Nalcara's Shackles Ch. 11

Story Info
Jix returns and a mishap is had.
8.3k words
4.88
896
1

Part 11 of the 11 part series

Updated 02/18/2024
Created 02/05/2024
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
pbflyboy
pbflyboy
44 Followers

Then

"I will go." Uni said. "You and Brax stay here and guard."

"Not alone, you're not!" Althea countered. "It's too dangerous. Those scavengers are practically circling. They will be looking for a chance to pick us off one by one. Neither of you is going out alone."

"But if more than one of us leave, I think," Brax put in, "then they will attack here. And while perhaps any one of us could hold their own, or escape..." He lowered his voice. "It is not any one of us they are after."

Althea worked not to glance at her three youngest children. They were the true targets of whatever the gang of creatures were. Easy prey. "Then I will go." Althea stated. The two of you stay, guard the small ones. I will hunt as quickly as I can."

"We will still need a plan, Ma." Brax pressed. "A place to meet if they come here and... we have to go again." His face clenched as he spoke. He did not like having to 'go', but he could understand priorities, and their main priority right now was preserving what was left of their family. "I will do as you say, Ma. But..."

"I know." Althea said. "I know. You are not wrong. We are in a tough spot. But if we don't hunt, we will starve, and defending ourselves will mean nothing. And for now that's..."

There was a sharp rap on their 'door.' It was just a slab of bark barred in a frame of small rocks, but it was functional, and likely more secure than most of the dirt walls.

The three elder atomie all had their swords in hand in a flash. Althea directed her children with a glance and they took position on either side of the portal. She looked back at the kids, and had to bite back a sob, as Wunk, the next eldest after Brax, stood in front of his younger siblings with a twig. If loyalty were armor... "Who goes?" She shouted.

"Althy, it's Nal." Came the reply from the portal.

Her heart leapt for a moment upon hearing a friendly voice, before she remembered where she was. "Indeed. Then you can tell me... How old were you when you got your hair stuck in that tree sap."

"That wasn't me." Came the reply. "That was you, but I was eight."

Althea snorted. "But it was your fault." She gestured to Brax to unbar the door, but did not lower her sword, and taking her cue, neither did Uni. When the bark slid aside, it was, indeed Nalcara's face that looked back. She was not, however, alone. Althea's sword shifted target to the face over her shoulder. The green, wide-eyed, red headed face... "Jix!" In hindsight, dropping her weapon an rushing past Nalcara (who neatly sidestepped her) was a poor tactical move but it could not be helped. She wrapped her arms around her long missing daughter, unable to prevent the tears rolling down her face. "Jixia Bramblehome, where have you been?!"

"I'm suh-sorry Ma!" Jix sobbed in reply. "A demon hit me and I got knocked out, and Sarah carried me away, but the church people said it was her fault so they kept us and... I... I... thought you were dead!" Jix returned her mother's embrace.

"Will you please come inside?" Laughed Uni, wiping tears from her own eyes. She was struggling to be practical, amidst this rather joyous occasion. "We need to get the door closed."

Althea's own wit caught up with her. "Yes. Come inside. We've been having trouble with a group of... things, and have to be on our guard." She ushered Jix inside where the new arrival was immediately inundated by her youngest siblings, the smaller two of which climbed her like a tree.

"And Eldest! Who are these?" Jix cried in mock alarm. "This one looks like Tlipa, and this one could be Lim, But they're way too big!"

Brax finished wedging the door back into place before joining the mass embrace. "It's good to see you alive!" He nearly shouted. "Did I hear that right? You got punched by a demon?"

"Y-yeah." Jix sniffed, trying to keep in contact with everyone. "And when I woke up, I was in a cage. Sarah, my partner, picked me up and carried me away. Then some church arrested her because she smelled liked demons or something. They tortured us a little, but let us go after a while. Then we went to look at the forest and, well..."

"We know." said Uni, joining the pile. "Home is gone. But back up there. Partner? What exactly does that mean?" She had a slight smirk on her face.

"Probably just what you're thinking." replied Jix, her cheeks coloring. "But I guess were business partners too. I mean I don't do much. I talk sometimes, and Sarah says I'm 'Head of Security.' Like a Warden, except it's a human shop, not a forest."

There was silence for a moment. "You live in a human shop?" Uni asked. "With a human 'Partner'?"

"Uh, yeah..." said Jix. "Sarah built it with magic. And she left the floors hollow, and put atomie sized rooms there. So it's like a big lair!. My friend Terra, she works for us, calls it a fey mansion."

