Nerdcam Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

When they had finished the standard, brief men's meeting ritual, Anna's mother stepped up, arms spread.

"And I'm Susan -- or Sue. Or Suzy, except you're too young to flirt with me. From what I've heard, you can call me Mom."

While Anna clearly got her height, hair color, and eyes from her father, she got her curves -- those that were natural -- from her mom. Sue was about five and a half feet tall, with long chestnut hair featuring the odd grey strand. She wore glasses in the style of aviators scooted down low on her nose so that she could tip her head down and look over the rim. And she was a hugger.

"Uh, hi. Er... Mom." Jack awkwardly accepted the hug.

This time Anna and her father both smiled at his uncertain reaction.

Making their way into the next room, which turned out to be the den, they were greeted by a handful of balloons tethered to a weighted cardstock cutout reading 'Happy Birthday Anna.' They were also greeted by more family. Another wave of introductions began. As it turned out, two aunts, one uncle and one cousin had turned up for Anna's visit. While the introductions were being made, Marc sidled over and spoke quietly to Jack.

"Sorry about the ambush. They love an excuse to get together and gossip. I think you two have just about edged out politics as the current hot topic."

Jack smiled weakly.

"Don't worry. It's just for tonight. If they get too nosy, do what I do. Just smile and nod."

"Mar-co." Sue employed the same intonation she had used on Anna earlier.

Jack chuckled.

When the second wave of introductions were finally finished, Mr. Durand insisted they allow Jack and Anna to stow their suitcases in her old room and relax for a little while after their ride. He announced that supper would be ready within the hour, and then, as per family tradition, there would be games. Or Netflix for those who didn't feel like playing.

Anna's old room had been repurposed as a guest room after she moved out. The décor was inoffensive but dull. That was, until Jack noticed the line of framed photos on one wall. They were pictures of Anna with her parents and varying contingents of other friends and relatives. A couple were taken out at the front steps, while the others all appeared to have been taken with the subjects gathered around the dining room table.

Anna came over to stand next to him.

"They take one every time I visit." Anna explained before pointing out and naming off those relatives whose names she knew. "Next time there'll be one with you in it."

"Hm."

"Having second thoughts?" she asked, half turning and looking up to see his face.

"Me? Nah. I was thinking, it's probably annoying sometimes, but it might be nice to have a family that actually gets together and... Does shit. We almost never saw our extended family. Still don't. Well, uncle Henry's in prison, so he has an excuse, but other than that..."

"Wait, stop." Anna spoke up.

"Hm?"

"You're doing that thing again."

"Which thing?"

"The thing where I can't tell if you're serious or just fucking with me." Anna stated bluntly.

"About...?"

"Your uncle. Being in prison."

"Oh, yeah. He's been in since I was like twelve, so it's just the way it's always been. Doesn't really come to mind as being noteworthy, I guess." Jack explained.

"Why'd he go to prison? There must be a story there. Unless -- is it horrible? He didn't-"

"It was all money stuff." Jack interrupted. "Fraud, forgery, tax evasion. Stuff like that. He never did anything violent or whatever. Pissed off the IRS pretty bad, though, apparently. There are a couple of funny stories. Think I should share them during game time, or would that be weird?"

"If they're funny, go for it. Everybody here likes a good story. Long as you don't get too into politics or religion, you should be fine."

"Well, that's a standard policy of mine anyway, so that works out."

Supper turned out to be a Thanksgiving style spread, with a whole roast chicken in the center of the big dining room table surrounded by several other dishes. Mashed potatoes and a gravy boat, glazed carrots, green beans, a platter of deviled eggs, a sweet potatoe casserole, and hot, fluffy rolls.

"Mum, I told you you didn't have to do all this." Anna commented as they were all getting seated around the table.

"It's not every day my little girl visits. On her birthday, no less."

"It's the first time she's brought someone with her." Anna's aunt -- Madison, if Jack remembered right -- pointed out.

Jack took a big bite out of a roll, in case someone looked to him for commentary.

"Anyway," Sue carried on, ignoring probably-Madison, "your father actually helped with a lot of this."

"Really?" Anna asked, "And the house is still standing."

Jack swallowed.

"So you get your cooking ability from your dad, huh?" he smiled.

This won a few laughs around the table, and a good natured poke in the arm from Anna.

"Mm," Sue finished a mouthful of turkey, "Is she still living on pizza?"

