Neighborhood Secrets Pt. 01

Story Info
Crossdressing is at the center of neighborhood secrets.
8.8k words
4.42
14.2k
25

Part 1 of the 9 part series

Updated 06/16/2023
Created 04/30/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Neighborhood Secrets= Part 1

The first part of a six-part series of exposed and confessed secrets focused on a crossdresser, his wife, and the neighbors.

I pulled into the driveway and parked my truck letting out a long sigh. The coffee I had drank had done its job of keeping me awake and alert for the drive home from work. I was still tired and was looking forward to climbing into bed and sleeping for a few hours.

Getting out of my truck, I opened the rear door and grabbed my duffle bag and slung it over my shoulder. I passed by the front of the truck and headed to the door and wondered if my wife would be home. I knew that our daughter was at school, if my wife was also gone, I would have a quiet house all to myself.

I opened the front door and stepped into the house and started down the front hallway. I heard what sounded like a commotion coming from the kitchen with the sounds of a chair quickly moving and heavy footsteps. Before I could get to the kitchen entry my wife was standing in front of me.

"Uh... Hey... what are you doing here? I thought you were going to stop at the gym on your way home." She sounded a little flustered.

"Hi honey. It is great to see you also." I responded with heavy sarcasm.

I tried to step into the kitchen and she blocked me. My suspicion grew and along with my fatigue I was trying not to let my temper take hold.

"I am sorry. You, uh just surprised me Brian. I... uh..." She still didn't move.

"Steph, what is going on? Why don't you want me to go into the kitchen?" I asked trying to keep my tone flat.

"She doesn't want you to see me, Brian." I heard our neighbor Kim say, her voice sounded off.

"Why would I care if you were here and if I saw you?" I asked a little flustered.

My wife was trying to communicate to me with her eyes and some hand gestures, I might have understood them if I wasn't so tired. I resigned myself that with my current level of fatigue I just needed to head to bed. We could talk about this later, or not, at this point I didn't really care.

"Whatever, can you just grab a water bottle for me. I am going up to bed. Long night at work and I haven't slept yet. That is why I didn't go to the gym. I might go this afternoon." Again, forcing myself not to sound angry.

Steph grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and handed it to me, I mouthed thank you before turning and heading up the stairs to our bedroom. I tossed my duffle bag on the floor, opened the water bottle and took a swig, set it on the night stand, and then collapsed into bed. I think I was asleep minutes later.

I woke up very hungry and very thirsty. It was also very bright in the room even with the shades down so I knew I must have slept for several hours and it was at least noon. Looking at the clock confirmed it was almost one o'clock. I climbed out of bed and took a big gulp of water and headed to the bathroom to pee and brush my teeth.

I eventually made it downstairs and noticed the house was quiet. There was a note on the kitchen counter from my wife saying that she was out running errands. I made myself a peanut butter sandwich to satisfy my hunger and ate it as I was trying to decide what to do with my afternoon.

I eventually decided to mow the grass. It would allow me to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin, get my body moving, and I liked the Zen feeling I got from seeing the lines. Plus, I could mix a workout in by doing burpees and squats every time I emptied the collection bag. Sun and exercise, both helped my mental health, and the exercise kept my waist trim so I tried to do at least a little every day.

Twenty minutes later I was opening my garage door and pushing the lawn mower out. My Ipod was playing my summer playlist, a mix of Buffett, Chesney, Zac Brown, and a few others as I started to mow my front yard.

Almost all the yards in our neighborhood were well maintained. The residents were primarily made up of guys in the military, or retired military, the FBI, police officers, and firefighters. Our house sat on a short cul-de-sac of three homes. We were in the middle with the house one the right being a police officer and his family, and the one on the left being a retired Marine Colonel who now worked as a defensive contractor. The Marine Colonel's wife had passed away suddenly about nine months ago and his kids were grown and out of the house.

I mowed the front first, with the mixed in workout, I had worked up a good sweat. Before bringing the mower around back I went to move some of the stuff that would possibly be in my way. As I opened the back gate and looked over I saw our neighbor Kim leaning on the rail of her deck. I was surprised to see that she had just brought a cigarette up to her mouth. I had never known her to smoke.

