All Comments on 'My Wife Fired Me'

by StoneyWebb

Sort by:
  • 215 Comments
J_Reader_ComicsJ_Reader_Comics5 months ago

One of those reconciliation stories that you hope the two come back together and are glad they did. Thank you for the time and effort.

Bronco56Bronco565 months ago

That was a great LW story. You did a fantastic job of keeping me interested in the story. I enjoyed it

5stars

TajfaTajfa5 months ago

I'm sure I've read this before. Still a good story if a bit long and filled with technical information that isn't really necessary. Instead of that information you could have put in more about their relationship and how they fared during their separation. 4 stars

Diecast1Diecast15 months ago

Great story, love it. AAAAAA++++++

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker5 months ago

Yeah, I agree. I'm sure I've read it before. a long time ago. But still not bad. Four and a half stars. The Bear likes a good happy ending. Thanks for reminding me.

The BEAR

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy5 months ago

This is a good version of the wife firing the husband! Qhm1, Bigguy33 and Matt Moreau wrote similar stories. MM is no longer on this site.

5

AardieAardie5 months ago

I didn’t notice any cheating in the story, unless it happened before he was fired. Maybe while they were separated, but that would no longer be cheating.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft5 months ago

A fun story. Although the many technical details of running a radio station are not all strictly necessary to advance the plot line, they did increase the authenticity of the story. Personally, I enjoyed reading those texhnical details, but then I’m a radio geek from way back, and remember well how important our tiny 100 watt AM station was to our little rural town back in my childhood. 5*

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith5 months ago

Well written, fun read. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

RePhilRePhil5 months ago

Boy did she ever screw him over. He deserves to be screwed over. He was so obviously her back up plan. She only came back when her world turned to shit. The two losers deserved each other, what a miserable and toxic friendship. It surely isn’t love by any standard. Top notch writing so good that it generates emotional responses. I enjoy most all your stories and like not liking the others. 5&FAV

statestreetstatestreet5 months ago

Hurricane Karen morphed into Hurricane Helen, which must have happened prior to Karen as hurricanes are named in alphabetical order. That is my big quibble about this story. ****

miket0422miket04225 months ago

Could have been a good story. Poor execution.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight5 months ago

This was interesting, to a point. You needed more dialogue and less dry information. It was a story about a radio station more than about a marriage. I don't think they dig wells any more. even in Zephyrhills, home of a very good bottled water company.

kelchakelcha5 months ago

Did she screw the V. P. while separated?

4*

Need to work on the emotions for these types of stories.

laptopwriterlaptopwriter5 months ago

I loved it. 5 stars.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit5 months ago

She treated him like crap, dated the weasel who had been sabotaging him and only came back when her career went boom? Come on…that’s just dumb.

demanderdemander5 months ago

I'm also interested to see if she slept with Todd. The story implies that she did not, and only went out with him once. But that's not clear, and our guy would have asked her right away. Then checked up on it. Because she was clearly snowed by Todd for some time. The only question is whether she was under a blanket of snow. D

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasm5 months ago

Loved it! I don't even care anymore whether she really had something going with Todd. I do miss an explanation about why she gave him that job. I just can't believe she really skipped her four-time rewarded husband, who was promised that job while effectively having already worked that job, because Todd didn't let her "wait in line".

But, in the end, I believed the reconciliation part. Well done.

mindmeld31mindmeld315 months ago

It would be hard to imagine Jenny didn't sleep with Todd as she definitely was in an "affair fog". How else to explain her decision making?

The reconciliation was simply too easy, considering.

