xluckylee

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

My fingers are crossed hoping for the best. Nice to see her change and finally become a more normal person. Thanks for sharing your story.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

He took his slut wife back. Hurrah! Great story!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Huh? That was surreal. She treated him like crap even besides the cheating. He was ticked but not heartbroken. He was glad to be out of a crappy marriage. The storm didn't really mean much but to get their antics in the public eye. First positive then negative. Liz and Jin were having a baby and the suddenly she is leaving with Tony? I guess Tony only wanted Lori's money which dried up after the scandal hit the media and her parents disowned her. But there were some real holes. Late she states she only ever screwed her friends on thr mountains. Umm no. He went to Argentina and the hotel and saw she had been sleeping with another man. He told her that later. Buy then forgotten about? Then thr admission rhat he was just a facade foe the public so she could keep doing what she wanted and thought the money for being a "kept" man was enough. She didn't give a rat's ass about him. The sign on Kilimanjaro was disgusting. She blamed him for leaking the photos to Kris but he had nothing to do with it, was John's phone anyways. And the MC never called her out on it. At least she was honest later that she didn't love him and he was a convenience that she paid for. Ok but then remotely why get back together? This reconciliation somehow happens magically between thr lines. Yes he is courteous yo her during and after Tony leaves. But she also disappears for months at a time. He gets warning signs of a widowmaker and she arrives to make him tow the "relaxation" edict from the doctor for a week. Ok they become friends with benefits. How could this possibly get to reconciliation. The last time everything was false. He was her glorified porter. She ran roughshod over him. The cheating was almost an afterthought except for being gangbanged above 14,000 feet, including on their honeymoon. But how did they reconnect. Except for her being except at Tony and almost having a bad car accident, besides some occasional sex, why would fhey reconcile. Ok wasn't really a RAAC because the first marriage was a sham. But seriously what did she do that made him want ot be with her a second time around? And vice versa. Which pages are those on? Was it all because near the end if his recovery week, he had unrestrained sex with Lori the slut, who had been holding back before in order to control him better during their first marriage? Again why woukd ahe want him? He is a nice guy? Didn't stop her from ripping his heart out. Meh.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very creative, interesting, spin. Me like.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Lori or Julie?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I am a one and done guy usually but some people are just like a moth to a flame. Pure poison. Two of my best friends were like that until we buried her. He still has not moved on fortunately her doesn't have much longer he has kidney disease and heart problems and the two are killing him. I will be without my childhood friend since age 8 and his twin sister and niece will be rolling in cash held in an estate to pay for his sister care in a set amount per month and given only to his niece upon her 10th wedding anniversary or her 55 birthday.

This story had me rethinking my one and done unfortunately for me I found out about my wife's late in our marriage 50 years after the fact . I still divorced her you will never know how screw up a Judge can get when faced with the dissolution of a 50 year marriage. I now live alone w with know contact with my family or grandchildren. She was forgiven I was not. My son and his wife cheated on her husband. But my middle daughter was cheaten on by her husband prior to her divorce.

tralan69ertralan69er8 months ago

@sbrooks103x

"We need to enjoy life while we're young and are able" - Except that he's not enjoying it. - Aren't you the clever one.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I thought she downgraded to a Lexus from a Maserati, but she's driving a Ferrari after being cut off from family money. So much for those hot-shot editors.

Smiffy69Smiffy697 months ago

How come she changes into Julie and back? And the Ferrari becomes a Maserati then a Ferrari again? Need a new editor!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well their first marriage was a ludicrous sham for "show". He got a lot of money out of it. Not sure why he went to work on a riverboat. But his choice. As a prior commenter 2 months ago said, there were quite a few inconsistencies and plot holes. She (and I assume all the rest of the group) think the MC leaked the pictures. How would he have of their Denali trip? Yes maybe overlap with earlier climbs. But it was clear it was John's wife. Tony is a piece of work. He obviously comes back because she is backmon the money again, forgiven by her parents. Guess it didn't last with Liz. And what was her crap about not doing it beyond the mountain climbs? Ok maybe not the gangbangs and dps but the extramarital sex was clearly happening in her hotel room when he hand delivered her gear. It seems like her nearly dying, being exposed to the public eye, cut off (for a while) by her parents, and getting pregnant and abandoned by Tony has had her mature quite a bit. But why would the MC want her beyond f$ck buddy status? Ok they start bring kinder to each other but somehow the reconciliation appears to take place off the page? Well he better insist on a prenuptial if he heads back to the altar.

enderlocke77enderlocke777 months ago

The burgers, fries and the rest of their beers got dumped.

