All Comments on 'Nashville Skyline'

by Frankenstein1962

Sort by:
  • 49 Comments
des911des9116 months ago

Good story. Enjoyed it very much. Thank you

Baldy74Baldy746 months ago

What a brilliant story. Loved it and the characters. You brought a great sense of humour to the tale.

I hope their dream cottage comes true.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sorry. I couldn't get past a 'cabinet maker who owns a yacht'. You live in a dream world.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well that was a fun ride! Great story!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer6 months ago

Crazy enough to be different. Even with the wacky "supernatural" addition. Cheers.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I'm sure that this is most likely a great story but I'm tired of reading stories where drinking alcohol is a huge part of it. Or a large part of the story takes place in a bar/pub. These stories are boring as hell.

Try writing a story that doesn't include alcohol, or for that matter tobacco and drugs, at all. How about coffee, tea, water, soda, lemonade or ANYTHING else other than alcoholic beverages. And yes, I do NOT drink whatsoever. Not even at MY bachelor party. 2*

shadrachtshadracht6 months ago

So very lovely. Enjoyable, and warm, and happy. Except for the one lawyer dude. But the reader? Happy. Very well done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

5! Excellent piece of writing.

JusteenKJusteenK6 months ago

I think the cheated upon intendeds might warrant a story. They had very little say here. Thanks for a well written story but I thought it was morally bankrupt in many ways.

6King6King6 months ago

⭐⭐ 1/2 - Parts like the older brother not being able to stop his younger brothers fuckfest with bridezilla because he couldn't bear to see what they were doing is just plain fuckin' stupid. Shorten it down to a couple sentences and it's ok. Several paragraphs of backfill about it and it sets a shitty tone and spoils it for me. It did spiral down steadily after that anyhow. Sorry.

Paiger123Paiger1236 months ago

So good and so funny! The dialogue was great.

ArdieffArdieff6 months ago

Great story. Sweet and entertaining. Young love and lust ;-)

Ravey19Ravey196 months ago

Cannot fault it . A bit annoyed with Drew's action initially but once I knew the reasoning it seemed so obvious. Just pleased it worked out for them all.

PrfsrPrfsr6 months ago

Five stars even with all the little writing errors!

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNo6 months ago

Loved it. And don't blame Drew a bit except for what seems to me to have been entirely against his nature, waiting so long to break free from his controlling fiance and the lifetime of bondage and servitude she had planned for him. But if he hadn't, the Brooks boys probably never would have met the Hadley girls. Although with Joe and Mackenna both seperately having the same dream of the lakeside cabin and Ben and Sarah, their future son and daughter who as of this story were yet to be conceived, I guess that was foreordained anyway, so Drew and and Hannah would still have met through them, only under the far worse circumstances of having to divorce their respective ill-chosen spouses. So even though waiting until the last days before marital sentencing to break free, I guess Drew's fate was played out as as it was supposed to be: in Frankenstein1962's universe, which makes for a far more interesting tale. Solid 5.

Hiram325Hiram3256 months ago

A new story from you is always a treat, this one does not disappoint. 5 stars of course.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Great story.

South is always up. Check out any atlas of the solar system.

muskyboymuskyboy6 months ago

Very nice romance! Had to kinda hold my breathe thru the shared dreams stuff but still a solid 5/5 from me. Thanks for this story!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

An interesting tale. The author is descent, but doesn’t drive me to extasy.

afosi2604afosi26046 months ago

This was one of the best short stories I have ever read. Truly felt like I was experiencing everything through Joe Jr.

Well done!!!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Was a struggle for me to get through this one. Not a lot to like about characters we spent most of the beginning to the story hearing about. The added "twist" at the end honestly just felt weird and awkward and for me killed the real romance feel to their relationship.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

After consideration I am going to suggest this as a "Must Read" or a "Don't Miss" story.

This was a difficult story for me to rate. had to consider so many things.

I was bothered by the morality or lack of morality. I was bothered by the tremendous amount of alcohol consumed.

1) On the other hand I has to grant that the story seemed much to true to the lifestyle of too may people.

2) I gave the author a point for reality.

3) I gave the author a point for a 'well thought out and put into practice' plot.

4) Another point was the characters. They were clearly presented. They stayed true to who they were throughout.

5) I felt the author made a very good point: marriage built on one partner controlling the other, or built on the selfishness of one partner to give themselves totally in love to the other partner is doomed to unhappiness and probably dissolution.

6) While the proof reading was imperfect, the story was so strongly written, that the book editor in me basically ignored the authors.

I keep a list of my favourites (now about 250) and I will add this to the list. It will have the 2nd highest rating. Only a few have ever received the top rating.