She must have heard me and I saw through her body movement she felt startled as she quickly looked in my direction. She quickly tried to hide the cigarette and stepped away from the rail.

"Hey... beautiful afternoon isn't it." I yelled out and raised my hand.

She responded but I couldn't understand what she said, and she moved towards her house. It looked like she put the cigarette out on the deck just before stepping inside. The firefighter in me wasn't happy about this because I knew that this could lead to the deck and the back of the house catching fire. Something that happened with vinyl sided houses all the time.

As I walked back to the front of the house, I remembered this morning when I came home, and Kim was in our kitchen and Steph didn't want me to see or talk to her. Now she was avoiding me and smoking cigarettes. I wasn't sure what was going on and I hoped Steph would tell me later.

Kim and her husband Rob were good friends of ours, or at least good neighbors. We interacted with them all the time, helping each other with chores, having meals together in the summer, and doing occasional social outings.

Rob was a police officer so we shared a playful rivalry that cops and firemen tend to have. Kim had been a full-time teacher before the kids were born but now worked as substitute a few days a week. Steph worked PRN as a nurse, meaning she picked a few days a month to help cover the ER as needed.

Rob and Kim had two kids who were younger than our daughter, their son, Brandon, had just turned thirteen and their daughter, Jen, was eleven. Our daughter, Callie, was eighteen and a senior in high school. Callie had babysat for them some when she was around twelve and thirteen.

I finished mowing the back yard and never saw Kim again but kept thinking about what was going on that had her acting so strangely. I had just finished putting the mower away and completed a few more exercises and stretches when my daughter's car pulled up to the curb in front of the house. I stepped out of the garage and saw her step out while grabbing her back pack as she did.

"Hey Dad. How are you? How was work? Oh... you are very sweaty. No hugs for you." She said with a smile she as walked toward me.

I took a second to admire the young woman she had become. Over the last two years she had become very pretty. Today, her blonde hair was pulled up in ponytail that seemed to sway a little as she walked. She was wearing a tight pink sleeveless tee shirt and denim shorts that showed her newly developed curves off a little too much for a dad's liking but looked great on her.

She was wearing flip flops on her feet which I knew was to both show her painted toe nails but also keep her heel at ground level. She was over five feet eight inches tall, almost five nine really, and she was a little self-conscious about her height for a girl. Her mom was five six and I was just over five nine also, so I wasn't totally sure where her height came from.

"It was a busy night. No sleep but I grabbed a nap when I got home. How was school?" I told her.

"Okay... nothing exciting. Where is mom?"

"Don't know for sure. When I came down from my nap there was a note on the counter that said she was running errands." I responded.

"Oh... hope one of them is picking up my prom dress. The alterations are supposed to be done." Callie moved through the garage into the house.

Her prom was just over a week away. It was hard to believe that her senior year was almost over and that she would be heading off to college in about four months. I felt too young to have a daughter in college. I had just turned forty last month.

I headed in to jump in the shower before Steph got home. It was a Friday so I was sure that Callie had plans to go out this evening. Lately that meant that we would either be going out to eat or ordering Chinese or maybe pizza. I didn't see my daughter when I got inside so I assumed she was in her room.

The hot water felt good, and I took a long shower still feeling some fatigue from the lack of sleep during my twenty-four-hour shift. The hot water also opened my pores and the smell of smoke from the fire I had been to last night, filled the shower area. When I had first got on the job Steph used to tell me she liked the smell, it smelled manly to her, these days she just complained when it happened.

I finished and toweled myself off and stepped into the master bed room. I tried to hear if Steph had come home but didn't hear anything so I laid on the bed. I was still tired and thought I might fall asleep again. My eyes had started to close when I heard the roar of my neighbors Harley enter the cul-de-sac.

A minute after the motor cycle shut off I heard the front door open. "Callie, Brian, I could use some help, please."

Steph made the please sound like a command. I jumped up and threw on a pair of gym shorts and a t shirt and headed down stairs. I looked around and didn't see her anywhere but then remembered hearing the Harley and was sure I knew where she was. I heard Callie coming down the stairs as I stepped outside to find Steph.