ArdieffArdieff5 months ago

Jenny is an idiot through and through. Sad to see them reconcile. But nice story ;-)

nestorb30nestorb305 months ago

pretty dam good story

Thanks for writing

tonyneatotonyneato5 months ago

Excellent !!! 5 *****

JRandyJJRandyJ5 months ago

Good story. This one hit home. I was born in Lebanon TN. I now live about 10 miles north of there. I lived in Tampa FL for 25 years, and I was there for both of those hurricanes. My youngest daughter still lives in Tampa and her name is Jenny. Danger Will Robinson!

muncher354muncher3545 months ago

This is what people consider a good story. My God you must all be geriatrics here.

ibuguseribuguser5 months ago

This was a good story. A tad too long on the radio station technicality, but I suppose that was necessary.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc5 months ago

Few plot gaps and unanswered questions, but great writing as always! 4.7*

Busman19639Busman196395 months ago

This story begs for an alternative ending or two.

MasterKoteMasterKote5 months ago

I feel the wife was not contrite as she should have been but it flows with her character

mainer42mainer425 months ago

Well written and told. Good story No nitpicking from me

Bry1977Bry19775 months ago

This was a great story!

@muncher354 you obviously wouldn't know a good story if it jumped out and bit you in the ass. If you think you could do better by all means go ahead and try!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ5 months ago

When his daughter told him jenny went on a date with Todd, divorce papers should have been sent right away. He was way too quick to forgive her and take her back. She should have come crawling back and try to convince him she didn't sleep with Todd, why would he believe that? That was the only flaw in this story.

ZBSKRNZBSKRN5 months ago

Thought Jenny got off a bit too easy but it's not my story. Thanks for writing 5*

jflindersjflinders5 months ago

I agree @afanoffanlitwith. The reconciliation with the wife was far too easy. I thought the same about the reconciliation with the daughters.

This may not be full RAAC, but it is way too close to it for my taste.

BriteaseBritease5 months ago

old subject, new story, good story. Well done

MellowJoeMellowJoe5 months ago

It was never made clear exactly why she picked Todd over him for that job in the first place. That detail kinda got lost. Other than that, excellent story!

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice5 months ago

The writing was decent, but some of the details, especially in the wind-up at the end, were totally unnecessary. The big problem was the logic of the story. I am not a believer that married people love each other just b/c they are married, even for a long time. This couple was presented as not communicating well, and the wife in particular was portrayed as close to narcissistic and stubborn. The logic in why the husband would want to maintain a relationship w/ someone that pretty close to February-sucked him was lost on me. Yeah, the circumstances in the story are a pretty clear description of wife publicly humiliating husband and choosing another man over her husband. All that was missing was a description of an awesome night of sex. (Writer did not make clear one way or another if the wife was unfaithful before and/or after the promotion. She certainly was having an emotional affair as described in the writing). I did think the story flowed well and the writer has some good narrative talent. Between the innate talent of the writer against the illogical response of the husband I ended up at 3 stars.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

the tension around the time of the firing was intense. rest of the story was good but didn't have the highs that matched the lows, the reconciliation was too easy and truth of what happened back in Atlanta wasn't convincing or thorough. still a worthy and well written read. thanks.

Regguy69Regguy695 months ago

Well written as are all of your stories. This is a little similar to other radio stories you have written, but I enjoyed it. I think he needs to question his wife about how far things went with Todd the asshole.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This story has been done before. This is just slight rewrite.

PolpolpPolpolp5 months ago

What an useless story, all the radio work mumbo jumbo is uninterresting. You put so much more effort in all the radio work than in the characters relationship.

He just forgive her in one minute after so much disrespect, its a RAAC and you doesnt even sée it

JensensloverJensenslover5 months ago

This was at most a 1 page story, far too much unnecessary 'into the weeds' even when it wasn't called that by you.

bobareenobobareeno5 months ago

I enjoyed this. I learned a bit about radio station ownership, towers and the like. I had to chuckle, however, at the author’s decision to have the wife actually crawl back to her husband. 5 stars, StoneyWebb.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Whoa! Someone actually posted a loving wives story to Loving Wives! Imagine that. 5★ Just because I liked it.