Thank you Frankenstein1962 for a pleasant bit of entertainment after a long hard day.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Loved this, I live in Nashville and grew up in Milwaukee…. A few things, a Brewers fan would have mentioned while they were at the Sounds game that they are Milwaukee’s AAA team. Second the whole dream thing down to the kid’s names was kind of over top… beyond that great….

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc6 months ago

Fantastic story, especially for a romance tale. Not sure it would happen real life, but maybe it would. In fact, I know it would since it happened to my roommate out of college. They've been married for 38+ years and going strong. Me? I met a "local" girl myself but didn't knock her up right away. It was 51 weeks from first date to the wedding. For all the "kids" nowadays that think you need to know/live together before taking the plunge, I say bullshit. If you're that unsure, then they likely aren't "the one". 5.0*

DontPanic442DontPanic4426 months ago

Another great story. Thanks again.

dgfergiedgfergie6 months ago

What a great love story. Being 80 most of the erotic (sex scenes) are way to long and too graphic. This story was the first in a long tome that had a really good love scene between Joe and Mac's first encounter. It was excellent as it showed love and caring and excitement which is what love is all about.

Having sex with someone is a lot different than having sex with someone who truly loves you.

Excellent story, keep writing, this ones worth 5 stars of course.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Really great love story; and wild and crazy throughout. A whole story about finding true love, or just maybe, letting true love grab your heart and never turn it loose - ever.

Loved the spontaneous interactions, running commentaries, and experiencing true passionate love.

Soooo good.

The only curious question left to our imagination is what happened to the one married bride's maid?

Was that really just a weekend over and done fling, and then just dropped forever and ever?????

Great story.

Thank you for sharing.

teedeedubteedeedub6 months ago

Great story. Life is a wonderful thing, if you let it be.................

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Just superior.

AverageBearAverageBear5 months ago

You're a great storyteller. Thanks for this one!

mac1729mac17295 months ago

Nicely written tale

Thanks for writing

MidwestSouthernerMidwestSoutherner5 months ago

Liked the story and the characters. Not thrilled with the 'Mackenna attitude' as it was happening. Have a sore spot for women who don't think the man is genuine. More inclined to say fuck it than pursue.

Don't know when you have this story taking place, but having Mackenna accepting a job in the Milwaukee school system...man you must have held some secret hatred for her. It is the worst in the state.

Chicago. Yeah. Joe Jr. should have known that the Bears hat meant her ability to think clearly must be lacking. And Joe liking the Seahawks, in Packers' territory? The resentment of loosing a SuperBowl because your coach is already looking to move to Seattle to coach? Nope, that don't fly either.

Still a 5.

AndrewMarxAndrewMarx5 months ago

I'm a big fan of your work, this was one of your best. Please keep writing these stories.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a great story. What a great writer!

MacDapperMacDapper3 months ago

Throw my ticket out the window

Throw my suitcase out there too

Throw my troubles out the door

I don’t need them anymore

Because tonight I’ll be staying here with you

Nashville Skyline - such a nice album!

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfire2 months ago

Hi, Frankie, this was a really well-written and enjoyable story (that I read in one sitting rather doing what I’d planned to be doing). Characterization and dialogue were quite strong, and the characters were interesting and likable to a point—Joe and Mackenna very much so, though I’d kick Drew in the backside given the opportunity. I liked the way the ties between them worked and that, despite the setback of going home and having to make hard decisions, they did and came out well. Two points detracted: the Brooks family wealth seemed a little odd given their profession (but it could have been old family money) and the identical dream was too much of a coincidence. Similar dreams would have been better than identical ones in that having them be identical made it be much less believable and wouldn’t have detracted from the story. That dropped it from a 4.8 to 4.5 in my mind, but I rounded up to 5* anyway and added a favorite and a follow. Great job!

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight2 months ago

I enjoyed this a great deal but agree that the two people having the very same dream was too much of a stretch. It seemed like sci/fi at that moment. Nice story overall.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

A bunch of cheating assholes

Hiram325Hiram325about 1 month ago

Wrong, anonymous. None were married at the time. Frankenstein 1962, you're a masterful teller of tales. Well done.

andtheotheroneandtheotherone19 days ago

You're right, Hiram325. No one expects monogamy until the proper paperwork is filled in triplicate...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFrankenstein1962@Frankenstein1962
2366 Followers
Just submitted the last of my romance stories I have been clinging to. The next few won't be in that category. I have one "Erotic Couplings", cued up, but everything else is still an earworm. Hopefully I can find the words to collaborate with my thoughts. Cheers in 2024. Rema...