All Comments on 'My Wife's Best Friend'

by UltimateSin

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
wwaldripwwaldripabout 1 month ago

Great story, fathers can be great caregivers givers for their children also, they just have to step up. Excellent story and I really enjoyed reading it.

AardieAardieabout 1 month ago

I would have also kept the original letter so I would have a before and after of a delusional wife/ex-wife.

davp6255davp6255about 1 month ago

A well written and thought provoking tale of a love gone astray and the possibility of a renewal of sorts. Love your work

Dave

James_DuncanJames_Duncanabout 1 month ago

Nice story, in response to your notes, the entire western world's court systems seems to be in the grip of "feminists" who believe that children are better off with their mothers and that the men are worthless. I am a single parent to my child, however my and my ex's situation is highly unusual in that she's not capable of looking after herself, let alone a child.

The irony is that the data is in, the cold hard facts are out there and this does not mean that single mothers cannot to a good job. But that statistics show that the worst possible outcome indicator for children is being raised by a single mother, whilst the best is by both their biological parents in a happy marriage. Ironically single fathers provide a much better outcome indicator, that's comparable to married parents.

The courts know this information and chose to ignore it, which kind of proves that the childrens best interests are less important that supporting the feminist ideology.

However it does seem to be slowly, ever so slowly changing and that's a good thing.

CriosCriosabout 1 month ago

So many LW stories are devoid of emotion. This one definitely wasn't! Great read! Thanks for sharing!

HemmingswayHemmingswayabout 1 month ago

Good job on this one. Might have been better if the plot wasn't so predictable and linear.

beatman04beatman04about 1 month ago

MC missed out on a couple of great opportunities. First, at least in the US, child support from the non custodial parent is a given. Second, bringing the story to the tabloids could have resulted in the destruction of the reputations of the CEO, his wife, and the company. MC's wife paid very little for her heinous crimes. The ruination of her reputation would have greatly added to her well deserved misery.

servant111servant111about 1 month ago

One of your best... Immediately placed it in my Favorites...

5 stars

shadrachtshadrachtabout 1 month ago

While I'm glad that the Mc ended up happy, I'm still left a little wanting on this story vs your usual fare. I ended with a smile, but it was a sad smile. Better than the angry scowl I had for the first half, I guess. 4*

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63about 1 month ago

Great story. Erica has a screw loose. No man would ever agree to what she wanted. She kept talking about the benefits they would receive, but never really said what they where. The only benefit would be her getting screwed by another man. SMH

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I'm an Aussie dad who has divorced, with children involved. Family law got changed just before it happened to very clearly state that all things must start at 50/50. The application/interpretation by family courts has barely shifted though from mummy gets majority custody, and daddy gets one night a fortnight. There are reasons for this, associated with two government handouts per child, and the child support payments. That arrangement drops the non custodial parent's percentage of custody below 10%, which means the majority custodial parent gets a 100% share of all three payments. It snowballs though, because there are further handouts for low income parents from time to time to do with school fees, after school care, dental care, oops our budget surplus is too big, et al.

The best way to avoid it, is to not go to court. Make an agreement with your partner in writing. Unless it's completely unfair, the family court will rubber stamp it. Making it two nights a fortnight is enough to tip the non custodial parent above 10% custody and make the two government agencies do the math and split the two government payments/actually properly compare incomes and custody percentage on child support.

I ended up with two nights per week till the middle child turned nine, then we swapped majority custody. The only changes to the original agreement was she only wanted one night a week after we swapped, and then as the kids reached upper high school (16 years old), they no longer wanted to go to mum's due to the calibre of boyfriend she kept.

It really irks me, that despite the law change, and many studies showing that the outcome for children of divorce is better with the dad, courts still go with the mum. In my own case, mum was essentially stay at home on a pension, while I worked. When we swapped custody they all did better. Better at school (absenteeism, grades), better health in general(diet based medical problem with one), and all of them actually got a circle of friends. The amount of extra effort I had to put in to achieve it, amounted to switching from full time to part time hours, and being strict on the family diet for about a year.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Hold on, he let a prostitute have his kids for any length of time? Mother perhaps, but I think not. A whore and considering her rationale perhaps mentally challenged as well

Sailor59Sailor59about 1 month ago

As pointed out by James_Duncan earlier, "statistics show that the worst possible outcome indicator for children is being raised by a single mother, whilst the best is by both their biological parents in a happy marriage. Ironically single fathers provide a much better outcome indicator, that's comparable to married parents.". It's interesting data in that the father provides the stability, structure and discipline most single mothers can't. The rates for children from single mother homes of kids on drugs, going to jail and suicide are staggering.

AND who wants to take on a broken woman and someone else's kids to support, prospects aren't good for these girls.

DukeByFallDukeByFallabout 1 month ago

Probably more of a LW story, but very goo's overall. 5/5.

Bronco56Bronco56about 1 month ago

Great story all around. Very good read

5stars

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 month ago

A good story overall.

I have a niggling feeling that the concept of a marriage failing because the woman was arrogant and unseeing that her wanting an open marriage to fuck her boss would cause her husband to seek divorce has been used before, probably another author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Ravey19 missed the angle of the wife's 3 best friends giving the husband the heads up and full support

muskyboymuskyboyabout 1 month ago

This is another LW story where the cheating wife faced no consequences. Glad I don't live in Australia...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Omg, to the commenters who try to interpret statistics.. Please be aware of "survivor's bias" or whatever the fuck the phenomena is called. Google ww2 planes and bullet holes. It does not follow that single father children grow up "better" when the default is that mothers get main custody. Especially when that percentage is around 10. A more likely interpretation will be that those fathers who get main custody care more/enough for their children, in addition to overcoming the trash legal system. There's your heavy skew. All in all you will most likely get the same number for single mothers. And the only conclusion will be that single parenting in general worse.

DaliniDaliniabout 1 month ago

Whilst a good romance story, this would defo go in LW with high marks, 5*****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Good writing, I like most of your stories and usually look forward to seeing your stories posted, however the idea of the husband being so accommodating/forgiving to his whore of a wife seems ridiculous. The man being ever the angel in these stories gets a little over the top sometimes. You can forgive, but that doesn't mean you forget. Hell, he had to wait till she actually cheated before he was ready for divorce? There was hope of a RAAC after all the shit she laid out ti him and had done to him and the family? That just makes him look pathetic, there does't have to be a nuclear option, but it is funny how most of these stories show how the husband always takes the moral high ground and never has anything bad to really say or do to his cheating spouse. The whole idea of her becoming a whore for the company, throwing away her marriage and family for "work" and sex with someone else and him being ok with her being in their kids lives is ridiculous! She is not a good mother, abandons her kids and husband so she can get sexed up by her boss, travel the world, oh and likes her job? and he has the notion that she is good influence for the kids? Kids are not stupid and see everything... And in the end, everyone is happy and friends and everything turns out just great and they all lived happily ever after.

6King6Kingabout 1 month ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 1 month ago

I enjoyed reading the story and most of the ending. I thought Chris was kind of a pussy at times, like when he said he wouldn't have sex with Erica in case she became prego and then decided to give her one last hump just because he was horny and she was naked, SMH. At the end Chris let his cheating ex back into his life like she was just an old family friend, not the person that had abandoned him and the kids to go out fucking her boss and others. Agreeing to let Erica have visitation every other weekend was way overboard, how did he know she wouldn't be filling his little girls heads full of the crazy shit she thought was totally acceptable? Who thought that letting her keep them one night a week during school times was a good idea is crazy. Seems that would just lead to more confusing for the children being bundled back and forth like ping pong balls. Erica never got burned the way she should have for being such a whore. Sure she's sad that things turned out the way they did, but does anyone really think she's never going to do it again if the opportunity arises? I bet even her Shrink wouldn't be surprised if she did it again. Sorry I can only give the story gets four stars instead of five.

bobhardcastlebobhardcastleabout 1 month ago

Yet another excellent story that I wish I could give more than five stars for. It beggars the question of some stories that I give five stars for that are not as compelling as ones such as these. Solid story telling, compelling and (perhaps over idealized) compelling characters... And yes, I am a sucker for happy endings (even though most of mine don't exactly have happy ones). If a story leaves me crying for having such an loving and complete outcome as this, I want to give it ten stars for being quite the cut above. Thank you.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 1 month ago

LOL! Sometimes reading the comments to your story are as entertaining (almost) as the story itself. As always, I love your work and this one is no exception. There was a little of "GA's Linda" with the story development that I found annoying. Erica was initially presented as a loving wife and doting mother with stress. There's no way for me to make the leap of that person to the total disrespect she showed her family as the story progressed. Minor point, but the reaction of Erica's parents were never mentioned beyond him thinking of telling them her plans before she executed them. Other than that, despite all the commenters pontificating, the plot lines had a very real feel to them. 4.6*

oldebarristeroldebarristerabout 1 month ago

I identified with this story—my wife left me to move several hundred miles away and I kept custody of our two children, one disabled in a wheelchair. I never interfered with them calling her and when she visited would let her stay in my home. She even stood up for me when child protective services called her (totally unfounded bs report) and when asked about the woman (now my wife) I was seeing said she couldn’t have found someone better if she’d gone looking herself.

oldtwitoldtwitabout 1 month ago

A nice enough story, but for me a bit too sweet, it was just similar to a few other ones I have read.

juanviejojuanviejoabout 1 month ago

ANOTHER GOOD TALE...CINCO ESTRELLAS!

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeftabout 1 month ago

Lovely story. Great to have the wife’s friends do the right thing, rather than having her back. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

A longer story very worth reading.

I felt like crying for the family and friends injured by by a woman who lost her mind. The author presented a realistic picture of the result.

I wish to point out one area of disagreement -

"Now that we knew we were compatible in the bedroom as we were everywhere else,"

When two people unselfishly love each other that compatibility will always be there. People just get too wound up about sexual compatibility. Where there is true love and lasting commitment, there will always be great sex. Love means open communication with a desire to always make the partners life as special as it can be.

53 years of marriage. 50+ years counselling.

The Hoary Cleric

FlamethrowFlamethrow29 days ago

Having watched my son go through his divorce and the battles he had to fight to ensure he got fair parenting of the three grandchildren, I found this story very refreshing that a couple could deal with it in such a mature manner.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy28 days ago

You play, you pay!

5

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman24 days ago

another twisted brain woman. well written, just maybe a page or so too long.

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

It is so long and so boring, probably because it is well written and mostly believable.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

In any case, it's always the best NOT to divorce! When you see that in European countries one out of three marriages fails, nobody can tell me most of those could not have been saved.

But it is always easier to go with another rather than to talk to your partner and solve the issues. SAD.

StruckwrongStruckwrong17 days ago

It was good he divorced her or he would have been a cuckold raising his girls to be just like her.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Divorc was inevitable I believe when a woman sleeps with her boss she loses the respect of her co workers and superiors it will get about she earned her promotion on her back

AnonymousAnonymous7 days ago

I guess the writer doesn't know the pain of being disappointed by ur spouse... Being on talking terms really?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userUltimateSin@UltimateSin
Been over six months since I've updated this and thought I should let people know what I'm up to. Stories to come: Abyss. Single chapter. Incest. Apex. Multiple chapters. Multiple categories (starting in Incest). CURRENTLY WRITING AND MAIN FOCUS FOR NOW. Blind Date. Multip...

SIMILAR Stories

Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
790
I'm 51 
4.83
771
589
The Unicorn 
4.84
1.9k
622
Outback 
4.87
828
372
More Stories