Near Ending Of Mankind

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My apartment was near the city centre and as we approached the road blockages got worse. We were forced to leave the Humvee about a half mile away and proceed on foot. I picked up an abandoned motorbike and got it started. The two others followed suit and we were soon at my building.

Up ten flights of stairs and we were at my door. It was locked but I still had my key. I took a deep breath and walked in. I found Lauren was peacefully asleep in bed tucked under the covers. Though her face was only partly recognisable after 4 months, I knew that hair anywhere and she was wearing the wedding ring I had given her. I had fully expected to find her like this, but the reality was still really hard to take. I held it together as best I could.

I couldn't leave her there, so I wrapped her up carefully in her blankets and gently carried her to the Park across the road where we buried her. I knelt and sobbed over her grave. All the emotion I had been bottling up just poured out. It was Kristen who put her arms around me and held me tightly until I was all spent.

I didn't stay long, just took a few personal things from the apartment then departed, leaving it largely undisturbed, and out of habit locking the door as I left.

My minders were all for heading straight back but I persuaded them to forage first. We found the hospital's medical supplies warehouse and a food warehouse and filled a small 4WD truck.

We stayed the night just outside the city in an empty house. During the night Kristen woke me. I had been having nightmares and yelling. She came into my bed and held me while I went back to sleep.

Finding Lauren had stirred up bad memories for Kirsten of losing her husband and she needed comforting too. He has also been in the army and had been posted to Korea a week after their wedding. She was waiting for his return when the pandemic hit in Asia. He had become infected early on and she had talked to him on facetime, comforting him, as she watched him die. So that became our sleeping arrangement for the rest of the trip. We just held each other every night with no sex involved.

On the trip back I insisted we stop at each settlement. We made friends, or tried to, with the residents, gave them some dehydrated food packs and I tended to any medical needs. We encouraged them to come to our community if they needed medical help, and offered to let them come and settle.

It snowed hard and we were held up for a few days. We just sheltered in an empty house. It was a good break and I used the time to unwind. I realised one morning it was Xmas so we made meal and all got quite drunk on the contents of previous owner's liquor cabinet. Kristen and I had a few kisses and caresses that night in bed. By the time we got going again, my grief had faded somewhat and I was looking to the future. Not that I would ever forget Lauren.

By the time we got back we were well overdue and everyone was very relieved to see us. Shelly saw me and looked around, then smiled and ran over to me smothering me in kisses. I figured she was just checking I hadn't found Lauren miraculously alive.

"I was so worried something happened to you."

"With these fantastic three minders? Not a chance." I looked towards them to thank them. Trish and Kate were all smiles but Kristin looked sad." Oh dear. I hadn't thought through the consequences of bonding with Kristen."

Later when we had a chance to talk, Shelly said, "they really want us to stay in the community for obvious reasons."

"That's not such a bad idea is it? There is nothing else out there."

"I thought so too, so in your absence I negotiated with them."

"Oh really, and what was the deal."

"My sole condition was you would be allocated to me for my pleasure. They readily agreed."

"Hmmmm, I am not sure about that, I said grinning. After all there are lots of beautiful women around here, I could take my pick."

She gave me a hard dig in the ribs then planted a passionate kiss on me.

"Okay, I am convinced, but are there any catches?"

"Nothing important. We just need to abide by their rules."

"That's all?"

"Not quite, a house been allocated to us."

"To US? That sounds like being almost married. Do I get a say in our living arrangements?"

"Why, do you have a problem with that?"

"Ahhhh.... Nope."

She grinned, "Good, now take me to our new house and take me to bed."

Who was I to argue? We had a lovely night catching up. It helped me put the events of the last week further behind me.

It seems I now had a wife again only about 4 months after losing Lauren...... bizarre times.

Over the next few days Shelly noticed that Kristen was avoiding me.

"Did you two have a disagreement or something?"

I told her everything that had happened including Kristen and my sleeping arrangements and the kisses.

