All Comments on '"Myra's Little Book Shop"'

by carvohi

Sort by:
  • 178 Comments (Page 2)
penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
HE TALKS FUNNY (Second youngest Daughter's say)

In my opinion this is a Fantastic Story! I'm a Raac fan! Thanks for sharing this Fantastic Story with us! ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

Oh Oh Oh My wife and I celebrated Christmas with the Family we also told everyone the sex of the TWINS she's expecting "GIRLS" So now we will have 6 daughters 3 sets of Twins! My Wife is a Twin So am I!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
NICE.

ANOTHER ENGAGING WELL WRITTEN STORY, ONLY STARTED READING YOUR STUFF RECENTLY,I WILL GO THROUGH ALL OF THEM SOONISH, IM NEWISH TO THIS SITE (about 4 monthsish ) ,I PREFER THE STORIES THAT HAVE LESS CONCENTRATION ON DECRIPTIVE SEX (apart from the odd occasion when my wrist needs a little loosening up) , KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, JUST 5*****. Paul.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
A nice story.

One of covfefe's best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
CUCKOLD WIMPPPPPP

No revenge against Myra the WHORE. He should took the store away, but no he helped her get business and let have her dream. There was also no revenge against her lover. This has to be the biggest WIMPPPPP story I have read on this site . Too long and boring. Wasted my time reading this to long boring story hoping the BTB and revenge against through headmaster. I should of done as I do with other CUCKOLD stories and go to the last paragraph and find the bulls hit ending. Not even worth a 1 vote. The most boring disappointment I read on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Once bitten, twice shy.

What to say about these people. His first wife cheats, he loses it & runs off to marry second wife. She cheats, not once but on numerous occasions. He goes back to the first wife & rebuilds. Sadly there are kids involved.

Marriage is all about trust. If your partner cheats on you, either in word or deed, things can never be the same again. It's obviously on his mind otherwise why the pre-nup ? Why all the cameras ?

Sadly I dislike the characters for one reason or another, so don't really care. At least there are no sniveling sissies, PVC clad misandrists or whip wielding dommes.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 5 years ago
Unusual plot

It’s well conceived and written. I was surprised that he didn’t push Myra for full custody of Wayne... sine he was looking to reduce child support costs, it would have made sense. I was also surprised that he didn’t out Pendergast to his wife.

Curtis just finished explaining how Zoey was always planning ahead of him, then tells her ‘so you understand. I'm in charge. I'm calling all the shots.’ Yeah, famous last words!

etchiboyetchiboyover 5 years ago
So, he divorced Myra.

So how was he going to “get back” at her? I didn’t notice anything. But in fact he made sure her business thrived.

WTF ???

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Pure

Garbage.

ErotFanErotFanover 5 years ago
A thoroughly delightful read

You certainly have a way of molding characters. I couldn't help but chuckle over and over with Curt's internal machinations.

Poor guy. He certainly was unlucky in his picking susceptible women - BUT he _is_ resilient, if anything.

I haven't tackled any of your multi-parters yet. I prefer the shorter stories at this site. When I run across a particularly adept story teller I eventually stick around for all of their stories. I've about made the decision to do that here.

SkubabillSkubabillover 5 years ago
Good story

The ending was disappointing but the story was well written and imaginative. There wasn't enough closure with Myra, Prendergast or Brandon.

TajfaTajfaabout 5 years ago
Really?

I have no problem with the reconciliation as she genuinely seemed to love him and regretted the cheating. However, he surely had to get some sort of retribution against Myra? She had lied and cheated with little or no contrician. Also he should have told the headmasters wife. She had a right to know. I never understand these stories where the wife is caught and the husband slinks away.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
jesus fuck what a spineless loser

his whore of a wife "forgets" to take her iron pills which makes her "loopy" and allows her ex boyfreind to sexually assault her on several occasions culminating in her rape

A rape she never reports?

And he does jack shit to not a single person who fucked over his life?

Why dont you have him kill himself as he is so fucking useless?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Well....

