Natalie's Valentine

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BurntRedstone
BurntRedstone
9,888 Followers

Soon there was just Sonja and Natalie alone in the party room.

Natalie looked at Sonja's pained expression.

"Are you ok?" she asked gently.

"It was one of the hardest days of my life. Gerry and I are officially divorced but he went out swinging. He did everything in his power to make the transition as unpleasant and painful as possible. He fought for every penny but by the end of the day we agreed to complete financial separation. His accounts are his and mine are mine. I don't owe him a cent and he doesn't owe me. The house in the suburbs and the downtown condo, which he had to vacate this morning, were both in my name as I paid for them. He was so angry! The names he called me! The filth that came out of his mouth! If he could have gotten away with using his fists on me he would have." She visibly shuddered. Natalie placed her hand on top of Sonja's and squeezed it to show her support.

Once more she saw Sonja relax a little.

"Thank you for sticking around. It feels good to be able to talk with someone about this. Someone who isn't judging me," the blond said quietly.

"Of course you can talk with me about this! We can talk about anything! Didn't you come to my rescue when I melted down earlier in the week?" Natalie said with a gentle smile.

Sonja leaned back in her chair but kept Natalie's hand in hers. She sighed then looked at the glass on the table in front of the petite brunette. "Was that a Mojito? I need to get one of those."

Natalie caught the eye of her waitress and signalled two more. The first one had relaxed her considerably but she really needed to get some food in her. Wait, did Sonja eat?

"You were at the lawyer's office all day? Did you eat?" she asked.

Sonja just frowned and shook her head. "Did you?"

Natalie tilted her head imitating the blonde's trademark move and grinned. "No I didn't and I'm famished. This drink is going to my head."

Sonja grinned and nodded. "Ok, we drink these next drinks then we take a cab over to a nice restaurant near my condo. We have dinner, my treat!" Natalie pouted then smiled and nodded. "If you wouldn't mind I'd really appreciate it if you'd come with me to inspect the condo. I'm afraid to see what he's done to it. As I discovered today, he's a vindictive prick!"

"Sure," Natalie said, curious about what a downtown condo looked like. It had to be different from her apartment.

After the drinks arrived Sonja made a quick call to get a table at her favorite restaurant. Then they sipped at the Mojitos.

Natalie perked up. "Oh! Before I forget, I want to thank you for those amazing messages you sent out to all those people! You gave me far too much credit for the work we both did!"

"I meant it when I said you came to our rescue. This update wouldn't have happened and it certainly wouldn't have been as well received without your direct efforts!"

"It was a team effort. The content was brilliant and that was all the production people. The design and testing was you and I all the way! You were equally involved!" Natalie insisted and Sonja just grinned at her as she shook her head.

She sucked back her drink. "Come on! I'm hungry!

Natalie tossed the remaining amount of her drink back as well. She pulled on her coat and followed Sonja outside. Before the blond could flag a cab Natalie pulled her towards the office. "I have to get my shoulder bag." Sonja nodded. She waited in the lobby while Natalie made a quick trip upstairs and back.

"Flowers for you!" Natalie said with a smile as she handed over the remaining roses.

Sonja's face lit up. "Oh my god! It's been so long since someone gave me flowers! Thank you! They're lovely!"

Natalie felt all warm and fuzzy inside and realized the booze was hitting her pretty hard. "I think we'd better go eat now."

Sonja slipped her arm through Natalie's and outside they went. They took a cab closer to the center of the city and got out on a pretty side street. "My condo is just around that corner and three doors down. We can walk it," Sonja insisted. They turned and entered the restaurant which was small and intimate. They got a small booth near the back.

Breathing deeply over the flowers Sonja sighed with happiness. "This was what I needed! Flowers and comfort food with good company!"

"Awww! You're making me all verklempt!" Natalie teased and got a smile in return.

Sonja pointed out the best items on the menu to Natalie and they placed their orders.

"Do you want another Mojito?" Sonja asked.

"I think I'll stick with water for now," the brunette sighed. "My head is spinning!"

Sonja ordered a drink. Once they were alone she looked around and her face showed she was becoming a little sad.

"What's wrong?"

"I've been to this restaurant a lot and now I realize that was because I was here with my ex. That's a little sad. I spent seven of my best years married to that man and I have nothing to show for them. We never had kids as both of us were too busy with our careers. Now I'm grateful we don't have kids. Still, it was such a waste of years!"