"Oh that explains everything, especially why she looked so miserable when you got back. You like her, don't you?"

"What, ahh..... I don't know, maybe..... umm...... She is nice but I hardly know her after all.

"But you hardly really know me either and here we are together," giving me an accusing look.

"Well, yes, but......." I recognised the yawning 'man-trap' in front of me and decided silence was best.

Shelly just gave me a pensive look and said "hmmmmm..."

Kristin continued to avoid me for the next week until one evening, when I returned home from the hospital, she and Shelly were waiting for me.

"I decided to invite Kristen for dinner so you two can start talking again and get to know each other better," Shelly said with a smile. Kristen had an apprehensive expression and gave me an embarrassed smile.

The dinner was excellent under the circumstances, greatly helped by some wine. The two girls seemed to get along together like old friends and I got heaps of attention from them both.

Kristen became a very regular visitor over the next month. I thought Shelly may become irritated at the intrusion or jealous but she encouraged her to come. She always found an excuse to leave us alone for a while to chat and she insisted I give Kristen lots of hugs. I couldn't help bonding with Kristen.

One night after a few too many drinks Shelly announced Kristen was staying over in a spare room at our house. After preparing for bed Shelly led me by the hand down the corridor to Kristen's room. I was confused.

She kissed me deeply. "I love you Rob."

"Huh?"

She put a finger on my lips, "Shhh... don't say a word. See you in the morning."

She opened the door to Kristen's room and firmly pushed me inside, closing the door behind me.

Kristen was waiting in bed, naked, with a sexy smile on her face. I had been ambushed by the both of them in some sort of deal. Who was I to argue?

The next morning we both met Shelly in the kitchen making us breakfast. I felt a bit sheepish but Shelly came over and kissed me deeply, then the two girls hugged warmly.

Shelly looked at me, "looks like someone enjoyed themselves last night. You approve darling?"

I mumbled something in the affirmative.

"You happy too Kristen?"

"Absolutely."

"Perfect. It's settled. Kristen is as yours as well as me."

"Huh?"

"After all Rob, with so few men around it would be very selfish of me to keep you to myself and not share."

Shelly pulled us both into a circle and we all hugged together.

I thought, "I've been hijacked! Or maybe more accurately cock-jacked." But looking at both the girls smiling at me I couldn't object.

So I now had two wives...... apparently!

Turns out that there was an unwritten rule in the female led community that Shelly had failed to mention. To keep the peace, no one woman should have exclusivity with a man. Part of the deal Shelly negotiated was that I took another wife. Shelly had decided to get in first and choose someone she got along with. She had been talking to Kristen since my return and decided she was a suitable 'sister wife.' Of course as a man I got little say in the matter, though I approved heartily of her choice.

Two wives proved to have pros and cons. I did get 'ganged up upon' when I was a 'typical insensitive male', but I also did get very well pampered in every possible way. I decided just to go with the flow and enjoy.

We each had our own bedrooms and I let them decide on who would join me in my room at night. They say variety is the spice of life, and it is indeed true. Both girls were different in their preferences. Kristen, surprisingly, liked to be dominated and have harder sex, usually finishing with 'doggy.' Shelly liked a softer gentle touch, making love face to face while kissing, often sitting in my lap. They both shared a strong enjoyment of oral, from me.

It wasn't all 'smooth sailing' as this was new territory for the girls as well as me, but they soon became more comfortable being co-wives and sharing me. I just went along for the wild ride, and what a ride it was.

I had expected some jealously to emerge but none did. On the contrary I would get 'advice' from Shelly about how to please Kristen better both in bed and out, and vice versa from Kristen. At first I was embarrassed they talked about me, but then I thought "happy wives happy life."

I knew things were fine between them when both of them joined me one night in bed, mainly I think at Shelly's urging. This became a semi-regular Sunday night event. They loved playing sex games. Their regular favourites were: they would do 'cowgirl' in relays of 30 seconds, each trying to be the one that made me cum inside them; and the other was to tie my hands behind and blindfold me, then make me guess 'who was who' using only my tongue or cock. I always knew who it was immediately but would pretend I couldn't figure it out so I had to keep on trying to guess.