"It's huge!" Nalcara put in suddenly. She had been quietly conversing with Althea near the door and chose this moment, for what ever reason, to interject. "It's got real doors and some fancy human furniture! Even a bath tub! You should see it!"

There was another long silence, finally broken by their youngest sibling. Tlipa, who was hanging from her sister's shoulder, spoke with a childish lisp, asking, "Jits, can I see your mansin?"

"Well, it's..."Jix began. But as she spoke, she looked at the earthen cave around her, and noticed the rags her siblings were wearing. They were not doing well. "I..." She glanced back to her mother and Nalcara, the later of which, nodded emphatically. "Yes!" Jix finally replied. "Yes, you can!"

Now

By the time Jix entered the halls of Shimmering Ponds the following Moonday, word of her return had spread to most all of the Society. That did not, however make the occasion any less of a happy one, and most present were glad to vocalize how much she had been missed. She and Sarah made the rounds, attempting to catch up with all who wanted to and she recounted the high points of her journey several times. Most amusing ( to all but Jix) was her new title, which Sarah was more that happy to introduce her with.

"Lady Jixia Bramblehome?" Sini asked with a raised eyebrow. "Do I need to curtsey?"

"Please don't." Jix replied, somewhat exasperated. "Since the family technically lives in *my house, I am technically the head of the family now. It doesn't really mean anything, since there's no other atomie around, but it's tradition."

"How does the previous head of the family feel about that." Annise asked.

"Oh," said Jix with an eye roll, "Ma thinks it's hilarious."

"When they ran across Jossi, Jix immediately zipped forward to hover near her. "Hey Engineer Girl!"

"Hey Jix!" Jossi replied. "Good to see you!"

"Good to be seen." said Jix. "So Sarah tells me you two were fooling around without me..."

"Uh, y-yeah." Jossi stammered. "I mean, uh, I couldn't really do much, but, uh... I hope that's okay...."

"Nope." Jix said flatly. "I want a turn."

"A t-turn?" Jossi's cheeks went pink. "S-stuck to the wall?"

"Not a turn in your place. A turn in Sarah's." smirked Jix. "Speaking of which, she's got something for you I guess."

"She does?"

"I do." Sarah finally caught up to Jix, who was flying over the crowd as opposed to working through it. "I had an idea after our... encounter and have been working on it since." She produced a vial from somewhere and held it out to Jossi. "Be careful with this. A little will go a long way. It will last about two hours. I have a spell that will remove it early, but if I'm not around, you'll be stuck until it's done."

"Stuck?" Jossi's eyes widened and her voice dropped to a whisper. "So this is,,, sticky stuff?"

"Extremely, I think you'll find." smirked Sarah.

"Ah, and there she is." The voice that intruded was followed by a rapid sequence of ascending chords, exquisitely performed on what turned out to be a recently restored fiddle. "My compliments, Ms Wright!" called Katerna over a smattering of applause. "It's better than it was! Several loose fittings I've been meaning to take care of have taken care of themselves!" She gave a low bow as she strolled up. "I am in your debt."

"You are in nothing of the sort." replied Sarah. "I am pleased to be of assistance. But since you are here, I'd like you to meet some one. Jix, this is the bard I told you about, Katerna Starfall. Katerna, Lady--"

"Jix will do just fine." The fey huffed. She drifted forward to hover in front of the bard. "Nice to meet you. Sorry I missed your show."

"There will be another." Katerna replied. She extended an arm, followed by a pinky. which Jix shook like one would a hand. "Well met, Jix. I've been most anxious to make your acquaintance. Your reputation precedes you."

"Sarah says it follows me." Jix said. "'Spreads like waves in my wake' or something fancy like that."

"Yes, well," said Sarah, "her aunt tracked us across the continent. She said I was hit or miss, but everyone we met remembered Jix. She leaves an impression."

"A useful trait in my line of work." grinned Katerna. "And of course, I've heard some of your story. Did you find your family?"

"I did. Six of them made it to First World." said Jix. "We went, tracked them down, and brought them here. They live with me in the shop now. It's much safer."

"I'm sure!" Katerna's eye's widened. "First World! Sarah buried the lead on that point! You traveled the planes! I very much wish to hear that story!" She glanced over her shoulder. "But someone has plans for me this evening I'm told. Are you free tomorrow? We should have lunch at the Maiden. Perhaps your family would like to join us."

"They might. They've never eaten in a human restaurant." Jix grinned, adding "As for whether I'm 'free' tomorrow, we'll see. Moonday messes up plans some times."

