My Wife Fired Me

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

John and I have taken up golf, and we're terrible, but we have a great time with the two other guys, Scott and Dan, who make up our foursome. The person who has the worst score for the day has to pay for the first round. That's usually me.

It's funny how life works. What had been one of the worst days of my life, turned out to be the best. Being fired by my wife forced me to finally pursue my dream and succeed at it. Not only that, but it created a much stronger marriage and family.

My father first told me this saying, but I've heard it many times since then. What we regret most in life is not what we try and fail at; it's the things that we never try at all.

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
216 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Shame he just took her back no questions asked.

Did the cunt sleep with him? Quite possibly.

Did the cunt betray her husband? Absolutely.

Did the cunt put someone else above her husband repeatedly? Without a doubt

So why take her back? It really makes no sense. Furthermore, you said this isn't raac but this is exactly what it is.

Has she done anything to make up for what she did?

Has she done something noteworthy to earn back his trust?

Has she gone to counselling to find out why she betrayed her husband?

5 star potential written into 1 star shitpile.

AnonymousAnonymous8 days ago

So so

Had to long a period for Todd not to be seducing at least a couple

And with all his seducing no one turned him in or just beat him up

????

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

This site is poison to aspiring writers. Look at the commenters calling this good writing. The entire arc depends on magical memory and emotion reset to work. And only 25% of the bottom of the pile readers will ever follow you through the magical memory and emotion reset.

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

A good tale. A bit rambling, but what the hey. Still worth four solid stars.

/

JPB NOT BOB

willyk1212willyk121218 days ago

how can he take jenny back she cheated plan and simple wimp

StruckwrongStruckwrong22 days ago

She told Hamet if he fell for Todds BS he deserved it. LOL she fell to the point of humilating her husband and sucking up to Todd not to mention dating him.

Calico75Calico7527 days ago

Enjoyable and well written. I don't generally like reconciliation stories, but this was ok. The wife did seem remorseful and did admit her mistakes (at least somewhat) .

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

More simp stories…. Pearly the writer has no self respect because any husband who would take back a wife who did what OPs wife did is nothing more than a doormat.

FaShUnPhOtOgFaShUnPhOtOgabout 1 month ago

I chuckled at this story. I was a radio dj in the Chattanooga, TN and Ellisville, MS markets from 1978 to 1982, so I was very familiar with radio station operations. In 2019, I also had the opportunity to buy an AM station in - wait for it - Zephyr Hills, FL. Because the numbers were severely down, I turned it down as a bad investment.

There is a lot of miscommunication between Chad and Jenny. Chad should have been lodging complaints with HR about Todd constantly going behind his back and changing Chad’s priorities. Had he done so, there would have been a record he could have pointed to when Jenny stated Todd’s priorities were better and the reason she decided to promote Todd over her husband. Also, by blindsiding and humiliating him as she did, Jenny showed a total disrespect for Chad. It’s possible that she was already having sex with Todd, or was leaning that way, though she says she only dated him once after the separation agreement had been filed and served. Jenny should have been expressing her concerns at home and given Chad the opportunity to address them BEFORE her cowardly act. Of course, Chad should have been discussing his frustrations with Todd in their discussions at home. Had he done so, Jenny would have already been aware of the situation, though the way she reacted when he first expressed his concerns, it’s likely those concerns would have fallen on deaf ears. That, and the inappropriate hug after she received her promotion, is why readers believe that Jenny and Todd were already in an inappropriate relationship.

Yes, I believe he should have served her with divorce immediately upon Jenny’s ultimatum. With no proof of infedility Chad would have filed for Irreconcilable Differences. He also should have filed a wrongful termination suit against the company, though I do not know if Georgia is a Right to Work state. Still, he should have filed. Perhaps it would have been an immediate wake up call for Jenny had Chad served her with divorce papers. (Yes, I’ve been in a similar situation. I did not file. Perhaps things would have turned out differently had I done so). The divorce lawsuit could have been rescinded had the couple reconciled.

Chad stuck to his guns, and rather than sulk like a petulant child, gave Jenny the finger and moved on to fulfill his dreams. Yes, he should have told Jenny before doing so but then, she would have screeched and yelled and berated him further so it’s understandable why he did not inform her until after he bought the station.

Jenny’s twisting his words and constantly saying that Chad was asking for a divorce demonstrates the differences between the way men and women communicate. It’s been my experience that even if you tell your wife explicitly what you are doing and why, she will hear what she wants to hear. That’s another reason why readers believe Jenny and Todd were already doing the horizontal mambo. She was definitely feeling guilty about something and was already considering divorce.

Todd was a snake in the grass and was doing everything he could to humiliate and backstab Chad. Todd’s ultimate goal was to take Chad’s wife in the ultimate betrayal. Another reason reader’s think Jenny had already allowed Todd between her legs. In real life, I’ve had clients who would have taken Todd out either through an accident that left him a paraplegic or worse. Two of my clients ended up in prison for murder for a similar situation.

Those that say Chad should not have taken Jenny back or left her to die in the hurricane are misguided. While Jenny admits to dating Todd once after her separation from Chad, she claimed it was on that date that she realized what a “class-A creep” Todd was and that he was only trying to get into her panties. There was no admission to an affair, emotional or physical. At the very least, Chad should have demanded marital counseling before taking Jenny back. It’s likely the issue of infidelity would have been resolved during counseling.

Chad also should have told his girls the reason for his anger at their mother. Though the hothead Tina would probably not have listened to his side of the story, the more level headed Tiffany might have. Had she, she would have understood her father had not abandoned the family and was not seeking a divorce. She most likely would have confronted her mother with the truth. She probably would have also explained things to Tina, who might’ve become her ally and together, they could have tried to talk sense into their mother.

What Jenny did was betrayal, even if she didn’t have sex with Todd. She allowed another man to influence her against her husband. That should have been addressed in marital counseling before Chad took her back. I’m all too aware of a wife’s betraying her husband by allowing outside influences to turn her against her husband. It’s why I finally succumbed to constantly being accused of cheating. I decided that if I was going to repeatedly be accused of doing something I wasn’t doing, and not being allowed to have intimate relations with my wife, I might as well make it real. And I did, often. The sex was better with each AP than it ever was with my ex. I may even have a daughter I’ve never met, though the nurse who was one of my APs denied the child was mine.

I agree with other commenters that the story was not one of infidelity, but rather the miscommunication that takes place in a marriage. It’s also about the extreme disrespect one spouse can show the other spouse when outside influences are allowed to come between the two. Did the ex finally realize it? No clue. She’s on husband number four, so I doubt it.

consulting91consulting91about 1 month ago

I really like this story. The author goes into so much detail you really lose yourself with the MC telling you the story.

I’m a little confused on why he would take her back so quickly when she went out with Todd and obviously had sex with him.

It bothered me that she gets treated the same way she treated her husband and then immediately runs to him to protect her. I think he should have waited to take her back and let her have a little retribution for her actions.

onecuriousreaderonecuriousreaderabout 1 month ago

they talk about the fragile male ego but honestly, im hard pressed to ignore that perhaps strong and independent is just a misnomer for the fragile female ego.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Jenny already went on a date with Todd and probably fucked him and the MC just takes that...

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Let Go CEO wife fires husband. What follows is the aftermath.in Loving Wives
An Unexpected Reaction To an unacceptable situation.in Loving Wives
You Can Go Home Again She destroyed his life. Can she build it back again?in Loving Wives
Abandoned Rage Abandoned and humiliated in the worst way.in Loving Wives
Trying to Reclaim My Marriage Pushed too far and taken advantage of no more.in Loving Wives
More Stories