Sorry that was disgusting, how many ppl was in there including the staff.

Busman19639Busman196397 months ago

This story borderlines on boring.

LoneandlevelLoneandlevel7 months ago

The abortion alone...

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x7 months ago

"Seeing him again after what he did to me made me realize how badly I must have hurt you." - She was so lacking in common decency that she didn't realize that before?

Buster2UBuster2U7 months ago

5 Big Blazing Stars for the effort my friend. Geeeezzzz I think we have a crowd on LW of a bunch of folks that just look for things to complain about. Never tried to write a story, but think they know all about it. Complain if you go left but complain if you right as well. LOL Just a bunch of complainers. I work with a woman that all she does is complain. Interesting tale.

Pinto931Pinto9317 months ago

Who’s Julie? And she drives a Ferrari not a Maserati.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well, there's 15 minutes of my life I'll never get back

Schwanze1Schwanze17 months ago

Read again. Long and winding road. Helluva tale.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Please keep writing or rewriting. It is rare to find someone who isn’t predetermined as how all their stories have to end. You don’t marry someone just because it is good PR for the family. A cake and eat it too life is not rare to want but it is to have. She learned that even high school for the rich must end. Think they both were ready the second chance. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You are really a talented writer, I've read nearly all your stories, and while not all of them were great, I can say, in my opinion, that they're all really good; well written, thought provoking and emotionally charged. I hope you continue writing.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So aside from a few mistakes, this was a really interesting story to me. I kind of like how two people who really had no business being together got together for their own reasons and then split because both really wanted something else. I'm personally not sure about them getting back together at the end but it was well written and nice so I liked it!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not happening!

Another stupid MC does not like her lifestyle etc but going to change her as likes the sex. Stupidity And idiocy combo.

Then did he send pictures to all the wives?!

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit6 months ago

Another totally dishonest writer pens a carefully-scripted tale of a woefully-devoted, full-blown outlandishly blatant raging rich nymphomaniac hedonista, and her exclusive debauched clique of immoral thrill-seekers making fast-and-loose with her mockery of fidelity to her wedding vows, ethics, honour, morality, integrity, humanity, decency, and pisses all over her husbands self-respect, humiliating him in EVERY way possible, and eventually even when exposed, as public as possible!

Only for him to come running, fully emasculated and gelded, and mentally fully-castrated, almost begging her to "chop-off his remaining half-a-bollock" - she might as well really, for all the good it's doing him!

But it is surely DISHONEST of the Author NOT to have flagged his fairy-tale as RAAAC as it Really is an account of full-blown- "Reconciliation- At- Absolutely- ANY- Cost" whatsoever, and I think RAAC authors are queuing-up, chomping-at-the-bit, to outdo each other, as to just how thin they can s t r e t c h out credulity before it implodes within the ring of it's own exit-strategy, and disappears dissolved in it's very own faecal matter?

IF you're proud of it, -ADMIT it!

IF not, -get OFF the fucking pot!

Angry Richard.

IrishLaddy59IrishLaddy596 months ago

Fascinating. It isn't surprising that many who marry and divorce very young and recommit in later years often have successful long term relationships whether they choose to cohabitate or remarry. Not all second chances wing up like Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

What now? You do realise that Kilimanjaro is an easy middle aged climb. So the idea that on a honeymoon some clowns would come along to do a simple hill walk is a massive red flag and utterly preposterous. It's a simple Google if you don't believe me. All guided and they even Sherpa your bags FFS.