After that first winter we worked hard to build our new community. We cleared the deceased from town, reconnected the electricity grid giving heating, mains water and other basic services. At first we relied on foraged food but then started working surrounding farms for meat, grains, dairy, fruit and vegetables. We were fortunate that a lot of farmers had survived the virus by isolating. Though the food selection available was obviously limited, it was fresh and we did not go hungry.

We also cleared the main roads to access some key other towns for supplies and resources.

Living in a female led community was a novelty for most males. Their leadership style was more co-operative rather than authoritarian and they tended to use power more softly. That made for community harmony which was vital in our new world. The downside was they tended to be more cautious and talked about everything so much they were much slower to get things decided or actually done.

It was the women who came up with the idea of polygamy for our community. As an amateur psychologist I found it an interesting social experiment. Some decided to have separate sub-families, each with their own house and have the husbands swap between. Others like us shared a big house.

A lot of women struggled with sharing at first and it created a lot of conflict with rivalry/jealousy inside family groups. This was no real surprise. They did not grow up in a fundamentalist polygamous community where they were conditioned to accept it from birth. By nature these women had learned from an early age to compete for men and jealousy was natural. Men on the other hand thought it was a great idea at first - having a selection of women to have sex with.

Surprisingly as the women started becoming accustomed to sharing a husband, it was the men who started to struggle. It was easy for them early on in the relationships where feelings were still relatively shallow, but in time many men found it difficult to manage the deeper love and intimacy with multiple women at once. I fortunately adjusted well, thanks to my lovely 2 women who never competed for me or seemed jealous....... except that is if any other women came 'sniffing around' (in their words).

Our population and skills base grew continued to grow as people drifted in and stayed. We worked hard to develop our practical skill base. Those with useful skills were put to work and also expected to train others. There was a surplus of trainees as our society was very simple and we had no use for accountants, lawyers, bankers, salesmen, etc., much to their dismay.

We had also continued my original idea and started an outreach program to outlying communities. Generally the people we found were only too willing to join us.

Apart from tending to the needs of two wives, I worked hard tending to the medical needs of my community. I worked at the hospital daily, suturing cuts, delivering babies, setting broken limbs, removing appendixes, everything that came in. As a relatively junior doctor it was a steep learning curve. Many times I operated while a nurse held open a 'surgery for dummies' text book. Fortunately a year later we gained another doctor. My new colleague was more experienced which helped me learn as well. We also started training Shelly and another 2 nurses to be nurse practitioners come doctors to ease our load.

One quirky thing in a small community was I became very intimately acquainted with most of the female population from giving breast and pelvic examinations. As it was only a small community, it did lead to a bit of awkwardness at times as you could not avoid meeting patients socially. Some women just grinned far too much when they met me, while others remembering I had seen them naked and had my fingers in intimate places, blushed deeply. I never commented and just tried to pretend it had never happened so they could relax.

One night in bed with Shelly in the afterglow after sex, I was gently stroking around her clit, making her purr. She said slyly, "you know, all the women here think you have the gentlest touch and softest fingers in town. I just laughed, "be serious."

"It's true darling, they tell us! They love it when you examine them intimately and some wish you would masturbate them, just like you are doing to me now."

"What!"

"No really, listen! Many women here suffer sexual frustration due to the shortage of males, which you would agree is a serious medical problem."

"Mmmmm....."

"So isn't is your duty as a doctor to help 'cure' this terrible condition."

I just shook my head. "For a start it's not ethical for a doctor to do that."

"They were old rules and not relevant anymore."

"Well secondly, I have you two wives to think of."

"Oh Kristen and I wouldn't mind at all. It would make all the women here even more envious of us than they are already. You would have to tell us both about it of course, every detail."