"No, she's not." Anna glowered, then added with a smirk, "I have him to cook for me now."

"Oh, nice catch." Anna's other aunt -- whose name Jack really couldn't remember, unless she was Madison -- approved.

"Next time we'll have to get you to cook." Sue smiled.

"Um, okay. If you're willing to have me in your kitchen." Jack agreed.

The meal and company were enjoyed by all. Jack was feeling more comfortable by the end of it, when everyone was surprised by the sound of a horn honking out in the driveway. That was when Jack realized what it was that had felt off. Noise. Busy-ness. There were sounds out here, but it wasn't the same. His subconscious had been holding it's breath, waiting for the ambience of the city.

In due course it was revealed that the new arrivals were more or less the black sheep of the family. Another aunt and uncle and their three 'slightly rambunctious children,' as Mrs. Durand tactfully put it. They professed to have already eaten, but nontheless grazed on the leftovers while Sue and one of the aunts began clearing the table.

When the table was well cleared, birthday celebration protocols were observed. Anna rolled her eyes as the assembled began singing Happy Birthday. Then added a moan of 'Oh, god,' when she noticed Jack recording the occasion on his phone.

"We forgot about getting the little candles."

"Seriously?" Anna shook her head, smiling, as her mother set a single lit taper in a candlestick on the table in front of her.

"Make a wish." somebody called.

Anna flashed Jack a long-suffering look, then blew out the candle.

When the intermittent cheers and clapping died away, gifts were presented. Jack excused himself to run out and retrieve a package from the car. Pictures were taken while Anna tore away wrapping paper and complained again that it was more trouble than they should have gone to.

From the aunts and uncles she received wool socks, regular socks, an Amazon gift card, and a sampler package of gourmet coffee. From her parents she received a copy of Stephen King's latest in hardcover. She found an envelope containing some money inside the cover.

"Hope you haven't read that one already. You know we don't know anything about the gaming stuff, so it's pretty much books or clothes." Her father explained.

"And there's probably enough there to cover gas for the trip, at least." Her mother added.

"No, I didn't know he had put out another one." Anna said, scanning the teaser text on the inside flap. "Thanks Mom. Dad."

"You uh, might want to check and make sure all the pages are there." Marco suggested casually, staring off into space.

Anna frowned for a moment, then caught on. Yet another family tradition. Her grandfather had always liked to hide things in the gifts he gave. Curious, Anna set aside the envelope she had already found. She then opened the book upside down and fanned the pages back and forth. There was a dull clunk when a little orangey-yellow envelope slipped out and landed on the table. It was no more than an inch and a half by three. Anna's name had been written on it in black maker by someone with a blunt, blocky hand.

While Jack watched, curious, Anna smiled and set the book aside.

"He has as many bad days as good now. He said to apologize that he wasn't here, but he didn't want you to see him that way." Marco sighed. "Said you'd understand. And he made me promise to sneak that into something. And not to open it. You can wait. Open it in private if you want."

There were a few solemn murmurs from the rest of the family.

Anna nodded thoughtfully, then pried up the little flap and poked a finger into the envelope. Holding it up at an angle, she peered inside. Her eyebrows rose. Closing it again, she slipped the little envelope into a pocket of her jeans.

"I think I will read it later." she said with a half smile which both Jack and her parents recognized as her 'I have an amusing secret' smile.

Jack was still very curious, but whatever was in the envelope was clearly personal. He'd at least wait and ask about it later. In the meantime, he presented her with the last of the gifts -- his.

Anna snorted and shook her head at his idea of wrapping paper. He had used white packaging paper, covering it in drawings of characters from Anna's favorite MMORPG -- in chibi form. They wore party hats and one pair held a sign that read 'Happy Birthday.'

"Nice job, Nerd."

"An-na."

Jack laughed.

"It's fine, Mum." Anna insisted, beginning to pick at the tape securing the makeshift wrapping paper.

Jack held a hand up and nodded.

"It's okay, really. It's sort of a pet name." he explained. "I'll be nice and not mention hers in present company."

Marco turned an abrupt laugh into an unconvincing cough. The others around the table, (those who actually picked up on what he was saying) were even less subtle about their amusement.

"Better not." Anna mumbled, still smiling.

When she had finished carefully unfolding the wrapping paper, then folding it up and setting it aside, she opened the box.

"Such a smartass." She said quietly.