A reconciliation story will have a lot of detractors, and almost all of the time it's justified. In this case, you did a remarkable job of character development with Zoey, which made it hard not to root for her. The humor was also well done. Easy 5

NicealloverNicealloveralmost 5 years ago
Good Story

It was well written and thought out. I enjoyed it. The story was full of interesting twists. One constructive criticism would be that it was sometimes too drawn out. There could have been more descriptive sex. The main character was never out of control. There could have been more sparring.

meucimeuciover 4 years ago
good writing

All in all a good story but a times a little long winded. I really think he did the right thing taking back the first wife as even though she made a huge mistake she did admit to it and suffered for it. I would have liked it better if his book would have been a hit so the second wife would have suffered for her affair. Also I have to say I would have had to pass one of those sex filled movies on to the headmasters wife maybe dropped it in her purse or better yet had a child hand it to her with a note on it please watch this it may answer some questions about your sudden move!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Gave it full marks, because it really is very good writing

Zoey was sufficiently penitent as well; at least enough to justify the outcome.

There were low points for me though.

The major one... Zoey's justification about the lead-up to Curtis' discovery with Brandon.

Brandon showing up whenever Curtis wasn't there?

I don't care who you are; anyone, including Zoey, would know what he was doing. Anyone would know his motives.

The fact that Curtis knew nothing of this other sliver of Zoey's life, outside of his and his wife's marriage, meant that she was entertaining SOME private deception, some intent, even if at the very minimum, a fantasy.

Even if it was in her subconscious.

Too much convenient rationalization felt hollow to me.

The other thing, carhovi even mentioned. The bookshop. That trumped everything, in Myra's mind. Myra is no Zoey. Zoey, at least, can be given a pass because her basic nature is not deception.

The same cannot be said for Myra. From that story arc, it's very easy to see that she is only concerned about her own advancement, hey own reputation, and her own desires.

She is one manipulative, lying, backstabbing bitch.

I don't actually believe the betrayal with pedogrASS was that important to her. It was only a means to an end. If she had been made aware of the contents of the email about the book printing, she would have dropped her loverboy in a heartbeat, in preference to the potential that the book contract would lift her profile into the stratosphere.

I know that Wayne complicates things, but Curtis really should find a way of not rewarding her betrayal.

Her standing, reputation, more important than anything. Left intact.

And pedogrASS skated more than he should have too.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good story

Well written, a good story. Kept my interest. Just a tad long.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Writer

You are a writer.

I hope you are doing more than writing stories for Literotica.

Kappa

management91399management91399about 4 years ago

I think what I found interesting in this one was you started in the middle (The 2nd marriage) but this was really about the first episode of cheating. Myra was inconsequential and to a certain point of satisfaction should have been hurt a bit more, she comes off like the Scorpion riding on the back of the frog. It's her nature to do this but throughout Curtis is in this hole dug from his own misunderstanding of his own pain. Had he just let himself live alone a bit he could have avoided this situation and gotten himself to a place closer to where he wanted to be. Instead Myra comes along and siphons off his energy into her ridiculous bookstore which will fold once the contracts dry up.

2nd in a row for your work, I like the way these spin out kind of like the way Ohio spins out his stories through the therapy sessions. Good stuff!

Artie88Artie88about 4 years ago
Written very well...

Engaging protagonist. I particularly liked his self-awareness, that he was at a complete loss how to really deal with his wives, and had trouble confronting himself as well.

Well structured story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
The protagonist in this story is a real loser!

He marries two different women at different times and they both turn out to be sluts! This guy should have become a monk!

ribnitinribnitinalmost 4 years ago

Good story. I had some trouble with jumps in chronology

MormonJackMormonJackover 3 years ago
Enjoyed the story

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Seriously...

The writer mentioned not skimming at the beginning, the only way to read the boring and droll sections of Greek names was to skim! Way too long and tedious to get to something that could have gone 3 or 4 pages instead of 7. Either way, he was a cuck and was going to marry back into being a cuck again. Writing was good(without the Greek names) but too much info.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

This one was a bit better. I liked his solution. He remarried the simple soul first wife. Although a manipulative bitch, she was not as calculating as Myra where no matter what the shop came first.

3/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent

Great story with well developed characters. I usually enjoy your writing an this was no exception. I am, however, still waiting for more Serena stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Terrific

Second time through. I hadn’t realized how good it is.

SarahwithloveSarahwithloveabout 3 years ago

I love this story. My husband went to Yale and believe me, there are many Prendergasts hanging around that place. He isn't one them thankfully. The strange thing, however, is contrary to popular opinion, I felt for Myra and I was secretly rooting for her. I don't know why. Once again, though, the husband doesn't confront the couple when caught! This seems like a common theme in all these stories and it frustrates me to no end. What is wrong with these guys?

bigurnbigurnabout 3 years ago

This guy was as sick, or more so than, the two cheating whores were... He even let the schoolboy slink off with his wife and life... Sad characters throughout the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Cuck goes back to his first cuckold master .

Pathetic

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Too long and I don’t really think it’s any good my cock stayed noodle no life here. Literotica is a site for at least sexual stimulation of some sorts. Sorry shit like this should be written on Amazon !

secretsalsecretsalalmost 3 years ago

Very well-written story about flawed people. Although it could use considerable fat trimming, especially considering he goes back to square one, in a way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What a wonderful story! Your captivating style had from tears to laughter and back again. The rollercoaster was quite adventurous! Keep up the great work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It was for me a story of not just flawed people but emotionally weak, needy and immature people. It felt like you went shopping for just such characters, picked the weakest, and then created a highly implausible story around them. Your writing was quite good, plot weak and character development non-existent.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I'd been raised to be a man, and a man took care of his people, all his people.

This right here is the real toxic masculinity. Lighting yourself on fire to warm other people isn't noble or heroic. Its foolish and idiotic. If we are to believe feminists that men and women are equal and equally capable, then women are just as capable of taking care of themselves as men are.

The protagonist is treating the woman in his life like they're children and that's probably why they keep cheating on him, cause they then decide to act like children

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

"Toxic masculinity" was mentioned in a comment below. Had to laugh pretty hard at that seeing as this is a erotic literature site. Politically correct I now proclaim the before mentioned commentator to be a raging, short haired and clearly unshaven beach wale...

RubyRedLipsRubyRedLipsalmost 3 years ago
Whut?

Am I crazy, or was Myra's ex-husband the only partially normal person in this whole story?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another chapter please. Like to see get in touch with Brandon.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I just hope society's foundations and future is not predicated on the actions and behaviors of these fools.

carvohicarvohialmost 3 years agoAuthor

To the anonymous commenter immediately above. As I look at America today I am afraid our country is in fact composed of fools.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well done. A pompous classicist who is still basically a good guy, a "Loving Wife" who fucked up, suffered a great deal and stayed the course. Of course they should reconcile; whether there are real people like this in such delicate balance is another question, but it's a good story.

jesemmojesemmoover 2 years ago
Decent Story

You have the ability to create and write a good story, but this story you ramble far too much. The content was good if you got to the point rather than write around the content of the story. Two women in your life the first one know that she made a mistake and wants you back. Wife two loves you, but needs somethin on the side. I suspect this is his mission in life picking on married women and ring out of the relationship and drop her and let her deal with his problem.

RedWRX2019RedWRX2019over 2 years ago

What an awful story about a self centered pompous ass. What on earth did Zoey see in this loser? Both women would be far better without ever having met him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story had soooooo much potential, and yet it just rambled and dragged on until it got overwhelmed and seemed to lose its overall context.

Yet some defining detail info was missing to maintain the story line.

Just a mostly sloppy story that doesn’t really reflect the truer talent of what and how you typically write.

This one didn’t do you or us readers justice. Sorry!

SW

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

the story is at best ok,but readable enough to see the final out come. What really bothers me is why would any body take a spouse/girlfriend back into a relationship once they have shown they are untrustworthy,yet you authors keep writing this into your stories. Guess I am a dinosaur, never happen in my world or to those known to me. Favorite authors excuses Alcohol,date rape drugs or absence of a spouse due to making a living simply are poor at best and not acceptable.Actually there are no valid excuses for a renewal of a relationship after infidelity on part of a spouse. JZK

ChopinesqueChopinesqueover 2 years ago

Engagingly written. *****. There were no points when I considered stopping reading it, ex. well, when he discovered Myra being unfaithful and just left. That was a turnoff at the moment, but essential for the protagonist's character and how the story was to unfold. He is after all an intellectual, not a special forces guy.

Brandon needed some attention too. And Zoey, was her affair actually consummated?

FantasyTrainFantasyTrainover 2 years ago

Big letdown aka wimped out.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Story went off on too many tangents. Curt made decisions like a toaster (with a 220 line) makes toast. You would think that after one bad marriage he would have investigate Myrna a bit. He sounds like a Pseudo intellectual dope. Not recommended. BTRH

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerabout 2 years ago

Brilliant story and so well written. One of the best that I have read on Literotica. I liked the ‘slow burn’ after the MC discovered Myra’s cheating. In most LW cheating stories the husband acts like a drama Queen and runs off to a motel from where he plots the demise of the cheating wife. In this story the MC reacted slowly to avoid collateral damage to his two families. I loved it. 5 stars and added to my favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ok 2 1/2 stars.

Agree too much everything as another comments

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! Absolutely brilliant.

arsenelupin66arsenelupin66almost 2 years ago

I'm not sure if this author is working out some deep seated personal issues or is just a pedantic asshole, but this was a painfully verbose, wandering unfocused expiation, not in any way interesting.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayalmost 2 years ago

A little choppy but still a fun read.

DrgwngDrgwngalmost 2 years ago

Just another in a long and distinguished series of wimpy , easily manipulated male Mc from this writer. This was entirely too many words, almost like an attempt at demonstrating high level learning, only to end the way all these endwith good ole hubby blamed by all, and him accepting infidelity as a willing loser. Blah....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I enjoy reading your stories however please skip the too much bragging. Tell the story with less side.

SatyrDickSatyrDickover 1 year ago

[15.09.22]

Anudder Winnah!

11/10!!!!!

PBD2022PBD2022over 1 year ago

MC is not behaving normally. When faced with life altering situation one must be stunned or react violently. In this story MC was cool as cucumber. Makes me wonder did he even want to get married. There was this trust issue. When MC got cheated on first marriage it would be normal to have trust issue on second marriage. No pre Nup no occassional crop up of suspicion just like a gullible person.

CindyTVCindyTVover 1 year ago

Great Story, and well told. Love the subtle humor and how the story flowed. 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Overly wordy way of justifying your support for a spineless cuck who lives to wallow in the literary morass acceptance of cheating by being angry so he can give in to lust to fuck his first wife

...and then be stupid enough to remarry her.

From the get go this story fell on its ass. In a real scenario a real man, with self respect would have: First be crushed. 2. Know he could not endure marriage with Myra. 3. Three confront the two. 4. Back up the AV evidence.5. See an attorney and leave ALL future communication to his attorney.

There is no way to fix this especially after finding our Myra is the town bike.

Also, really dumb to give him a sense of financial compassion to "help her" with toe store; LEAVING means a total disconnect except for the kid.

As for the headmaster? BURN him, and all in collusion, to the ground? Why? Because the Headmaster will go elsewhere and wreck other peoples lives. THAT makes the MC guilty of complence before the fact and makes him, by his cowardice, as morally corrupt as every onevelse.

Last, the wife gets a copy of the AV evidence.

Summary: Overly long, meaning, purposeful self deception, totally unrealistic scenario. A POOR READ.

On a truly positive note, you flesh out, initially, a really captivating opening...for the first 8 pages...

Suggestion. Look at that a structure the story that way. Your MC arouses nothing but disgust. I can't help but think that his behavioral mindset is a reflection of your own.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A wonderful story. I really enjoy your writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Loved it, as with your other work.

Bill

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Classic Betabux.

I expect the third strike will be coming down the pipe within a couple of years.

Chimo1961Chimo1961over 1 year ago

Would have been a 5 without the Greek history. Tell one story so we can focus.

miket0422miket0422over 1 year ago

there you were to rescue me, but you got it all wrong.".

What exactly did he get wrong?

Interesting twist that the story starts out about Myra cheating yet he gets back with Zoey.

Other than that I'm pretty disappointed.

Forget about not taking her meds and trusting Brandon too much. Forget about that Zoey has been celibate for more than two years. He says Brandon figured out his schedule because he's predictable. That's how Brandon knew when to show up when Zoey was home alone. That's a stretch. But, even if that part is true. How did Brandon know exactly when he was leaving for a month long trip to where he could be in their house and have Zoey in their bed within a couple hours of him leaving? He didn't figure that out by watching and observing. He was told that specific info and the person who told him was Zoey. Months of Brandon showing up when he's not home, spending alone time with Zoey, getting as far as giving her massages. She never once mentions that she has a single man spending that much time with her in their home?

That's a hell of a lot more than forgetting her meds and trusting him too much. There's no way the time he caught them was the first time.

I'm normally all for reconciliation but, in this case it really doesn't work.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

A great story maybe a little verbose but still well worth the read

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed this.

Simon_Masters

StubbyoneStubbyoneabout 1 year ago

Whew. Glad it finally came to an end. Waaay too many words. The ancient history and use of characters that 99% of the population know nothing about made the story pretty boring. I kept thinking it might get more interesting or have some action, sex, fights, confrontation, something. Alas, nothing of interest. You’ve had some really good stories. This wasn’t one of them. A 2. No 😊’s

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

A bit lengthy, but I really enjoyed the mythical filler: well done. 5.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

An overly long tale of a wishy washy idiot and the psychotic bitches he's attracted to. All-in-all, a rather pathetic attempt at a story.

kalash777kalash77710 months ago

I liked the story. Verbose? I don't think so - just right. Thank you and keep writing.

SyzyguySyzyguy10 months ago

I liked the first person perspective and the way that you let us see his (mildly) deluded and indecisive approach to the issues facing him. I think that his disappearing into the Classical parallels told me a lot about Curtis - the fact that they were seriously obscure was exactly right for him. It's a strange collection of protagonists but you make them believable. [Oh, and no way is Zoey manipulating him . . . :) ] Thank you for posting it.

Larch50Larch509 months ago

Liked the story, perhaps a little long.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I rather enjoyed the style of this piece. It felt somewhat stream of consciousness, but still rather organized. I appreciated the fact that the author continued to place doubts on the main character’s incomplete knowledge.

The only portion unexplored was his family’s turn. From all indications, his parents weren’t particularly helpful with either him or his children.

Overall, I liked the characterization of people in this story. I will admit a certain pity when physically and emotionally frail people are involved.

I don’t think I’ve read a lot of stories like this. Though not the best story I’ve ever read, it struck me very right. I’ve read a few by this author and I think I would put him in the top 15 of authors in this category. Don’t believe me? Read 1066 and tell me that this author doesn’t have some writing chops.

HighBrowHighBrow4 months ago

Your work is a cut above, Literotica royalty. But, this story went on so long, consistent and interesting but a slow slog. I liked it and finished it. If I were the MC, I would have demanded she tell me the truth before I would take her back. Love the characters.

LaucaubinLaucaubin2 months ago

I liked it quite a bit. Thank you. You gave me a good read. So, my gift to you are a bunch of ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.’s for you to use in your next story, please

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianabout 2 months ago

Very convoluted but also very interesting. Too bad his didn’t investigate his 2 wives until it was too late. A little long but I guess, under the circumstances, unavoidable. Keep up the good work. MtM

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Anemia is a bitch. Suffered from it for almost 10 months. Even something as simple as climbing a flight of stairs can knock you out. She was mentally out of it when Brandon got her upstairs and made his move. But she had no business with Brandon hanging around her so many times. She was too naive and poor understanding of people's darker sides, saw only their good sides. And by my own experiences, anemia hits you not only physically but also emotionally and mentally.

Zoey: "I admit it; Brandon had me that morning, but you came in. I suddenly realized what was going on, what was happening. I realized how wrong it was, and there you were to rescue me, but you got it all wrong."

===> She was disoriented and anemia made her weak both physically and mentally. For all his attitude, Zoey deserved a second chance. And for all his bluster, the MC was a big softie. 5 stars.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous