Near Ending Of Mankind

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Reaching their house, the introduction to Shelly was made. She too greeted me with a warm hug and whispered, "we are really so happy Rob found you."

I wondered if she would still be happy when I tried to reclaim my husband.

Jake and I moved our stuff into our new room and we settled in.

I think to soften me up the first thing the girls gave me was a soak in a bubble bath with a glass of chilled wine, then fresh new clothes. It had been more than 4 years since I'd had a shower much less a bubble bath, and I luxuriated for ages while they looked after Jake.

As the afternoon and evening progressed I recognised their tactics. I was being love bombed and comfort bombed. Rob was late home due to an emergency at the hospital. I played with Sarah and Jake while they cooked dinner.

The three of us were in the kitchen sipping wine together, like it was the most normal thing in the world for 3 women to be waiting for their husband's return, when in walked Rob and smiled. He swept me into his arms and kissed me passionately, "I am so glad you came," then he did the same to the two other girls in front of me. He picked up both the children and tickled and kissed them.

Rob had, I thought, deliberately set the tone. It was a signal that I couldn't just walk in back and claim him all for myself.

We chatted amicably through dinner, catching up on past events. The girls were falling over themselves to make me feel welcome and Rob was overjoyed to have me back. Their love and comfort bombing was working, at least on a superficial level. Bubble baths, heating, clean clothes, good food and wine!.... I could easily get used to this again.

We put the kids to bed and then chatted a while longer. I couldn't help notice how easy Shelly and Kristen were with each other. Not a hint of competing for Rob's attention nor any jealousy. It reminded me of my relationship with my sister Jane.

One topic that hadn't been broached was the proverbial 'elephant in the room,' tonight's sleeping arrangements. I had noticed that Rob and the two girls each had their own rooms.

Shelly guessed what I was thinking and said, "So Lauren, Kristen and I have had Rob to ourselves for quite a while now, so we insist you spend some time alone with him to reconnect and make up for lost time." Kristen nodded in agreement.

I just nodded back feeling embarrassed.

Rob rose and went over and kissed them both goodnight with an "I love you," then he took my hand and led me to his room.

Everything had happened so fast. Only 3 days ago I thought Rob was probably dead, now I was in his bedroom. I felt like he was almost a stranger. It had been over 4 years since I had been with him, or anyone for that matter. Rob on the other hand had been sleeping with these two other women all that time. I was conflicted and really jealous.

I was very shy and nervous with my husband, so the first night we just lay together in bed, cuddled, talked, and then fell asleep in each other's arms. The second night we made gentle love, reminding me of our first ever time. It was wonderful to feel him inside me again and his strong body holding me. The third night I was over my nerves and we made love with abandon.

Meanwhile, the two girls continued to love and comfort bomb me. It made me feel a bit guilty knowing what I was planning. I had to grudgingly admit that Rob had made very good choices in Shelly and Kristen.

After a week or two I was asked to work at the community school. As a maths and science teacher my skills were in demand. It proved to be good for me as I wasn't stuck at home over-thinking the situation and I felt useful again.

Rob and I made love and slept together every night for the next 3/4 weeks. He was lovely and I was in heaven after 4 years of abstinence. I realised I was competing with the other two and had to 'lift my game.' I did things with Rob I had never done with him before. After a week or two he did suggest I settle down a bit in bed. I think he sensed I was trying too hard and why. While it was great being with him again, it was not the same as before, for obvious reasons.

Outside the bedroom, nothing was said by the other two girls and I didn't detect any annoyance, but I could see both of them were missing intimacy with Rob.

I just didn't know how this would all pan out. Rob and I never discussed that 'elephant in the room.' I think we both recognised our relationship was in a precarious state and didn't want to upset everything. Nevertheless he took care to be gentle with me. They all did.

I had come here thinking that I would try to win back my husband from the two girls. He was mine after all and he loved me, but he clearly loved them very much as well. As I got to know the community, I found that the sharing of husbands was indeed the norm, and expected if not actually required.

If I succeeded and won him back exclusively for myself we would probably have to leave the community. I did not want to go back to the bleak existence at the farm. I'm sure Rob wouldn't want that either. Then there was little Sarah and Shelly's baby on the way to consider. How could I make them fatherless? How could I even ask Rob to leave the family he loved and who had cared for him these past 4 years? What about the community that relied on him for healthcare? If I gave Rob an ultimatum would he choose me anyway? How could he possibly choose? How could I even ask him to choose? I was in an impossible situation. What a dilemma. Fuck!!!

It didn't help matters that I was growing to like both the girls. I also couldn't also help feeling a bit selfish keeping him to myself every night even though he was my actual husband. Was I going crazy?

One evening after a few drinks when Rob was absent, I asked them how they had managed to make their shared relationship with Rob work. They looked at each other, then Shelly spoke. "It definitely wasn't easy at first. We knew jealousy would be fatal, so we agreed that we would keep the' green-eyed monster' at bay by sharing him evenly, never competing for him, being kind to each other, compromising, talking if we are unhappy, and being each other's best friend.

Kristen added, "After a while, when we realised we could trust each other completely, it was actually quite easy. Honestly, having Rob was so wonderful after losing our own loves, and after what we had both been through, we really didn't mind sharing as long as we had him."

Then I asked the big question: what their 'sleeping' arrangements were?