Each of the items amidst the bedding of foam peanuts was individually wrapped. The chibi characters he had drawn on these were all sticking out their tongues.

"This isn't gonna be one of those Russian nesting doll tricks, is it?" she asked, shooting Jack a look.

He shook his head.

The first item she drew out and unwrapped turned out to be a bottle of the body wash to which she had, months before, in her shower, introduced Jack.

"I thought they stopped making this," Anna remarked, "like they always do when I like something."

"Turns out they just stopped importing it. That," Jack pointed, "was shipped from merry old England. Ordered it online."

"Huh. Nice."

"He knows which body wash she uses." Mrs. Durand said, turning her head to give her husband a look.

"Yes, well..." Marco avoided meeting the look, instead speaking as if confidentially, "Maybe dial it back on the good boyfriend shtick, Jack. You're gonna make the rest of us look bad."

"Don't give him ideas," Anna commented, opening the wrapping on a flattish rectangular item, "It balances out his thing about practical jokes."

"I thought you loved my practical jokes." Jack feigned tragic disillusionment.

"Meh. Hit or miss."

She examined the object she'd unwrapped. It was a framed five by seven drawing. A very good likeness of Nikki and Crystal.

"Aww."

"That one's from the girls. Nikki had asked me about what to get you. There are a couple more drawings in there behind the first one. And uh... A coupon. Nikki's idea." Jack elucidated.

Anna's brow furrowed. While her father leaned to examine the drawing over her shoulder, she turned her arched eyebrow on Jack.

"A coupon?"

"For your favorite."

"See, I kind of assumed you would give me pizza as a joke. Points for subtlety."

"Impressive," Marco commented, "Show your mother."

While Mrs. Durand admired Jack's handiwork, Anna fished around in the box. When she was satisfied there was only the one hefty item left in the box, she drew it forth and indulged in shredding the wrapping this time. Revealed was a thick, hardcover book. Text on the cover read: 'Weird Tales: Selected Stories from Volumes 20-25.' Anna flipped to the table of contents.

"Hmm. Lovecraft. Robert E. Howard. Greye La Spina? When were these... The '30s. Wow." She spent another moment scanning the table of contents, then closed the book and set it atop the King novel her parent's had given her. "Nice new, well -- old, but new to me, reading material for the ride home. Thanks, Jack."

Jack nodded.

"You'll have to let me borrow the books when you're done with them."

There was a small ice cream cake which was cut and served around. When that was polished off, Marco announced game time. Most of the adults gathered around again and played a form of dominoes they called Mexican Train. Jack sat next to Anna and just watched for the first game. She explained the rules as the game progressed, with helpful commentary, taunts, or complaints from the other players, as their luck inspired.

When, at one point, Marco stood and moved around the table to take a few pictures, Anna leaned close to rest her head against Jack's shoulder. For his part, Jack smiled, experiencing a hint of that surrealness he sometimes felt. After the first picture, Anna started to straighten up. On a sudden whim, Jack leaned, tipped his head, and kissed her on the cheek. The camera flash flared again.

"Aww." Mrs. Durand favored them with a wistful smile.

Just for a moment, Anna's own smile was bashful. Then she met Jack's eyes and shared a lingering, meaningful look, still smiling, before casting her eyes back down to her tiles.

They played long into the night, various visiting family members taking their leave in between games. There was much talk. A fair share of tactful and friendly questions for Jack. Stories, including one about Jack's jailbird uncle, and another about the time Marc was a young man in the boyscouts and stole a car to drive an injured hiker to the hospital -- being briefly arrested for his trouble. Another family tradition was observed during this period, in the form of benign attempts to embarrass the party who had brought someone new, in this case Anna, with stories and anecdotes.

Jack had wondered how Anna's transitioning had gone over with her family. If there was any awkwardness or friction. Thankfully it seemed that any issues there might once have been had since been worked out or gotten over. Or at least, if anybody still had issues, they hadn't shown up to the gathering.

He had also wondered if anybody would be so indelicate as to bring up sex or sexuality or the like, but the questions he got were more or less run of the mill, meeting the in-laws type questions. How had he and Anna met? What did he do for work? Did he like living in the city? That sort of stuff.

Naturally Jack left out their initial meeting online, skipping to the story of Anna and her box, but the rest of the questions he answered truthfully.