All that aside, I've known some very good mountaineers, yes one is even world renowned, and they are a very funny breed of people with a focus and need for risk taking that basically excludes them from 'normal' relationships. If you go onto a relationship with a mountaineer you already know that you come second-best, that they will disappear for weeks at a time and when home they're just planning the next climb.

People that climb simple mountains like Kilimanjaro are mere tourists.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

The reasons for Taylor and Burton's love woes cannot be laid solely at the feet of either. But at least they both knew what they were getting into when they first married because they were both in the same industry and knew the pressures and separation that came with it.

This story, which btw just fizzles out at the end, has none of that, we have a tourist that likes to climb mountains and an amorphous lump of a person, with next to zero personality, that I suppose we could say is a 'nice guy' at a stretch.

He claims he didn't love her, but seriously what kind of person would actually fly with her luggage all that way if they didn't. I love my wife and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't. She was so rich that she could have just bought all the stuff new when she was in Santiago anyway, so that was a bit of a questionable move ... necessary only to move the story along.

She also name changed to Julie at one point and she also accused him of sending picture to Mikey which he didn't, and he didn't contradict her. Makes me wonder if the story was a cut and paste or an AI created one.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

"I was screwing him and the others long before we were married, and we never stopped." - Just because she was screwing them before they were married doesn't mean that screwing them AFTER they're married isn't cheating.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon5 months ago

So, was her name Julie or Lori? The rip-off storyline aside, you can't even keep the name straight.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I’m a little disturbed that commenters are more worried about mixing up what kind of car she drove than for the abortion.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I love Reconciliation stories...It seems to me that everyone goes through periods of temptations... Things just happen, especially among co-workers who work together 40 hours a week. co-workers working together often build closer bonds than they should. but can't be helped... which is why some marriages fail.

NoBullAlNoBullAl4 months ago

RAAC all the way!! He got the house, the car and cash what did he get from taking her back??

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'm glad that you recovered some of your tales guy - they are kind of like old friends! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I don't agree with the Anon who remarked about how "things just happen" among extended friends or co-workers. People who do that most often don't value their existing marriage that much, and put themselves in those situations so it does 'happen'. And among some of the truly wealthy and their children, it's almost considered an entitlement. But even such people can change, albeit relatively rare, and so I enjoyed this RAAC story although I usually don't. This wife/ex-wife was a truly entitled bitch who lived in her own bubble and the husband/exhusband was victimized by it. Yeah, he was a victim of a sort, albeit not a terribly sympathetic one. Neither one sounds as if they understood what their marriage entailed. But ultimately her negative life experiences once the truth came out ended up forcing a reconsideration: disowned by parents, pregnant by her longtime lover who left her, and abandoned as a social pariah. The resulting emotional price gave her a chance to reflect and reconsider, and she grew up. That she was unsure or clumsy in her reconnecting with the Ex says she had a lot of maturing to do, but perhaps the will to do the work. I was married to a scion of an old-wealth family (oil) who was a trust baby when we married (mid-20s), and she (and they- her family) treated me like shit, but I stuck with the marriage through two children until I found out she serially cheated with old prep school friends, not unlike this story. So we separated (but didn't divorce up front given her religion), her parents as trustees of her funds found out and put the kibosh on her for two years, and she had a rough time, then wanted to reconcile. Eventually we did when she demonstrated willingness to put in the work, and we are still married 22 years later. So, yeah, it really happens. Just why I put up with it all still puzzles me, but she really grew up finally, and showed it by helping raise the kids without that entitlement.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver21 days ago

Very good. Things happen. Something very bad things happen.

Sometimes people also grow up and sometimes people grow up at the right time.

Ain't Life Grand!!

5 stars!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userEphesus14@Ephesus14
Just recently returned to Lit. after my name and stories disappeared. Several readers have copies of my stories and I am working on getting them re-posted. I am a Retired Army Vet who enjoys writing, wine, theatre and travel; especially cruising. Some of the people I've met h...

SIMILAR Stories