"Those years were not a waste! You achieved amazing things in that time! You've touched the lives of thousands of people! You're making young women take a second look at their preconceived notions of beauty and making them feel better about themselves! You've been instrumental in raising awareness of wife abuse and got funding for women's shelters!" Natalie's mouth dropped open and she was at a loss for words as she struggled to understand how this amazing woman could think she'd wasted her time.

Sonja was looking at Natalie, obviously surprised and pleased by her outburst. Then she winced with a smile. "I meant it was a waste to spend the time with him. I'm proud of those other things!"

Natalie put her face in her hands in embarrassment for her rant. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry for going off on you like that! I'm not normally this... uh, this..."

"Assertive? Bold? Badass?" Sonja quipped.

Natalie whimpered with embarrassment until she felt Sonja's strong hands pulling hers away from her face.

"Don't cover up that lovely face of yours. I need your smile to cheer me up tonight," Sonja said to her friend.

Natalie blushed at Sonja's compliment to the blonde's delight.

"Listen, I want your opinion on something. I was thinking of going back to my maiden name, Sonja Hellström."

"Oh my god, yes! You should definitely do that! That's such a lovely name!" Natalie sighed.

"You have a lovely sounding name as well. Natalie Renaud. Is that French?"

"Yes, my great grandparents emigrated from France. It isn't as lovely as Natalie Hellström though."

Sonja glanced at her in surprise but Natalie just looked back curiously. The tall beauty snorted quietly. "Natalie Hellström? Was that a proposal?" she said with a wry grin.

The young woman's face threatened to spontaneously burst into flame from the heat of her blush.

"I'm teasing! I'm sorry but you are so delightful to tease!" Sonja grinned and patted her hand.

Their food arrived sparing Natalie further embarrassment. They ate mostly in silence as both were ravenous and the food was very good. They each fed a bite of their meals to the other and Natalie felt the heat of her blush once more as she tasted the food from Sonja's fork. The blond had a third and fourth drink during the meal and she became very relaxed.

Natalie was very pleased that Sonja was looking so much more at ease, her previous stress from the day draining away.

Once they finished their dinner Sonja payed the bill and they made their way outside. Sonja wobbled a little as the sidewalk was slippery. Natalie quickly slipped her arm around the woman's body and pulled her close to keep her from falling over. She missed the surprised look on Sonja's face but she'd noticed how many drinks her friend had ordered. She'd make sure she didn't fall down on the way to the condo which was within walking distance. Sonja leaned against her as they made their way down the street and around the corner.

Natalie tried to ignore the tingling traveling up the side of her body that was pressed against Sonja's sleek muscles. She felt absolutely doughy next to the woman.

They reached the entrance to the condo and the doorman recognized Sonja and opened the door for them. Sonja led them over to the concierge.

"Good evening Fredrick!"

"Good evening Ms. Ellison."

"Were the locks changed once Gerr- Mr. Ellison left?"

"Yes ma'am. Here is your new key fob and a spare," the man said handing her two round discs connected to keychains.

"Thank you Fredrick! Have a good night!"

"You as well, ma'am."

As she turned to go to the elevators she saw Natalie staring at her. "What?"

"I- I thought... I was supporting your weight as we walked here!"

Sonja bit her lip nervously. "I just slipped a little. I'm not drunk. And... it's been a long time since someone hugged me while we walked. It felt really nice!" She kept her eyes on Natalie's nervously.

Natalie's face was warming up again. She was embarrassed but she was also confused. Holding Sonja had felt good for her too but she was too shy to say it out loud. She just gave the woman a smile and stepped into the elevator.

They rode up to the fifteenth floor in silence, Natalie watched Sonja from the corner of her eye and noticed her beginning to tense up. Finally she reached out and took her hand. Sonja looked over at her gratefully and her shoulders slowly drained of their tension. She held Natalie's hand all the way to the door of the condo. The fob unlocked the door and they stepped into the inner hallway. Their feet made high pitched crunching sounds against the hardwood.

"Don't move," Sonja said and flipped the light switch. Nothing happened. She looked at Natalie who pulled out her cell phone and opened her flashlight app. Pointing the phone at their feet she saw broken glass... everywhere. Sonja gasped.