Eventually, in the wee hours of the morning, everybody agreed to call it quits. Mrs. Durand hovered about for a bit, asking if Jack and Anna needed anything, if they had enough blankets on the bed, and so on. Finally Mr. Durand came and herded her away.

"Alright, come on Sue. Let the kids sleep, or read or play on their phones if they can still keep their eyes open. Time for the old folks to get to bed before the sun comes up. Goodnight Anna. Jack."

"Night, Dad."

"Mr., er, Marco."

"Goodnight. You two just yell if you need anything. And you," she addressed Mr. Durand, "speak for yourself. I'm not old folks."

"Night, Mom." Jack and Anna replied together.

"Well, I am." they heard Marco reply as the two moved back up the hall, "But I feel younger with you around."

Anna closed the door behind them. Moving back to the bed where Jack sat, she found him smiling.

"They're nice." he observed.

"Yeah. So, you wanna read or 'play' on your phone?"

Jack lay back and lifted his arms to lace his fingers behind his head.

"I dunno. I could maybe read a little. Pretty wiped out." He glanced over while she set her birthday gifts down on a bedside table, then moved to lay down next to him. "It was a good day. Kind of a lot, but... good."

"Yeah it was. Eat too much, or just tired?"

"No, but I definitely ate enough. Just tired. You?"

"Yeah. Just tired." Anna rose briefly to lock the door. "If you need to use the bathroom or anything, remember the door is locked."

"Do your folks sleepwalk? Or is there, like, a werewolf problem around here? Should we check the windows?"

"No, smart guy." Anna clicked on a little lamp on the bedside table and turned off the overhead light. She stripped down to her underwear before rolling back onto the bed. "Maximum comfort, remember."

"Not even bothering with pajamas, huh?"

"Nope." She turned over onto her hands and knees, moving to straddle him. She took a moment to undo her bra and toss it over the side of the bed. "I don't think you should either."

"I didn't bring any pajamas." Jack pointed out, admiring her in the soft light of the lamp.

"Pajamas, clothes..." Anna put her hands on her hips, "I'm saying get naked."

Jack tipped his chin up, lifted a hand from under his head to curl a finger in a beckoning gesture. As Anna lowered herself atop him for a kiss, he raised his hands to her sides and then up her back to hold her.

After several seconds of tender kissing, they lingered in each other's arms for a bit.

"You sure?" Jack finally asked, "Your parents are just down the hall. And we both know you're the one they're gonna hear if-"

"I'm not saying we have to fuck." Anna interrupted, sitting up again. She hitched back enough to undo his belt and unzip his fly. "You can keep quiet though, right?"

"Uh, yeah, I mean..." slowly pulling his shirt off.

"Good. Then there's no problem." Anna smiled, hitching his pants and boxers down.

"Sure..." Jack agreed while Anna decided to go ahead and slip off her last article of clothing, "You mind if I read?"

"Very funny." Anna slid her right hand up between his thighs and wiggled her fingers, gently jostling his balls. "Brave Nerd, cracking jokes while I'm down here."

"I'm banking on the assumption that you won't damage your favorite toy."

Anna rolled her eyes before dipping her head to plant a kiss on his still soft shaft. She moved up to take his head into her mouth, giving a soft moan as she felt him swelling. Still playing with his balls, she sucked and teased with the tip of her tongue until he was fully hard.

"Yeah, you can read... If you don't think you'll be too distracted." Anna popped his cock out of her mouth to comment.

She locked eyes with him while tapping his glistening tip against her lips.

"Or..." Jack began.

"Or?"

"Orrr you could spin around. I could give you a massage if you really don't feel like getting off."

"A massage?" she arched an eyebrow, beginning to slowly stroke his length.

"Yeah. Or a foot rub."

"I thought you didn't have a thing for feet."

"And you were glad, because you have a thing about your feet. I remember. I'm not Quentin Tarantino." he smiled. "But a foot rub feels nice, and I thought, who knows, it might help you with your issues."

Anna gave him an appraising look, pursing her lips.

"Mm, maybe. I guess probably I should try to get over it some." she grudgingly allowed.

"Durand." Jack whispered.

"Yeah, yeah. Just don't crack any jokes. They're like, my one dysphoria thing that never really went away."

After planting a smacking wet kiss on his dick, she shifted around. Straddling his torso reverse-cowgirl, legs spread wide, she bent her knees to bring her feet back close to Jack's face on either side.