Shelly smiled and said, "we loosely do turnabout, but we trade places by mutual agreement, say if one of us is feeling down and needs some TLC, or if one of us is tired or not in the mood, or if one of us is just desperate for sex and wants a favour. We sometimes give him Sunday nights off to recuperate," She giggled.

Kristen added, "sometimes we both pamper his every needs....... together."

"Really!"

"Oh yes," they both laughed.

"I just bet Rob enjoys that!" and joined in with their laughter.

I could sense their genuine warmth towards me and came to a decision. It was definitely not my first choice but it was the only one I could realistically make.

"I have been thinking it's time we came up with a 3-way sharing plan. I will tell Rob tonight."

Shelly and Kristen beamed and we all hugged together and cried. Despite misgivings, I had decided to join the family and they had willingly accepted me.

That night I told Rob of my agreement to share him with the other girls.

Rob held me tightly and said, "You are a wonderful wife and I love you so very much."

"I love you too Rob."

He kissed me, then looking into my eyes, "I know it's a 'bitter pill to swallow' and won't be easy on you, but we can't change everything that has happened or where we are at now. I know I couldn't bear to lose any of you. So thank you Lauren."

"What else could I do?"

"If it's any consolation, the girls like you very much and will do their best to make it as easy as possible."

I cried and he held me until I was calm again. "I will be okay Rob, just be patient with me."

I thought later that the two girls had been very clever. They patiently let me come to the obvious decision myself with no pressure.

The first few months were hard for me, especially at night when he was with one of the other girls, obviously pleasuring her. Occasionally I could hear sounds of ecstasy coming from his room, which didn't help. The girls knew how I was feeling, so the other one always kept me company and diverted me from thinking about it too much. One night I was watching a movie with Kristen when Rob was with Shelly in the bedroom. We could hear some muffled cries of her in rapture. Kristen patted me on the shoulder and said, "I know it's not easy. You are doing so well. Don't worry he will be with you again tomorrow. He does love us all."

The worst moment happened very late one night when someone came to the front door needing 'The Doc.' and I had to go to his room and interrupt him with Kristen. That was so embarrassing and I came away with a sick feeling in my gut. I had deliberately tried not to picture what was happening between Rob and the others, but now I couldn't 'un-see' that scene.

I felt some deep heartache at times but I was determined to try and stay positive.

Despite the obvious negatives, not everything was bad. Quite the opposite. Rob and I had been each other's 'firsts' so our experience was very limited. Under the guidance of the two girls he had learned so much more and was now quite an expert at pleasing women. I could see the improvement immediately and reaped the benefit when it was my turn with him.

After a while I was persuaded to join in on those occasions when 2 or 3 of us would specially pamper Rob together. I had to admit that it was great fun after I got over my initial nervousness and it helped to build trust.

Life was also much easier there and more fulfilling. There was more entertainment, more people to socialise with, and Jake had a school to attend.

Time heals and without realising it was happening, I gradually became more comfortable. Ten months later I had another little one on the way and my focus shifted to impending motherhood and I simply wasn't very concerned any more.

I also had two best girlfriends who would have my back against anyone, including Rob if he was out of line.

Of course Rob had a permanent self-satisfied look on his face having 3 women on hand to fuck - the bastard!

I also found that the family had two aunties that doted on the kids, Trish and Kate, who were a couple. I remembered at one time I thought Kristen was fearsome. Well, she was a pussycat compared to the Aunties. They were fiercely protective of the family.

I owed Doris my survival, so I was intent on helping her in return. I went back to the farm with the aunties and finally persuaded her and the other 'remainers' to join our community. Their decision was aided by a particularly cold winter and shortage of food. Doris eventually found her niche with us, managing the outreach program of all things.

After Shelly's first baby had turned 1, Rob fulfilled his promise to her. Kristen and I minded the kids while, together with Trish and Kate, they travelled to Quebec by boat looking for her fiancé. They found him in his apartment where he had died all those years before. For her it was closure.

I was completely comfortable being a 'sister wife.' In truth, Rob has exceptionally good taste in women and had chosen three wonderful wives and we all loved each other. It was a very happy family.

Rob proved to be quite a stud. We each had 3 kids so there was quite a brood in the household by the time we retired from baby making. All the kids called the three of us 'mother.' On top of that, we took one for the team. With our blessing, Rob 'knocked up' both Trish and Kate to give them much longed for children of their own.

Afterword

Overall we had lost about 95% of our country's population. It was similar in other countries that we were in touch with via short wave radio, satellite communication now being long defunct.

Our own community grew and socially prospered. We started new townships nearby. Children aplenty arrived and started to grow up. I continued to teach at the community school and we soon started specialist college level courses. Our family remained strong and tightknit as our children grew up.

We ventured further, particularly by boat along the coast, found many other small communities and started to trade by ship for things we didn't have.

Rob was very well respected by all and was elected to the Community Governing Council, one of the few men.

The US Navy became the genesis of reforming a national government from their old bases at Norfolk and San Diego. Their personnel, on whatever ships were at sea when the pandemic hit, had often survived intact if they stayed in isolation. They had many technical specialists to help restart some industries and importantly a lot of them were men! They helped bind the disparate communities together and we all profited from increased economies of scale.

Never the less a lot of manufacturing capability was lost and over time we lived a simpler life as our old technology wore out and couldn't be replaced.

It would never be the same world again, probably not even in my grandchildren's lifetime and probably never, but we were on the long road back.