Natalie aimed the phone upwards and sure enough the light fixture was broken and none of the lightbulbs remained intact. The lovely small chandelier was ruined. Sonja moaned sadly as she saw the destruction.

"There should be a broom in this closet," Sonja said and without moving her feet she leaned over and opened the door next to them. There were two brooms inside, one small and one push broom with a wide head. Sonja used the smaller one to sweep the area around their feet, getting right into the corners. She had Natalie lift her feet one at a time so she could broom the glass free from her boots and Natalie put her feet down in the clean area. Natalie returned the favor for Sonja's boots and soon they were able to sweep the entrance hall clean of the glass. It was safe to take their boots off and Natalie set her shoulder bag down as well. They went to the end of the hall and Sonja touched the light switch for the living room but once more nothing happened.

"Son of a bitch!" Sonja growled out between her teeth.

"Where do you keep your candles?" Natalie asked.

Sonja looked at her in surprise. "Oh! Uh, in the drawer of the cabinet by the far wall."

Natalie went back to the closet, picked up the wide broom and carried it back to the entrance to the living room. She pushed it along the floor as she made her way towards the cabinet and heard the tinkle of glass shards being picked up along the way.

"That BASTARD!" Sonja yelled behind Natalie who turned to see the blond staring in shock at a small cabinet that once contained... she looked down and saw the remains of some glass art pieces.

"I collected these on our vacations all over the world," Sonja said in shock.

"I'm sorry Sonja." She took in the woman's anguished expression. "Maybe you can start a new collection with new memories?" Sonja just nodded sadly and followed Natalie on to the candles.

Natalie saw the drawer was filled with candles of all different sizes and colors. "These aren't scented are they?"

Sonja smiled. "No, I don't like perfume so there are no scented candles in here. Why?"

"I don't like perfume either," Natalie said with a tiny smile.

They pulled a few out and Natalie led the way to the kitchen entrance. Food was scattered all over the floor.

"How mature was this guy?" Natalie growled and Sonja snorted in surprise and wrapped her arms around Natalie from behind to give her a hug. She pressed her cheek to the side of the brunette's head.

"Thank you for being here. I think I would have fallen apart otherwise," Sonja sighed.

The tingles were back with a vengeance and Natalie froze in confusion. "My- my pleasure-" She froze again hearing her words. Sonja released her and Natalie wobbled a little with the loss of the sensation.

"Don't sweep in there. The floor might be wet. I'll deal with it in the morning. I can reach the drawer with the lighter if we switch places," Sonja suggested. Natalie stepped back, staying within the swept area as the other woman leaned in over the counter and grabbed a lighter from the end drawer.

"OK, we're ready!" the blond said holding up the lighter with a smile. They made their way around the living room behind the push broom lighting candles and leaving them on end tables, mantles, and any surface that could safely hold one. Once they'd made a circuit of the room they looked back.

"Oh! What a lovely room!" Natalie said. One wall was floor to ceiling windows and there were a number of comfortable couches and chairs around a nice coffee table. A perfect place for entertaining guests and having deep conversations. She caught Sonja's smile at her. They continued on down a hallway towards the bedrooms and passed a room with a huge flat screen TV with all the tech toys to go with it.

"Nothing in this room was disturbed," Natalie noted.

"During the negotiations he tried to claim this stuff was his. Obviously he didn't break anything he intended to come back for. Only my stuff," Sonja growled.

They came upon a plastic bag on the floor in the hallway. Natalie opened it up and saw it contained four cans of spray paint. Black, red, gold and silver. Only the black one had its cap removed. "This paint belong to you?" she asked.

"No... what did he do?" Sonja said as she guided Natalie and her push broom forward into the master bedroom at the end of the hall.

There, straight ahead was a massive king sized bed on a raised step. To the left was the dresser with a large, now broken mirror above it. A jewellery box had been knocked on the floor and its contents were scattered and stepped on. But what had Sonja's attention was the huge 'BITCH' spray painted in rough black letters on her butter yellow wall above the bed.

Natalie looked back at her friend and saw a tear roll down her cheek. "Sonja?"

"He said I was a cold, passionless ice bitch. I've heard that insult more than once in my life. They call me the 'Ice Queen' behind my back in the office. Did you know that?" Sonja's voice was almost faint as she looked at Natalie who was looking back in shock. "They haven't share that with you? You haven't been brought into their trust?"