To shut her up I said, "OK, if they specifically ask me, I will think about it", trusting that would put an end to it.

To my amazement, a few days later, there was a rush of unattached women wanting to be examined and asking for 'it'. This could have only come from Shelly or Kristen and word had got around fast. My two wives have a kinky side.

Time passed, and after 4 years we had grown 10 fold in size to about 5,000 residents. This was not without its growing pains, particularly with maintaining sufficient food supply. My two wives and I were helping with the growth of the community. Kristen had a one year old daughter Sarah, and Shelly was 4 months pregnant. By some agreement between them, Sarah was co-mothered by both of them.

One problem that emerged was that many more women than men had been coming to our community. As a result, double sharing of husbands was no longer quite sufficient to meet female demand and there was some growing feminine unrest. My wives had been under some pressure to bring in another 'sister wife'. Apparently, the girls told me, I was in hot demand. I told them to hold out as I was perfectly happy with just the two of them and far too busy with work to handle a third.

Shelly said, "I don't know how long we can hold out. We could pick someone really nice for you."

"I will think about it, but don't do anything before asking me."

Two wives were hard enough. I didn't know if I could handle three.

As well as hospital duties, I sometimes went on the outreach recons to find other people. We would take them food, give medical care and thus encourage them to join us.

We now had a pilot and he would take a small plane and search for small communities. The tell-tale sign of smoke was a good indicator, as without power, most people were back to basics using wood fire for heating and cooking. A ground team would follow up sightings and approach them.

This tactic had proven very successful. Most groups we met were small with 5-10 people, barely surviving, underfed, cold, and lonely. Never the less they had fought hard to survive and valued their independence so sometimes making a decision to join us was hard. We encouraged them to come visit with no strings. Most eventually decided to stay especially if winter was coming.

I was out on the final recon of the year as winter approached. The team comprised 3 vehicles and 12 people including myself and a trainee nurse, plus guards as there were still isolated bandits around. Of course Kristen came as a guard. She joked that it was far too dangerous for me out there without her. Meaning, leaving me alone with a bunch of horny women.

After 2 weeks of a successful recon, we were about to head back when the pilot spotted a smoke in a remote valley southwest of Boston where we had never been before. He couldn't locate a road in so we left the vehicles and six of us took to dirt bikes to penetrate the forest to the valley. We eventually came upon a farm with a group of cabins in a cleared valley.

Our arrival wasn't silent so the occupants were forewarned. When we broke clear of the forest we stopped to make contact but were met with warning shots out of a cabin window. We called out our peaceful intentions but to no avail. The warning shots just got a little closer. We were about to give up and leave when I spotted movement to our right. Kristen and I sneaked around and approached from behind to find 3 children hiding in bushes next to a creek. They were too terrified to run so I knelt down and handed them each some chocolate then ate a piece myself. After some thought they gingerly ate it, then held their hands out for more. They all looked thin and in poor health.

I had an idea. We brought the children to the edge of the forest just in view of the cabins. We lit a fire for warmth, sat them down and gave them each some real food which they all wolfed down. Then I send the oldest child back to the cabin with a note explaining who we were and what we were doing. Shortly after a lone woman emerged and walked warily toward us carrying a rifle. After some fruitless negotiation we accepted we were not welcome and said we would just leave them some food, then go away and leave them alone. The woman, obviously their leader, returned to the cabin with the two remaining children but another woman ran outside directly to us despite being yelled at by the first woman to come back inside.

"You have a doctor here? My son is very sick, please come and see him."

Kristen was worried about walking into a trap and was dead against the idea. The woman pleaded with me and said she would stay as a hostage. I thought she was sincere so I walked with her to the cabin with Kristen hovering behind us. There was an argument at the door between the first woman and the mother but eventually we were let in. Their leader had an icy look and watched us like a hawk. I scanned the room. There was another women present but the children were elsewhere.

I was led into a bedroom and found a boy about 12 years old, laying down, looking deathly ill. After a quick examination I went back to the main room with his mother.