All Comments on 'Narcissus Smiled'

by JimBob44

Sort by:
  • 70 Comments
lujon2019lujon2019almost 2 years ago

I'm sorry but 5'3" and 185 is not slightly chucky is morbidly obese

6'3" and 185 is slightly chunky

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'm getting too weak to read these stories. I spent most of my time while reading it just worrying about Estelle.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

With an ex-wife like Pam, one would figure Sammy would be gun shy!

5

mordbrandmordbrandalmost 2 years ago

Sammy needs to keep his guard up, I hear people get stabbed at those types of auctions. 5★

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 2 years ago

Humorously entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Pam is a POS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I always love a JimBob44 story, slices of life. Thank you for sharing your imagination!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your stories are always entertaining. Thank you. *****

MwestohioMwestohioalmost 2 years ago

You must have quite the Mind map of all your characters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Excellent writing as always. Five big fat fucking stars. You have yourself a swell day!

Gram1Gram1almost 2 years ago

Thanks to my favorite writer for dropping some Literotica alms in my humble beggars bowl.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Always enjoy your stories and the interesting characters that inhabit them! Happy to see that Sammy finally met a women that appreciated him and who loved him for his self and not for what he could buy for her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The guy has a type. Unfortunately that type is short chubby overweight women who are a scourge on the earth.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 2 years ago

Yeah....5 feet 3 inches and 185 pounds is a fat tub of shit

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

Maybe the best counseling session I've ever read in a LW story. If you dislike so many things about him why do you want to stay married to him. Whether in real life or in LW stories this country needs more marriage counselors like her!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Two new JimBob44 stories in one day. A great start to the morning.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 2 years ago

Good read, I thought initially you were a pig for describing the fat little girl as she wobbled as she walked. As I realized you were into chubby and why, it made a big difference as I finished the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story, you have left us wondering about the girl. Hope you can write another with a happy ending for someone who deserves better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What you wrote was quite good. I personally feel you ended too quickly with too many questions to be answered. Maybe a 2nd part where he meets up with Estelle and her father one day. Yes, I worried about her as well. It's well known that auctions often "load" the bidders to drive prices up, making commissions higher.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Maybe Sammy could sell a house to Estelle's father, and they could reunite, and he become "uncle dad".

BehindbluisBehindbluisalmost 2 years ago

Thanks for the alternate look. Sometimes its something other than infidelity that ruins a marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved the story, five stars all the way!

Wish you'd adopt the metric system. It just makes sense, you know Susan's 5' 3'' would be 160 cm, 60 kg would be the ideal weight not 185 lbs. that is 85 kg which is morbidly obese, so simple, but then most of the US population is morbidly obese. When the US fought for independence from England, why did they keep the damn imperial system?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I like the way some characters are sketched out with just a few lines of dialogue. I always enjoy my trips to Myndee.

SDN1955SDN1955almost 2 years ago

Mordbrand…..good reference to and earlier JB44 story. 👍🏻

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadalmost 2 years ago

Amazing character story. Love how only you seem to be able to garner empathy for a divorce without any cheating. Happens all the time, yet non of the authors on this site go there. Great! 5 stars.

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 2 years ago

"Uh, yeah, it's been nice, but you got to go, know what I'm saying?"

Any story that tips a hat to the ladies man has got something going for it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

this was the most painful story I've ever had the displeasure to read.. please no more Pam. 2*

mattenwmattenwalmost 2 years ago

Somewhat exaggerated characters but amusing and told to the point. Very entertaining. I liked it! 5*!!!

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

I tried to get into it. I just couldn't.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 2 years ago

That worked well. Some people are so damned entitled that they eventually entitle themselves to nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

roofs

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 2 years ago

Deftly rendered characters. An enjoyable read. Thanks very much.

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodgeralmost 2 years ago

Another classic, stories from the hills and 'hollers' are favorites of mine.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I think I understand how people get addicted to soap operas … your community of interrelated stories make as if I know the town, the players, and the back stories of the characters … just awesome!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Original and entertaining. Thanks for the story.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sammy is a very cool dude. Honest and forthcoming is a good way to live your life.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

I only gave you 5 stars cause our MC is a good HVAC man, just kidding. I retired after 50 years in the trade. It was always challenging what with the changes in technology over the years. This story was written a bit differently but I found it enjoyable. The MC was a simple honest guy that brings to mind you really don't know a person till you live with them for awhile. Good story. I'm a terrible English student so you won't get in lit criticism from me. My gripe on some stories here on LIT is some of the sex scenes are pages long and way too much. Yours were definitely shorter and ok. I read for the story any more as I'm pushing 80. Keep up the good work.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

Good read. I did seem like we skimmed along the surface of a good story, but well written and funny as hell at times. 4*

steppinontoessteppinontoesalmost 2 years ago

Another great story about an honest man

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Anytime I see JimBob44 attached to a story, I have to read it. Obviously, you enjoy your craft.

Hiram325Hiram325almost 2 years ago

Another 5 star story from JB44.

hardworker5556hardworker5556almost 2 years ago

Love every story you've written! Don't stop writing!

69didnotcum69didnotcumalmost 2 years ago

Nice story dealing with life, well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dreary little tale that really begins nowhere and ends up... well, nowhere else. The writer warns everyone to expect errors in the text, but for goodness sake--a passing acquaintance with the rules of grammar and punctuation would sure aid in the communication process.