Natalie suddenly got angry. She began to tremble. "I don't care what other people call you! They don't know you! They don't know how deeply you care! They don't know the strength of your emotions!" She looked at the word painted on the wall and got a determined look in her eye. "I can fix this!" She looked into Sonja's surprised eyes. "Do you trust me?"

Sonja appeared overwhelmed by her emotions but she nodded.

"Bring me four candles and give me twenty minutes alone in this room," Natalie said fiercely as her creativity was exploding in her mind.

Sonja picked up the energy and hustled out to bring the candles back.

Natalie gently guided her friend out of the bedroom and closed the door. "No peeking!"

Thirty minutes later there was an anxious knocking at the bedroom door. "Natalie?"

"Wait! Wait! I'm almost ready!" Natalie called out. She stood back and nodded then she closed the cracked open bedroom window with a thump and hustled over to the door. Taking a deep breath she opened it slowly and looked up into curious and lovely blue eyes.

"I hope I haven't made it worse but please come in and take a look. It's only paint so it can be painted over if you don't like it."

Sonja followed Natalie in and brought her eyes up to look at the wall above the bed. The room was cool but Sonja saw the reason for the fresh air as Natalie had been painting. The 'BITCH' was now bolder, stronger, and sharper with silver accents giving it an almost 3D effect. But on top of that, almost obscuring the underlying word, painted in beautiful bold red was 'Audacious!'. Natalie had used the gold paint to accent the letters, giving them depth and making them POP off the wall.

Sonja stood frozen, eyes wide and her mouth open in shock.

Natalie was wringing her hands together in worry, unable to tell if Sonja was pleased with her graffiti or about to explode in rage at the vandalism.

"Oh my god Natalie... I- I don't have words. I'm in awe. This is incredible! I love it!" Sonja finally managed to gasp.

Natalie burst into happy tears and the other woman pulled her into a tight embrace.

"Thank you! Thank you so much for being here for me! For believing in me," Sonja cried as she held the young woman's soft body tight against hers. She kissed her forehead.

Natalie was in heaven. Her hero was thanking her for being supportive. The most supportive woman she'd ever met in her life was thanking her for the same. It was crazy and her mind was spinning. She tilted her head back to tell her so but Sonja's lips met hers instead.

She squeaked as a wave of pleasure coursed through her body and she instinctively held Sonja tighter, pressing her mouth harder against the blonde's.

After what seemed like an eternity Sonja pulled back from the kiss and her eyes showed her confusion warring with her need.

Natalie gasped as their lips parted. She suddenly wanted more but her mind reeled back in shock at what she'd done! She kissed another woman! On the mouth! She'd never done that before.

Sonja stepped back, releasing Natalie who seemed dazed. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to take advantage... my emotions are all over the place and your gift... it's too wonderful. I can't begin to tell you how much it means to me."

Natalie's nerves were buzzing and she didn't know what to do with her hands. They seemed to have a mind of their own and she struggled to hold them back from returning to touching Sonja. That would be totally inappropriate!

"I- I need a drink. Would you like one?" Sonja asked.

"YES! I mean, please," Natalie squeaked.

That earned a warm smile from her friend so Natalie felt herself begin to relax. She looked back at her painting and smiled. She liked it too.

They went back out to the living room and the liquor cabinet seemed to have largely avoided Gerry's rampage.

"All he left was the whisky," Sonja said in disappointment. So Gerry had gotten to the cabinet.

"I'll have one of those," Natalie said boldly and drew a surprised smile from her friend.

"Coming right up." She poured the amber liquid into two tumblers, handing one to Natalie. They clinked glasses.

"Wait! What are we toasting?" Natalie chirped before they drank.

Sonja's eyes lost focus then seemed to be looking at Natalie's mouth.

Natalie was struggling with her own inner demons. She tried to think of something witty to say as a toast but the only words her mind volunteered involved lips and kissing so she stayed quiet.

"It's Valentine's Day. Let's raise a toast to that!" Sonja finally managed and got a nod.

"To love!" they said in unison and looked at each other in shock then burst into nervous giggling. They slammed back their drinks and Natalie held out her tumbler for more as the heat of the whisky slowly made its way down her throat.

BurntRedstone
BurntRedstone
9,888 Followers