All Comments on 'Never Judge a Book by Its Cover'

by RogueUlfric

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Enjoyable story!

5

markellymarkellyover 1 year ago

A good read, one of those that I was late for an appointment for because I couldn’t put the damn thing down. As a friend of mine says, you did good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The pressure is on. No comments appear yet.

The plot is well thought out. The characters are fully developed.

The hero and heroine are great people, but real. Neither is a super star, but they are the type of people that make things work.

This is a story to read more than once. Not comletely perfect but still a strong 5.

The Hoary Cleric

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

I really enjoyed this. However, I can't decide whether or not if it would have been a better fit for the Loving Wives category. 🤔 It's just my humble opinion, but anything that includes a narrative about one spouse cheating on another shouldn't be in the Romance section. I feel like the Romance section should have nothing but fairy tale love stories with happy endings.

I really loved Cynthia (Bear) as a character and bringing her back into Andy's life was an excellent choice. 👌 It's great that she already looked at him as a father figure. Very touching! I'm only giving you a 4/5 because I'm extremely sensitive about the whole cheating thing.The one girl that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with began cheating on me. I kicked her to the curb and divorced her the moment that I discovered it. It's a wound that will never heal and I'll carry it to my grave. 💔

SW_MO_HermitSW_MO_Hermitover 1 year ago

Very enjoyable read BUT could have used some attention to detail as far as the military references went. You alternated using Mr. and his rank especially and I noticed a place or two where you used the wrong rank for her early on. Good story line though.

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956over 1 year ago

Good story. Well written, but a bit too rushed at the end, in my humble opinion. All in all, still a good read.

lukeshortlukeshortover 1 year ago

I think Loving Wives category would have been a better fit. Some of us older guys don't spend much time with the Romance category. I almost gave this one a pass. Glad I didn't. 5✨

MysticMysteryMysticMysteryover 1 year ago

This is an excellent story thanks for sharing. I suppose it should have been in the Loving Wives section but I'm glad it wasn't as I would not have seen it.

5 Stars

WargamerWargamerover 1 year ago

Lovely romance, l thoroughly enjoyed it. Had a tear in my eye towards the end. That’s a tribute to the authors excellent work

5/5 from me

SirBigfootSirBigfootover 1 year ago

Honestly, good story, I do agree however, that it should have been in Loving Wives. One more thing, I would like to see a follow up from Naomi's POV, how her life turned out post therapy.

HappyEndingsLoverHappyEndingsLoverover 1 year ago

Can't really add anything to the other comments. Thanks for making such a great story.

Bronco56Bronco56over 1 year ago

Nice romantic story. 5stars

Davester37Davester37over 1 year ago

I enjoyed this story a lot. Your characters are likable, plausible, and well-developed. I like and appreciate the details of Navy life. I also appreciate that you’ve taken care to edit carefully. Please don’t get hung up on the Loving Wives/Romance choice. I think it fits either category and I wouldn’t have seen it there. You’ll certainly get better ratings here!

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

MorbidromanticMorbidromanticover 1 year ago

I loved it. I don't mind whether it fits here or in the loving wives section but I'm glad it was in the romance section because that way I have read it and I'm not so sure I had read it if it were in the other section.

It addresses the cheating topic as I like it to be addressed. It is given capital importance. In many stories cheating directly doesn't exist because the spouses, partners, or whatever they are, are shared, swapped... So there is no cheating. Then there is the story, in which there is cheating but the cheated partner doesn't give too much importance and ends up forgiving the cheater. I think these two types are the most frequent. I don't like either.

Then there are the stories in which cheating is given capital importance. But how the cheating is addressed can be very different: in some stories, the cheated one takes strong revenge on the cheater, sometimes in a very dramatic way. I don't like either that kind of story. But then there's a story like this one, in which cheating is a most serious issue and there is no final reconciliation, and although there is some drama, it is not heavy. This is the kind of story I like.

The only thing I didn't like/understand in this story is why Leah broke contact with him so abruptly.

MobinMobinover 1 year ago

@morbidromatntic

She slept with the date in San Diego. In her mind she felt it was cheating. That is why she cut contact. She felt that Andy would not forgive her after how he treated Naomi.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanover 1 year ago

@SIRBIGFOOT

8 days ago, you commented, "Honestly, good story, I do agree however, that it should have been in Loving Wives. One more thing, I would like to see a follow up from Naomi's POV, how her life turned out post therapy."

-

Your request has been fulfilled! RogueUlfric is one of the only 8 or 9 authors that I follow. Just 9 hours ago, Naomi's story was published. So obviously this author already had that action planned from the beginning. I hope that you get notified that the sequel you requested is now available for you to enjoy. It's a good ending. 😌

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nice story but I am a bit torn on a few things. She gets transferred yet instead of keeping the relation ship going she dates as she is lonely? She knows about Naomi yet she does the same thing. I am guessing that is why she ghosted the guy. Her date with sex just guilted her to death. I think if she loved the guy she would have said something. Hurting him by telling the truth is better than ghosting. He also never makes mention of it. He is able to forgive her and let it go yet he crucified naomi. Is it because one was a wife and the other not? Maybe some talk of that would have been good. Lastly, did he have the daughter present the rings? Was he not there? Why? Did I read that wrong?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story a lot. Very satisfying and fulfilling read. I did have a minor quibble with the way that Leah and MC did not address her cheating. In my mind, that is essential for the health of their relationship going forward. He needs to hear from her what he can expect as far as commitment going forward, as the reality is that they were in a committed relationship and she cheated on him. Minor point, but if this were real, that would have to be addressed.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Seriously @anonomous below? That’s what you’re worried about? GeeZ, the dudes on this site are incredibly insecure and obsessed about punishment; feeling a bit small, are we? A little? A lot?

Dude, they weren’t married or even engaged at the time. In fact, they weren’t even dating anymore. So, what cheating are you talking about? Really, in the fulsome as of that sorrow, THAT’S what you’re stressing over? Geez, you must be a joy to live with, although I’m guessing you’re not married, or if you are, to a mosque. Probably about all you could handle.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Too wordy.

Guess makes sense as writing about military speech writers.

Going back to his speech writing for Captain.

Normal military like politicians. Lots of words with nothing said

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Pretty good. But…..

.

— Never really explained what triggered Naomi to go full slut mode when married

— Leah ghosting him just didn’t make sense. Plus, if “Bear” really knew what was going on AND knew that Leah truly loved Andy….why didn’t she ever reach out to Andy?

.

4 ****

inka2222inka22224 months ago

Usual man hating crap from this author. Zero redeeming qualities. First he "doesn't want to hurt" the evil bitch who destroyed him. Then he wants to marry another bitch who FIRST cheats on him (yes, it was less of a transgression than the ex wife but still cheating) THEN ghosts him hard, without ANY care of how that would hurt him. REALLY REALLY good canidate for marriage. NOT. Then there's the usual BS "oh she had a seeeeex addiiiiiction" BS excuse for ex-bitch. Because yes, clearly she was ALREADY addicted to sex when she started cheating. Oh right, she wasn't.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userRogueUlfric@RogueUlfric
Retired USN. Played ice hockey (goaltender)) 10 years. Teaches snake identification and snake bite treatment to first responders, military personnel and clinical medical personnel. Currently married to second wife (first wife passed away in 2011. Long time writer of poetry...

SIMILAR Stories