I wasn't surprised when as stepped out and looked over at the neighbor's house to see to see my wife talking to him. Steph would never admit it, and got mad when I teased her, but it was obvious she found him attractive. A retired marine who stood over six feet tall and was in great shape for his early fifties. Add the Harley, and the daddy vibe to the mix and I had no problem understanding her crush.

"Hey Mark, great day for a ride, huh." I said to him.

"Yep. Beautiful day out. How are you?" I swear he turned and looked at Steph as he said beautiful.

"Good... Honey what do you need help with?"

"Grab the groceries and stuff from Costco please and Callie get your dress okay." Steph directed us.

My daughter and I followed her directions and unloaded the car. I was in the kitchen when she came in the house. She had a big smile on her face and her cheeks looked a little flush. I grinned at her, and her eyes gave me a what look. I decided to keep the peace and not say anything about Mark.

"Hey, Mom and Dad, is it okay I go out with my friends to get dinner and stuff?" Callie asked walking into the kitchen.

"Yes... but I need you to try on the your dress." Steph responded.

"Can I do it tomorrow? I told Jess I would be at her house by five o'clock and still need to change and get ready."

"Okay... but tomorrow morning. No sleeping until one o'clock, deal?"

"Yes, mom." She quickly turned and bounded up the stairs.

"Speaking of dinner what are our plans? Ordering, going out, what?" I asked.

"Can we order something for delivery? I have feel like I have been on the go all day."

"Of course... preference?"

"How about pizza tonight. Goes better with a big glass of wine than Chinese I think." She said.

"Okay."

I wondered about her comment about a big glass of wine. She drank wine regularly but there had been an emphasis on the word big. I wondered if it had anything to do with Kim and this morning. I had decided I would wait until Callie was out of the house before I would maybe ask about that.

It just before six o'clock when our daughter finally came down stairs, she had told us earlier that she was going to be leaving by five but neither of us were surprised it was an hour later. Steph had just finished ordering our pizza and I was grabbing a water bottle out of the fridge. When I closed the door, I saw her standing in the opening to the kitchen. She was wearing a capped sleeve turquoise skaters dress that fit her very well. The scoop neck also allowed her to show her cleavage.

As a father I wasn't very excited to see my daughter in outfit that was sure to draw a lot of attention. Her mom looked at her and then at me and back to her. Her face had a strange expression, and I wasn't sure if she wanted me to say something.

It was also obvious she had spent a little extra time on her make up and I was surprised she was wearing a pair of wedged heels. The heels were only three inches but because of her height it was unusual to see her in any shoe with a heel unless she was dressed up.

"Um... what are your plans tonight? That is a little... uh... dressy for going out with your friends?" I blurted out.

"Maria is having a small party. We are going to order pizza also." Steph responded.

"I am guessing there are going to be some boys there if you are dressed up like that. How about alcohol?" Steph interjected.

"Yes boys. I don't know about alcohol. Maria didn't mention it but I can't promise that someone wouldn't bring some." Callie said confidently.

We had always asked her to be honest with us about these things and it seemed like she was.

"Okay... you know the rules. No getting in a car with anyone that has been drinking and if you have a drink you aren't to leave her house. You can call us and we will come give you a ride. And... we expect you home by one o'clock in the morning at the latest." I told her.

"Thanks mom and dad. I promise to follow all the rules." Callie said and headed towards the door.

"Hey... don't forget. No sleeping late tomorrow I need you to try your prom dress on in the morning." Steph yelled at her.

I thought I heard Callie respond okay as the door closed. My wife and I being alone in the house in the evenings usually resulted in an awkward tension starting these days. Our daughter had become our focus and the reason we were a couple, when she wasn't with us there was a big void.

"What did you think of that dress?" Steph asked me.

I was hesitant to answer. I wasn't sure if there was a land mine sitting in front of me and if stepped on it our entire evening would blow up. I tried to come up with an answer that would satisfy her and hopefully we could move onto something else.

"I don't know if I am ready to see her as a woman who wears things like that and looks like that when she does." I said to the floor.

"Yea me either. Although I wonder if part of you is just jealous that she is getting to wear that dress." Steph said as she moved to the cabinet and pulled down a wine glass.