Bebop3Bebop3almost 2 years ago

I have to disagree with your assessment. It wasn't a sad tale, just a sad start. He ended up happy and with a good woman. Excellent story, sir.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

What started out as a good story went down hill with spelling and other things. Since when are roofs sepelled rooves. Is there a horse on top of the house?

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 2 years ago

You made Pam unredeemable, completely self absorbed, a total bitch and a fat cunt too boot while Sam was perfect.

I hate being manipulated and lied to.

I also hate that you wrote a story that gives Mr. Perfect every goddamn thing while giving the ex-wife the shaft in court which wouldn’t fucking happen.

This was a Disney story for guys and I outgrew Disney 30 years ago.

ForensicFossilForensicFossilalmost 2 years ago

Fine work

Very well done. You feel for Sammy, and even for Estelle. Pam is, I fear, a hopeless case.

I love me some Jim Bob44!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Fantastic story. Five stars. So true about divorce. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sammy was the typical nice guy and in this tale the nice guy finished first so suck it Joe Dimaggio .

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylovealmost 2 years ago

The thing that interests me is that there is no way that Pam. Luke have hidden her personality until she got married. I was once given a golden rule of relationship. Pay attention int he first three weeks of a relationship. We try to be “on our best behavior” when we start a new relationship, putting our best foot forward, so to speak. Even if people are trying their best to hide some aspect of themselves they may not be consciously aware of as “problematic,” You will glimpse the problematic and / or deranged aspects to their personality—if you are paying attention. People cannot hide things about themselves for that long. What did Sammy miss? He is an intelligent guy. He gets it with Desiree. No self-reflection from him at all about Pam? Sugar sweet becomes Crazed Narcissist only after marriage? I don’t think so. Oh, and that advice I got? 100% accurate…

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 2 years ago

You're one of a kind.........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Such a bitch, Sammys own fault

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well JimBob44 you’ve done it again , you’ve made me smile and chuckle with your story ! You’ve a great sense of humor and it comes off so well in your characters . I actually feel as though I know those characters somewhat ,it takes an extraordinary writer to get that kindred spirit from the characters they create , and you just achieve it well ! 5 from me

26thNC26thNCalmost 2 years ago

It only takes a couple of paragraphs to get into one of JimBob’s great stories, and then I don’t want them to end. I prefer the Louisiana characters, but Arkansas works just fine. Not many LW authors can create such interesting characters across all his stories.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 2 years ago

@ anonymous: The quote is widely attributed to Leo Durocher. He probably repeated it. But DiMaggio? No way. Hell, he never finished last at anything!

.

For you all who say she couldn't turn into a screaming narcissist at the drop of a hat? That's what narcissists, do! They as masterful had hiding who they are.

.

Great story from one of the best writers on this site!! 5++++++/5

BigDee44BigDee44almost 2 years ago

Regarding “… during a brutally cold winter day to repair Bobby's heat pump.” When it is brutally cold (below about 37-degrees anyway) a heat pump is not functional, therfore supplemental heat - electric or gas - is usual. So I don’t think there would be any work done on a heat pump in that situation. I enjoyed your story even though tough to swallow some of it..

DeVulcanDeVulcanalmost 2 years ago

Good story, good characters, could really appreciate Sonny's situation and be glad for the outcome.

enjayemenjayemover 1 year ago

Another gem. Love the use of language!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Susan's out of the blue call, instant love and marriage... so odd. Someone you only saw twice months (years?) ago, why would they do something like that? Sounds like the author was in a rush to me.

cabbage01132cabbage01132over 1 year ago

5* been busy, need to catch up on the latest jb44 stories, in my opinion the best writer on literotica.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyover 1 year ago

A sincere thank you for the ending - afterword on your stories where you break down where characters have been seen before! Secondly I really don’t care if a story is an exact fit for LW or not! My belief is that LW category is the harshest (critic) of writing and writers on this site! If an author wants to poke the bear and enter it then they have the right to do it!

As for the story all boxes checked for entertaining, good characters, storyline and dialogue. JimBob44 continues to be a terrific writer as usual! Always happy to see another story. As JimBob44 writes what chooses to write and I read what I choose to read. Actually the truth is I would read more stories if I had the time but I do have to be selective and always go first with my favorites (authors) like JimBob44. Thank you for your writing and sharing it on this site.

Please do keeping writing and I will keep reading!

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

Just the right touch of 'snark' to make a quick little tale of an out-of-control wife who loses everything a good read... and a '5' !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Like this, different angle.

Simon_Masters

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Silly and fun. A great respite from all too many other stories here.

TailakaTailakaabout 1 year ago

Always like your stories. Reread them when I stumble back on them. I hope you continue to write as I really do enjoy your characters!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I.like the symmetry of your stories/writing.. They flow balanced and you tell a great story.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Always love me some JimBob, yeah

Regarding the obesity comments: the body mass index is flawed, doesn't take into account body type and other factors. Probably over half of NFL players would be considered morbidly obese based on BMI. Even a young Serena Williams would be.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJimBob44@JimBob44
All stories published on Literotica under the name JimBob44 are the sole property of the author. Permission is NOT granted to anyone to publish these works elsewhere.