"Oh, indeed."Katerna grinned back. "Guess I shouldn't count my chickens either."

Narani was the last stop on their circuit. "Welcome back." She grinned broadly. "Your partner did all right while you were gone. But she is visibly much better with you here."

" I wasn't worried." Jix's eyes shifted to Sarah with a half grin. "I wasn't *that worried. She says you were helpful while I was gone. Good company. Thank you."

"It was, of course, my pleasure." replied Narani. "I am happy to assist a friend."

"Still, I'm grateful." said Jix. "So I have something in return." She drifted down to sit on her partner's shoulder. "I'm going to tie her up for you."

"Ahem..." The mage jostled her companion.

"Yeah, and myself too I guess." Jix grinned with an eye roll.

"I see." said the cleric, raising her eyebrows. "Unnecessary of course, but I cant deny my curiosity at how the two of you 'interact'. My schedule is clear for the evening and I gratefully accept. I'll speak to Lara about using a room."

Sarah's cheeks colored. "Preferable, but we can stay in the dungeon if you wish."

"Oh no." smirked Narani, turning to find the Lady of the house. "Then I'd have to share..."

* * *

"Whatcha got there?"

Jossi started as she was spoken to. She was contemplating the vial she'd been given, rolling it back and forth in her fingers. She hadn't seen Jean stroll up to the dungeon corner she was standing in, lost in thought as she was. The tall maid seldom wore anything more than a battered collar on Moonday, and the halfling hanging from her shoulder was wearing even less. "Oh! Uh, n-nothing! H-how are you two doing?"

"You're not staring at it like it's nothing." Jekki pressed, ignoring the greeting. "What is it?"

"Just something Sarah gave me." Jossi replied lowering her tone. "To try out, I guess."

Jean's eyes lit up at the words but she managed to keep her voice low as well. "A new toy?" She glanced around making sure no one was listening in. "What does it do?"

"N-no, it's... well, I guess so." Jossi stammered. "She said it's, um, m-magical glue."

"Magic glue?" Jekki acrobatically craned herself out from Jean's shoulder to get a better look. She eyed the vial skeptically. "For making stuff?"

"Um..." Jossi hesitated for only a moment. The contents of the vial did have her somewhat excited, even if it embarrassed her a little. "No." she replied finally, a slight grin creeping on to her face. "I think it's meant for... people. Sarah said it's really sticky and will last about two hours."

"For sticking people to... things? And maybe other people?" Jekki had taken the cue and was whispering as well, though excitedly. "That might be fun! Are you going to try it?"

"Uh, wuh-well..." the engineer stammered, "I was going to try it out at home first. You know, to see how it works. It's consistency. How fast it sets. How strong it is..."

"Pfft, we could help with that." said Jekki. "Well, I'm not sure what con-sis-terency or whatever is, but Muscles here," The halfling poked Jean's shoulder, "can help with how strong it is. And besides," Her voice dropped even lower, "What good is a new toy if there's no one to play with?"

"I've never thought about glue before." put in Jean. "I suppose it would be like being chained up with no chains. Anyway, everything Sarah's made so far has been fun; even the thing that takes your arms and legs off."

"A-all right..." In truth, Jossi was a little taken aback. Her two associates had jumped on board with her admittedly odd predilection quickly, though in retrospect, Moonday was the perfect time and place for this. And Sarah, much more reserved, had indulged her rather quickly as well. "We sh-should find something heavy. Something we can pull on and not move." Her science brain was working now, thinking of tests she could run. "Then we can maybe glue a strap to it and..."

"Nope." countered Jekki. "You said it's for people. We're gluing *you to something. We'll pull on you and if we can't get you off, then, well," The halfling's eye's twinkled, "we'll get you off..."

Jossi giggled nervously as her mouth suddenly went very dry.

"What about this wall." said Jean, tapping the bricks next to them with a knuckle. "I've been attached to most of the anchors in the dungeon and never been able to pull any loose. If we can't break this glue, you won't be going anywhere."

"Well, um, that's..." said Jossi. This seemed to be getting away from her.

"Hurry up and get your clothes off." put in Jekki. " They'll be hard to get off once you're all sticky."

"All sticky?" questioned Jossi, who'd automatically started pulling her shirt over her head. "Wait! Wait. We'll start with a hand. To see how it feels. I want to make sure it doesn't itch or something before being stuck with it everywhere. And if it's 'all over' Jean isn't going to want to touch me to help me pull."

"Well, I mean that could be fun too..." said Jekki. "All right. Slow first. Finish getting naked anyway."

The engineer continued disrobing; there was no sense in being shy on Moonday. Perhaps half of the women she could see had already abandoned modesty. She held up the vial. The glass tube was slightly longer than her index finger, and twice again as big around. The liquid contained within was a pale translucent green in color and seemed very watery. On one end, there was an oversized cap which pulled free with a pop. Underneath was a rubbery stopper with a dropper-like opening and a large bulb near the base. It took Jossi only a moment to work out that pressing the bulb would dispense the liquid, presumably in a controlled fashion. "She's a bloody genius." The tinkerer muttered under her breath.

"You're pretty smart too." replied Jekki absentmindedly, also examining the vial. "What's the button for?"

"We're about to find out." Jossi waffled for a second about what to do, which hand to immobilize, finally deciding on her left; her dominant right hand might be better for operating the dispenser. With careful pressure, she drew a circle on the palm of her target hand. There was a slight tingle but no immediate discomfort. With a deep breath and the knowledge that she was possibly about to trap herself for several hours, she pressed her hand to the bricks.

"Well?" asked Jekki, cocking her head.

"Are you stuck?" questioned Jean.

Jossi gave her arm a pull, her hand not budging. She tugged on it again, and finally, setting the vial down on a near by table, she wrapped her free hand around her apparently trapped wrist before applying sustained pressure. "It certainly feels like it. I can't move it."

"Huh." Jean put in. She stepped over to her companion and reached over her shoulders, gripping the affected wrist with both hands. "Tell me if it starts to hurt." Being taller and quite a bit stronger than Jossi, she was careful to start slowly, pulling back lightly, but after a few moments with no complaints, she increased her efforts and soon had one foot braced on the wall, pulling nearly as hard as she was able. "I... don't think you're going anywhere." She huffed.

"I think you're right." agreed Jossi. "I did feel it stretch a little. My hand actually came off the wall, perhaps a centimeter, before you stopped, but that was about it. I kind of expected it to pull on my skin more when you really got into it, however... Jekki, be careful with that!"

While her larger companions were busy, the halfling had crept over to the vial, picking it up to examine. She jumped at Jossi's rebuke, in the process, solidly bumping the exposed bulb on the table, and consequentially spraying a shimmering greenish cloud into the air. The three women watched as a mist of what seemed to be a powerful adhesive settled not only on the surrounding area, but themselves as well. "Uh, whoops." Was all Jekki said.

* * *

Narani did her best to remain silent and still while Jix was casting what ever this spell was. Her knowledge of magic, beyond the healing spells she used, was limited at best and her companions were still being somewhat secretive about what it would do. Keeping her hands to herself was a minor distraction, as both Sarah and Jix had shed their clothing once the door was closed, but she was a professional and it was stressed that the fey needed to concentrate to finish the spell, lest she have to start over.

The cleric shifted her attention to Sarah. The Mage was nervous, her shoulders were visibly twitching, but she also seemed so much better than she had in previous weeks. She even gave a shy smile when she noticed Narani looking at her and did not immediately drop her eyes. After a moment she held up a hand with her fingers outstretched, closing them one by one in an obvious count down.

""Woo..." gasped Jix as the last digit closed. "There's my girl! I know it hasn't been as long for me, but I missed you!" The fey climbed to her feet before lifting off the bed.

"That spell, um, among... other things, gives her some empathy." said Sarah. "She can read my emotions. How am I feeling, Jix?"

"Nervous, excited, happy... Not bad things to feel when you're naked." said Jix. "Do you have the other thing ready?"

"Yes, I cast the spe-lumph!" Sarah's mouth seemed to quite suddenly cease working, her lips pressing together mid sentence, though she only looked slightly bothered.

"Then that's enough out of you." said Jix with a grin.

"What happened?" asked Narani. Neither of her companions looked surprised by the Mage's sudden silence so this must be part of the 'show'. Slowly, the cleric reached a finger toward Sarah's lips. She only flinched a little at it's approach. Upon contact, there was definitely something odd. The skin felt normal, but underneath, she could feel the lips trying and failing to separate.

"I sealed her mouth." said Jix. "Wizards are less scary when they can't talk. This is what else the spell does. I can close her mouth, and chain her hands, feet, and neck with magic. She says she's really 'over a barrel' when I have this spell on her. So aside from Terra, nobody else really knows about it. Well Aunt Nal does. And probably Ma. And I cast it on Uni that time..."

pbflyboy
pbflyboy
44 Followers