I didn't respond to her comment and watched as she uncorked a bottle of wine and poured herself a full glass. You could feel the tension growing as I was trying to determine what was going to happen next. Steph and I had a very strict don't ask, don't tell, pretend it doesn't happen, when it came to my crossdressing.

That fact that she had blatantly said something about it meant that something had happened. I continued to ignore her and got up an grabbed a beer out of the fridge.

"I promised Kim I wouldn't tell anyone this but... well I am having hard time not telling her about your secrets based on what she told me. I think I need to tell you and maybe that will help me. Or maybe it won't I don't know. I just know that every since she came over this morning I have felt unbalanced, or on edge, or something." Steph said followed by a large drink from her wine glass.

I had stopped moving when she started to talk. When she said she it had been hard for her not to tell Kim about my secrets, I briefly lost my breath and felt panic run through my body. I turned back and went and sat at the kitchen table and looked at her, still not saying anything.

"When I opened the door this morning Kim was standing there and I could tell she had been crying. I asked her to come in and if I could get her anything. She moved to the kitchen almost like a zombie. She sat where you are sitting and I poured each of us a cup of coffee and sat down."

"Okay... I am sure she appreciated that." I said not sure what to say.

"She took in a couple of deep breaths and just blurted out she just found out that Greg is into trannies."

I felt myself recoil as Steph spoke. I am not sure if it was the emphasis that she had put on the word trannies or my guilt and fear of what that had made Steph think.

"I asked her what she meant by into trannies. Did it mean that he was a tranny or that he was attracted to trannies. I wanted to ask her what she meant by trannies, like did she mean transgendered women, crossdressers, drag queens, what exactly was she was referring to. I then worried that she would wonder why I was so knowledgeable." She followed this with another large gulp of wine.

My stomach was turning in knots as Steph spoke. The only words she hadn't put a hard, demeaning accent, on were transgendered women and maybe drag queens. Tranny, trannies, and crossdresser though had all be said with some level of disgust I thought. I had no idea what to say in response to what she had told me so far.

"She was able to explain that he was sexually attracted to guys dressed as women, so I think she meant crossdressers or maybe pre-op transexuals, she used the term chicks with dicks at one point."

Another big drink of wine and she stood up and refilled her glass. This time when she sat down, she looked directly at me and her eyes indicated it was my turn to speak. I took a big sip of beer to buy a few seconds.

"Uh... did she say how she found out? Has she talked to Greg about it?" I asked nervously.

Steph fingers moved up and down the stem of her wine glass. It looked like she was deciding what she was willing or wanted to tell me. I was still trying to figure out exactly why she is telling me all of this.

"He left his Ipad out and unlocked. She found hundreds of saved pictures of trans girls and crossdressers on it, erotic stories of guys hooking up with trannies and crossdressers, and I am not sure what else. She is planning on confronting him tomorrow. The kids are going to her parents for a sleep over so they could go to the cookout without them."

"I saw her smoking a cigarette on her back desk earlier. I didn't even know she smoked." I said just to say something and hopefully to keep the attention off me and my crossdressing.

"Yea... Well, we all have our secrets, I guess some of them are just bigger than others." Steph said again taking a large sip of her wine.

I was deciding how to respond to that when I heard the doorbell ring. I was so on edge that I jumped when it sounded. Steph actually laughed at me and then went to answer it after grabbing some cash out of one of the kitchen drawers. She walked back in dropped the pizza box in the middle of the table before grabbing a roll of paper towels.

We started eating in silence as I thought back to how Steph had found out my secrets. I had been dressing up since my early teens, borrowing from my mom and older sister's closets. As I got older and started dating, the dressing became less and less. When I met Steph, and we started dating our sophomore year of college, I thought all of that was in the past.

We got married right after we graduated and then she got pregnant with Callie almost immediately in what was an oops pregnancy. Although it wasn't planned, and we weren't ready, when she was born, we were both thrilled and our focus changed to her instead or each other.

I am not exactly sure when the urge to dress started to come back. Over the years I would think about it occasionally, normally it was because of something on TV or something I read. The first time we took Callie to Disney World. when she was three, I think I was as excited as she was seeing the Disney Princesses and I imagined getting to wear their dresses. When Callie got her first Barbie, I enjoyed helping her play with and dress it.