Myths and Legends - Amazons Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Nevertheless," she said. "You must be a great warrior among your people."

Jake scoffed. "Hardly. I test fly planes. I just didn't want to die."

"We have seen the large metal birds flying in the distance overhead," she replied. "You tame them? Command them?"

Jake laughed. "No. They're not animals. They're machines." When she looked confused, he said, "You came here on a ship, correct? Think of them like ships that can fly in the air."

"That is hard to imagine," she replied. "Nevertheless, after we performed the ritual, no new Grak'gull appeared. We assume that the ritual rendered them unable to procreate, which is fortunate for us. After the ritual, some hundred and twenty or so Amazons remained. Over the millennia, we killed them, and they killed us. Only the three of us remain. And now, thanks to you, only the lone female Grak'gull remains. With just the four of us, it might take another thousand years to track her down and eradicate their species once and for all."

"Four of us?" Jake asked.

"Yes," Tatiana replied matter of factly. "For whatever reason, you are here, and you can never leave."

"What do you mean I can never leave?" Jake asked, surprised.

"The barrier will not let you," she replied.

"What!?" Jake said, beginning to pant as he stood and backed away from the women. "But, I gotta get home! I gotta find the black box from the plane and get the test flight results to them for future use! I-I-I got a date tonight!"

"I do not know what a 'date' is, Jake, but I'm afraid you are stuck here with us for eternity," Tatiana replied. "I am sorry."

"I-I can just sail past it, right?" he asked. "I mean, I got here somehow. There must be a way to get back!"

"We tried, Jake," Lenore said. "We lost five sisters and two ships in the attempt. They just hit the barrier and fell apart in the water."

"Even your sisters?" Jake asked.

"We never saw what happened to their bodies, but they never returned," Tatiana said. "There was only their faint screams echoing across the water."

"Maybe they drowned?"

Tatiana shook her head. "Impossible. With our new abilities, it would have been an easy undertaking to swim the hippikon back to shore. No, somehow the barrier ended their lives."

"Hippikon?" Jake asked.

"Yes," Tatiana replied. When Jake still looked confused, she added, "The length of a Hippodrome?"

"That sounds familiar. A chariot race, right?"

"The arena where the race is held."

"So about half a mile."

"Approximately." She nodded.

"Maybe they made it through and weren't able to get back?" he asked, hopeful.

"A possibility, though unlikely," Tatiana replied.

"I have to try," Jake said. "I can't just give up. I have people, family, counting on me back home."

"We will not stop you if it truly is your wish, Jake," Tatiana replied. "But we will pray to Artemis to direct your soul when you perish."

"Because you will perish, Jake," Lenore said, looking at him with a worried expression. Tatiana looked at Lenore curiously but didn't comment.

They were all silent for a moment before Lenore asked, "How does it work?" handing the rifle back to Jake.

"Later," Tatiana said. "We must see what is keeping Sestia."