OPrimeOPrime5 months ago

The MC's wife was a shit. Not sure he would have been better off without her. She made all the changes at his previous employment without a word to him. She just dumped on him. Shows no respect for her husband and only returns after getting fired from her job. Now she understood.

servant111servant1115 months ago

Thoroughly enjoyed your take on this meme. Very well written and definitely deserves…

5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well done and it was a nice variant on the "my wife fired me" story line; no cheating or bitter divorce that leveled the MC. And while the story got into the weeds at times, I thought it was interesting and lent some credibility to the story line. 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

There haven’t been that many stories where a wife fired her husband (the three mentioned in an earlier comment) and to my knowledge, none were based on the communications industry. This was a solid story worth a 5 star rating for a successful reconciliation and happy ending, while Todd and the owner in Atlanta burned themselves. I always wondered what would happen if a high level husband fired his wife since I have never seen that angle. However, I realized that there would be no story, as almost every wife would go nuclear in an instant and straight to divorce.

SexecutionerSexecutioner5 months ago

Not an RAAC? Really? Though I suppose one could balance this out with possibly a top three BTB that you wrote.

But still, very boiler plate...

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I gave it a 5 despite one error when Hurricane Karen was called Hurricane Helen. You will get nasty comments as the the sickos love to use anonymity to vent their venom. Don't let the bastards wear you down... they are the sickies. Keep on writing.. I will watch for you.

HighBrowHighBrow5 months ago

No sex, but riveting. Great work!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I am living in Florida," I admitted but before I could say anything else, Tiffany cut me off.

"So, it's true, you are divorcing Mom."

"Tiffany, I'm going to tell you the same thing I told Tina. This is none of your fucking business, so stay the hell out of it." Tiffany hung up on me.

So if this is the way the asshole treated his kids rather then taking time to explain his side of the story..I have absolutely no sympathy to this cartoon in case the kids decide to side with their mom. The mother has given the kids a certain version… as a parents version the kids need validation…the stupid father just confirmed that he is an ass. This will only make the kids firm up on the mom’s version. No clue how such an immature prick ever became a father?

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle5 months ago

I stopped reading during the second page.

His actions were completely uncalled for. He separated from his wife because he was passed over for promotion.

He says that he loves her with all his heart and then proceeded to separate from her. He says he didn’t but that’s a lie because he knew what she was going to do.

That’s a sick move and you know it which is why you had her cheating on him with Todd.

I didn’t even finish the story and I know all this.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle5 months ago

I was wrong and your story got worse.

Not only was there no affair, he treated his daughters like shit and demanded they stay out of his marriage! THEIR MARRIAGE AFFECTS THEM AS WELL AND THEY HSVE EVERY FUCKING REASON TO BE UPSET!

This was a bullshit story and we didn’t deserve to be shit on

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat5 months ago

Too much radio stuff in the story. Reconciliation was way too easy considering the amount of humiliation and disrespect from the wife and her likely infidelity with Todd was completely glossed over. 2*

KRD19254KRD192545 months ago

I liked all the techno stuff, but hay I'm a HAM and EET.

\

I did find his daughters talk, way to much and he did need a kick in his ego ass. The kids are part of the family too. And if he cannot temper himself with his kids then he is an ass that deserves no redemption. As he allowed his wife to rub too much off on the kids.

\

Old man Hemmet F'ed up, in asking the wrong person to come back and take over, as Jenny proved she could not judge people worth a shit. Her husband nor Todd. Not saying he would have taken the job since he now owned his own station so he had politics he just didn't recognized.

\

The prices for all the three stations were way too low; price out towers, electronics, buildings, and property and then add market potential and this story's numbers were a joke.

\

3.9**** Hooyah - this is not a LW, it is a non-erotic

Just_WordsJust_Words5 months ago

That was an unusually good story! 5*****! It had much more than the usual marriage issues and the author seemed to know the subject. The wife was clearly a very insecure person who could never admit she was wrong and pushed through her mistakes with bluster. Her own failure was her moment of revelation. I liked it. And, no, I don't think she went to bed with Todd, but not for lack of him trying.

sdc97230sdc972305 months ago

If he had stayed and worked under Todd, the eventual outcome when the truth about Tood was revealed would have ruined both their careers, hers because she chose him and his because he knew the truth about Todd but didn't take what he knew over her head. He really had no viable professional alternative except to leave the job.

Being passed over for promotion by his own wife would have undermined any other job he might have applied for in the same field and in the same area. So he had only two alternatives to what he did: find another job in his same field far enough away that it would have been a separation anyway, or stay, do a complete career change and start over again at his age in an unrelated field.

As in other stories in which a wife fires her husband, the husband has virtually no options that do not threaten their marriage.

njlaurennjlauren5 months ago

The story was okay. I can't blame the husband for his reaction. If the wife wasn't fucking Todd she certainly had the hots for him.

And quite honestly the HR department would be all over this, where it involved a married couple and rumors of her cheating w the guy she promoted they would be all over it. HR would also be well aware of Todd's problems at the old station, it would be in his HR file, no way would it not be.

And I suspect ppl in the production department would tell someone higher up what a fuckup Todd was. He also could have sued the company, with the circumstances it would have been a massive wrongful termination suit because of her hiring todd,employees would rat out her relationship with Todd.

That he would so easily forgive her is also problematic.She deliberately humiliated him and she had a lot of atoning to do.

The station dynamics were way off ( the cost) ,but otherwise was ok.

GamblnluckGamblnluck5 months ago

You got way too bogged down with the minutae of his business dealings buying the station in Florida. There was far too little discussion with his wife of 20 years.

Surely they talked about Todd early on. and of course they had to talk about how her big clients were put behind smaller clients i the line (if that was the case). You glossed over some of that but went into great detail about his setting up the station.

Then they got separated. I could understand his anger. When she said he needed to pay his half of the house expenses, he should have said, "If we get a divorce I won't, plus you will be be paying ME alimony because you make much more after YOU fired me."

A separation does not mean each party can go out and fuck who they want. Not if they hope to have a chance to get back together. This story needed to be slimmed down, not quite to basics because details do make the story. But this one had too many in the wrong place.

KoxokKoxok5 months ago

Not my favorite of your stories. He was an ass to his daughters, but they really didn’t give him a chance to give his side. He mentioned one daughter was just as bad as mom, so no surprise. I don’t agree with a previous comment that they have a right to know everything about what is going on with their parents’ marriage, but it doesn’t help them to get info by blasting him right away.

I don’t understand why he didn’t just start filing for divorce. She dismissed and disrespected him and only came back when her decisions but her in the ass like he warned her. Even if he wasn’t going for divorce, “I’m sorry, you were right” should not be all she has to do in order to get him back. Never mind she ADMITTED going on a date with Todd (at the very least). The daughters had mentioned he was at the house sometime earlier, so I have my doubts it was just 1 date.

xtc5xtc55 months ago

I liked a story tat I loved until this line. "Do you think you could forgive me for my stupidity?"

"Absolutely," I said. What she did to him and turning his daughters against him and it was all just forgotten. I don't mind them reconcealing, But that was just to simple and no real drama between the two. I gave it 4 stares. I wish they had a way to rate half stares as well as it would have been 4.5

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer5 months ago

Many thanks for an enjoyable read. I remember reading this a few years ago and could remember the gist of the story. But, for the life of me, I couldn't remember the ending. So I enjoyed the re-read. Thanks again. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

great story. read a few others that have same theme and this one is tops. and his father was correct. you come to regret what you didn't try more than you failures. thanks Stoney

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Stupid sissy wimp cuck doesn't even know the cheating skank slut is playing him like a fiddle. She fucked Todd until she was done with him and will now move on to the next stud she can find while hubby idiotically hums a happy tune. She's a smart whore who has found a complete fool. It's a perfect match.

PorterrhPorterrh5 months ago

An interesting and enticing start - and a really good concept, but then just fizzled …… 3 stars

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Not worth reading. A 5 page story that could have been written in three at most. And yes, it's certainly been done before, nothing new or original here.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Entitled bitch wife only comes back and apologizes after losing everything. He is a dumb simp for taking her back after signing the separation agreement that she filed and he signed with a written note there would be no reconciliation.

I get forgiving the daughters but taking back wife after everything that happened including putting it in writing that there would never be a reconciliation, ruined the story for me. When Jenny drove through hurricane Karen/Helen, if the first words he said to her were “are you here with our final divorce decree so you can marry Todd?”

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A reasonable story, spoiled by Jenny turning into Tiffany near the begining and the hurricane morphing into Hurricane Helen.

When you write please ensure you keep your caracters consistent.

3 Star

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

A fun story, told without any of the failings we usually see A bit rambling, but what the hey. Four solid stars for one of the better my wife fired me trope stories.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Thank you 5 STARS

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

From the story, why would a husband not ask the obvious question?

Did she sleep with todd, certainly could have.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Badly written wirhout any real emotive content. The estrangement and reconciliation between the MC and the daughters then afterwards the wife were done as a check list of 100 similar stories - sorry

silentsoundsilentsound5 months ago

Good story.

Thanks and I loved the peek into the radio industry.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

His wife was an alpha bitch. I'm glad she ate more than a slice of humble pie, she ate the entire humble bakery.

And she should volunteer fault even when it's not. She's been deriding her man for years before the big blow out. She's correct to not trust herself anymore. Her disrespect was enough a reason for divorce BEFORE the firing. She needed to do a lot more than apologize and kiss kiss. She needed to tackle what made her so combative from the jump. Her going on "a single date" with Todd doesn't help her case. It shows possible affair fog and trickle truth. I hope husband enjoyed his dating life and keeps her guessing what his success rate was. Because she is someone that needs to be constantly kept humble, otherwise alpha bitch.

TonyspencerTonyspencer5 months ago

Nice story, well written and an enjoyable read. 5*

FD45FD455 months ago

Let’s start from brass tacks: while this is a popular story intro, most start…abruptly. Wife wakes up one morning and loses all her social skills, logic and seemingly love for her husband.

/

Here, one can see the progression: abrupt marriage, trying to prove oneself in a competitive field, stuck with mandates and preferences from upstairs, and over appreciating the novel vs the proven. Like Prius Drivers.

/

And it wasn’t ‘you are fired’, it is ‘you lost a promotion.’ That she added ‘so suck it up, buttercup. It happens. Get to work’ makes her a ‘loving wife’.

/

If I had a major critique, it is that you made the MC, who internally had good, valid and reliable even nuanced reasons for his positions, was absolutely unable or unwilling to express them to his daughters and came across as a huge jerk. Why? We read to see two eloquent foes sparring, not a guy sticking his fingers in his ears and going LALALALA….Fuck Ewe! He almost read like a Cavugirl male.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Enjoyed it. But….

.

Her dumping him was too abrupt IF they were communicating as a couple prior to her promotion. So the story probably needed some exposition for why they weren’t REALLY much of a couple by then.

.

His just taking his stuff and leaving like he did also indicated that they were just not close anymore. And then they don’t communicate for a year. Nor does he talk with his young adult daughters. Again…the communication lines weren’t just down…they were destroyed.

.

You claimed in your intro that this was not a RAAC. Maybe. But it was a RWE — Reconciliation Without Explanation. So suddenly she see’s Todd for what he is? And after all this time hubby hasn’t moved on? Even if he hasn’t met someone else— how does he take this BITCH back so quickly and completely?

.

Still in all…well written and presented, and thanks for posting — it’s been a while for one of your stories!

.

4 ****

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

To The Bear — like you, I too seem to recall a very similar story about a guy who had a dream of his own radio station. But in that one, if I recall, wife dumped him and he took up with a new love. So not THIS story, but similar.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Very good . I’d have liked confirmation did she sleep with that guy . She admitted a date and said he only wanted in her panties but did she fuck him . Chad alway thought it but was always willing to work out his marriage. Just would’ve liked a firm yes or no

nixroxnixrox5 months ago

4 stars - I liked this story.

The only minor detractor was the amount of business information. It needed to be about 50% less, and the characters should have been expanded with a lot more detail.

Please keep writing and Merry Xmas

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Go munch muncher!

Excellent storyline exceptionally well written.

TK

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Nah, she was fucking Todd before and after she promoted him. How else could he get the info on her dealings. Too bad you put blinders on the MC just to get a fairy tale ending. It didn't have to be a BTB but it did need some retribution.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Well written and entertaining story. But, despite what the author wrote in the beginning. The story is a RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

I thought that you said that this wasn't a RAAC story?

rockdoctor63rockdoctor635 months ago

Nice story, more detail about the radio business than I needed. I would not have been so quick to take the wife back. She had no faith in her husband, listened to another man's opinion over her husband, and screwed her husband out of a job. If she said "Todd said you would do this" one more time I was going to be sick. Talk about lack of respect. Then she dated him, nope, don't think the reconciliation would have been so quick.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

If that wasn’t an RAAC story then I’ve never read one. The nasty bitch hired her boyfriend for a job that had been promised to her husband. Then she starts dating (fucking) the dude while husband is out of town. Later she says sorry my bad (only after getting fired herself) and the cuckold pussy just takes her back as if nothing had happened. This author should turn in his man card if he ever had one. One star garbage unfit for reading..

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

This site is filled with illiterate morons if they think this trash was a good story. Sounds like a bunch of fat ugly incels living in moms basement.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x5 months ago

Good idea explaining BTB and RAAC. You might want to add that RAAC does NOT mean Reconciliation. Yes, it is A reconciliation, but not all reconciliations are RAACs.

\

You apologize for the length, then include back story that has nothing to do with the issue athand.

\

"he prioritizes better than you do" - He does? He fucks up the priorities.

\

We know Todd's a fuck-up that Chad's had to bail out, how long will it be before he screws things up?

\

This is sounding similar to your "Christmas at WJTW - 1590 AM."

\

"I can see that your ego can't handle your wife being your boss." - What is this obsession wives have with their husbands' egos?

\

"Todd told me that you wouldn't be able to handle my promotion." - "Todd told me..." She may not be sleeping with Todd, but she seems to be listening to him a lot. Besides, it wasn't HER promotion that bothered him, but Todd's.

\

"But I expect half the expenses on the house each month." - She can expect it all she wants, that doesn't mean she'll get it. I don't know what the legal obligations are of a spouse who moves out, and if the divorce, he can simply give her the house as part of the divorce settlement.

\

"if she pitches a fit, I'll have to pass and take my old job at the ice cream shop." - Her mother gets her way by pitching a fit?

\

As far as his income, with his home as part of the station his housing expenses have to be much less.

\

"Do you think you could forgive me for my stupidity?" - This is dangerously close to a RAAC. It's easy to ask for forgiveness when your stupidity hits you upside the head, but if Todd and Hamett didn't betray her she never would have come around.

\

"we were the only station in our area helping the local people" -The ONLY one? Around here, any big weather event gets wall-to-wall coverage on pretty much every station.

\

@Tajfa, @LT56, you may both be thinking of Stoney's "Christmas at WJTW - 1590 AM."

\

@RePhil, I agree, that's why I consider this at least a near-RAAC if not a full one.

\

A better ending would have her NOT getting fired, Chad eventually buying Hamett out and firing her!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Good story, wrong category

RzcanuckRzcanuck5 months ago

I would call this a minor raac. Not my cup of tea. However it is well written and I liked the MC and enjoyed the story overall. 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The forgiveness was too sudden and too complete. She barely apologized and he was suddenly a kitten. She through him under for a snake then had the gall to date him also? Yeah have fun with the rest of your life lady.

Luckyguy1965Luckyguy19655 months ago

Great read and I agree there are many different endings to this story

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Lol, just yesterday watched a video on YT by some psych about how women can't/don't apologize. Seemed spot on with how my wife of 35 years behaves.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous